(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Good Afternoon ladies!

Yup now in my 26th week and boy has been moving a lot indeed. Sometimes can feel him drilling my tummy and not just kicking. This can be ticklish at times but sometimes a little uncomfortable and I have to sayang my tummy to ask him not to do it. haha..

I think babies move a lot so will slowly change position one.

Susan, ur friend recommended the Malay Massage to u huh?
 


Aprilpinky - oh yeah, my colleague's wife just used her service few weeks back. Is your charges including the binding cloth or u pay additionally for that?
 
Susan,

Mine including the cloth. But not including the girdle which u can choose to buy or buy from her for $25. They said the binding cloth must wear until next session or else not effective..cant imagine..
 
Aprilpinky, we're not supposed to get the exposure of air, so that's why right after coming back from the hospital, we can start the massage the next day. Not allowed to take bath at all, or else, no point to go for this massage service. I can't imagine if i can tahan in going thru these restrictions.
 
Susan, dunno leh..this massage lady said 5-7 days after delivery then start. I think just came back from hospital everything so unsettled and messy, I wld prefer to delay for a few days also..5-7 days after delivery seems nice for me.

Can bathe but not advisable to do so immediately after delivery esp for washing hair cuz we may be unstable and giddy straightaway after delivery. I think I will still bathe at least once a week or so (with herbs or wat) esp I intend to breastfeed and not v hygenic if I dont bathe.
 
My baby also hasn't turned head down yet, by when must our baby assume their final head-down position?

I'm also interested in post-natal massage. My friend went for the House of traditional javanese massage and she really slimmed down quite a lot. They do house calls too.

I intend to bathe everyday during confinement. :p can't stand the heat.
 
Meixue, my midwife said that if the kid doesn't turn by 30-32 weeks, then she will do something about it...else before that its too early to worry.
 
Aprilpinky & Susan, which massage lady did you all choose? I saw in the other thread got recommendation for this lady called Mdm Naini. Thinking of trying her. Anyone of u booked her?
 
Bluelips, mine is called Madam Rapiah (local S'porean 50's & can speak English) and she's doing this full-time, didn't know that she's doing from Boon Lay to Hougang. She's quite flexible, not on package basis.

Aprilpinky, talking about washing hair hoh .. there's a product called dry shampoo ...

has anyone bought that?
 
Bluelips,

I'm having Mdm Rohaya. I got a friend who got Naini. Her charges a bit steep. $90 per session for 5 sessions plus one scrub. Mine charges $490 for 7 sessions. The friend who got Naini said effective. Another friend got Rohaya also said effective so I went for the cheaper one..hahahaaa
 
Susan, I bought that but heard fr friend hor, not effective one. Hair will still be itchy so must still wash. I'm going to cut mine short when the day gets nearer..easier to wash and dry.
 
wah sehz.. u all started booking the malay massage le ah.. mmm... good good.. for u all. need to check with u all.. do u all do any massages now? any good? with who?
 
<font color="ff0000">IRRESPONSIBLE BABYSITTER AND AGENT!!! </font>

Agent:<font color="ff0000"> PETER ONG ENG HOCK </font>
<font color="ff0000">HP: 9388-9332 </font>
PGR: 9263-9882
Agency: <font color="ff0000">JIA HOUSEHOLD CARE SERVICES </font>
Address: 179, RIVER VALLEY, #05-11, RIVER VALLEY BUILDING, S(179033)

Babysitter: MDM ONG
Address: Blk 625 Senja Road #05-146, S(670625)
-------------------------------
Yesterday, went to my ex-nanny (Mdm Ong) house to collect my boy clothing. I asked her for the bal deposit, she told me that our agent (Peter) told her not to return us the balance monies. Peter even told her that we are suppose to give her 1 week notice if we found another new nanny. That stupid hypocrite didnt tell us that we are suppose to give her 1 WEEK notice ??? I even asked him to look for another nanny for us as Mdm Ong already informed us to look for another nanny.

How can he said that ? So I asked Mdm Ong to called him because I wanted to clarify whether is she telling the truth.

She called Peter &amp; told him that I want her to return us our monies. He asked Mdm Ong NOT TO OPEN THE DOOR, IF WE COME TO HER HOUSE to collect my boy clothing. He even said that she DONT HAVE TO RETURN US OUR MONIES &amp; JUST IGNORE US. Then Mdm Ong told him that we were already in her house &amp; beside her now. She wanted me to talk to Peter personally to clarify the whole matter but that IRRESPONSIBLE Peter dont even dare to talk to me. He told Mdm Ong that hes very busy &amp; quickly hanged up the phone.

Im so angry how can he be so irresponsible &amp; who is he to decide that Mdm Ong shouldnt return us our money ???? That bloody sissy, dont even dare to sit down &amp; sort things out, he just go on hiding.
----------------------

Please be cautious when you are looking for a babysitter agency. We would like to share with you our true life experience.
Our ex-nanny (Mdm Ong) was introduced to us by Peter.
During the interview, we informed them that we needed her to take care of our son day and night, sending him over on Sun night and picking him up on Fri night. They agreed verbally. No contract was signed. Mdm Ong initially took good care of our boy, born in Dec 2004. But things started to change in Jun 2005.
This is a summary of what had happened:
1. We were not informed that the nanny's daughter was also pregnant and her estimated delivery date is in Feb 2005. After her daughters confinement in Mar 2005, she helped to look after her granddaughter at the same time! As we needed day &amp; night care for our son, we did not expect her to do so!
2. As the babies' age gap was so close, we doubted that she could handle them both simultaneously. However, she reassured us many times that the situation "will only be temporary". In addition, the agent (Peter) also assured us that the nanny will be "professional" enough not to handle more than one baby.
3. When her granddaughter began to stay with her in late March, we noticed that she shared the baby products we provided her for our son's exclusive use. This included formula milk, clothing, milk bottles, wipes, diapers, etc. Although we do not have concrete proof, but the speed of use is proof enough. Seeing that our son is still in "good care", we decided to close one eye on this, even though it was at our expense!
4. On 27 June 2005 (after taking care for 4 months), Mdm Ong informed us to look for another nanny because her daughter needed her to take care of her granddaughter! Isn't it supposed to be only temporary?!
5. Anyway, this coincided with the time when we had to change the formula milk (from infant FM to 6mths FM). Also perhaps she finds it a hassle to cook and feed our son, who has to start taking porridge and cereal as he was 6 months old. As we needed time to source for another nanny, we had no choice but to let her continue to take care of our son as we had work commitments.
6. On 3 July 2005 (Sun night), when we brought him back to her house, we smelled something is burning in her kitchen but she insisted the smell was from downstairs. The next minute, I saw burning smoke from her kitchen dustbin! Its actually a cigarette! We did not even know that someone smoke in the house! She quickly poured water into her dustbin.
7. The next morning (Mon), it was raining very heavily and we had to send some things over to her. We saw that she dressed our dear son only in a T-shirt and diapers and left him sitting near an open window! Her darling granddaughter was dressed in long-sleeved and long-pants thick pyjamas in a bouncer away from the open window!
8. Knowing that our son is no longer in good care, we quickly found another babysitter and sent him there on 10 Jul 2005, 2 weeks after Mdm Ong inform us to look for someone else.
9. Before we rendered her service, we placed a $700 deposit (1 month) with her. As Mdm Ong was the one who requested us to look for another nanny, we assume that she will refund us the balance deposit ($150) which we placed with her. However, she turned around and said that we were the ones who wanted to terminate her service and refused to return us the balance!
10. Fed up with liasing with her, we called Peter on 9 Jul 2005 and told him what happened. We requested him to help us to chase for our money. After that, he MIA and refused to answer our phonecalls. We continued to try to contact him. When finally we got him, he told us to go SMALL CLAIM COURTS to claim back our money! Not to mention, there was no contract signed nor documents drawn for rendering Mdm Ong's service so how can I file a report?!
Hes so irresponsible and unprofessional, yet we had to pay him commission of $60! Really cannot believe that he provided such lousy service!
Anyway, up till today (26 Jul 2005), we have yet to claim our money back.
<font color="ff0000">We want to warn everyone out there not to use Peter's or Mdm Ong's service. </font>

PLS HELP TO SPREAD THIS TO ALL MUMMIES, FRIENDS OR COLLEAGUES!!!
 
wow! all started doing research for massage liao ah.. tink i muz start my research too liao.. hee..

Aprilpinky n Susan, u two going to cut short ur hair ah.. me not intending to.. but duno if i can tahan nt washing it or not..
 
Cel, for some wierd reason, my mom also told me NOT to cut my hair short...haha;) I don't think its anything to do with superstition or what, she just mentioned it and it kinda stuck to me
happy.gif
 
it's scary to hear such story, really no confidence at all but I think it's all still based on one's luck in getting a reliable nanny/maid.

Celtricia - I had my hair cut eversince knowing that I was pregnant, used to have long hair.
 
Hi naughty &amp; susanY,

I'm fm SEP - DEC'04 thread,I posted my true life exp &amp; hope that the mummies here will not be the next victim
 
Oranges, thank you for sharing, I was wondering how come you posted this story in all the threads in this forum. Who is taking care of your BB now?
 
So many postings today!
happy.gif


I am also not intending to cut my hair, as I think it is easier to manage if it is all tied up.

Having backache now.
sad.gif
 
i'll defnitely not cut my hair short.. hehe... seemed to me all mum-to-be will go and cut their hair before giving birth.. doesn't make sense at all.. i mean shoulder length is alright... but shorter than that will only worsen the condition! hot and yet can't tie.. hehe.. jus my opinion.

Chin: take care of urself huh..

mummieS: to suffer from heartburn is a real torture man.. makes me feel like am in my first trimester again.. feels sucky...
sad.gif
 
Hi ladies,

Went for gynae apptm today and it was such a thrill to see baby. She is looking much chubbier and moving a lot! At 28 weeks, she's 1.3kg. Though not a 3D scan but can already tell that she has Daddy's nose.
happy.gif
She is right birthing position now. Guess that's why she has been moving and kicking so much in the past few weeks. Hope she will stay that way till delivery. My gynae said that next apptm we will discuss my birth plan. I really hope to have a natural vaginal birth.

Oh yah, wanted to ask you ladies if any of you thinking of or have done cord blood banking. Any opinions? My gynae said that this is more an insurance and passed me some brochures to read. Hubby is very keen on it so we will going for talks to learn more.
 
Hi naughty, do u have heartburns too?! I had it almost every night! feel sooooooooooo terrible! almost went A&amp;E manz! how do u 'cure' it?? i really dun want to keep taking gastric tablets...
sad.gif
 
Hey Clee,
How many Kgs have u put on so far? me also now 28weeks and went for check up yesterday... bb also about 1.5kg. But gynea told me not to keep eating chocolates (cos i am eating chocolates every day due to craving) cos I put on too much weight liao! i put on 11kgs so far... sigh....
 
Hi Manuka,

I have put on 10 kgs since pregnant. My heaviest ever!!! My appetite has really improved since becoming pregnant only unfortunate thing is at yesterday's visit, there was glucose in my urine. As I went to see gynae after lunch so the heavy meal could be reason for the positive glucose result. She asked me to watch my diet and will monitor if still the same next month. Sigh...must cut down on ice-cream (that's my everyday craving)
happy.gif
 
SusanY and AprilPinky, thanks for the info.
The prices can get quite ex hor? Like you, i think i will also go the cheaper alternative..hehe, save cost a bit. But on the other hand, if 5 sessions can settle, then wouldn't want to be bind for 7 times.

My stomach seems to be going through a growth spurt these few days, maybe cos of that, my heartburn also ease up a bit. Got more space, i think.

Anyone started getting stretch marks yet? I heard you normally get them from 7-8 months onwards. Me diligently applying cream, but heard from friends no use one
sad.gif


On cutting hair: don't think will cut, hair not that long, but can tie up if hot.
But read somewhere that we may have some hair loss after birth due to hormone changes.
 
Bluelips,

Bind more better mah..hahahahaha...

Me no stretch marks yet (phew!). Mum said she has v little or none..
happy.gif
But I have been applying the stretch mark cream once daily.

My weight gain is abt 7 kg so far..crossing my fingers tomorrow cuz sometimes after heavy meal it will be 8 kg..

Clee, cord blood banking v ex leh...every yr needs to pay them a few hundred to maintain huh..then i heard sometimes if cord blood is contaminated during delivery then also cant store. We are still considering loh..
 
Me no stretch marks yet. Diligently splashing on cream since Day 1.

yah, I also think cord blood banking is quite ex but hubby thinks that this is good for baby and family, not that there is any family health issues that we should worry about (touch wood!). So want to find out more to understand what it is about.
 
Hello Ladies..

Weekend again..so fast.

I heard that if you sign up for FBI (first born incentives) scheme at TMC, you can get a discount for the cord blood banking..in case anyone of you is interested. we are still thinking abt it - cos quite expensive to maintain lah...
 
Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone doing well.

I've put on ard 8 kg since preggie, I hope that's not a lot. "keeping my fingers crossed"

Anyone of you experienced numb &amp; sometimes pain on your tights or legs? I do leh..
sad.gif
 
Bluelips,

I don't have any stretch marks yet. I hopw I wun have any.
Also diligently applying the stretch mark cream daily.
 
bblove, me also like you. Put on around 8kg so far. But that was the last measured weight 2 weeks ago..now maybe more..hehe..

hopefully all of us won't have any!
 
Ladies...

Another half hr or so to go...TGIF!!!!

My friend who just gave birth gained 18 kg and still have 5 kg to lose after 3 mths! I think she didnt breastfeed and that's y..so if we r breastfeeding shd be no problem..plus massage...plus exercise...
happy.gif
 
haha... aprilpinky... thats true..! TGIF!

Manuka: am having really bad heartburn sometimes.. if i overeat.. or go to bed to rest after meal.. so in order to cure this.. i have small meals over the day.. or.. if i am greedy.. hehe..ate more than enuff.. i will go for a walk.. and sit up on a bed using lotsa pillows.. this will help!

Manuka/clee: watch out the sugar contents in your diet. its not neccesary that its because u have a heavy meal.. then ya test, your gluccose level will go up oh.. its mainly becoz ur body can't break down sugar on time.. and then ur baby got to work extra hard to produce insulin to break them down.. thus.. not good. plus.. high gluccose level will affect size of baby(big baby) this is no good coz might not be able to do natural birth.(plus lotsa bad points)
so.. juz watch out for the sugar in ur diet!

wah sehz.. toking about weight gain again. mm... will see gynae on tue.. fingers crossed.. hopefully my.. gluccose level will not go up much.. plus.. my weight too! gynae limit my weight gain to only 10.
sad.gif


sigh...

mummies: do u all get cranky at times still? sometimes.. i'll feel unhappy.. or angry over the tiniest thing on earth.. i guess its not healthy but its so hard to control..
 
Hello Ladies,

Our thread so quiet today...came back from scan. Bb moved from head down position to head up! But gynae was not concerned at all and said only 1 in 100 doesnt turn when the time comes and babies always move abt. Hmm..but my blood count this time dropped marginally so need to fortify with iron tablets already.
sad.gif


I'm going to c gynae every 2 weeks from now and once every wk from 36th wk onwards. Time really flies..the big day is getting nearer.
305679.gif
 
My baby is stil lying transversely, but there's still time for her to move head down.

My weight gain is 8.5kg for 24 weeks. Gynae says i should slow down a bit. :p

Naughty, i'm also very cranky nowadays. Been feeling easily angry or sad. Sometimes will cry for no reason. Or suddenly my heart will just start pounding in stress.

Been feeling very tired these few days.
 
Hi ladies, didn't chat wif all of u for ahile liao, cos i moved back to my mum's place cos hb is in reservist now.

Regarding those malay massages, my colleague told me tat it's better to start asap if u are having natural deliveries. The 'result' will be better. U can ask the massue for advices. I'm sure they will know better. Must we book the massue now?? Will the massue 'take note' tat we have booked for them??

i remember some ladies here mentioned abt takashimaya will be having a 'baby fair' in Aug. Does anyone noe when is it??
 
Nik,

I kiasu just called the massage lady see what she says then to my surprise she said her Dec v packed already cuz a lot of Dec MTB and Hari Raya in Nov may be a problem so I'm glad I called her early. She took down my name and number and asked me to call her once I deliver. I think the earliest to do for me wld be 4-5 days after delivery cuz any earlier wld not be possible since all attn wld still be on settling the bb, feeding etc...

My weight gain is 8 kg so far..haha...I think I will just eat normally cuz I only gained 1 kg since last visit a mth ago and only abt 3 mths more to go and shd be ok.
305722.png
 
meixue: ya.. been feeling kinda cranky these days.. plus very sensitive to what my hubby says.. etc.. mm.. i think am giving him stress as well.. but again... i think he should try to see it from my position that pregnancy is not about mummy also... should share the stress as well..

aprilpinky: so lucky u! only gained 1kg from last visit.. ah.. really dunno how much weight i have gained le... so will only know on tue. hopefully.. i'll not get a earful from my gynae. haha...

nik: i think... it should be in the first week of sept! shall we go together with other mummies here? organize? i still have not bought a lot of things for the baby yet.. kinda worried liao.. :x
 
Hello ladies...good morning!

Having a lazy weekend.
happy.gif


Aprilpinky - glad that everything is going well for u..I am impressed by your weight gain..so little!
happy.gif
If you are going to take iron tablets, remember to take more water...cos they can cause constipation.

My tummy seems to have grown a fair bit - my sis commented that it now looks like a watermelon..haha.

Meixue - normal to be cranky at times..blame it on the hormones. Impt thing is not to keep it all inside.

Is it time to call the massage lady already? I think I had better to so soon..since my due date is smack right on the first day of Hari Raya..dun even think they wanna massage then.
 
Good afternoon Ladies,

Naughty, yes, I was quite glad. Gynae didnt mention anyth abt my weight this time round.

Chin Lee, actually I was not controlling at the beginning of 2nd trimester as I lost weight in my 1st and hence stuffing myself with durians during beginng of 2nd tri and ate when I'm not hungry also...after my gynae's warning, I ate normally but still a lot...However, the weight gain slowed. I think I belong to the grp whereby most weight gain is during 2nd tri. Now tummy suddenly getting big also. A lot of ppl staring at my tummy in office and outside.A little embarrassing..

Hmmm..u better try calling the massage lady. Anyway no obligation and u can know what they can arrange for u.

Heard abt iron tablets and the constipation effect also..didnt have constipation so far as I have lots of fruits daily..now I think I have to have more fruits than b4!

Hey we can definitely go to taka and buy things man..although i have bought most of the things but I'm always v on shopping for bb things. V fun!
happy.gif


I do get v sudden mood swings as well..but guess hubby is used to it.
 
When is the Taka Baby Fair? There is a Toys Fair on right now, but I do not think that this is the one you ladies are referring to, right?
 
Chin,

Naughty said 1st wk of Sept? I think we have to look out for it in the newspapers..or if any of u ladies work near taka area can go find out for us?
happy.gif


Oh ladies, recently I bought a moms in mind padded tube bra from TMC shop. Just realised it's a little more ex than what it is priced online at $13.80. V comfy. Just in case u ladies are looking for strapless bra.
 
Hi nik,
I think the Taka Toy Fair is in Sept, cos Aug, there's the Sport's Fair &amp; Men's Fair going on.

Btw, Mothercare having 20-50% sales now.
 


Afternoon ladies..

Din come in for a few days liao.. seems like everyone is doing well for their checkup.. can't wait for mine to come, as i wan my gynae to give me an approve letter to go Genting on Sept.. hee..

Naughty, ya i get irritated quite easily tis days, esp to my colleagues.. hee.. tink coz my hb nt ard.. so instead they r the ones who kena.. i try to tink positive everytime i get irritated.. n i also quite stress out tis days..

Aprilpinky, the padded tube bra u mentioned can get cheaper online right? wat's d website ah? i will go check it out..
happy.gif
 

Back
Top