(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Morning,

Dilimom, I'm currently still in SG till mid month. Yes, the heatwave is bad...my DH keeps on whining abt it. Poor guy.

Nmum, I was at Morten Bell's 2 wks ago and they had a $20 rack. (the one at Centerpoint). Managed to get 1 sphag top (bright chirpy yellow) and another long-sleeved work shirt for $20.

My cub weight about 350g at Week 20. I think things like genes and gender probably affects? The sonographer/gynae told me that it doesn't really matter how much the weight is right now as a better indication of the weight is only from week 30 onwards...
 


BTW,
did anyone catch Zoe Tay last night? She really still looks super man...I don't think she went to any slimming center right? My mom and I think that she really looks so good now that she is a mother...
 
Good morning ladies!!!!!

What a good day to sleep in especially on a Monday morning. It was raining heavily that I almost didn't want to come to work.....
 
kelly, same here!! Really a big struggle
happy.gif
 
Hi furryfurry,

I totally agree that Zoe looks awesome!!! And I don't think she went to any slimming centres cos if so, she will be endorsing it liao.

Besides the weight loss, she looks very radiant too. And the dice performance was fantastic!!
 
hi ladies..

just had my detailed scan last fri.. the entire scan took an hour and i fell asleep while the lady is doing the scan..

After she has finished,she showed us our bb..well,it's a boy confirmed liao..

MIL so happy... sigh..
 
NMum,

I did my detailed scan at TMC, and the report on the detailed scan given to me has charts on the percentile which your baby is in currently. From those charts, u can see roughly where yr baby lies relative to the average baby. Not for the weight though..but the weight is a formula derived from the various measurements of the baby...so u can prob guess as well.

At 21 weeks 5 days, my baby was about the same weight as yours. And both the sonographer and gynae told me that the baby is on the large side. The average for 22 weeks (according to the gynae) is about 350g. Anyway, the weight is just an estimation at best. I have a friend whose baby was estimated to be 3.2kg at birth, turned out to be 2.9kg.

In any case, what is impt is that the baby is growing well.....every baby is unique.
happy.gif
 
morning ladies...

congrats venus for having a boy! aiyah.. at least nw ur MIL won't keep asking if bb boy or gal.. dun sigh lah..
 
hi everyone..

For childcare leave, think only get 2 days for child under 7. didn't know got the 5 days one, will also go checkout..

aprilpinky & furry,
I was at mortenbell also yesterday..me also think their clothes quite ex ler, so didn't buy anything also. HB forbids me to buy anything for now, cos he thinks i am gg to grow bigger, watever buy now, maybe cannot wear later cos i cannot estimate size.

I am going for my detail scan this afternoon..hopefully everything is ok and can know bb gender today. very excited!

Chin is right..each bb unique..weight as long as in healthy range can already.. =)
 
i sigh cos y she so traditional one?? ger or boy also their 1st grandchild mah..

celtricia..she din keep asking boi or ger.but she keep emphasis that 1st child must be boi ..sian
 
hi furryfurry and chin, thanks for the re-assurance.
happy.gif
so far my gyane always tell me everything is fine for me and bb, and i think i always get so 'excited' at each gynae visit that i forget to ask qns :p
so when i start to read about things in books which say differently, i start to worry...
i think i will probably be like this until i see my bb delivered normal and healthy...
 
Hello,

Bb is 325g at 20 weeks. hehe. guess it's average considering it's a bb boy but gynae said normal. My percentile thingy mostly above average. Anyway, it's +/- 5% average so as long as all features are within the range (the line) then it's fine.

Yah, saw Zoe Tay on TV. She looks so good! Called to donate and support her also.
happy.gif
Read from papers that she can pump lots of milk per day until can use the milk to wash face etc and also give to others who dont have enuff. Envy her man.

I saw the $20 rack for Marton Bell but all odd sizes liao (XL/XXL) then not v nice also. Maybe all got snapped up or wat. Anyway, their blouses normally selling for $69 at least. Far too ex! i can buy 2 at Modern Maternity with this kind of pricing. Nicer somemore.
 
venus.. nvm lah.. juz ignore her lor.. dun add dat n spoil ur mood k?
happy.gif


Zoe Tay definitely looks gd.. too bad i din get to watch her performance as hubby was switching channels here n there.. haiz.. may haf to watch d repeat telecast.. kekeke..
 
Hi ladies,

Recently, i feel alot of 'strain' on my tummy when i tossed in bed or trying to get up from sofa. Sometimes, it's on the side. Does anyone feel tis way too? My tummy isn't too huge lei!!

I think most of the ladies here already knew their gender of their bb, mine still 'prefer to keep me in suspense', Gynae so far only confirm tat one of them is a boy.
 
Hi venus,

congrats
happy.gif
!

me too think Zoe tay looks great. i read in papers,she gained 15kg during her preg, and lost 13kg thru bf'g n exercising. i think the extra 2kg is on her breasts haha.

she's a real eg that bf really helps in losing weight...me too lost all the preg weight when i was TBF my gal. b4 i preg with 2nd, i was a little lighter then pre preg!
 
Hihi MTBs,
any idea if we can take Hua(1) Diao(1)?
the one they use when cooking? I know cooking does evaporate the 'alcholic' content in food...but hor, its we add only after the food is cooked can?
cos i crave so much for fish bee hoon soup and i know the stall will add hua diao before serving... which makes it taste soooo good...
happy.gif
 
Hi Manuka,
During my antenatal class on Sat, the dietrician say to avoid alcohol if we can. She say for those cooked ith dish ok, but to consume direct not advisable cos so far nobody know exactly what's the safe amount...Maybe eat the fish bee hoon without the hua diao lor.

nik,

I experience he same strain too when turning around or getting up fropm chair. My tummy also not big leh. But tummy getting tighter and harder. Last nite dreamt of very scary stretch marks on tummy. Yucks!

Today I'm back at work. ;o)
 
I also experience lots of strain tis days when turning or getting up frm bed or chair.. feels like an old lady.. hahaha.. n my tummy also nt very big.. most of d time nid hubby to help me up..
 
(",)
Same here abour the strains....
It's like little cramps
on the side of the tummy....
especially when I get outta bed or
sneesze or cough too hard.....
Is it a cause for concern?
 
Hehe, nowadays not much strain as a few weeks ago. I guess it's normal.

I add hua diao to marinate my meat and stuff. I guess it's ok. Not brandy or what. Just cooking wine.

Stomach a lot of wind though. Hehe. Funnie noises every now and then. Bb's kicks getting stronger as the days go by also.
happy.gif
Hubby finally felt the bb's kicking yesterday nite. Bb was "drumming" away in my tummy for quite a while.
 
Hello all,

Selling my new maternity tee for $12, collect at bukit batok, if interested pls PM me:

295704.jpg


Bought months ago then now took out to wear but realised cant wear
sad.gif
 
Yes, I tink im also experiencing some cramps here and there. Yesterday night, I felt tat my heartbeat was quite fast. Very scary... starting to feel a bit breathless.... now tummy not tat big, already like tat. If my tummy bigger, dunno how it'll be like. My hubby says i lie there at the sofa like an old lady.... very lazy like tat.
 
<font color="aa00aa">Nik,</font>
Yah, I've also been feeling crampy at the sides of my tummy. The pain doesn't stay... just comes on/off... I guess it's due to the "expansion".

I'll report here after I ask the doctor tmr!
 
Yesterday my bb was like knocking on my tummy when i was placing my hand over my tummy area trying to get to slp.. Felt some tapping on my fingers n realised it was my little baby tapping me.. heh.. so cute n amazing.. immediately asked hubby to put his hand on my tummy.. hee.. tis half a day he was also moving a lot n tapping a lot.. its nt painful.. simply find it sooo 'shen qi' kekeke..
 
Ladies,
Talk about "shen qi"... I was lying on my back during commercial break last night. And I looked down on my tummy... Tummy looked lop-sided! I put my hands on tummy and the "humped-up" part felt like what seems to be baby's head!!!???!?!? Am I overly sensitive!?!?!!??
 
Dilimummy, yes started work and walking really slowly.

Yes, my bb also like to make my tummy lopsided at times. The hump-up side is usually the head. (Determine from the scan, that's where the head is.)

Bb only tap me once in a while, hb yet to experience it. But bb doesn't like to move on days when I'm active, it usually move only after I'm well-rested...
 
<font color="0000ff">as @ 4-Jul-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tidy Fairy</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunflower_26</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>June</TD><TD>10/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyMum</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>15/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FurryFurry</TD><TD>17/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jac</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>14/12/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>18/12/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

legend
<font color="0000ff">ESH - Eastshore Hospital, MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif
 
Sunflower, Tidy Fairy, June and Jac,
Haven't heard from you ladies for a while... if you'd still like to be on the list... please let me know
happy.gif
 
Wow, super tired after first day of work. Gonna be another long day...

Can you ladies eat one full meal at one go? My stomach get very tight if I have a full meal. Thought only in 3rd tri then will experience this, butt looks like from now also must eat less quant, but more meals...
 
Good morning ladies!

Coral, take care and jia1 you2! Can eat full meal for me but if eat too full, stomach will be v tight also like bursting. hehe.

Thanks Dili for updating the list. Looks like 2/3 of the bb are boys. hehe. Went to Oct MTB thread to have a look, they r having mostly gals. Interesting.
 
Thanks Aprilpinky. Now hv to be less greedy and not eat too much at one go. Else cramp up bb's space. Hehe.
Guess bb gals usually get confirmed later, so the no. of gals here may catch up later??
 
Morning ladies..

Thanks dili_mummy for the updates..

Coral.. take gd care hor, n dun stress urself anymore.. relax n take everything pace by pace..
for me, i can eat full meal n still haf more fruits.. but can fill tat stomach can't stretch any further too.. like very tight.. no space anymore to put in more food.. heh..
 
hi hi...

me finally know alredi.. going to be a ger ger for me! yesterday went for the FA scan and confirm liao..now can start thinking of names =)

i can feel bb move more this week, but HB still cannot feel anything. guess he have to wait longer.

on cramps, went i sneeze or turn too fast, will feel a pull or sharp pain on mainly my right side. think it's normal.

dunno abt cannot drink hua tiao now...but guess if just a small bit in soup shld be ok..
but heard that during confinement cannot drink so much alcohol if wan to BF. A lot of the confinement food will be cooked with alcohol (either the rice wine or red dates wine).
 
Morning MTBs...
happy.gif


295866.gif


zzzzz... early in the morning only I feel so tired....
hmm... haven't been sleeping well since preg... keep waking up in the middle of the night... sigh....
 
Congrats Morraine &amp; bluelips! Hehe, the princesses are all appearing now. Cant wait for detail scan this sat to see bb. BB hasnt move these few days...
 
Thanks coral..! if u gg to TMC, better go early cos the heard from the nurse tat if you are late, there will make u wait very long one.

been waking up too until it's like a normal thing already. mostly to go toilet and drink water..
 
Mine's with Glene, 1030am..hopefully they stick close to appointment time.

I only wake to go toilet, dare not drink water even when thirsty, don't want to wake up too many times...Lazy.
 
Coral, take it easily at work yah? dont tire yourself out. So you prefer working or stay at home? For me, i prefer stay at home, less stress. hehe.

I've also not had a good night's sleep, sometimes cannot get to sleep. and always waking up 3-4 times at night. When wake in the morning, still feel as tired as ever.

My gynae said to eat small but frequent meals, so that our stomach doesnt feel so full and tight.

My hubby says he can feel the baby's kicks, but he doesnt seem very excited about it. =(
 
Hmm... i think some mother groups/organisation should make a suggestion to the govt to consider Japan's suggestion - hehehe... 4 day workweek for mothers... kekekeke... or at least half of the week work from home??! kekekke, then we can zzz and work at the same time... *dreaming*
295870.gif
 
Actually I prefer to stay at hm cos I'm more confident of keeping bb safe, but I know I cant lose the job else the financial burden will be too much for hb after the huge amount of medical expenses incurred over last few mths. SO I tell bb to be strong and we hangin there for another 20wks.

Guess, now yur bb movement not very obvious yet, once it gets to be big movement, I think your hb will be amazed and excited.

Ya, wish I could work from hm, at least toilet and kitchen not so far.
 



Back
Top