(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Hi clee,

thanks for your info.. coz my waistline in the past is normally size 25, n d t-shirts i bought is mainly small.. so i dun really noe their measurements of size 10, size 12, etc.. quite confusing.. hee.. afraid to buy the wrong size that can't fit.. dat's y nid to clarify.. hee..
 


Congrats Jeddie,

My bb boy has to wait till 28th June then can confirm.

Kelly, bra extension buy from OG better. Beauty brand then got 20% now for OG till end of GSS. A little cheaper at $2.40 or something like that. hehe. Lost some of mine already. Dunno where I threw them. Guess have to buy some more.

My dress getting tighter today. Wont be able to wear it soon. Still not ready for maternity tops..dunno how. Hopefully I have enuff stretchable normal tops to wear for a week....

Who wld be attending antenatal classes in TMC?? I have signed up from late July onwards every Sat.
 
Hihi Kelly,
I got my bra extension from Ero @ $1.90. A lot of different colours to chose from too
happy.gif
 
Hi Aprilpinky,

Will go check out OG then. Lucky I only bought 1 piece to try try first. Thought it was cheap liao cos some I saw outside were quite ex.
 
aiya Coral, my antenatal class is on Monday leh... how many lessons have u attended so far? So far, i have attended only 1 lesson.
happy.gif
 
Nik,
ya - coke into toilet bowl. Its the 'housewife' secret weapons. If u have stubborn stains in toilet bowl, pour a can of coke into the toilet bowl and wait 5 mins, then flash - nice and clean... aiya, but nowadays, toilet bleech cheap and everywhere, so seldom people use this method liao..
happy.gif
 
Congrats Manuka!! November seems like a baby boy month. Maybe it's because it's a odd-number month? :pP hehe.

Oh Ero cheap huh? Will go West Mall Ero see whether still have or not.
 
Manuka,

I went to the Jurong Point one lor..... Good business I guess.

Congratulations!!!! I want a boy too.... will be going for the detailed scan next Wednesday, wish me luck.
 
congrats manuka!
I'll be having my scanning tml....
very very nervous and excited......
hoping to be able to see the gender of the bb....
sad.gif
Hubby doesn't want to know the gender of bb.....
Dili: It's alright about the gathering thingy....
Hopfully, we'll be able to organise a successful one SOON.
 
<font color="0000ff">as @ 16-Jun-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tidy Fairy</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunflower_26</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Numee</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>June</TD><TD>10/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyMum</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>15/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FurryFurry</TD><TD>17/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jac</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyfulhands</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>14/12/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>18/12/05</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

legend
<font color="0000ff">ESH - Eastshore Hospital, MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif
 
Hi Manuka,

Congratulations on your boy! Guess mine will be a gal, but doc hasn't want to confirm for us during scan, he said that should be the last thing on our mind now...
I'll be going for my 1st lesson this Sat.

Btw, don't you gals have to buy new bras? The extension doesn't help with the increasing cup size rite? I'm thinking of getting nursing bras instead of the usual ones we wear.
 
Ah fat... usually gynea will ask if u want to know the gender of the bb before they tell u...
happy.gif
for me, at 16 weeks, i can't see bb's gender cos cross legs.
Wish u luck today
happy.gif
 
Coral,

The extension does help. I did buy a few no-wire bra of bigger size but wasteful loh cuz cant wear after delivery .. will shrink back. hehe :p

Nursing bra I bought one also. V ex and no padding..havent fixed or buy any padding for it yet. Definitely cant wear now cuz v thin and revealing.
 
Hihi Coral,
Why do u guess its a gal? Hehe... some of my frds say i definately will have a gal becos I have all the 'gsl symtoms', ie. MS, no pimples etc. End up, its still a boy! :D
ya, agree gender shd be the last thing on our mind... everytime i go for check up, the first thing i want to see on the screen is the bb's heartbeat! the moment i see the flickering light, i feel sooooo fang xin.
happy.gif


As for bra extension - i use until about 18 weeks i cannot use already... cos cup size too small, end up, very uncomfortable and rashes. So I got to buy bigger bras. But I didn't buy nursing bras cos I tot they look so orbiang and no padding... not used to wearing bras with no padding.. hehe
happy.gif
 
Hi Coral,

The bra extensions work for me cos my cup size grew quite a bit after my first pregnancy and didn't go back down. Now with my second pregnancy, cup size is no longer getting bigger but the circumference is getting tighter though.......
 
I guess gal cos like Manuka say no pimples, and hubby in navy told me most of his colleages hv gals they say due to the radiation exposure they hv at work. Actually myself dn't really mind but hubby and parents keep asking doc n me till I got so angry yday and just tell them it's a gal.
Vy jialat, me still confined to bed rest so can go out to buy things but bras so tight now and clothes all tight but no chance to buy maternity clothes. Sat going for antenatal class got to find something to squeeze into. Next Sat is sis-in-law's wedding I really no mood to go cos I hv no proper clothes that I can squeeze into n I cant go shopping...
 
coral - MS = morning sickness
happy.gif

well - nothing is certain in this world... i believe all MTBs biggest wish is for a smooth 9mth and for their child to be healthy
happy.gif

Right? heck-care what the other people say ba
happy.gif
 
Agree - the pregnancy itself is already difficult in itself... conceiving, bringing a baby to full term, and giving birth safely ..etc should be the things that we worry about most. Think the last thing we all need is any addtional pressure as to whether the baby is a girl or boy..so, let's all not be too bothered by what others tell us!!
happy.gif
 
Hello Ladies,

Never be too bothered by what others say. I went to see some of the threads here on stillbirths etc. Eyes full of tears when I read some of them who forced to terminate their pregnancy. Do you think boy/girl is impt to them at all then?

Now everyday I have been telling my hubby, no movement in tummy leh....maybe too early..next monday will be my 19th week already. I also agree that the first thing I look at for every visit is the blinking white spot of heartbeat but for now some little kicks wld be v assuring cuz only can "see" baby abt once a month now..

Hey I think mine shd be a boy but no pimples not much MS also leh.

Coral, try to wear sleep wear or big tee at home loh. Can ask your mum or girlfriend to go and buy for you a few pieces to make you more comfortable lah.
 
Ya, actually seeing the heart beat is the most assuring thing. I can't feel any movement yet, too. Hubby been thinking of buying those device that the nurse use during my hospital stay to detect bb's heart beat daily so that we can be more assured. But I think like a bit too kiasu.
Ya, been wearing big sleeping wear at home, it's the once a week check up that make me realise I hv no clothes to wear out.
Yes, it's scary when one is forced to give up your bb. During my hospital stay the lay beside me was forced to give birth to her 20wks old bb as the bag broke and they cant save the bb. I was beside her when the whole thing happen, I sort of freak out and all I could do is pray for her and bb...
 
Hi ladies, juz came back from my checkup. Still can't see the gender of my other bb. My weight shot up 3kg in 3 weeks, gynae said too much liao. Ask me to watch my diet.

Sexxy, i didn't do any blood test today. I tot i'm already 16th weeks, but gynae said i'm 15.5weeks. So, i'm going down again on the 1st of july. They also booked the detailed scan for me at NUH. It's at the end of july.

I was wondering whether can we eat a lot of tou foo??. Heard tat we shouldn't eat tou huay due to 'shi gao'.
 
Nik,

Tou fu is good wat. Got protein. My mkt here got one stall selling tou huay then got newspaper cutting said no shi gao cuz secret recipe but it's true shi gao not good even to normal person not to mention MTBs.

Coral, then wear big tee to the clinic lah. Ask ur friend or mum or even ur hubby to buy one size bigger Giodano basic tee for you and those elastic cotton long or mid-length sports pants (I'm wearing those pants temporarily also)to match will do I think.
 
Aprilpinky,
I've the same thots about no bb movement &amp; wondering if everything's ok. Only get to see bb once a month &amp; it seems so long. Can't wait! Moreover most of my preggie symptoms have disappeared &amp; I don't have the feeling of being preggie... Kinda of strange feeling of 'not here not there'.

Will u let us know how's your antenatal classes in TMC? Thot of signing up for Aug's classes.
 
Hi ladies, I remember one of the soya bean drink chain shop(for example, selegie, Mr bean, rocher) also dun use shi gao. But i dun remember which one.

Aprilpinky, is it tou fu got no shi gao???
 
(",)
I am truely excited today!
The scan today shows so much more!!
I could see the bb head, chin, not to mention BUTT as well!!
so interesting!!
the flickerling heartbeat was the most reasuring!
bb open leg wide wide......
it's a BOY!!
 
Manuku, Chin &amp; Aprilpinky
Totally agreed with your views about bb's gender. Especially the "heck-care what ppl say" haha... Most important is to have a healthy and happy baby!

Ah Fat
congrats and I'm also so excited to know that the scan at 16th wk can see so much, chin and butts! I can't wait for mine, as now in 14wks.

But a bit sad that my husband will be away overseas during my 16wk checkup, so I'll get my mum to accompany me. Very scared to go alone...

Ladies
Have your husband tried hearing your tummy? I always ask mine to hear for bb's heart-beat but all he can hear is "water bubbling" sounds! ha. I tot in later months, we can hear bb's heart-beat with naked ears?

Coral
I saw Mothercare selling the device to hear bb's heart beat, costs about $95. Don't know if it's a doppler, the one use by doctors.
 
thanks furryfurry,
Dun think I have to hit the shops any sooner....
coz I've got tones and tones of hand me downs.....
But, I've got to go get a teddy bear....
coz I promise my kid to get him one if he reveals his gender.....

Moonbell: You'll be as excited as I am, I promise!!
My hubby tried listening to my tummy.....
BUT, can hear nothing leh.....
 
nik,

Beancurd is ok I think. never heard of beancurd having shi gao. More of tao huay. Drink more soya bean milk loh, good for MTBs but ask them to put less syrup.

Congrats Ah fat!

Joyful, TMC's antenatal classes sure good one lah. hehehe. Will update you when I go for mine.
happy.gif
Now I same same like you sometimes early morning wake up feeling v normal also forgot pregnant already. haha. But that day suddenly vomitted some whitish liquid while brushing teeth (not gut juice, dunno wat) then felt v scared MS will come back. But it hasnt these few days. Phew!

Hubby cant hear anything, only the water bubbling sound also. hahahhahahaha...

The hearing device good or not? as in will it harm /disturb bb in any way? scared leh. Or else I will consider buying also cuz want to hear him everyday as well.
happy.gif
 
actually, i just heard from some old folks not to take too much soya bean milk..as it is considered quite "liang". personally, i think anything in moderation is fine, so a drink once in a while is ok..just overdo it.

i am getting some nausea once in a while (already in Week 20 now)..i am not sure if it is something i ate. i heard from a friend (who is a mother already) that this is normal..so i guess as long as it does me no harm, it is ok.

isn't it exciting finding out the gender?! can start doing proper shopping!!
 
Chin,

Is Soya Bean milk liang? Never heard before leh. hehe. I have been drinking the hot soya bean milk at least once a week. Hopefully nothing bad will happen. Anyway, some babies allegic to cow's milk also take soya bean milk. Shdnt be too bad. Maybe it's the tao huay which is liang due to the shi gao. Vaguely remembered mum saying that..

Today went to buy some more maternity clothing at Modern Maternity. Tried on some of their hugging tees and realised my tummy is showing!! hehehee..so bought a hugging tee and a pair of maternity shorts plus others. I think shd be wearing the maternity blouses one or two weeks later. V happy. Or else hubby kept on nagging buy so many maternity tops/dresses also never wear till now.. hehe
 
well..i had dinner with a chinese doctor / professor from guangzhou last thur..he is quite old (more than 60).. and he was the one who told me that soya bean is "liang"..but like i said, take everything in moderation ..so you shld be fine. Once a week does not sound like an overdose!
happy.gif


my stomach is also showing..i am not sure if it is my imagination, but it seems to be have expanded over the last few days!!
 
Chin,

Good morning! Oh I see, ok will be drinking soya bean milk today again. hehe. Hubby is cooking it. Home-made
happy.gif
but think wont get to drink for the whole of next wk until wkend.

Yah, they always say tummy will grow v fast from 5th month onwards now we are all nearing 5th month liao so not surprising.
happy.gif
 
nik, just received call from Dr Lim clinic yesterday tat he flying off yesterday so my appt got to change to tues instead of mon... :-( so excited but got to wait for another day! hehehe....
how come no bloodtest, isit got to do after 16weeks? wow.. the detail scan got to go to NUH hah, TMC don't have meh? i going to the antenatal class 20 july (wed) wan to join?
 
Hi Moonbell,Thanks for the info.

Ah Fat, Congrats!

Nik, I also put on 1kg per week, but apparently my doc is quite happy with it. Prob cos I lost some weight initially. Think I shgould slow down too.

Aprilpinky, I think the doppler shouldn't be harmful to bb. When I was hospitalised they use it on me 2-3times daily. Just normal ultrasound.

Hubby also tried to listen to bb via his ears but can only hear my stomach's noise.

Oh gosh, didn't know soya bean milk liang, drinking that daily...Must stop now.

Just for all your info. Went to antenatal class yday and was told that our breast will continue grwing till 25wks, thus the advice fm them is to buy new bra after that. But I can't tahan that long so yday went for a short shopping trip with hubby and bought one to tei over, now feel so relieve n can breath better.

Btw, anyone planning to go for c-section? I had never considered that as an option but now was told that with my condition, if placenta doesn't move up, c-section is a must. Quite sad...
 
Coral,

Yes, read abt planned c-section and condition whereby c-section is a must for certain conditions in one of the baby magazines this month. Dont be sad lah, as long as baby is healthy and come out safely, how he/she comes out is trivial to me.
happy.gif
But be prepared to spend more days on the bed before you can walk around.

I'm going for natural birth unless cannot loh.
 



Back
Top