(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Hi Joyful,

Thanks for the list! You read my mind. Was thinking the same thing too about the benefits of confinement catering for caretaker (in this case, my mom) during that period. Don't mind paying a bit more if we are getting good food and nutrition especially when we need to recover from childbirth.

I have asked around and it seems that Natal Essentials www.confinement.com.sg (which is also on your list) has quite good feedback. Some say that the quantity is enough for two so mum/hubby can makan also! Showed my mum the menu and she thinks it's not bad too. She was at first resistant to the idea of catering but now says good idea cos she can concentrate on making other tonics for me and can take care of me and baby better if the daily makan is taken care of.

kelly, thanks for the info on the good buys on bb clothes. Yeah, also think that no need to buy expensive ones for new-born. They will grow out of it so quickly!
 


<font color="aa00aa">Moonbell,</font>
My Mum and MIL usually use double boiler to prevent the birds' nest from "dissolving". Besides rock sugar, you can add red dates too. I have it plain with rock sugar or honey, and alternate between hot and cold... I'm also taking the Eu Yan Sang's Hua Yan (ready made). Hope that helps.

<font color="aa00aa">Nat,</font>
Will join you there! You're so on about SGH, so encouraging!

<font color="aa00aa">Chin,</font>
Weight gain... generally in the 2nd trimester, 0.25-0.5 kg/week.

I'm wearing maternity top today!! Although still big enuf to put chickens... I'm feeling soooo comfy!! Gonna start wearing from now.
 
dili_mum

u oni started wearing maternity clothes today? I have been wearing them for a month liao..hehee...getting too fat to wear normal clothes....
 
Clee,
which menu are u looking at, the one with extra soup or without? I'm interested in the one without extra soup at lunch, as there'll be other tonics prepared by my family. Also heard that Natal Essentials is recommended, altho' slightly more ex than Newbaby.

Dili,
Bravo... I still can't take the 1st step to put on the maternity top, looks too fluffy at this stage. Actually I still don't look preggie, maybe can tahan for a little while more.. and I don't have enough maternity clothes yet.. more shopping to do
happy.gif
 
<font color="aa00aa">Jeddie,</font>
Yah lor, I've been wearing bottoms on/off for 2 weeks. Started wearing tops today. Feel very uncomfortable in my normal clothes and have to pull here and there!

<font color="aa00aa">NMum,</font>
I think we will have some secretions from our breasts before we give birth... but don't think it's substantial enuf to stain thru the bra though.
 
wow wow, thread so lively all of a sudden! hehe.

So far I dont have secretions fr my breasts and hopefully will not have until D-day.

Just went to alter a few of the maternity dresses that i bought some time back cuz too long and arm hole too big! The tops still too big for me leh. Wearing maternity bottoms for weeks already but for tops I think will take another 2-3 weeks before I would wear. Now really too early for me. Tummy only showing a bit. Today is first day of my 19th week liao, hopefully can feel the bb soon.

For caterer, my mum doesnt want me to spend the $$. She said she all cooks together every1 can all eat rather than pay separately for me only. What's more, I like my mum's cooking above all
happy.gif
hehe..no one can match hers.
 
Aprilpinky, you are so lucky! Yes, mum's cooking is still the best. But I know my mum. She will get very stressed if she has to cook and do so many other things for me during confinement.
happy.gif


joyful, am looking at Menu B. Is that what u are interested too? Looks quite decent and yummy! They also got an early bird discount if book a month before delivery date.

Didn't buy much maternity clothes. Just bought bigger sized tops. Am looking pregnant with protuding tummy but not very big.

Recently, received a wonderful gift from my best friend in Melbourne who sent me this device called the "belly belt" which you can adjust and wear with your regular bottoms throughout your pregancy. Have you gals heard of it? Not sure if they sell it in Singapore but I find it quite useful. Only thing is that I have to find tops long enough to hide the unzipped pants/skirts! Luckily, my friend also got me this tube which can wear with shorter tops and cover the unzipped area too. Here's the website of the company selling the product if you are interested to learn more. www.fertilemind.com.au
 
Clee,
yes Menu B too! Quantity looks sufficient. I may take advantage of the early bird discount, hopefully actual delivery date is not too far from EDD.

Same sentiments about mum getting stressed. My mum doesn't mind doing confinement for me but she insists she wants to do everything! including looking after bb &amp; me, cooking &amp; on top, doing housework! So, no confinement lady. She's already in her late 60s &amp; it'll be her 1st time doing confinement, so I'm worried she might have underestimated the effort required &amp; get herself stressed during 1-mth period. Therefore I thot confinement food delivery is one option to consider.

I think the belt is being sold in S'pore too, but can't recall where.
 
Thanks for the info about weight gain, Dili_Mummy. I am already wearing maternity pants..jeans..etc..but tops, can still wear the normal stuff..though I think I have to start wearing the maternity stuff soon!

Hey, I think for those of you whose mothers or mothers-in-law are happy to do confinement for you, you people are one lucky bunch..cos you have someone you totally trust with the baby and yourself. For me - I am hiring a confinement lady from KL - recommended by a friend. Hope everything goes well (*keeping fingers crossed*).

Going to try one of those pre-natal classes here today..let's see how that goes.

I saw some other threads on breast pumps somewhere..just wondering what you all think? Manual or battery? Brand? Any experienced mothers can share..?
 
Hi ladies,

Dili, the gathering is tmr? oh I think i can't make it liao. I will be going out wif my hb. Both of us were really busy last week. I moved back to my mum's place to take care of 4 dogs. I'm deadbeat now. I'm only backed to my own place last nite. Finally able to sleep well. Hb wans to spend some time wif me mah.

Sexxy, how have u been, u also didn't log in for a while. Me going for my blood test tis friday. I'm so worried. I hate to do blood test.
 
Nik,
No prob lah, thanks for letting me know. You better take care ah, don't tire yourself out!
I'm waiting to find out if your other bb is a boy too!
happy.gif


Seems like response for the gathering isn't so good, either shy or busy it seems... it's a pity.

Anyway, we've decided to meet tmr at 7pm, House of Sudanese @ Suntec City. Those who haven't responded, please PM me asap.
 
hi dili.. sorry.. can't make it too.. coz i'm down wif flu n mummy make me stay at her hse since hubby is nt ard n doesn't allow me to go out.. haiz.. so no choice.. gotta stay home.. hope i can make it the nxt gathering.. thanks for organising d gathering..
 
nik: ya.. stil not feeling good, flu stil w me. me going on next mon, very scared of the pain lei.... but very excited to see my bb, dont know how big liao..? my tummy very big liao like 4-5 mths pregnant!

Dili: i dont think i can make it cos stil having flu, dont wan to pass to u gals. enjoy urselves!
 
Sexxy, u still got flu. Better take care. Try to eat more fruits. I try to make myself eat at least an apple a day. Cos I'm not a fruit-lover.
I'm always look forward to my checkup. I think everyone here do too. Cos tat's the only way we can see our bb right now. My tummy still rather small. Doesn't looked preggie, looked more like someone requires 'tummy trim' slimming pills.

Dili, thanks for organising. Will try to make it next time.
 
hello ladies,

Have fun and take care esp for those down with flu.Weather not v good so v easy to fall sick. Eat more fruits and rest whenever you can.

Oh yah ladies,just read abt some of the problems with engorgement (overfilling of the breasts with milk) so even more convinced that a milk pump would be able to reduce such problems..
 
nik, mayb u try eating durian to bu ur babys cos my friends told me tat 2nd tri we can eat liao but i start last mth cos i craving for it. i think it really make my baby bigger...
 
really looking forward for my checkup, got to wait til mon... long wait manz. hope i can see my bb gender!

how does a round tummy look like n a sharp tummy look like...? very curious lei, wan to guess my tummy too....
 
Sexxy,
haha... tell you something... my tummy is round when I bend forward... and sharp when I bend backward!?!?!?!? so how to guess??? Scan is the best lah... will have to wait lor!!
 
Dili_mummy &amp; Aprilpinky
Thanks for the info, have been feeling v tired these days, so I tot of tonify myself a bit with bird's nest!
 
Hi ladies,
MIA for a long time. I do read the thread just never contributed. Seems like there is a meeting tonight going on. Do have fun and report back what you all talked about yah?

Clee,
Conincidentally, I received my package from the U.S. yesterday which among other goodies, had my Belly Belt. I'm wearing it today and its been SOOo comfy so far
happy.gif
Isn't it a great "invention"?
 
Thanks dili..

Really sorry abt it..

Wow! seems like most of us here down wif flu.. hmm..

i also can't wait to c my bb.. but still got 2 weeks more.. haiz.. eat durian will really make bb bigger meh? my hubby dun let me eat a lot of durian, coz he got a colleague who's wife ate so much durian during her pregnancy that when her child is born, the child has skin problems.. so he's afraid our child will get it too.. haiz..
 
Celtricia,
Oh, I didn't know durians will lead to skin problems...thought it will just lead to a heavier child.

Take care u all, those who have flu.
 
Celtricia,

Anything eat too much also no good. I think the problem with durian is also that it's v sweet and v heaty so need to drink lots of water to prevent sore throat. For me, I only eat when I have the craving. If you all want bb to grow bigger, try anmum safer and healthier. Heard that Anmum v fattening for the bb. But be careful cuz if bb too big may have to go for c-section.
 
furryfurry.. i also din noe durian will lead to skin problems.. besides.. our gynae also din mention wat... heh.. but anyway.. my mum say everything also can eat but moderate lor.. so hubby also no choice.. hahah.. but i will make sure i drink more water when i eat durian.. better if drink honey..

Aprilpinky.. ya.. dat's wat my mum says too.. hee.. i'm drinking anmum, but lucky nt daily.. hope dat bb dun grow too big.. dun wan to go for c-section.. hee..
 
Celtricia,
I take honey with lemon too, just to clear out toxins and stuff when I do remember.

Manuka,
Belly belt is this tube-like contraption that extends the life of our pre preggie clothes. Can be used pre and post preggie. So u can just pull it over the skirts and pants (unzipped) and it just goes over. Kinda serves the same function as bra extenders. I like that now I have more choices in clothing
happy.gif


291454.jpg
 
furry, sounds very helpful... is it very tight?
happy.gif
i think it can also help support the tummy... sometimes i feel my tummy very heavy, esp at night, try to turn from left to right also very difficult..
by the way, how much is a belly belt?
 
Manuka,
I don't feel that its very tight. It comes in 2 sizes, I bought the larger size which means there are fewer choices in color.

I got mine for US29.95 from www.babycenter.com, but you can check the website that Clee posted above or maybe goggle to see if any other online shops sell them? I believe there is someone in Aussie who custom makes them on either ebay or yahoo auctions as well ;)

Yah, I know what you mean. My tummy suddenly expanded over the last 3-4 days and I've been having problems flipping in bed as well.
 
Ah Fat,
Up till late last night, Kelly was the only one who said she can come, but she has team dinner at the last minute. So I cancelled the gathering thinking there's no takers. I've made other plans this evening liao. Sorry!!
Luckily you gave me your mobile number! Apologise again!

Next time I'll try my best to organise a SUCCESSFUL gathering!! haha...
 
Sexxy, Too bad i dun eat durians. Dun like the strong smell. Maybe i'll try to drink more milk instead. I also try to eat an egg a day too.

I tot eating bird's nest is for bb's skin?? So far only took bird's nest twice only. Cos a friend told me too much of bird's nest might cause bb to have asthma in future. Since both my hb n i got history of childhood asthma, i have to be more cautious. My SIL's gynae also against preggie from eating any kinds of nuts too. N my colleagues told me not to drink too much coke also. She said her bb got lots of phelgm.
 
nik, same here. i also dun like durians. I read from some books not to take too much peanuts. The rest of the nuts not too sure
happy.gif
I heard also dun drink too much coke, think becos of this 'acidic' effect - u know sometimes people pour coke into toilet bowl to clean toilet stains... that sort of effect lor
happy.gif
 
Peanuts:
If there is no one in the family with peanut allergy, there is no real reason why you should avoid peanuts. But of cos you should take them in moderation if you do. The incidence of peanut allergy is stronger in the caucasian population than in Asians

Coke:
It's something we shouldn't be drinking alot of in the first place due to the high sugars and caffeine
 
nik, mayb u can try drink lot of soya bean drink... :)

how much weight have u gals put on liao har? me very scared of weighing now manz... eat normally n tummy keep getting bigger n weight increase to more than 5kg, i think..
 
Hey dili - yes yes.. that's the word they use - peanut allergy.
happy.gif
what will happen to people with peanut allergy har? is it eat peanut will get rashes?
happy.gif
sigh, nowadays i crave for sweet stuff...trying very hard to curb the craving thou...
tomorrow i going for detail scan, hopefully can see boy or girl.
happy.gif
 
Hi Furry,

Belly belt is a WONDERFUL invention, isn't it! I am using it almost daily now. But mine looks different from yours. It's more like a belt which comes in different lengths (to use as the pregnancy progresses) to hold the fasteners of regular pants together. I have also got the tube to cover up the unzipped pants like yours but I don't need use the tube as long as I wear a longer top.

I am curious though about how your tube belly belt work. Can it hold up the pants when it is unzipped? The one I am having is from Australia -maybe it is another version. But it works great for me!
happy.gif
The aussie website which I posted previously (www.fertilemind.com.au) is having a special offer at AUD$50 for the belt and the tube set. The belt costs AUD$32.50. However, for overseas orders, they will deduct the GST which might be cheaper. Oh and they come in 2 versions - button or slide. My friend got me the button up one. Fortunately, most of my pants are button so this came in handy . Do check the website to learn more if you are interested. They have a section which tells you how to wear it.

291591.jpg
 
Hi all
happy.gif


Clee, Yes, mine holds pants unzipped. I believe there are 2 online shops that sell yours in SG too. I tried goggling it before and nearly bought this one.

Sexxy, my last weigh in at 17 weeks was a surprising 800 grams net gain. My weight keeps fluctuating up and down, first time it went down at week 8, my midwife gave me a good talking to. I was very surprised though cos looking at how I'm developing, I was expecting more like 5 kg gain. My tummy is so big! I guess as long as the doc says ok or no comments, then its fine la. I'm fat to start off with anyway :p

Dili, we paid up to deliver in SH, so praying that everything goes well.

Ok ladies, hope u all have a nice work day...
 
hi clee.. i went to the website you gave.. but they ask us choose the size.. any idea hw to decide on the size? coz i afraid if i choose small den tummy grow big den can't fit.. heh..
 
Hi Celtricia,

I received mine as a present from my overseas friend. But in the package, the belly belt was packed separately from the tube.

The belt itself comes in a box but has no sizing indicated so it may be the standard size. There are 3 black belts provided in different lengths and buttons to use as your tummy grows bigger. The belt is also packed with 3 pieces fabric panels in black, blue and white to cover the gap.

I was looking at the website again and I think the sizing only applies to the belly tube only if you wish to purchase that together with the belt. If you look at their last para, they said to choose the colour and size for the belly tube. They also gave guidelines to choosing the sizes. Mine is XS because I am quite petite. Material is cotton looks like it may be able to stretch as I grow bigger which I am! I am already using the second longest belt!
happy.gif
Hope this helps
 
Hi ladies,

Anyone looking for bra extensions?? I managed to get it from Spotlight at only $2.90 each. Cheap!!! Go take a look if you are in need.
 

Manuka, huh, coke into toilet bowl. I heard it for the 1st time.

Sexxy, earlier tis week, i gained 1 kg so far. Soya milk, will try tat cos it's one of my fav too.
 

Back
Top