(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Looks like we have a few takers!
Let's vote!

Dates anyone? I start first... basically I'm quite free one! Prefer weekday dinners or weekend lunch though. But I know some of you like Celtricia needs to work weekends, so let's vote lah!

Let's fix it for next week lah... mai tu liao! Girls, list down which days you're free to meet up next week... and we'll decide from there.

also, is $30 for budget too much? Please let me know...
 


MOrning ladies..

seems like most of us can't wear our usual clothes liao.. heh..

like Aprilpinky, i'm also required to wear jacket.. coz its part of the uniform.. but nw i also can't button up n moreover, d skirt whh used to b extremely loose for me is sooo tight for me nw dat i can't even clip it n got to wait for my mum to alter my uniform maternity dress den i can change to dat. heh..

i'm also on for the gathering.. won't get tired easily but quite auto to feel slpy once d clock strikes 930pm.. hahaha..
 
13th June - 19th June... Shall we fix a date?

My personal preference is 17th June, Friday for dinner.

We don't stay out too late lah, since all of us need rest... we can have dinner until 9pm lor!
 
Jackie,
No worries, we'll get the general consensus first... don't count you out first lah!

17th June - Dili, Venus
13-16, 18th June - Jackie

Girls, add on to the list? abit hard to keep track on my own... just copy and paste the list

Venue: Yeah somewhere central lah. No carvings leh, anyone with suggestions?
 
Suntec City quite a good place to find Makan... got Joaquim if you all like steamboat buffets, got Sakae Sushi and Ichiban Boshi, Kenny Rogers, Thai, Crystal Jade, Fish & Co., PastaMania, Sizzler and Chinese. Any budget also can!
 
17th June - Dili, Venus
13-16, 18th June - Jackie
13-15 - Celtricia

I can only make it on tis days coz hubby is away n out of town.. heh.. d rest i can't.. sorry gals..
 
Hi ladies,

guess you all got to leave me out for this outing. Hubby going to be outstation for 2 full weeks till 24 June and only back during wkends so you ladies go ahead unless it's going to be Sunday lunch or high tea or else I cant. Will join all for the next one.
 
Dear Ladies,
I've been out nof action for a few weeks (since weekend of vesak)not sure if you remember me. Started bleeding on the Sat before Vesak and still non-stop so was in hospital all the while till tis Mon then got doc to discharge me as it's more of spotting now. Medical fee is one thing the anxiety is unbearable. I'm now 16wk but was even thinner than before preggie.
So envious of you gals talking about preparing for baby's arrival, we're probably not going to buy anything untill baby is born cos with my condition I probably have to be on bed throughout pregnancy as placenta position too low so blood vessels burst easily when I sit walk or stand...
No shopping, but looking on the brighter side, baby is growing fine.

Jus a check do you gals start having discharge from your nipple at this early stageb of your pregnancy? I do...

Between, Dili_Mummy, my EDD is 15/11/2005.
 
Hi Coral

Its great to hear that both u and bb are all right. I guess u will have to rest well and can't go to work till bb is born....

know the gender yet?
 
Aprilpinky.. ur hubby outstation den y u still can't go out? for me hubby not in sg den i can go out.. coz no nid to accompany him mah.. heh..

Hi Coral,
Sorry to hear abt ur bleeding.. in tis case its better for u to stay home n rest more.. but its a blessing dat ur baby is doing well despite d bleeding..
wink.gif
do take care of urself.. if u r bored.. juz log on to chat lor.. if u haf msn messenger all d better.. we can chat there wif u, coz me, venus n some other ladies here do chat occasionally in the messenger..
happy.gif
if u haf, den give us ur email add..

Cheers!
 
Hi Jeddie,

Nope, but tonite will be scanning babay not sure if we can see cos bb always curl up the legs, prob a gal, too shy to show. But do pple know bb's gender at such early stage? Actually dare not ask doc cos we're usually more concenr at observing the bleeding pattern when we do the scans... but yes, am anxious to know gender cos nicer to call him/her by name than just bb.

You know yours already? Looking at your name I guess we're born in the same year...
 
Coral...we're both dragons then!

I hope to know next week when i go for my appt. You're also in GlenE? Can I ask whch gynae?
 
Aprilpinky,
Celtricia's right! My HB's overseas almost all the time... so I get to go wherever I want! Join us lah!!!

Coral,
I understand what you have gone thru cos I had bleeding and blood clots while I was on a tour in Japan! Yours seem like a more serious case, but thank god both you and bb are doing well. Please rest rest and rest. I'll update your EDD.

17th June - Dili, Venus
13-16, 18th June - Jackie
13-15 - Celtricia

Shall we fix it tentatively on 14th June, Tuesday? (Monday got Monday blues, Wednesday got mid-week blues... DUH!)
 
Gee, so envy of you talking about gathering and all and me just face the walls and some boring programs daily, hopefully bb wont turn out a boring nerd who reads and not socialise.
Will try to log on here when I can, but when in hospital it's troublesome, they don't hv wireless so gotta setup dialup.
 
Coral,
Our fighting spirit is with you and bb... Jia You!! Stay at home is better than me slogging it out here!! Just stay cheerful, everything will be ok.
 
Hello ladies,

appreciate the invitation but hubby not in already v sad alone at home so cant stay too late or else no one fetch me also.
sad.gif
Next time lah.
happy.gif


Coral, must rest well, heard of ppl having low placenta also. Got to take care!
 
Hello ladies, long time didn't log in, cos i'm very busy tis whole week.

Dili, i'll try to make it for the gathering next week, i still not sure which day i'm free. Cos all my parents n in-law went holidays. I got to take care of their hse n dogs. At the very last min, my sis also got to leave for china to work for 3 months. Got to settle alot of things for her too.
I, myself, put on only 1kg so far. Tummy still small. Last week, my school's anniversary dinner, only 1 of my classmate realise tat i'm preggie, moreover, tis classmate is a HE.
Now, i'm wearing my old empire-line dress. Those dresses i bought a many years back, can help me to pass through tis 'tummy not big not small' period.
 
So we're going out on a group blind date
happy.gif

Mon to Fri evenings I'll usually dine with hubby, else he eats alone. Come Sat, he works for his parents & I'm a free spirit, can roam anywhere I like! So best for me is Sat, if not Fri. Anyway you gals just go ahead without me on a date that majority can make it.
Dili, tough job being a coordinator...

Coral, take care!
 
I'm going siao liao. Tough job indeed... girls, just add your name to the dates below:

13th Mon: Cel, Venus, Jackie
14th Tue: Cel, Jackie
15th Wed: Cel, Venus, Jackie
16th Thur: Venus, Jackie
17th Fri: Joyful, Venus
18th Sat: Joyful, Venus, Jackie
19th Sun:

Joyful, ask hubby along lah!! whahahaha... hey my hubby wouldn't mind if he happen to be in Sg! Maybe he more bitchy!!
 
13th Mon: Cel, Venus, Jackie
14th Tue: Cel, Jackie
15th Wed: Cel, Venus, Jackie
16th Thur: Venus, Jackie
17th Fri: Joyful, Venus
18th Sat: Joyful, Jackie
19th Sun:
 
13th Mon: Cel, Venus, Jackie
14th Tue: Cel, Jackie
15th Wed: Cel, Venus, Jackie, Kelly
16th Thur: Venus, Jackie
17th Fri: Joyful, Venus
18th Sat: Joyful, Jackie
19th Sun:

Manuka, it's a shame but thanks for replying! There's always another chance ;)

Looks like Wednesday has most takers. We'll keep this open for the next few days then decide lah!
 
<font color="0000ff">as @ 9-Jun-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tidy Fairy</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunflower_26</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Numee</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>June</TD><TD>10/11/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyMum</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>15/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FurryFurry</TD><TD>17/11/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jac</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyfulhands</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>14/12/05</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>18/12/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

legend
<font color="0000ff">ESH - Eastshore Hospital, MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif
 
hello everyone..

been a long time since i last posted anything..been caught up with some travelling..but i have been keeping up with the forum
happy.gif
glad to know that everyone is doing well..

i am looking forward to the detailed scan on June 23 to find out whether baby is a boy / girl...more so that I can do some proper shopping. :p

back in singapore after June 20..so will not be able to join you all for the gathering..shld be interesting to see a whole bunch of preggies though. haha

take care!!
 
Oh yes..dili mummy,

As always, thanks for faithfully updating the table. I have decided to deliver in Singapore - TMC.

Also - baby is kicking quite often these days. How about for the rest of you??
 
Chin,

No leh. Perhaps you are 2 weeks advance of me and that's why. So far no movement could be felt. Earlier on, I just feel strain when I turn my body on the bed. Maybe cuz baby needs to swim from top to below when i turned. haha. Other than that no kicking could be felt. Guess too early.

Hey ladies, have a good outing and rem to take pics and post them here for us to see!!!
 
Dili,
my hubby will feel out of place in a group of all ladies with him being the only guy. Shy lah. You all go ahead &amp; enjoy yourselves!
 
Chin!!
I thought we lost you... glad to know you're doing well! Isn't it exciting to feel baby?

I've been getting some "gas bubble" feeling on/off for more than a week. But haven't felt anything solid yet. Eagerly waiting!

Tummy seems to be growing rapidly over the past few days. I'm beginning to look awfully fat in my usual clothes. Feel like screaming... "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!" like the T-shirt one of you bought!

Have a good weekend mummys!
 
Hi mums to be
Thanks for welcoming me to your forum. Looks like no one really knows Dr Kenneth Wong fm KKH.

Going for my 16th wk checkup and scan next week. Hopefully can know my baby's gender. Anyone gone for the blood tests and other tests yet? I have thalessemia minor but luckily my hb doesn't so hopefully everything will work out fine.

I also have not really put on weight but my tum seems to be expanding a little more the last few days. My skirts are tighter and after lunch, I've got to adjust so that the skirt zipper doesn't sink into my flesh.

Not sure if I'm dreaming but sometimes when I put my palms on my lower abdomen, I seem to feel a little fluttering of heartbeats. Still get some form of vomitting till now... doc says some form of nausea is a gd sign of the preg.

Can't really say much when I was retching my guts out. Can't wait to hold my bb... anyone have any idea how to guess the gender of the baby?
 
April,

Gynae saw someth white in between the legs of my baby and guess it's a boy at 16th week but too early to be 100% sure. But mum guesses my bb to be boy as well as my tummy is really sharp. My tummy is really growing straight in front. Not much fats on the 2 sides so it's really like quite "sharp" but dunno how true also. Scaly 2 weeks later go for detailed scan then become gal. hehe. Then I can go and buy more baby clothings like dresses. haha
happy.gif



Bought Gerber baby wash today. Quite ex but not sure what other brands of baby wash r good. Bought one other brand during the motherhood fair and each bottle costs only $5 ++ but after that decided to use myself cuz scared later no good cuz the brand not v well-known leh. Any1 has any good recommendations?

Also bought the nappy liners and wet wipes from tollyjoy..
 
Hallo all!

Had my detailed scan yesterday and we are confirm having a baby girl! All's well with baby too. She's a tiny little thing at 280gms at 19 wks. So happy! Now can go shoppping for all those lovely baby stuff
happy.gif


I see that quite a few ladies are expecting boys so hope more will be having girls to balance the nos.
happy.gif
Have also decided that we will deliver at Mt Alvernia Hospital.

Btw, do you ladies have any good recommendations for confinement caterers? My mom will be helping me out during that one month but I want to lighten her load on marketing and cooking so thinking to check out the caterers. If you have any good recommendations or any feedback, would be very grateful. Thanks so much!
 
Congrats Clee!

Got one pamphlet from the Motherhood Fair that time from New Baby Pte Ltd. They offered 4 weeks' confinement food at $1,300/$1,000 (lunch + dinner). So ex! Keeping the pamphlet with the menu for mum to do marketing and save her the time of thinking what to cook for me! hahaha. Clee, if you are interested, can go to their website see see: www.newbaby.com.sg
 
Thanks Aprilpinky! Will check them out.
Congrats on your baby boy too!
Since you mentioned about tummy shape, interestingly mine is round. Wonder if there is any connection with baby's gender. But guess the best way to confirm is still with detailed scan.

Saw some cute new-bon baby clothes at John Little that day where they are selling 3 for $8. Such a bargain. Hope I am not too late to grab some for my little girl
happy.gif
 
Hi Aprilpinky
U must be looking forward to confirming the gender of yr bb.. just as I am.. always guessing. I went to Isetan parkway yest and saw a whole array of baby products and the many brands of pacifiers and milk bottles keeps me busy.

Wanted to get my hands on some of the items but my mum thinks it's better to get them nearer to delivery. Will u be going for nat or c-section? Think of going for nat plus epidural cos my threshold of pain not very high... afraid later I might black out in the midst of the pushing..=)
 
clee,

Robinson got some v cute dresses with 30% disc also. Only some fisher price romper at 20% off and no others suitable for boy boy. But guess I have bought enuff clothing to last my bb for half a yr.

April, I sort of accepted that my bb is boy already. Got a chinese name for him already. Nearer to delivery? That's what they always say but guess 2nd trimester is the best time to buy the baby stuff cuz more mobile and less nauseous. I saw some threads of MTBs in Aug/Sept, some already got legs swollen and hence gynae asked them not to walk or shop too much! So we better buy first while we can and while GSS is here.
happy.gif


I'm definitely trying for natural first with epidural after 1 or 2 hrs max. C-section v difficult to heal and got more risk.Natural birth 2nd day can walk here walk there already
happy.gif
but this is just best scenario of all if all end well. If really cannot go for natural birth due to some complications will just accept what gynae recommends during that time.
 
Hi Dili...

Been so bz with my boy's 1st Bdae, swimming n gym activities..finally got time to come in..lol.

Eh since you are birthing at SGH..in case you have questions...we're at http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/290300.html?1118625602

Hi ALL!!!

I'm also waiting to find out if this NO.2 is a boy/gal..like some of you..also on the 23rd!! coincidence!!

The MS is gone so I've been making up for lost time and eating almost everything!! 2nd trimester is the best!! The third..I hope the Ms does not return for me like when I had my 1st!!! (fingers crossed)
 
Hello and good morning...

Anyone knows how much weight we should be putting on around now - second trimester? I know it should differ from person to person..but what is the average - I forgot to ask my gynae the last round.

The confinement food price looks expensive..considering that u can hire a full time confinement lady (who cooks as well) for about S$1800..

Have a great day!

chin
 
Dear Nov Mums-to-be
Hi! I'm from Dec thread, just wondering if anyone is preparing bird nests at home? Is it better to use slow-cooker or over the stove, and any recipes to share? Thanks...
 
Hi, how does the bb's movements in the tummy feel huh? sometimes hubby will rest his head against my tummy but i tell him probably too early to feel anything...

i've put on abt 2kg from the last visit to the gynae abt 2 wks ago...actually i hope to put on only abt 10kg in total...got frens who put on 20kg and still look kinda 'bloated' even though her child 1 yrs old alrdy...
Dili_Mummy, I also share the sentiments that i want to tell people i'm pregnant, not fat...hahaa...

i also hav this 'strain' feeling when tossing around in bed...not sure if it's because the uterus is expanding more now? can feel quite uncomfortable...

anyone knows if we will start to secrete some milk even before bb is born? scare suddenly find wet patches then will be so embarrassing...
 
Moonbell,

My MIL usu will use slow cooker but dont overcook or else the bird nest all dissolve.

Chin,

I agreed that the confinement food v ex. Oh but dont forget the $1,800 excludes the cost price of the food wat. You still have to pay for the food she cooks.
 
hi clee,
Congrats for having a girl
happy.gif
It's very delightful to look at &amp; of course, buy little girl's clothes. Happy shopping!

Here's a list of confinement food delivery services -> http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/confinement.html

Am thinking of using these services too, as no one at home knows how to cook confinement food, and it'll help to ease the load of the person who'll be looking after bb &amp; me. Can't decide where to stay during confinement period yet...

Oh yes, the variety in catering is quite gd too.
 
Went to Suntec on yesterday and managed to get 2 sets of newborn PJs at only $8!!! Kids mall was having this offer that's selling it only at $2 per piece but minimum 4 pcs. So got 2 tops &amp; 2 bottoms to get 2 sets. Not branded stuff but suitable for the initial weeks where it will get outgrown in probably 3-4 weeks. So no point getting too expensive ones. Not much choice though, only 2 designs but one of the design was in pink, so ended up geting 2 sets in the same neutral colour.

Saw rompers selling at Carrefour for only $3.90, design quite simple and definitely value for money. But held myself back because wanted to know the sex first before buying more!!
 

Hi all,
Wednesday dinner still on right???

So far, we have
- Celtricia
- Venus
- Jackie
- Kelly
- Dili
Can all of you PM me? so I can give you my mobile number. Anyone else interested, please come forward leh!

DATE: 15th June 2005, Wednesday
VENUE: Suntec City, Restaurant?? Suggestions, anyone with cravings??
happy.gif

TIME: Is 7pm ok?
 

Back
Top