(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. And my baby isw due mid Nov. Saw the list of topics you gals discussed and learnt alot. I'm glad to be able to join you here, cos I'm having a rather diff pregnancy, was hospitalised and then confined in bed for 6weeks. Now all stabalised and I'll be 14wk soon. Heard that the NT scan must be done before 14 wk but both my gyne in GEH and KKH arranged for me to do it only in the 16 week. Must think I'm kiasu to see 2 gyne, but actually I had wanted to go KKH but dunno any gyne there and when I stared bleeding heavily during my 6th wk was rushed to GEH to see gyne recommended by friend, spent a bomb there.Still thinking of transferring to KKH since my hubby civil servant should get some rebate, but heard too many bad stories about KKH so still not sure if I should drop my GEH Gyne...Confused. Anyone with advise on KKH? I'm a first time Mum and (first for both my and hubby family) so really clueless about what to do hope to learn more from you gals.Pardon me being so longwinded, but did not have a chance to chat with anyone on this topic before and did not talk about it earlie cos was not even sure if baby would stay...

Cheers
 


Nik, don't worry, you may not put on weight, but bb wil still grow, I lost 2kg initially but bb jus kept growing. I don hv 10wk measurement, but at 9 wk bb was 30.7mm. Hope this help.
Actually i also dunno how much I shoould eat I lost interest in food once I'm pregnant. But npressure fm all made me hold my breath and swallow all the food they feed me. Now I'm 1kg above my usual weight. Tummy start to show alittle so hubby really excited. Today down with diarrhoea cos I started drinking milk for MTB but in the end lactose intolerant...so no milk for me.
 
nik, i also see abit of tummy only most of it are fat n bloatness... n i am short so now look plum manz.... :-(
i eat when i am hungry cos no appetite n alway feel alot of gas, now i see food so sick..... only food that i feel like eating are roasted meat rice(char siew, roasted pork or duck) slice fish soup n chicken rice. think bb start to choose food, somemore meaty food... me going to be fatty bom bom liao!
 
heya nik..

i eat regular meals, but sometime i do snack.. but my snacking is usually cereals or juz a hot beverage or milk.. i will only snack when i'm hungry.. dun worry about hw much u should eat.. juz eat like wat u normally do when u r nt preggie.. dat's wat my gynae told me.. dun eat for 2 person juz becoz u r pregnant.. eat enuff for urself, whh means regular meal lor.. weight wise.. i'm only 42.8kg when i went for my 1st gynae checkup yesterday.. guess a bit underweight.. heh.. so dun worry k?

hi coral! welcome to our thread.. guess ur EDD will almost b d same as mine as i'm in my 13.3weeks nw.. guess if u wan to use the benefits provided by ur hubby's wrkplace den u've got to go KKH lor.. i wanted to also actually, but heard lots of comments abt them, so in d end decided to go TMC.. as its our first bb, dat's y feel dat spend a bit more on first born not so bad.. later if haf children again den take KKH lor.. dat's my opinion.. hope it helps..
 
Coral, welcome here.

Guess i'm really going to eat more liao.

Sexxy, i think i dun really take note of wat i'm eating. Eat already than realise i shouldn't be eating tis n tat.

Celtricia, i think i'll try to snack more liao.
 
I will try my best to eat regularly, even tho' sometimes I don't feel hungry, but I remember that my little one inside me needs food to grow, so I will try to munch something. There's also no change in my weight so far. Probably ok as weight gain in 1st trimester is on the mummy, not bb.

nik, u may want to take a look at the fetus size chart at the URL below. I think it's estimated length, so don't take it too seriously & panic if urs is not the same.
http://www.babycenter.com/general/fetaldevelopment/pregnancy/1290794.html

welcome coral, yeah I think with your hubby's civil servant pass can get rebates @KKH. Hope u r ok now.
 
As an ex-civil servant, you don't really get any rebates if your husband's under the MSO scheme. This is because you'll still co-pay 40% (spouse) up to $350. Anything above that, you'll have to bear the difference.

The treatment may be subsidised because it's a govt hospital ... not because you're a civil servant ... unless you're under the CCS or CPW schemes .... then you'll just co-pay 40% for spouse ...

In my opinion, there's no difference between govt and private hospitals ... except when hospitalisation ... then there may be some subsidy ...

Hope it clears the mist ....
 
Barracuda, my hubby's under CCS so does it mean 60% of the fee will be paid for if I go KKH?
Hubby share same sentiments as Celtricia, tot maybe we should just stick with GEH since it's our 1st bb. But I'm thinking we already spend about 20k or more and I'm worry about more expenditure so I'm thinking of going to KKH...
 
You need to see whether it falls under the non claimable portion of the scheme.... there are some exclusions which cannot be claimed ...

Your hubby should refer to the Govt IM for more details ... Don't have the IM on hand now cuz left civil service ...

If i'm not wrong, you only need to co-pay 40% for all outpatient treatment ... You need to confirm to be doubly sure
happy.gif
 
celtricia,
My next appt is 28 May. Hopefully we will get to meet up during one of the Sat's appt (cant take leave/time-off during wkday for such chkup
sad.gif
)

Nik,
I have been eating packets of wheat biscuits in my initial weeks to curb both hunger and nausea. Sometimes I ate instant cereal or kellogs cornflakes or fruity wheat bars as well.

That's cuz lunch cant finish the meal then at 3 plus will be hungry so really need to eat some snacks. Strangely enuff, no/minimal weight gain for me so far. I even lose weight in 7th or 8th week but gynae said quite normal but 2nd trimester must put on.

sexxy.
Your fav food is mine now too but recently I have been craving for fish head curry...can only finish rice with the curry gravy. hahha...hubby getting sick of fish head curry every weekend!
 
hi coral

welcome to the thread.. which gynae u c now at GEH??

aiyo sexxy..if u r fatty bom bom..den wat abt me lei?? pui pig huh :p

going to hit 60kg soon *sigh*
 
I too am not into snacking much. In fact, felt quite awful in my first trimester. Bloated all the time and occassional ms. My gynae said just eat whatever u can hold down, even coke if it helps food to go down (isn't she cool???
happy.gif
)

Nik, not to worry, things will turn better in 2nd tri. I am feeling almost normal now. Just get hungry more often. I am very skinny, very hard to put on weight but keep reminding myself that baby is getting nutrition from me so got to eat more. And yeah, like Aprilpinky and sexy, I too have craving for fish head curry. In fact, the spicier the food, the better
happy.gif


Having my next scan next week. Pretty excited to see how big baby has grown. The last time was at 12 weeks and it was amazing to see the little fella swimming around in the water bag with all its tiny feet and hand. Hope will be able to see baby's gender soon. Are there any of you who do not want to find out the baby's sex? I don't know how some people can decide not to know and stand the suspense. I know I can't
happy.gif
 
Aprilpinky & clee,
can 1st i craved for super spicy food when i was 4th week but til 7th week i stopped all that n not even a bit til now... :-(
now bb so choosy, only eat a few things..
 
hi clee

ur gynae is great..

talking abt craving, i crave for chili crab lei ..but found my subsitute liao ..

i wan to knoe the sex..if ger ger, start buying pretty stuff like hair bands,hair clips for her liao..if boi boi, buy him caps..
 
Yah, maybe i should not worrying. Juz can't wait for next week's checkup.

Last nite, my hb purposely ordered the large potion of wantan mee for me. As i always said, he thinks tat i ate too little, in the end, i got to struggle to finish the noodles. Haiz....

Last nite i also gave up on those prenatal milk, though i still got half a can left, i start on Anlene instead. It taste much better than Anmum. I start to get backaches also, becos i already had backaches problem during my working days. So, i think i better start early.
 
Hi All, I think I'm getting weired. I was so nauseous at first and then got slightly better last week but this week as I move into my 14 week I get extremely b\nauseous again and keep running to toilet in the office. I guess boss gonna fire me soon.
Thanks Barracuda. After much consideration I think I'll stick to GEH, the service there mcuh better than KKH.
Venus, I'm seeing Prof Christopher Chen at GEH.A soft spoken and very steady-looking Gyne. So I somehow feel more assured with him around.
Yap, give up milk too. Will eat more ice-cream to compensate.
 
Actually how often you gals have a scan of you baby? I use to see scan of baby either daily or at least weekly and now I can see bb's scan for two weeks I statr to wonder how bb is and feel uneasy. I can't wait to know gender of bb. Lots of cute clothings are vy gender specific...
 
Coral,

Better dont eat cold stuff. bad for the womb...I have been avoiding cold stuffs since pregnant.

I'm craving for fish head curry again..the spicy, sour taste...haha. And yes, the craving comes and goes v fast.
 
Coral
Think usually gynae visits are monthly so scans are also monthly. Maybe your pregnancy has already stablised so dun need to scan so often. It's only til the last month that I had to see gynae weekly to see progress of bb.
 
Actually I envy you gals with craving. I hate the sight of food now.
Ya, I think I have to learn to relax now that things have stabilise.
 
morning ladies..

nik.. i feel tat u shouldn't force urself to finish up ur food if ur stomach can't take in anymore lor.. its no gd for ur body leh.. for me, if i can't finish, my hubby won't force me, but would juz ask me to try to finish up, but if i really can't finish, he will juz let me b.. hee.. so i tink u better make ur stand to ur hubby, though i understand he is concern abt hw much u eat.. but sometimes we juz can't help it lor..
happy.gif
u having backaches ah.. u got eat folic acid right? my fren recommended a pregnancy support belt dat is used to reduce the backache, it can b bought frm KKH or Tampines Mall, the shop name is OIO.. n it cost ard $65, so mayb u can go check it out..

Aprilpinky, i tink quite difficult to mit up on saturdays.. coz i wrking on saturdays too.. n up till 2pm.. so normally my appts will b on tues as its my hubby's off day.. coz like u i can't take time-off during wkday/weekend or even half-day leave for such chkup..

toking abt curry fish head.. hmmm.. i was at the coffee shop yesterday n after my meal i walked pass a table dat's eating it, so nice smell, make me drool leh.. but i juz had my dinner so can't have it liao.. so nw tink i'm craving for it too... heehee.. toking abt it make me so hungry.. haiz..
 
Celtricia, i taking obmin now. The folic acid content very low. Only 1mg. Do u think i should eat extra folic acid tablets???

Mmmn...curry, dun really like fish head, but i've been craving for curry potatoes(those in curry chicken). Drooling liao...

Coral, yah, dun eat too much ice-cream. Not much calcium n too much sugar. Not good for us.
 
Ok, shall stay away from all he cold and unhealthy food. Today very bad, after every conversation I rush to toilet to throw up. Now can only reply to colleagues via emails or written notes.When willI be the "ultimate eating machine" that I was prior to pregnancy??? Sigh.
 
nik.. tink u should tell ur gynae abt it.. mayb he/she will ask u to take more dosage.. but i tink eating extra folic acid has no harm bah.. but better b safe den sorry.. so check wif ur gynae n tell him abt ur backache.. or mayb u can go buy the support belt..

coral.. u into 14 weeks liao n start to feel nauseous again ah.. so poor thing.. ask ur gynae for some advice lor.. sorry can't help much.. hope dat by eating some sour stuff can help u tone down d vomitting..
 
Actually no one can help when it comes to pregnancy...Gynea jus say it's alwways a good sign to be nauseous...so just gotta endure. Everyone out for lunch but I can't go, the smell of food will send me to toilet again. 6 more months!Endure endure.
 
Coral,

Try wheat crackers or holicks sweets. It worked for me for a while. The crackers help to "dry" up the mouth or whatever so that you wont feel nauseous. A few books advise that and my colleagues told me the same thing as well.

Eat fruits also can. Sometimes I dont feel like eating ANYTHING. hehe but the smell of fruits (esp lemon but that's for smelling only lah not eating) make me want to take some fruits at least.
 
Ya, tried the cracker thingy for a while, and ended up eating craker the whole day till sore throat. Most MTBS would eat that in the morning before getting out of bed to curb the morning sickness, but mine actually gets worse as the acid build up through the day. Yes, fruits is one thing that I like now. I guess anything that don't leave an after taste is my fav food now.
 
Coral

Welcome...
kinda of like me I'm on hormone pills for a bit of spotting

...I like bland things at times too!! Like Sashimi Absolut mentioned or raw fish...I can't stand the smell of fish.

The best thing I seem to enjoy is freshly squeezed orange juice!! or teocheow porridge!!
 
Quite true, I'm eating so blend that people mistook me as being on diet as they still can't tell that I'm pregnant.
I guess my condition is so bad due to the hormone injections I used to have daily for the first 3 months. Now no more injections, but the lumps are here to stay for a while.
 
Coral, u r in ur 14 weeks already, ppl still can't tell u r preggie? No tummy huh. Actually, my tummy also kinda of small. I'm quite worried.
 
wow! seems like most of u are either taking hormone pills or d jab.. y is there a nid ah, besides d fact dat if u r spotting.. does it makes ur pregnancy even more worst? so sad for u ladies..

today is friday.. but still feeling moody as usual.. though i noe muz feel happy always so dat bb will be a happy one when born, but can't help it when at wrk.. haiz..

i also like teochew porridge tis days, whh in d past i dread to eat porridge.. hahaha..
 
The hormone pills/jabs has some side effects on some, like nauseous and headache. But fopr my case, I have a weak implantation so goota use that to help me keep bb and my progesterone level was dangerouls low -in doc's words. Ya, it was depressing at first, cos I was belleding heavily and even pass out big pieces of bloodclots, even tot hat was my bb. But now, the nightmare is over and bb growing fine.
Ya, hubby can't wait for my tummy to grow. Colleagues say I look thinner after my 6wks rest in hospital. But these two weeks I'm getting better, a small hump at tummy, hip 1" bigger lioa. I eat porridge or beehoon soup daily. So xian, eat to live and not live to eat.
 
hi hi

just recover from flu virus..was on mc last two days..

going to take the blood test tomo..a bit nervous lei...

Coral.. maybe u can take sour plums to curb the morning sickness.. just try to eat normal i think
 
Ya, always thought I vey strong, and medical check-ups always pass with good result but dunno why so jialat when it comes to pregnancy.
Hehe, bought lots of sour plums but didn't really help in the end my hubby ate most of them. Now that I'm less interested in food, hubby also lost weight. Hopefully this long weekend with up my spirit and I can go feast. Actually suddenly crave for steamboat, so must go satisfy this long waited craving.
 
wah! coral.. tink its really hard on u hor.. u take gd care n rest well leh.. i agree wif u.. tis days we eat to live rather den live to eat..heh.. but tis days for me, whenever hubby ask wat i feel like eating i'll feel nauseous, but yet, when he bought d food i still can enjoy it, only a small percentage of times i can't... so i also not sure wat is my appetite tis days.. haiz..

venus.. r u feeling much better today? flu is quite serious leh.. nowadays, if anyone is sick, i'll try to stay away frm dat person.. heh.. coz i also quite sensitive to flu.. once in contact wif someone wif d bug, i'll get it d nxt day liao.. u having ur blood test tml ah? wat's it for ah?
 
celtricia

i am ok liao..just sleep it off for two days at home..i dun dare to take the med doc give..

yup the triple blood test..i have to find the paper gynae give me
 
venus..

i tink i noe wat d test is for, u haf done ur NT scan areadi right? So i tink tis test is a double confirmation for the abnormality test.. if i'm not wrong.. kekeke..
 
Hello Ladies,

I was on hormone pills AND jabs for a while to stabilise the baby even though no spotting for me. Gynae was just being cautious since baby was quite small at first but that's actually due to >28 days cycle. The jabs and pills are really the culprits for the loss of appetite! I vomited yellowish gut juice? twice during that period and the after taste of the vomit is really too horrible to even remember.

My appetite improved tremenduously these few days. Yesterday had one bowl of lou mee and one bowl of dumpling soup. hahahaha
happy.gif
I think I put on at least 1 or 2 kg already so quite happy.

So ladies, dont be too upset over loss of appetite. Once you are off the nausea stage, you will be like me...you cant stop your huge appetite!

My tummy just shown a bit. Looks like normal person with a tummy. But noticed it has grown quite a bit in a week...looks like would be wearing maternality in 3-4 weeks' time when I'm more than 4 months.
 
celtricia,

Cheer up! Nowadays I also will suddenly feel depressed or moody for nothing then suddenly v positive for nothing again. hahhaa

Coral, must eat must eat. This hr cannot eat, try again next hr and again the next hr! I like fried rice with egg and chinese sausage also. hehe, u can try that sometimes. The sausage is v appetizing. Tonite having it again.
 
Aprilpinky..

ya.. tis days mood really funny.. even my mum can't tahan.. say i always speak to her so fiercely whh i din even notice.. hee.. anyway.. i also have tummy juz like when we normally eat too full during those non-pregnancy days.. but seems like its getting bigger tis days too.. gg to wear maternity dress soon liao, n hope my company maternity dress would come fast for me.. kekeke..
 
Today my friend send me his bb gal's pix, so pretty. Must wait for 6mths for our own. Can't wait to see bb in next scan. Guess this is what keeps me going.
My mood swing much better now. Earlier stage I'm very emotional, tear vy easily. Now stabilised.
 
I also have mood swing, tat day went shopping wif hb. We can't decide on something whether wan to buy or not. End up, i'm so tired, angry, fed up standing ard waiting for his decision. I walked away tell him not to talk to me. When he tried to talk to me, i start to raise my voice. We had a very silent trip home after tat. Hope all tis will be over soon.
 
oh nik.. so jialat ah.. hmmm.. den after cool off u got tok to him? explain to him n tell him abt ur mood swing lor.. so he'll noe...

feeling so slpy nw.. haiz.. n having diahorrea as well so drinking camomile tea..
 
Similar to some of u, I too had a jab & is still on hormone pills now. Because I had spotting for 2-3 weeks. And the u/s scan shows that the sac is not very well formed... rather bumpy... So really hope everything's alright next wk when I go for the blood test + NT scan. In my own silent voice, I often tell bb that I will do my best so that he/she will be born a healthy bb. Feel like I'm trying to psycho bb... kekeke
 
U know, I never knew that getting or being pregnant can be so difficult until now. Some of my friends try so hard to conceive and others unfortunately had miscarriages.

And then, now that we are pregnant, our taste buds go weird, have mood swings, have to cope with changing body and worry about everything and anything! Sigh. It sure ain't easy being a woman, and a pregnant one at that. Take good care of yourself, ladies.
 
Hi Gals,
Yes, it's a miracle and we're all blessed/. It's good to talk to bb and have a strong blief that things will work out. Hang in there.
 
for those on hormone pills/jabs,

dont worry so much and get as much rest as possible. I was on hormone pills for my first pregnancy and my boy was born a healthy 3.68kg baby.

the older folks say that if having a girl will have big tummy earlier but if having a boy will have big tummy later. dont know if it is true but my tummy only get really big in the last two months.
 
Rochelle,

I never hear of the saying abt bigger tummy for boys leh but now my tummy is getting bigger v fast. Who knows..might really be a gal gal! Actually just hope for a healthy baby. Knowing boy/gal is just to facilitate buying of pillow case, dresses etc etc..yah and if I know the exact sex of my baby, my hubby cant stop me fr buying more baby clothing anymore. Hiaks hiaks! now he kept on using the excuse of dunno boy or gal so dont buy and I have been buying only limited white/neutral colors clothings for the baby so far.
 


Rochelle,
Haven't heard about that saying too. Some said round tummy is expecting a girl & pointed tummy a boy. True for some cases that I knew, eg my SIL & an ex-colleague who are expecting girls, their tummy is as round as a ball!
Btw, r u leaving for the U.S. soon? Have a safe journey!

Anyone here already knew the gender of your bb?
 

Back
Top