(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

<font color="0000ff">as @ 21-Apr-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>GEH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>(overseas) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tidy Fairy</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunflower_26</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Numee</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>GEH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>MEH </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyMum</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>FurryFurry</TD><TD>17/11/05</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>(overseas) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jac</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyfulhands</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>RH </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>


legend
<font color="0000ff">MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif
 


thanks dili-mummy, my EDD's revised to one day earlier, 3/12/05.

Went for a check-up and my baby measures 13mm and can see the heartbeat too! =)

How about you gals? How big is your baby?
 
<font color="aa00aa">Morraine,</font>
you so ke4 qi4... no need to thank me lah... one week thank me two times! you very cute leh!

<font color="aa00aa">Meixue,</font>
I'll change your EDD at the next update.
BB measure 13mm at Week 7? Mine measured 4mm at week 6! 13mm is the measurement of the sac issit? Aiyoh, I worry again!
 
Dili ~ bu yong jing lar... thank you no need $$ wan mah ~ haha..

dun panic dun panic!!! maybe she toking abt measurement of sac!
 
Hi dili-mummy, the baby doubles or more than doubles every week. 13mm is the CRL of my baby at 7 weeks 5 days. I think yours is doing fine!
 
hihi all..

wow i thk really MANY mtb in nov leh..
happy.gif

I am going to see doc next week, will try to find out if there are packages or something.. so far been like paying ad hoc for all the times i see doc..

and looking forward to seing baby on ultrscan.. so cute...!! it keeps me high for days after that, really really good mood..
happy.gif


I was thking of natural birth.. but scared of pain even epidural cuz i totally no pain tolerant.. some juicy stuff: i was told that c section is better for sex life though, if couples deem sex life impt. i ve heard of ppl opting for c section cuz of that hahaha... just a tot to share.. know its prob a flimsy reason but been reading some thread that couple time after baby does not seem easy.. but will worry abt that later maybe?

i am growing out of dresses and everything, which is sad as i ve to attend a wedding soon.. nothing to wear and i hate to look shappy.. heehee.. but thinking of the food makes me go YUM!!

Do u thk we shld buy bigger size bras? i scare buy aldy then later grow even bigger then dunno how..

TGIF!! Have a good weekend.. what do ur do on weekends now huh? shop for bb things?
 
morraine,

I could see my boy's gender at 15wk last yr. hope ur baby co-operate during the scan. must talk to your baby to persuade yr baby to co-operate.

epidural,

you get back pain for a few days with epidural but better to keep that option open in case u need it. I only decide on epidural during labour becos my boy was too high so need to induce alittle which means the contraction would be more painful. my gynae say I sure cannot tahan becos my pain tolerance so low. it is painful when they administer the epidural so its good for your hubby to stay by your side. the nurse ask my hubby to leave but I insist on my hubby staying so my hubby refuse to leave. the anesthetist is okay with hubby staying.

maternity panty,

you can get at department stores or at mothercare. I didnt buy any, just bought some good quality low cut panties which is more comfy.

blood test,

the test is usually done between 14th to 16th week to test for down syndrome becos legally u can abort the baby before the 24th week *touch wood* also if the test turns out with high chance of down syndrome, than the gynae would advise u to go for the aminotesis test to confirm whether the baby really have down syndrome.

joyfulhands,

my bill is slightly higher becos I had bleeding in the 1st trimester and so have to go for checkups more often and have to take hormone supplements.
 
baby things,

I had a few redundant baby things so if anyone wants to know if something is absolutely necessary or just good to have, I can give u my opinion. than no need to spend unneccessary money.

pampers newborn,

if u see pampers newborn on sale, good to get 2-3 packs. they are more comfortable than other brands. as baby grow, than can switch to cheaper brands. my baby had no nappy rash with pampers which is good becos baby can sleep better.
 
thanks rochelle..
i went to see the clothes at paragon, v nice but i also dunno whether to buy so just buy some pants.. i thk for the moment i can still make do with my current tops unless i grow any bigger... heehee..

and my mum was sayong dun buy too many thgs cuz some not needed, i read some threads ve list of things, sound v long.. eh..so far i only plan to buy the following:

1. playpen for bb to sleep (wating for GSS, dunno got gd discounts or not)
2. some packs of pampers - gd idea to watch out for promos
3. baby bottles - just in case though prefer to BF
4.car seat?
5. some basic pieces of bb clothes - cuz we ve no hand me downs though my mum was sure gift of clothes ll be aplenty

heehee..b
happy.gif
 
veil,

baby clothes get a few than your parents can get more when baby is born. my boy was big when born so he outgrew the newborn by 1st month.

better let baby sleep in cot, but that is personal preference.

baby bottles,

get some for feeding baby water. also can be used for EBM so that hubby can help with night feeds.
 
i'm gg to see my GP tis sunday as my folic acid runs out liao.. den probably will haf her recommend wat's the best option to c gynae.. heh..

wow rochelle.. u really provide us wif lots of helpful info.. thanks lots.. esp for us first time mums.. heh..
 
Hi ladies, few days din come here liao.

Celtricia, u haven't see a gynae yet? U can 'thong' so long. Pei fu pei fu. If u need folic acid, u can buy from pharmacy. No need to get from GP. It's the same.

Veil, my gynae also no packages. I pay everytime i see him. Still comtemplating whether wan to change or not.
 
nik.. yah.. yet to.. hehe.. can lah.. can tahan.. kekeke.. oh! can buy frm pharmacy ah.. nvm.. will go c the GP n ask her abt packages for gynae c wat's her recommendations.. coz she told me b4 but i din remember it.. so nw haf my hubby to go wif me to understand it better.. heh..
 
celtricia,

u can get folic acid from guardian pharmacy. its sold in strips and is the same thing as from gynae.

nik,

your gynae should have package from a certain week but the blood test is optional.
 
nik,

that is abit hard to budget when u have to pay every visit. package may not be cheaper but less headache. the most important is whether you are comfortable with your current gynae, if not that change now is better than later.
 
Hi Dilli,

I saw that you had me on the list
happy.gif
my EDD is 23Nov n Ill be using TMC. about epidural, I did not feel any pain at all when the dr administer, coz my contraction pain was too much haha. But I did experience side effects of shivering and nauseous during the labour period while epi was in use. After delivery, everything was ok.

About panty, I used my normal ones thruout the 9mths, I used the hipster kind, below the belly, so still comfortable ooh I also use old ones that expand already, so juz nice.

Me too prefer a cot, it can be converted to playpen, but not all bbies will sleep in a cot. My gal dun like to sleep in a cot, also I TBF her till I got preg, thus she sleep with me. Bad side is diff to get her to sleep on her own now. I feel parenting is abt choices, i struggled so much when I first had my galI had a set of ideal parenting way and a set of giving in waywell I guess u know which I used. so now my gal a lot of habits diff to kick, so mayb for my 2nd one, I will try other methods haha
 
rochelle thanks for the info.. nvm.. i still go n find out GP.. mayb after tis round den i go get it myself at the pharmacy..

ya.. i also wan to find gynae packages.. tink it'll b much hassle free... heh..
 
TTC2nd,

how old is your girl? my boy is now going to be 5mths old. elder child will get jealous when the 2nd child is born. I dont know if my boy will be jealous since the gap is less than a yr but my BIL's gal is still jealous of her younger brother.
 
TTC2nd,

maybe my gynae know I cant take pain, adminster epidural before the contractions get worse
happy.gif
I threw up after epidural for 6 times. my hubby was very kan cheong but I didnt faint. two of my friends fainted after labour.
 
hi Rochelle,

my gal is 16mths
happy.gif
..but she dont understand about sibling i think. mayb when the bb is born, she then will understand.

ya i did consider jealousy, but i also dont know what to do...i'll cross the bridge when it comes. maybe i'll show her i still love her alot. but i'll be BF'g the 2nd one too, n i m still bf'g her though i already intro FM to her. she still very sticky to me, diff to wean completely. i wonder how when the 2nd arrive.

me super low threshold for pain. but coz it was early morning and rainy, the dr took longer to reach TMC! so i got to bear the pain first. ooh no, ur side effects' terrible! mine was serious shivering and nauseous, after delivery i juz felt so tired, but din faint too haha. i'v a friend who tot epi was such a breeze, she's blessed with MS free preg and no side effects of epi for both her pregnancies!

but i still will opt for epi! i think the side efects outweigh the labour pain! btw ur boy only 5mths and your preg liao, wah u very brave leh hehe
 
TTC2nd,

my 2nd one is unplanned but then as age catching up, better early than late.

my BIL's girl is 18mths older than her brother. both are on TBF. my BIL try to bring her out more often to "compensate" lor but my MIL who is taking care of them is more bias towards boys. what my cousin did was to tell the older boy that his toys and cot are on loan to his younger brother so he actually didnt mind after awhile.

for epidural no need to wait for gynae to arrive. my gynae put on the admission letter that I am considering epidural and to get the anesthetist on standby for me. so once I agree on epidural the anaesthetist administer to me.
 
<font color="blue">Rochelle</font>, your info will be useful to 1st time mums like me, I will definitely take note. Tks alot!

Btw, I'm also experiencing slight spotting, and I have it almost everyday. However, gynae didn't find anything wrong after v-scan *phew* &amp; just ask me to rest alot. But of course I still have to work, so I tried to slow down my pace.

Oh, I received the hospital charges from RH today &amp; will take a close look.

<font color="blue">morraine</font>, it's happy to share the joy when you announce your pregnancy, isn't it?
For me, I think I'll 'tahan' until 2nd trimester then tell my friends &amp; colleagues.

<font color="blue">meixue</font>, we've the same EDD now! Btw what is CRL huh? My scan printout shows CRL is 27mm!? Forgot to ask gynae what it measures...
 
joyfulhands, CRL is Crown Rump Length, measures baby from head to butt. we got same EDD and your baby's CRL is already 27mm??? mine's only half of yours at 13mm leh... now I'm getting worried.

I also have some spotting and the gynae says there's some blood in my womb, so I'm on hormone pills too.

envy you gals who can go shopping during the weekends. Most of the time, I'm stuck at home cuz morning sickness is very bad.
 
hello ladies..

how is everyone feeling this weekend?

just wondering - how many of you are getting a confinement lady?

take care..
 
<font color="blue">meixue</font>, I guess 27mm is the sac, I may have mistaken. Checked on some pregnancy websites on fetal growth, CRL is around 10mm, plus or minus a few mm. I think yours is normal... I must remember to ask my gynae during the next checkup about CRL.

Nowadays I'm not going out as much during wkends, rather tired most of the time. Maybe after 1st tri when the fatigue reduces then start shopping for maternity &amp; baby stuffs. Another month to go...

Confinement lady... hmm, I think I'll get, but maybe too early to look for one now.
<font color="blue">Chin</font>, you getting one?
 
Hi ladies,

I dun think i'm getting a confinement lady. My mum is willing to help me.

I went for my checkup yesterday. My CRL is 15.4mm. From the CRL, the computer will calculate ur estimated EDD also. I think my EDD had bring forward to 30th of Nov.
 
Yes - thinking of getting one. My mum and MIL are going to be very busy and I think it is very impt to get sufficient rest during that period..It is not too early to look for one. Most people start looking when they realise that they are pregnant..plus - u want to do some research to make sure u get someone recommended.

I also spend quite a lot of time at home these days..somehow, the crowd intimidates me!

So our EDD is constantly being revised...
 
<font color="aa00aa">Talking about CL...</font>
My HB wants to get me a CL. But I'm not very comfortable with the idea of being taken care of a stranger. And I don't know what sort of strange traditions I'll have to follow!

If you ask me, I'd rather eat healthily (none of those oily oily stuff) and bathe regularly for hygiene purposes!

BUT things don't always go my way... Mum and MIL (and all relatives!) think a proper confinement is absolutely necessary for good health later on... SO... I'm left with 3 choices... 1) going my own way, which is rather impossible!... 2) getting a CL... or 3) my MIL has offered to come back to help. Mum isn't confident she'll do a good job... so she's not an option...
 
Confinenment Nanny,

get one even if your MIL or Mother can help. an extra pair of hands is always welcome initially. also for c-section the recovery will be slower and you are not suppose to carry heavy things and a newborn is not light.

its good to get good healthy food during confinement and you wont be taken care of by a stranger. the CL will wash your clothes, cook good food for you and prepare your herbal bath so there is no physical contact with you.

you would need to start interviewing and booking soon becos good ones would get snatch up fast.

I had problems last year with my CL becos she cant cook cantonese confinement food so my MIL was rather upset being cantonese. her excuse is that people nowadays dont eat traditional confinement food. I didnt have any apetitite during confinement but I still like traditional confinement food.

meixue,

my morning sickness stop after I stop taking the hormone pills at around 12wks. just hang in there for baby's sake.
 
Actually, i tot of getting a maid instead. I noe maid will not able to do any confinement things, but at least can help out more hsework. My friend's confinement nanny only wash her clothes n bb's. She refuse to do anything else in the hse. My friend end up got to iron her hb's clothes during confinement. Of course there r other good confinement nanny around. My friend juz not so lucky to get a not so good one.
 
(",) I am kinda lucky.....
My auntie is a confiment lady....
so I guess she is taking care of me......

YEAH.........
I finally clip my wings and keep them for a while
RESIGN liao loh!!!!
Happy happy happy.......

Starting work in a cosmetic counter on the 26th.....
Hopefully all goes well......
("o)

Morriane: manage to convince bb to let you see the gender?!?
 
Well, yes.... I'll be able to provided my
SHAPE does not run off too much!!

I think it is abit unfair.....
In SIA, If I choose to go back to work,
I can't maintain my old staff number.....
and since i am on my 4th year,
I can't work another year and get my 15,000 graguity....
Which they allow last time.....

So When I resigned, I pass a commend that the company is not going in the direction of the nation!!!!!
To have more baby!!!!!

There are about 4000 female stewardess in SIA.....
does that mean that all of us should put off
our plans to start a family?!?
It's so darn ridiculious!!!
 
Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread. EDD is 13 Nov.
Was trying to run through the whole threads to 'get to know' everyone but it's so long :p
Any idea when tummy will really start to show? My jeans/pants are starting to feel tight too...Went shopping yesterday but was disapointed that the clothes are more for the later stages of preg. Any recommendations where to find clothes for the transition stage?
 
For the in between stages of maternity clothing, I just get the larger sizes of normal clothes. Just get a few classic pieces that can go with more stuff. My friends tell me that we can still wear these clothes after giving birth..as we will probably need some time to go down to pre-pregnancy weight. :p
 
<font color="aa00aa">NMum,</font>
WELCOME! have you seen a gynae yet? where do you intend to deliver your bb?

Your nick reminds me to drink milk...
biggrin.gif


if it's your 1st pregnancy, you'll probably not look pregnant until when you're into your 4th month. But you'll notice an expansion of your pelvis area much earlier than that. Most (or all!) of us here already can't fit into our snug pants/jeans!

The tops they sell are mostly for big tum tums... but there are bottoms that go from now till full term. I bought a few of those but haven't started wearing them. As for tops... larger tops like Chin said... also make sure they're a little longer (so as to hide the elastic band).
 
Ah Fat, i do agree tat SQ is a little 'not family pro'. In other words, if u go back next time, u got to work another 5 years to get ur gratuity is it? For my company, after u r a confirmed staff, u can go maternity n gratuity is pro-rated. But dun forget tat we have no promotions at all. Always under the jap. Worked 3 contracts then 'Sayonara' liao.

Ladies, recently i feel my tummy is a little crampy. Not very pain. Does anyone feel tat way too? I did tell my gynae abt it, he didn't make any comment lei. He always ask me got 'bleeding or not'. When i answered no, he juz said, "dun worry lah"???

Nmum, welcome welcome.

Did anyone buy prenatal milk powder? Which brand taste better?
 
nik.....
I think a little craming is normal.....
as long as there is no bleeding.....

In another word, JAL better leh!!
Yup, I got to start all over again for 5 years to get my gratuity!!

My SIL force me to drink Nmum.....
erm... I never liked milk.......
so I took a long long time to finish a cup......
 
<font color="aa00aa">Nik,</font>
Yes, I feel a crinch sometimes,usually on my left side. It's like a cramp but only lasts 2 secs. Guess that's normal.

<font color="aa00aa">About the Mooooo...</font>
I have been drinking about 1-2 cups of HL/daisy hi-lo so far. I hate milk powder... can't stand the smell.
- Compared to liquid milk, there's no real benefit from prenatal milk powders (e.g. AnMum) except that there's some folic acid inside.
- Sometimes I get sick of drinking milk, and I add Nescafe or Milo inside!
- Another alternative... can take hi-calcium soy milk... or calcium-fortified orange juice.
- FYI, calcium supplements, calcium in soy and orange juice are not as easily absorbed as those from diary products.
 
i also take anmum.. nvr like milk except for choc milk.. heh.. so i took a long time to finish.. den recently i add a teaspoon of sugar in it and make only half a cup n drank it wif those vitagen straw.. much easier to finish up n the smell not as strong.. hee.. so mayb ah fat u can try my method.. no choice.. for the sake of our babies.. we muz tahan.. dat's wat i always tell myself.. heehee..

anyway ladies, i've went to c my GP yesterday, n she asked if i've visited any Gynae yet.. n when i say no she was like shocked.. kekekeke.. i told her my mum says no nid.. she said first child how can no nid.. kekeke.. so she took my blood for tests and will inform me when the results is out n i will c her till my 5th mth den go polyclinic c docs n haf polyclinic docs refer me to KKH.. n i will b gg for my 1st ultrasound soon once my blood tests results r out, whh my GP says is necessary.. heh..
 
Hi, i have been reading this tread since i found out i am pregnent and learn a lot from all of you.
happy.gif
My EDD is 10 Dec, since the DEC05 MTB tread is quite quiet now, can i join you?
 
celtricia:
I beri KS one......
I so scard of the smell.....
till I add milo, sugar.....
THEN i refrigerated till cold cold.....
then glup glup glup and drink......
 
hi chris.. welcome!

hey ah fat.. at first i also add milo.. but den i decided drink pure milk better so i add the sugar only lor.. u refrigerate it ah, can drink cold one meh.. moreover early morning drink cold drinks they say no gd leh.. hahaha..
 


wow v active thread leh..
so many ppl am so glad i am not alone.. really
happy.gif


just a tot for Nov mums.. you know our babies will either have their b-days slogging for exams (heavens forbid) or they will luckily have parties in the holidays leh

as my EDD is early Nov i thk my little bb may be those who ve bday during exams, poor baby heehe..
happy.gif
sorry if this sounds frivoulous, but i nothing to do mah - so just day dream and thk of the life bb will lead lor.. haha

just another perspective lah..

on the topic of CL, must try to find one whose cooking u like, or at least tried and tested.. i heard stories from my cousins who cannot eat during confinement cuz the food cooked was so horrid cuz the CL style of cooking not to her liking..

Can I ask the following:

1. Anyone looking for massage - i am quite a massage freak before preggie.. now got nothing to do, so dunno if anyone knows a good massage or where..

2. Anyone looking for exercises? i am such a lazy bum, i need to go class kind to feel motivated.. i heard aqua exercise v good.. but not sure where ve..must be catered for MTB so i wont be the fatty ard.. heehee..

let me know ok.. sorry if my tipics sound a bit frivoulous.. the serious ones, i ve not tot of yet (like which hospital to give birth in or shld i change my gynae).. i am still learning for those.. heehe
happy.gif
 

Back
Top