(2005/10) Oct 2005 MTB???

Pammie:
Sept we can't make it tho. And by 5 pm won't it be too late? the mossies will be out!!!

Happy birthday to Rae too!!! Wow, 60 more days and our babies will be 1 yr old!!

Fushiastar: 6 panels seems ok so far, but maybe it's because hasn't really tried to pull up to stand. Have you tried putting rubber matting below it? Maybe that will help prevent it from moving too much. Have you tried the oragnic store in Tanglin mall for the corn flakes? Didn't know kellogs corn flakes contains traces of nuts. For shoes, some of the books I've read says to delay letting the babies wear shoes until they're very steady with walking because being barefoot let's them have better grip on the floor, I think i read this in Babycentre. And potty training!! How do you get Zoe to poo on demand?? Xaby poos like 4 times a day and at verious times so dunno how to train her (actually haven't even thought of potty training her!!)

oat milk - this is drank mainly by vegans, nutritionally speaking, it contains about the same fat content as skim milk powder, but has much less calcium, protein and vitamins. You can find "fortified" oat milk but as the additives are not naturally occuring, the rate of absorption will not be as good. As someone who works in the industry, I would recommend that you stick to follow on formula becasue these have been specifically balanced to contain essential nutrients for our babies growth. (coincidentally, I am looking into this topic for work)

Patsy - actually I was there no long ago, no mossies leh, and it was so hot even tho' I was there at 6pm n after... Yet i know bb timings - hard to catch, some may fuss to sleep in the evenings.. so how? i welcome sugg, just put it against your name when you add to the list.

Other moms - how? is 5pm too late? if Aug, we dont have anymroe weekend except tmrw!
sad.gif

Hi Mums,

Have you started your babies on pull up pants? I am thinking of doing that cos Grace is getting really impatient during diaper change. What brand is cheap and good?

Sweetie - yes i've been using pull up pants for a while now - but only during the night because too much pee at night, cannot be contained in normal diaper. I used huggies but tried Dry Pantz

sweetie

I do use pullup pants for Alden.. tried out mamipoko, huggies and drypants.. drypants is the WORST! mamipoko i find it abit heavier compared to other brands..but the absorbion is gd lor.. no complaints. Huggies also ok
happy.gif

Pullup Pants are NV cheap!

botanic gdn outing...
1. PAMMIE/Tammi (2 Sep, Sat 5pm onwards)
2. MRSTAN/KenShin
3. SNEAKY/Samuel
4. FLO/ Raelyn (me fine with 5pm onward, too early very very hot
happy.gif
)
5. PATSY/Xaby
6. Carole/Clarisse

re: pullup pants - tried mamipoko so far coz my mum bot and put at her plc. very good. but very expensive leh... at nite, i still use pampers premium coz very absorbent...
my ger also very impatient so i give her one diaper to play with while i change her.. no choice.

patsy, thanks! yah lor.. so fast...

fushiastar, zoe know how to poo in the potty liao! amazing... mine will usually poo after her milk. but anytime she like leh...
i haven't even bot the potty yet...
happy.gif

Flo
re wt gain during pregnancy, my gynae told me 8-10kg gain is OK, too much wt gain also v difficult to reduce later. I still remember I try to eat as much as possible in the last trimester just to hit the mark of 10kg - so that the baby can be heavier/bigger
happy.gif

pammie
you are right abt the too early potty training. To train them now could be a bit stressful as the babes still cannot control their bladder. It's more like thare caregiver is watching out for signs of wanting to pee then bring to the potty. Read that it's more ideal to train about 1.5yo. At this age, it's easier to potty train usu successful after several tries.

fushiastar
since you already bot the potty, no harm training Zoe. You never know, Zoe could be a early learner. Kaiser too has a potty sitting in the loo,cos my maid says wanna buy & train Kaiser... no also never see her let him pee in the potty, maybe no results so give up.

Is it easy to put on pull-up pants for the babies? I was given a sample of Dry Pantz at Cold Storage one day, still unopened.

patsy: yep.. i also read the same thing about shoes.. just wondering which is a good brand to buy
happy.gif
i do put the same mat you have under my play yard.. haven't tried the tanglin organic shop, but tried ntuc, cold storage, jason's, tierney's gourmet and these 2 organic shops at redhill..oh.. oatmilk not as good? thought i read somewhere that something in oatmilk enhances calcium absorption..hmmm see if i can find that article again.. what milk do you intend to give xaby when she is a year?

patsy,pammie,flo,yipee ya ya:actually for zoe i notice she always poos about an hour or so after breakfast, so at about that time i keep an eye on her and she gets this expression on her face when she wants to poo.. then i do the mad dash to strip her diaper and hold her above the potty..i tried plonking her on the potty but she can't seem to poo that way.. and not on demand..
happy.gif
i read that there are certain windows periods where babies are receptive to potty training.. one of thm is 8-10m.. the next ont is 18m and then 24m.. what a childcare teacher (she's been in this line for more than 10 years and potty trains toddlers) told me is that the best time is 20-24m..and train on an adult toilet not a potty.. sometimes i think zoe can understand me and control her bladder.. there are times when i'm preparing to bathe her so she has no diaper on and she gets this expression and i say "zoe, don't pee pee on mummy.k?" and she pees on me! and can smile at me after that!!..

Zoe is super kid! I can't see any facial expression on Tammi when she poo unless it's a hard one! she usu does it after morning feed but im too lazy to bring potty over!

yipee

I think its as hard for Alden to wear for both normal and pantz! cos he will move his legs to kick away the pantz as i tries to let it go thru his legs!!! pengz~~
One leg in, the other leg came out!

fun, Samuel is like Alden. very difficult to wear anything for him now...he'll stretch or turn away and make life so difficult as if we're entering a battlefield...sibeh cham ah...

i'm using water filter system at hm...can't remember what brand..i'll check it out tonight and let you know after that...not bad lah...but water flow is very slow...

fushiastar

i think teach both bois and gals the same way at the meantime ba... till they are older den teach bois to stand to shishi..

Pammie: ok, will try to see if we can make it but we havd a bday party to attend.

Sweetie: i've tried the mamy poko pull up pants for Xaby, it's ok. Haven't really tried the others yet because so far, I can still distract Xaby with toys etc if she has to change diapers. Was actually thinking of starting to use training pants for her instead of disposable, has anyone tried these?

fushiastar: i was just at an organic store in bukit timah (near cellar door), looked at the corn flakes and didn't see a warning on nuts, they also have plain meusli. forgot the name, sorry.

Fun: we use PUR from the US, but not easy to use because the filters aren't available here. I've heard good things about Brita tho.

BTW, anyone want a Christain baby lullaby CD? I was clearing Xaby's CD and realized i had 3 copies of it! Mums in this thread get first chance otherwise i'll give it away in the free items thread.

fushiastar: surely, how to pass it to you though?we will be going to orchard tomorrow, can meet up somewhere nearby (holland possible coz i might go Ikea also)

Hi Patsy
What time will you guys be at Orchard? Im meeting fren for lunch tmr then followed by Forum. Maybe can see you there as well if timing is right.

Fun
I think Amway has water filter system. I saw one at my inlaws' hse but my fil thinks it's redundent (He din buy it, his children bot for him for Father's Day)

HI patsy

sorry about today. I met up wif Kaiser & HB at Forum after lunching wif my fren. Then got to rush off (right after selection of pic) cos HB said he got to attend to something. Make you carry the dough to & fro... so sorry abt it.

Hope you managed to meet up with fushiastar at Holland.

hope Zoe likes it!!

so is Zoe, so fair. Was funny how the two didn't know what to do with each other tho
happy.gif
Xaby specially, think this is just the second time she's seeing someone her age!

on BGG, hey 2 Sept I cannot leh! I already got a BBQ at my friend's place that day. Sorry Pammie...can we not change it to 9 Sept?? after 5pm fine with me too.

Btw, KenShin is now down with false measles. He had a high fever of 39 deg on Fri, Sat, then finally after fever gone down, the rashes start appearing on his face and now whole body outbreak. Suppose to clear by 3 days. I also read abt this in Aug/Sept thread, cos some babies having that too.

<font color="aa00aa">Mrs Tan:
My Sherisse also having false measles.. start to appear after her fever subsided for a day.. yesterday her face one already subsided only left with the body.. she got it since friday.. this morning forgot to check her body cos in a hurry to leave house..</font>

Moms, i'm not sure if you give your babies Robovites Infant Drops - Vitamin C. I find it good way to boost babies immune system..

on the BGG outing, so far the response rate not too good leh.

1. PAMMIE/Tammi (2 Sep, Sat 5pm onwards)
2. SNEAKY/Samuel - ok?
4. FLO/ Raelyn (me fine with 5pm onward, too early very very hot )
5. PATSY/Xaby - uncertain
6. Carole/Clarisse - ok

anyway, lets see whoever comes we meet, if can't then maybe another time?

How about we meet at SWAN LAKE at 530pm?
we can use email to exchange nos.
[email protected]

carole &amp; adel, no leh...why you ask?

mrstan, don't worry about the false measles. babies always get it after a high fever. i think only once a lifetime...Samuel got it and recovered in about 4 days...

lol!
i see carole ask.. so me also kpo lor..keke
aahh... i understand from a lot of mummies hor... tt.. bbs usually will fall sick after one year old celebration or something.. is it true? scares the hell outta me.. boy!
fingers crossed.. Brent fell sick once.. so far.. i was so worried.. already.. can't imagine seeing measles..(fake) on him.. mmm.. *touch wood*

500012.gif

<font size="-1"><font face="Courier New"> <font color="ff6000">as @ 28 Aug 06
Mummies <font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>Pop On<font color="ffffff">.</font> BB's name <font color="ffffff">.</font> Birth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>7 mth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>8 mth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>9 mth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>10 mth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>11 mth<font color="ffffff"></font>
Fun ........... 11-Sep-05 Alden<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.06/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">10.3/78</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="119911">10.7/78</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">11.0/??</font>
coffeedrinker . 17-Sep-05 Jasmine<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">3.09/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">8.30/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Jenifur ....... 18-Sep-05 Janelle<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.81/46</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">6.98/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">7.10/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.85/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="119911">7.62/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">7.90/71</font>
Gracemum ...... 20-Sep-05 Sabrina<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.53/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">8.24/71</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="119911">8.50/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Pammie ........ 24-Sep-05 Tammie<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.20/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">7.15/66</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.60/70</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">7.83/73</font>
MrsTan ........ 25-Sep-05 Kenshin<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.49/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Mybabydream ... 29-Sep-05 J.<font color="ffffff">........</font> <font color="0000ff">2.70/47</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">8.50/72</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
SSL ........... 29-Sep-05 Brennan<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">3.15/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">9.09/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="119911">10.3/74</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Sneaky ........ 30-Sep-05 Samuel<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.80/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">8.35/65</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">9.20/72</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="119911">9.28/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fushiastar .... 04-Oct-05 Zoe<font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.38/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">7.00/65</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">6.80/65</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">6.90/65</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Snow .......... 04-Oct-05 Yong Shan<font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0000ff">2.92/46</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.40/69</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Lindy ......... 11-Oct-05 Rayne<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.46/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">9.20/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Ling .......... 12-Oct-05 Clarisse<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">2.77/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.00/68</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Amari ......... 13-Oct-05 Darren<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.76/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.80/71</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Puea .......... 15-Oct-05 Rong Jin<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">3.12/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">8.66/71</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Wlml2402 ...... 15-Oct-05 Bryson<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.09/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Adel .......... 19-Oct-05 Brent<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.40/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">8.00/66</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Chloe ......... 20-Oct-05 Michael<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">9.40/72</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Kris .......... 21-Oct-05 Ember<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.35/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">7.88/66</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.40/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">9.00/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Nuttnuts ...... 21-Oct-05 Ying En<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">3.68/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Tao_baby ...... 24-Oct-05 Girl<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.03/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Yippee ........ 24-Oct-05 Kaiser<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.64/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.50/71</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">9.00/74</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Flotan ........ 25-Oct-05 Raelyn<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.86/47</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.46/68</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fresia ........ 25-Oct-05 Amos<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.46/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Patsy ......... 25-Oct-05 Xaby<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.48/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.70/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">9.50/72</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Sweetie ....... 25-Oct-05 Grace<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.21/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">8.85/73</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.85/73</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
3rascals ...... 28-Oct-05 Kayden<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.44/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.50/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">10.3/77</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Morraine ...... 28-Oct-05 Ashley<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.55/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">7.30/70</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">7.90/73</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Karin ......... 30-Oct-06 Nicole<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.23/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Kuririn ....... 31-Oct-05 Sherisse<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">3.20/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">6.80/67</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">7.12/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.20/69</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Dolly ......... 01-Nov-05 Christine<font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0000ff">3.61/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.00/67</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> </font></font></font>

<font face="Calisto mt"> If you would like me to update your Baby's weight &amp; length or if I have missed your update, please kindly PM me! </font>

500013.gif

must be monday blues!

Snow - i would love to accomodate everyone but maybe I'm the difficult one cos Sundays are out and I have bday parties to attend on all the other saturdays of Sep. So only left with 2 Sep.
I know it's hard to accomodate but maybe we can arrange gathering every mth? in that case, whoever can't make it for one month can come for the other mths... I love any opportunity I can get for my girl to meet other kids her age..

Pammie,
it's ok, i can join next time.

Sharon,
Wah, your gal now 8.8kg my yong shan only 7.7kg .mmm....Any idea how to make him gain weight hah. He dont like to drink milk leh.

Pammie: sorry!! a friend just confirmed her son's bday on saturday, she said at first maybe sunday so i thought i could join you guys at the BGG.

Xaby has been having trouble sleeping again. Goes to sleep at 8:30 pm but wakes up at 10 and refused to sleep until midnight. I've cut back on her day time sleep but seems to be no use... any suggestions?

Snow
Think a good way to make the baby gain wt is to eat/drink &amp; take naps
happy.gif

Patsy
Michelle just sent me an email saying that the pasta went out of stk oredi - so the last 2 pkts are also gone. Too bad... hope we have better next time (but Im gog to try AMK)

Back