(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

hi bfeeding mommies

can we take cold drinks after confinement if we are breastfeeding? My mom said I cannot take any cold food as I will be introducing 'wind' to my bb... is that true?
 


Hi mummies
Just wanna share that in order to keep the supply up it is best to express at least 2-3 times a day to stimulate the flow of your breasts.

I started pumping when I was in the hospital. Though the milk has not kicked in yet, I pumped 5 ml of colustrum. The next day, managed to pump 2.5 Ounce of milk and gradually now I can pump 750ml. I think expressing in the early days will stimulate the flow much better because the suckling of your baby during the first few weeks might be weak to stimulate good flow.Perserve with BF!!
 
Seeing everyone share their birth stories make me tempted to share mine too so here it goes ...

As mine is early delivery, I planned for it on 22nd Aug at 8 am. Targetted hrs: 6

0800hr Arrives @MAH. Hubby did the registration for me while I was taken to the delivery ward to change.

0800hr Nurse came in and asked if I've cleared my bowel that morning. I told her no. She said she will give me something to help me clear my bowel. I asked her if it's thru oral, she said that will be too soon and before I knew it, she inject something into my anus
sad.gif
Said it will be good if I can hold for 10 mins before going to the toilet but the moment the liquid went in, I felt like 'lao sao' already! Dashed to the toilet and was inside 'bombing' for 10 mins. When I came out, my gynae was already waiting in the room.

0845hr Gynae said he wanna check my dilation. After I spread my legs, he inserted his finger/s inside and told me I am abt 3 cm dilated. He then took a long instrument and inserted it into my virginal. Before I knew it, I could feel warm water between my legs. My Gynae then asked if I have any questions for him. I asked if he had just broke my water bag and he said yes. I then asked if it means I have to go into labour already and again he said yes. So I said "Then I guess it's a little too late to ask anymore questions now"

0900hr Nurse put me on drips and said she will monitor and increase my contraction every 30 mins.

1145hr Nurse checked and said I was abt 5 cm dilated. I was still not on epidural. She said it looked like I am still relaxing (I was reading novel all the while)and probably won't need it but just in case, she wanna me to read the agreement form for epidural 1st. Hubby was asked to go for him lunch.

1200hr As I seemed to be able to tolerate the pain well, the nurse said she will increase the contraction. I agreed.

1230hr Hubby back from lunch. I was in great pain. Started to see 'lights' and thought I was going to pass out. Tried to be brave and wanna do without epidural.

1330hr Nurse checked and said I was 8 cm dilated. She would inform my gynae. Pain was unbearable. Broke out in cold sweat and couldn't talk anymore. Hubby got frighten and asked if I needed epidural. In too much pain to answer him. He went to ask nurse to arrange for one for me.

1400hr Given epidural. Gynae arrived shortly after. Said I was ready to push. Put me in sit-up position. Couldn't feel anything
sad.gif
The nurses helped to press on my tummy and hubby supported my back. Tried pushing several times. Everyone was using force except me cos I couldn't feel anything. Actually found the scene amusing and wanna break out in laughter then gynae said baby's heart beat getting weaker. Took out vaccum and next thing I knew, baby was out.

1443hr Gynae placed baby (with umbilical cord still attached) onto my lap. Almost fainted as I was not prepared. Baby looked so small and bloody!


Hubby later told me that the gynae and nurses were all wearting 'boots'. Didn't know there is so much water in the water bag! When baby was out gynae actually had to 'siam' to avoid getting wet!
 
hi tingting,cattail,lib.. thanks for e praises.

reg breastfeeding..
i tried 2 pump on e 4th day when breast engorge, only 10ml, after that nvr pump. cos duno how 2 feed bb if i pump out. wanted full bf, so thot shd do direct latch on. if we do pump, when to pump? n how do u feed e express milk other than bottle?

reg c-section
mummies who went thru this.. think there's a few here, how do u cope w e pain or relief it? at 1 point i couldn't get out of bed cos of e pain, n painkiller no effect on me. now i'm already in my 6th day, exterior seems healed. but e sides still very painful, with each movement.
 
RE: Avent Milk Bag
Mummies who have used this. How do you feed the milk to the baby frm the bag? You pour it into the bottle??


RE: BF mummies what food to avoid?
I'm also curious abt this. Are we able to eat chocolate, tea, coffee etc??
 
RE: Avent Milk Bag

yes... you pour it into a milk bottle to feed the baby

RE: BF mummies what food to avoid?
basically, just stick to one cup of coffee or tea a day... that's what i do... and eat chocolate moderately.... anyway... i tot we are supposed to avoid sweet things... so we don't further put on anymore extra weight? ;) hee hee
 
anissa: haha.. u are so funny when it comes to sharing ur birth story. pretty enlightening though. at least it gives me a clear idea.. of whats going to happen to me when i am going for the inducement.

but one thing to take note: try not to wash clothes etc mah.. i mean its bad for ur body right? use washing machine?

ahh.. u have wasted money on the epidural. argrg.. u have tolerated for so long.. and once u administer.. it.. ur gynae say can deliver le.
hehe.. can u describe whats the pain like? would roughly want to know...
 
angel, i m not allowed 2 take cold food & drinks til after my confinemt. reason being tat it's no gd 4 us as we'll hv wind inside our body which can cause discomfort 2 us in future. as 4 introducing wind 2 bb, so far, i hvn't heard anything abt it.

anissa, tks 4 sharing ur birth story. i still remember ur 'bruises' when i visited u.
happy.gif
hv they disappear oledi?? btw, how's clarence these days??

cookies, i was still taking painkillers til d 2nd wk after my operation. after tat, i stopped liao coz i dun wan 2 rely 2 much on painkillers, so i 'ren'. even now, i still feel some pain sometimes. 1 word of advice - u hv 2 b careful when u bf. my notti boy kicked me in my wound twice when i was bf him. wah... d pain afterwards is no joke man.
 
cookies, did you use the binder? For me i didn't take any painkillers after discharged from hospital but i used the binder 24 hrs. Till 2 weeks later then i took off. Although there is still pain but still bearable. Even till now sometimes at the side i still can feel a bit pain ...
 
hi vone n cmy,

looks like its not going to end so soon, since i'm only in my 6th day. thanks for sharing, at least i know wat 2 expect.

vone, will take extra care when bf my boy.

cmy, ya i put on e binder, was told 2 buy by e gynae's clinic nurse n put it on, has done so since day 2 of ops. only took it out during e 1st hr after shower.
actually wat's e purpose of e binder, since its still painful after using?
 
gosh.. sound bad from the mummies who went for c section.. how come i hv 2 mummies who told me no pain huh:p!!
 
triniti
750ml!!!!!! WOW!!!!

cookies
re: how i coped with C-section pain
Answer: tahan the pain & get moving. Walk straight, dun hunch over. Will recover faster. I didn't take painkillers from Day 3 even b4 discharge. Binder is to support the wound.. don't want tummy to sag & stretch the wound while it's still fresh. Must bind tightly - i was glad for it's existence! Use both hands to provide additional support when u're laughing, coughing, sneezing.
Actually wound din hurt during bf.. i din apply pressure on it, i guess was carrying baby cos still light enuf. Nowadays i gotto rest him on my tummy coz he's getting so large, but now no pain liao lah.
Dun climb too many steps (eg overhead bridge), dun carry heavy things for 3-6 mths! Outside wound healed, inside not yet. I asked nurse "what do u mean by heavy" She said nothing over 3kg. But then hor, my boy was 3.5kg at birth, how ley?

inc
no pain during the delivery lor... the pain during recovery is much worse than natural birth i think, coz i din experience natural birth
In my opinion, only go for C-section if gynae determines that natural cannot. C-section is after all a surgerical procedure, & every surgery carries some risk..
Dun worri lah, what will be will be.

Lib, Temple, Ting2, Miso
fix a day ley
 
Hi Anissa, my gal also got the same prob as your boy. She wakes up almost immediately everytime I try to put her on the mattress, or she will be 'startled' by noise and sometimes even wake up with fright. So I'm really interested in the bouncer that you've bought. Hope it will solve my prob too. Where can I view the bouncer? How much did you pay for it? Thanks for your help...

Hi mummies, just for sharing, if you all are too busy to step out of house for facial, I can recommend my beautician to you. She will visit you at home to do your face. She is v good and her charges are reasonable. I just had mine today, its really shiok! : )
 
hi cmy and cookies,
Wow 'pei fu' that you ladies put the binder on for so long.. i removed it that night when discharge and only wear it after massage now. Do you think it helps? The purpose of the binder suppose to support the womb/tummy when you move about. I could feel the tummy 'wobbling' abit when i move too fast.. Only starting of the 3rd week then i can walk faster. Also when laying down, can feel the flabby tummy turning left and right when I turn. I guess the binder helps to prevent all these. But with the binder I couldn't get out/in bed easily to breastfeed so i don't wear it.

Re: c-sect pain
I think 6th day still got some pain.. but as the gynae told me.. will feel better each day. Now is my 3rd week and a few times during the day I can still feel pain from the 'inner wound'. It's a stitching/biting kind of pain.. but last only a few sec each time. I also feel uncomfortable when getting out of bed after lying long. I wonder when I can do the normal things like running, swimming, etc. Hopefully it'll heal soon.
 
ladies ...

thanks for the well wishes ...

my boy is starting to get abit yellowish ... so we will be sunning him tomorrow morning ....

re: BF

its quite a challenge ... though my milk is coming in ... think my right breast is not quick enough for my boi ... so always start from the left one first ... after he is abit 'full' then latch on the right .... think I may resort to pumping out from my right breast cos its 'harder' then my left one ... does any of you face the same prob?
 
hi guys

so darn tired.. ds refused to sleep today.. carry and he sleep but once put on bed.. eyes open wide wide..then less than 10mins, calling for attention liao.. i can feel a headache coming cos i din get enuf sleep.. dunno how to survive tonight leh.

triniti - 750ml.. peifu.. i think i am those even if i latch 24 hrs will also never pump 200ml let alone 750ml.. i really wonder if everybody can bf...

i never got the massage lady.. but luckily i am only about 3kg excess of my original weight. usu pants still a bit tight so i guess i will still be wearing skirts instd

kathy, ur beautician good? what pdts do she use? how much? can give me info? i can come out but have to do a lot of logistics arrangement in order to get out. pl email to [email protected]. thanks in advance.

of those who use bouncers.. remember not to shake too much cos bb brain still not so developed... also , when about 4mths, be careful as they are trying to learn how to turn
 
Hi wendy,
What i meant was, my gynae did a swap for me. Think is to find out whether we have abnormalities in our down there. Was quite uncomfortable. *shy* Luckily mine is a lady gynae leh.
I called my clinic today and found out the CTG would cost $40 for half an hour. Reasonable lah hor?
After hearing all your birth stories, i think I'll succumb to epidural also.
Sigh... Thought can save a bit of money. Hehehe...
 
My colleague is eager to get one confinement lady in Nov. Me also trying to get in late dec.

Anybody can recommend a good one for her and myself?

Thanks in advance.
 
Hi Anissa,
Can share more info on the bouncer as well? what's the model/type and where did you buy from? you mentioned Farlin brand right?
 
eileenp
oh that's a swab.
Dun go into labour ward with the idea that u'll use epidural... my fren was admitted when she was 5cm, she dilated very fast & had no time for epidural. Another fren delivered twins - natural birth, no epidural.
Not everyone needs lor... depend on situation.
 
Tks Wendyg and cakey

ya takes it as it comes..the onli concern is to take care of the wound while trying to breastfeed
 
Hi all mummies!! Congrats to the newly promoted mums!

I finally get to the PC....(no access at home since i took my maternity leave, HB finally fixed it up for me).

My bb Cayden was delivered via elective epi-c section on 1 Sep. I opted for it as i did not want to be induced for labour(bb's head too big, placenta not doing so fine, and his head wasn't engaged then.)

It was a breeze, and no regrets. did not feel any pain at all even after discharge. (guess it was bearable and not disturbing me at all) I think it is because of the tight binder. I am not sure about labour pain, but i am sure this c-section pain is only 10-20% of the pain of natural labour. Have to think positive lor.

i latched on directly for the first 8 days for every 2 hours. Then, bb was readmitted to hospital for jaundice. So i ordered the ameda dual pump and pumped at home. Brought EBM to hospital everyday...... at that time, using Avent manual, i could only express 60ml in total after 1 hr plus of struggle. after using Ameda, i only need to spend 15mins at one go and harvest about 100ml in total! not much though, but it was certainly an achievement for me in 15mins! hahaha...

BB is 2 weeks old now, and drinks about 100ml per feed every 3 hrs. If i direct feed for 30-45mins (usually in the day), he will still need 30ml of EBM to put him to sleep soundly. I am only producing max of 180ml in total now. SIANZ! Am i doing ok?

Now bb is still abit yellow....and i have rented a phototherapy machine to sunbathe him.....natural sunlight is fine, but i really hate to send him back to hospital if the jaundice shoots up again.

RE: NEO GARGEN
Can mummies who have used them recommend your menu to me? My Full month celebration has been brought forward because the function room at my place has been fully booked on all weekends in Sep. So we have to do it on a weekday and my PIL have chosen an auspicious date which is 5 days earlier.......
 
hi gals

Cakey i know what u mean abt the c section inner pain, i do experience that as well, and when i wake up, i have to wait for a few min to get up slowly. ya, the tummy wobbling is very disturbing but what to do....
btw are you seeing yr gynae for pap smear, i saw my gynae for the second time after my discharge from hospital and he said he will be in one month's time for pap smear.

aidanee, for jaundice, you can try to buy those 'yellow flower' from chinese medical hall, it's to clear baby jaundice. My SIL used it and the baby's jaundice cleared in 2-3 days.

Ixwong, i think my pregnancy rashes could be similar to yrs, rem dun scratch it and let yr body cool down abit, rashes doesn't react well to heat...are u still doing confinemen?

vone, my mum also dun allow cold food and drinks, in fact she very strict, told me better to avoid for 3 mths, esp my fav ice cream. sob sob.
 
Hi ladies, finally got some me-time to log in.

Hi wendy, what meeting ah? I no much time to look thru the threads.. pls enlighten me! tks! Btw, can sms me or call me @ 9879 3644 if anything.. *ps. errm.. dangerous anot ah put my hp no. here? hehe.. *

Hi tulip, how's ur gal reacting to ur boy? Mine hor.. very cranky and super sticky to me leh.. everything also want me arnd. He dun wan the helper anymore esp when I am arnd! Really stressing me the past few days. Now he is slightly btr.. think it's a phase I hv to go thru.. maybe jealousy. Taking care of my gal is ok.. it's my son who wants my attention all the time.

haiz.. I'd very much like to go back to work earlier! Maybe when I am at work and ds is at school, things will be much btr. *endure endure endure!!*

Hi cakey, glad u found the Avent pump useful!
 
wendy,
Ohh... hehehe... sorry, wrong spelling. Haa...

Hmm.. Ok. Will try very hard not to think about that.
Will move my brain cells back to the primitive days. Hee...
Hope it helps.
 
temple,
Thnks for answering my questions. Actually I remember coming across an article that listed the food that bf mums shld avoid cos it may cos allergy to baby but I just can't seem to recall. I am basically one who can't survive without coke and chocolates. Now during confinement my mum keeps cooking me those yucky stuff ... just thinking abt it makes me feel like puking already
sad.gif



Adel,
My washing machine damn lousy one ... can't seem to squeeze dry the clothes.

Regarding labour pain, at that pt of time I thot it's the worst kinda pain anyone can experience. Actually it really depends on each individual. Some pple already find the pain unbearable when they are 3 cm dilated. I could tahan until 8 cm. When my hubby asked for epidural for me the nurse did ask me to 'hold for a bit longer' cos she said the baby will be out very soon but I really couldn't take it anymore. The pain was so bad I saw only 'bright lights' and thot I was going to pass out any moment. I didn't even get to see the doc who gave me my epidural. Anyway, the baby came very fast after that cos my gynae didn't even have time to 'cut' me. I 'suffered' the natural tear that went all the way to my anus
sad.gif
After the delivery, I couldn't decide if the labour pain was more painful or the pain 'down there' was. As I am allegry to all pain killers, the 1 week after was unbearable.


Vone,
Clarence is a good baby. I don't have much probs with him. Only thing is, I find it difficult to burp him. As such, he always perform the 'merlion show' for me - milk will gush out from his mouth and nostrils after feeding. The sight of it is very scary. Now that I have the bouncer, I just put him in it (sit-up position) and the problem has resolved
happy.gif


Hahaha ... you still remember the bruises, eh? They were there for a few days actually. Can't believe Wilfred and the nurses are grabbing me so hard. I think they were more gan cheong than me at that pt. The scene was really comical. After the epidural, I just simply had no urge to push, just wanna laugh but when I saw the looks on their face, I just held back the laughters.

How's your little prince btw?
 
Hi Kathy,

I got my bouncer frm wherehealthbegins.com. The link to the website is as follows:

http://www.wherehealthbegins.com/singapore/ProductVariation?productno=14846

It only cost me $65.52. Only thing is, it does not play music and it's not battery operated. I don't really rock him though cos when he moves, the bouncer will rock a little ...

At least now he can sleep better ...


315556.jpg


The 2 bouncers are the same. You can assembly them either like the blue bouncer or the red one. Just use the relevant parts.
 
Hi all,

Can I just check if I store my milk in the freezer, what shld I do when I wanna feed the baby? For now I store them in the refrigerator and just warm it before giving to baby each time. Do I do the same with milk stored in the freezer??

Correct me if I am wrong but milk stored in the refrigerator can only last 48 hrs, right?
 
Anissa: BM stored in the refrigerator can be stored up to 48hours. BM left outside in room temperature need to be consumed within 4 hours. BM Kept in freezer can be stored up to 6months (all the way inside the freezer.

Anissa, i also have a natural tear but not all the way to the anus... ;( that's so scary... how to poo poo??? i only need 5 stitches inside and 5 stitches outside. guess my baby was too small (only 2.15kg at birth)... me too allergy to painkillers therefore gynae gave me a very mild type of painkillers (can't remember the name liao)..
 
Hi temple,

You mean milk in the freezer as well? You just leave it in room temperature and feed to baby? I somehow feel that milk at room temperature is too 'cold' for baby. That's why I always warm the milk before giving it to him.

Yeah, thank God my baby is only 2.56 kg at birth else I really dunno how. I remember right after delivery I asked the gynae how bad was the tear and he told me it tears 'nicely'. Wonder what he meant! For the first few days I didn't dare to shit cos the pain was horrible than the nurse suggested that I drink prune juice to make the stool soft. But cleaning the backside after that was quite an experience! Hahaha ...
 
hi mummies...

i have 2 packets of S-64 Drypers for sale. If you intend buy it, perhaps you would like to buy it from me

plus i have some avent milk bottles which i wanted to sell. My son refuse to use avent bottle and therefore i have to change it to nuk bottle. intend to sell the 125ml avent bottle at $5 (outside selling $7.25) and 260ml avent bottle at $6 (outside selling $8.25). Please be rest-assured that the bottles are brand new. if you intend to buy some of these milk bottles, please let me know... i also have one avent manual breast pump which i'm not using it at all, willing to sell at a cheaper rate. if any of you are interested, please let me know... thanks...
 
hi anissa,

i mean milk leaving at room temperature, meaning once i pump out the milk, i leave it outside and never put it into the freezer or refrigerator, i will let my son consume it without warming it up. If I take out the BM from the refrigerator or freezer, of course i have to warm up the milk first before giving him

that's what my gynae said also, that the tear tore nicely... hahaha.... for me, i dare not poo poo for one day and on the following day, i just have the feeling to go poo poo and i went... and took my own sweet time to pass the motion slowly (very scare will hurt the wound) and finally the stool came out... hahaha.... like what the nurse said, clean from back side.... even i didn't really clean properly... so long i clean it, good enough for me... heehee
 
Hi mummies,

can i just check with you, what your normal daily routine looking after baby is like? my CL leaving on saturday, from then on i will be super stress. These few weeks after delivery, i has been resting and observing/learning from the confinement lady. but haven't really looked after my baby girl for the whole day by myself yet. So far, i only take care of her in the mornings (when CL does our laundry, cooks lunch etc) and in the evening (when CL cooks dinner etc) other than that, i'm sleeping or expressing milk. Now worried that when CL goes back, i cannot cope! Can share share what do you from morning till night? and anybody helping you after CL leaves? thk!

Hi Anissa, Templeworshipper,
I also always heat up my EBM, even if its freshly expressed. I use the Avent warmer...you can choose between three settings, be it for thawing, heating up or keeping warm.
 
i'm a mummy!/Anissa

i'm also using the avent warmer, but i find that the avent warmer is actually "heating up" the milk which will kill the nutrients. so be aware of that...

think about it, if you direct feed your baby, the milk is at room temperature. that's why if i leave the EBM outside, i won't warm up the BM as i feel that that's the perfect temperature for the baby to consume. but it's really up to individual lor.... ;)
 
i'm a mummy!

my CL left about 4 weeks back and thus far, my mum has been coming over almost everyday to help up (except on weekends). but on days when i'm alone, some of the things i need to do in the morning would be: bath baby, feed him, clean bottles, sterilize bottles, do laundry, coax him to sleep after bathing so i can do other housework, pump milk etc... dont worry so much... once you get a hang of it, you would know what to do liao... take it easy.... after all, you will realise that it's not so tough altogether.... relax lah...
 
Hi everyone,

Been reading this forum ever since I was pregnant and never participated. But feel that there is a real need to now.

I delivered via C-section in Mt E on 1st Sep as well - same as Aidanee. Could we have seen each other? Baby also two weeks old and has same problems. Sometimes after a feed, he does not go to sleep. he lies in cot and looks around and once he becomes bored, screams at the top of his voice and i have to pick him up and soothe him. then he falls asleep. once i see that he is asleep, i put him back to cot and he sleeps for five mins and screams at the top of his voice yet again... i'm gonna bonkers soon. Any help?

My boy also refuses to latch on so i've taken to expressing milk for him. but he drinks alot of it which i can't produce. i pump for one hour and can only produce 60ml. what should i do? been eating poorly i must say coz appetite seems to have gone since i delivered. plus it was a c section so my mum (who's doing the confinement for me) insists that i cannot eat chicken and a whole lot of other 'poisonous' food. so everyday, i'm eating pork with ginger and kai lan or cod fish with rice...

can't wait for confinement to be over...
 
Hi tulip/ i'm a mummy!,

My beautician uses Laura Beaumont for facial. They are from France and I personally find that they are very good. I was recommended to her by friend during my 1st trimester as I had a lot of sudden breakouts. Since then I've been going back to her for facials and treatments. I also uses Laura Beaumont pdts which are quite good too. Other than that, I knw she also does massage. My friend told me that she is good at slimming massage and I have already book her for a trial tom.She has various charges for different facial. I paid $55 for the whitening cum cleansing facial and $50 per session for the slimming massage. I've sent both of you her contact.
 
Hi Anissa, thanks for your help! I will go and source for it tom. My gal giving me a hard time last nite, refuse to go to sleep. Now I got a bad headache. Hope the bouncer will be able to solve my prob also...
 
Hi Alabone,

Welcome! confinement food can be really sucky, especially when you have to eat the same thing for few meals in a row! I think perhaps you should drink more fluids (cause if body not enough liquid, how to make milk
happy.gif
drink more water, red date tea, and of course, hot piping soups~


Btw mummies, don't know if you have the same feeling as me, but when i see my CL spend so much time with my baby (bathe her, feed her EBM, sleep with her), i scared she become too close to CL and forget about me! cause now so young, and the first few weeks the person she comes into contact the most with is CL...

now in the last few days of confinement, but during the confinement period so far, i've been hovering around, trying to help out the CL as well as spend more time with my baby, but my mother and MIL both keep nagging at me to get more rest while i still can, let the CL take care. Everything when i hear baby cry or wail or fuss, i will dash into the baby room. My mum or MIL will nag nag nag ask me to leave baby to the CL and as me to lie down and rest. Hence, now everything i learn halfway halfway one...now I also can't help to bathe baby cause i have a slip disc problem, so i can't bend down with heavy loads. so far, i only helped to change my baby girl's diapers three times!

my mother and MIL keep saying don't do this don't do that, then how i learn? later when CL goes home, and i don't know how to do stuff, they sure say Har? even this you also don't know?? sigh.. i've never taken care of a baby before, or even carried a baby before my baby girl. stressed!
 
Re: C-sect pain
I was only on painkiller till day 5. As for the wrap, i oso stop wrapping after day 7.. too uncomfortable to lie down.. oni wrap for 2hrs after each massage.

RE: Meetup
Gals, i fine with wed.. as i wont be online so frequent can ladies pls msg me har.. thx hor.. 98433529

TEmple: the EBM is slightly warm when freshly expressed. u may consider slightly warm yr EBM b4 offering to yr bb
 
hi lib... thanks.... will keep that in mind...
happy.gif


hi alabone: welcome to motherhood

i'm a mummy!: anyone helping you to bath baby after CL leaves? if not, remember to learn how to bath your girl before the CL leaves... it's very important.... as for the rest of other things, it's quite easy to catch up.... just remember don't panick when your baby cries, after a while, you will get use to their cries and know what they need. And when you are handling the baby more often, you will find out what kind of position they like to be carried and what are the different cries...
 
Hi miso,
Welcome back online.. once again thanks for the pump.. so far tried 2 times.. still finding a good time to pump to avoid clashing with bb feeding.

Hi mummytobe,
My MIL and CL also keep asking me to go rest and lie down. And pple keep telling me not to carry stuff (meaning can't carry bb?!?). But I guess shld be ok after 3weeks of rest so for this last week I try to learn most things.
As for bathing bb, today is the first time i tried
happy.gif
And my CL taught me to use the dinning table as bathing table (cos it's higher) so that I don't have to bend. We place the bath tub at one side and the rubber mat with towel besides it. But of course you need to get all stuff ready by the side so that won't have to leave bb unattended on the table.

As for confinement food, i think i'll have phobia with smell of rice wine or mua yu for a while after eating for 1mth...
 


Hi temple, Cakey,

Yup my hubby will be bathing baby every morning before he goes to work. but i will also have to know how to do it, just in case.

Sorry ladies, but i need to vent!

My CL is actually one of my MIL's relatives. So she tends to be more 'relaxed' with us. She likes to point out the fact that i don't know how to do anything. She's not malicious, just very blunt..those typical hainan housewife type..when i am learning how to carry the baby properly, change diapers, bath baby or feed baby, and baby starts crying, she start giggling/laughing and say baby crying cause "you don't know how to look after blah blah blah.. and my MIL seems to think that if baby cry, i wont be able to handle her. And she seems to think i can't be left alone with the baby. Whole day long as me, "Can or not? after the CL leaves, you can or not?" And my mother gave me that kind of look when the CL told her that i don't know how to carry the baby properly.

Haiyah! i very fed up leh..Yes, true, maybe i won't be able to handle her now, maybe i don't know how to do all these things now, but who doesn't have to start from scratch? as long as i learn, and practice, i should be able to do it right? Now cannot, later can lor! i mean, i probably have to go through lots of trial and error before i get the hang of things, maybe take longer than others cause i've never looked after a baby before, but i just want to get there at my own pace...so pissed off...keep getting negative attitude from them all the time
 

Back
Top