(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

i'm a mummy,

Ethan bath twice a day. Once at child care and evening after back from cc. Used kodomo hair and body shampoo.

Btw, does your toddler want to cut hair? Since Ethan turn to 1 yr old, it is a big chanllenge for us to bring him to cut hair. He will cry and cry non stop till end ofthe session. We even brought yakult which is his favourite but he stil cry and scream. Any idea how to solve this problem?

hmm, zephan also bathes twice a day, once ard noon and another before he sleeps at night. both times using CB calming shampoo cum bodywash. older folks cld be concerned that using too much shampoo can dry the hair, while bathing at night can cause "jin feng", erm, sthing like chill in your body.. but i think to get ard those problem just use mild shampoo and dry hair thoroughly. zephan perspires a lot.. can't imagine not bathing twice a day!

my dad cuts zephan's hair since young.. using those hair shavers in salons. initially cry like mad, but since 18m he's quite ok, now dun even cry.

there's 1 gal in zephan's class who wld scream at the point when she's handed over from parent to the teacher, but within 5 secs, soon as parent is out of sight, she stops immediately.. amazed!

Hi tingting,
ya i also use CB calming shampoo & bodywash for both morning and night shower. My girl also perspire a lot, and i spray insect repellent on her legs etc in the evening when we bring her out for her daily walk, so have to bathe twice a day lor..

Hi jasmine,
ya lor, my mother was suggesting that at night i just wipe jasmin's hair, but cannot lei, girl got longer hair, sweat and dirt accumulate more easily etc..

Hi esther,
my girl's first cut was at junior league. she didn't cry but she was very fidgety etc. Since then, my mother cut her hair for her.

Good for me cause free mah hehe my girl is willing to let her grandma cut for her (but she still fidget and squirm here and there) but cause free mah, no need to pay, so can cut more frequently/often for her, so each haircut session is much much shorter, so quickly trim before she fuss keke

Hi wendyg,

wah your boy kenna hfmd twice ah! my girl got a mild case few months ago. And the strangest thing is, she hadn't started school yet, and i alreayd pulled her out from GUG, so the only kids she interact with are her cousins who only drop by once a week. So we didn't know how she came into contact with the germs.. my guess is, when her grandpa bring her to the playground, some of the equipment there probably contaminated with any kids germs lor..

tingting,
which school is zephan in? skali the screaming kid is my girl haha

haha, i'm a mummy, that gal is only 18m old lah... so confirm cannot be ur gal! he's at Cherie Hearts at Eunos btw.
happy.gif

Know that this is abit late heehee

Some photos from YC's 2nd bday =)

Testing the cupcake first ...

984865.jpg

A small gift for the guest - Applejuz> Thanks for the template and contact. The cupcake was yummy!

984866.jpg

The bday boy and megan - look at their arms heehee

984867.jpg

The Pocoyo bday cake - q disappointing though cos the photo print turned out v badly but luckyily YC could recognise his fav cartoon character

984868.jpg

The moment

984869.jpg

YC and us

984870.jpg

Aidanee,
wow.. u r lucky. So fast Cayven could sleep so long during the night.
Kecia, now almost 2mth, than managed to sleep till 3-4am after her last FM feed at 10-11pm.

Skippy,
150ml is alot of milk... if i got engorgement, the most oni 100ml.
Plus now, after my confinement...I always go out shopping with Kecia & my mum.
ss drops again.

Cakey,
Keyon's CC communicate with me via a small booklet. And I gotta sign after I read.

Btw, Keyon succeeded in toilet training, after CC taught him for almost 2 weeks.
Now he could tell us he wan to shh shh or poo poo. So happy!

Seabreeze,
No worries... glad u oso find the cupcake yummy.
happy.gif

Happy Belated Birthday to YC...

seabreeze... how come you can get a pocoyo bday cake??? i was trying to get a pocoyo cake for my son's 2nd birthday too... (my son lovessss pocoyo) but i called lots of cake shops and they told me can't do it due to copyright issue *sob* *sob*

temple ...

prima refuse to do for me too even though i wrote in to the producer and gotten the approval (as long as the cake is for own consumption). sweet secret was ok as i produced the email but then again the quality SUCKS lar though the cake was yummy

ting ting

yc loves pocoyo so much so that he can tell you what is going to happen next when he watch the cartoon and when YC is angry he looks exactly like pocoyo - very funny

applejuz

yap it was yummy and pretty too =) value for money

seabreeze, the quality sucks mah??? but looking at the photo looks good to me leh.... heee...

i also wanted to write to them to ask for copyright clearance but due to time constraint, i just ordered a mickey cake for my son lah... heee

but anyway... thanks for sharing
happy.gif

Hi Tingting
Sorry to interupt this thread. I am looking for review on this cherie hearts CC. Have actually send u a pm. Hope to hear from u soon.
Tks

Hello mummies
Hee I popped on the 28th Sept.. Bb is 11 days early and actually its all my fault cos I went shopping and walking for 2 days before he is born...so a summary of my birth story.

26th Sept
Went robinsons sale and din buy much. Walked from Centrepoint to Paragon to buy my son's yogurt. There is no stock therefore I asked the cashier to help me to ask if Tanglin Mall has it. They did so I have decided to walk to tanglin mall. Before that, I stopped by Ck tangs to finish my voucher which is due end of the mth. I proceed to Tanglin Mall from Ck Tangs to buy the yogurt. As the yogurt is always out of stock, I bought 8 packets of 4 and some other stuff...It is pretty heavy but I figured that bringing it to the taxi-stand should be ok for me

27/09
Woke up in the morning and realise there is some light pink discharge. Got worried and called the nurse and she asked me to monitor and asked me if I have any pain. I said no. Within an hour, no more discharge. My friend came to my place to pick me to go for Isetan sale, which I spent more than 600SGD. Went at 1030am shopped till 1230pm, had lunch and continued another 2 rounds of purchase. I reached home at 4 pm, happily with my purchases.
Had dinner with hubby at Da Paolo and suffered mild contractions but not regular and still bearable.

28/09
Slept through the night with the contractions on and off...Woke up at 7am and feel the pain more intense and at 730am, more regular but still bearable. I went to pack my hospital bag and went to the hospital. In the car, the pain got more intense but lasted half a min. The interval is about 4-5 mins. By the time, I reached the hospital at 815pm, it got more regular and pushed into the delivery ward at 845am. The doc came and checked that I was 7cm dilated. Pushed me into delivery ward at 9am.
Was put on laughing gas and decided not to have epidural. Nurse asked if I wanted injection and I said no. The laughing gas helped me to distract myself from concentrating on the pain and in my mind have the worship song " Lord, we want to lift your name on HIGH" I was feeling high after breathing in the laughing gas.
Gave birth at 1034am without epi. I pushed for 15 mins and it was like pushing a coconut out of me and without epidural I can feel that I am going to explode. I pulled everything around the me, the bed handles, my hubby's shirt and the pillows around me. But it was all worth it. My hubby said, I almost twisted his thumb and when I was pushing, I kept not wanting the gas maskand my hubby kept wanting to put it back hehe

So Anders Phillip was born at 3.12kg and 50cm long. Anton is great and showed no jealousy. I asked him where is bb brother and he point to him when he was in his little trolley bed..hehe
When he reached home, he wanted to touch him and kissed his head several times... Till now, he is still very curious about him...He has been very independant so far so thank God for that...
happy.gif

triniti
haha u're so FUNNY. *salute* u for keeping cool head & go shopping until trigger labour but haven't pack hosp bag yet. hahahahaha

triniti,
Congrats!! Haha... u shopping queen! Hanging a big balloon still can walk from CentrePt to Tangling Mall!
So does baby looks like Anton?
Have a good rest!
happy.gif

Forgot today is children's day, Hubby brought Keyon to CC only to find its closed!
Happy Children's Day to All Little Ones..

Emmie
All thanks to all the shopping..my gynae said walking briskly and with long distance really does help speed up labour hee..If not, I wouldn't dare to go through without epidural

Wendyg
Cos my gynae said just 2 days ago before I gave birth that I have 2 more weeks to go, so I happily went shopping. I mean I dun even know what to pack hee...Just pack one nightgown and toiletries

Applejuz
Initially he does but after further scrutinity, he has bigger eyes, more alert, much lighter and lesser hair ( blonde while Anton has darker and more hair), sharper nose, pouty lips, less chubby cheeks, less prominent cleft chin and rounder smaller head.
Anders is much more refined-looking. In fact, looks like a girl hehe

congrats triniti! i'm also amazed u have the energy to walk for so long.. and to give birth without epidural! wow.. do post pics of Anders for us to see!
happy.gif

stingy, i had already replied to your PM. Let me know if u need more info.

been out of action these days cos went away on a trip to Aust, and just after we came back, Zephan's been sick. Just got diagnosed with pneumonia.. and i thought he'd be safe after the PD vaccine! well apparently there're loads of viruses that can cause pneumonia, and the PD jab only protects them against the more deadly ones.. Doc said at least the vaccine can eliminate the more critical possibilities.. guess that's the most positive part of the current situation.. now zephan's under monitoring, hopefully his fever will subside by end of tomorrow, and that his chest congestion n inflammation will be cured too.

triniti
really amazed at your energy level. I don't remember being able to walk so much 2 weeks prior to delivery!

Hi tingting,

oh no! hope zephan is feeling better. My brother-in-law's kid also kenna pneumonia two weeks ago, stayed in hospital for 1 week.. did Zephan take the Pneumococcal jabs? My girl's cousin didn't, that's why kenna pneumonia. PD say if took pneumococcal, shouldn't get pneumonia..

applejuz, i'm a mummy,

tks. zephan was warded 1 night on thur, but we discharged him yest cos he wasn't sleeping well n the hospital mostly monitored him only. so we're continuing the monitoring at home now. quite sad to see him change from an active boy to such a sedated and clingy one. today brought him to breakfast, n while he'll usually clamour for the toasted bread, we now have to coax him to take it.. hope to see improvement over the weekend.

zephan took the pneumococcal jab. the jab wards off the more potent and life threatening of pneumonia causes, but does not eliminate other sources, which i also just learnt are many others. docs still advocate the jab cos they can more safely eliminate the life-threatening causes. maybe that's a life saving grace that his situation is not as serious as what it would have been.

tingting,
oh dear... so sorry to hear that zephan is feeling unwell... hope he'll recover soon and be active again... praying for his speedy recovery.
btw. you and family do take care too and dun tire out cos I hear some type pneumonia do spread.

ting,
take care....which pd is he seeing? hope he gets well soon.

Seabreeze,
Thanks for dropping by with the books. Cayven slept after sucking til full. He must be overlytired.

hi cakey, aidanee,

zephan's much better now. beginning to see more of his former impish self..
happy.gif
he shld be going back to childcare tomorrow, though i still haven't decided.

cakey, yah, those pneumonia that are transmitted through airborne viruses can spread in crowded places. therefore we've ventilated the house as much as possible, and without using aircon. so it's pretty fine. though i think i'm falling sick cos of sleepless nights and stress. but am dousing myself with pre-emptive liquids.. hopefully can ward it off.. dun think my boss will be too pleased if i'm absent fr work any further!

Hi,

I see that many of your 2 yr old have gone to childcare...I'd like to put my DD in playsch or childcare next Feb..she'll be ard 2.5yrs by then (we're all residing in china now )...can anyone advise me on the difference between playsch, nursery and childcare? Preferably I'd like to put her on half day first and if she can get used to it, then switch to full day. Does childcare teach them anything? Any good recommendations for childcare or playsch in West or ard Holland area?

Hi weeee29,
My boy is in childcare (Toddler grp 18m-2yrs old)
CC was chosen becoz near my mum's plc, so not branded ones, but I'm rather comfortable due to its cleanliness & caring teachers. There's story-telling, singing, playing... best part, they toilet-train the kids.. hee hee.

hi weeee29,

basically, pre-school is split into the following levels:

-playgroup/toddler grp (18m - 2/3 yo)
-nursery (usually with levels 1 & 2) (3-4 yo)
-kindergarten (levels 1 & 2) (5-6 yo)

for popular centres, u may have to book a place early. u may want to first determine your requirements for childcare (e.g. teaching methods, specific areas of devt, location, price, etc) before narrowing down your areas of search. MCYS has a website of registered childcare centres (www.mcys.gov.sg) that you can check.

applejuz, they haven't started training zephan yet leh.. maybe too many newcomers so got to settle the crying ones first.. :p

tingting,
ya, for wat i know, they usu toilet-train 1 or 2 kids at a time. otherwise, cleaner has to wipe floor everytime...hee hee.

I've been thinking, CC mainly to take care of kids while parents work, their K1 & K2 will it be more inferior than those 4-hr PAPs that only has K1 & K2?

If Acedemically no diff, than better stay in CC till they go Pri-1, no need to re-adapt to env again. (hee... think too far hor..:p)

wendyg,

Wah, you keep secret for soooo loong huh.

Congrat on your no.2.

Will you try natural this round?

re:Child care
Recently, Ethan has been refused go to CC!! It's kind of challenge for us to bring him. He will cried and scream thru out to the CC. We're wonder wat happen. He loved to go CC before but recently changed his attitude! Haiz...One thing good go to CC is he learns lot of rythms and songs. He also toilet trained.

cmy
tks.. yes hope can go natural but only 70% chance. How to secret, tummy so huge liao. paper cannot wrap fire. kekekekeke

applejuz
my colleague told me that PAP kindergartens not v good coz the teachers are not paid well, so they may not b as motivated... dunno how true?

wendy, was also surprised to see u last weekend
happy.gif
despite us staying so near it's v difficult to meet up cos of our different schedules.. quite miss the times when both of us were still in confinement!

i used to attend a PAP kindergarten.. standard was much better than the community centre ones cos they teach u to write chinese words early. i can still remember the last page of my practice book was "swimming", in Chinese lah! complicated for a 6 year old back then.. so many strokes! teachers seem quite ok, but then teachers last time prob have the teaching passion..

applejuz, not thinking far ahead lah.. actually i may want to send him to a montessori school for K1 & K2, so that he learns the skills for self-learning. but will see how he adapts first. Kindergarten may be a good time to break his familiar CC env, so that transition to a primary school will not be so bad.

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the info...Playschools seem to be more exp than childcare isit???

Anyway, I'm trying to do a BP for lead swabs..this is a test kit for testing the presence of lead in toys...if you all can remember, Mattel has recalled millions of toys recently due to the presence of lead...for the safety of your kids, please consider this...Would hope to get more orders so that BP can go thru

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1014865.html?1192166462

Wendyg
I put on about 6.5kg but that's because Anders was 11 days early, if now I might have put on more..
happy.gif

Congrats on ur pregnancy!! How many mths are u now?

Just want to ask if any of the mummies know where to buy those mini fridges just to keep BM? I have oversupply of BM this time and now my fridge has like 20 bottles of 150-200ml each. I dun have enough space and I have frozen 4 packs and giving the frozen ones away. If any of u know any mummies who need it, please let me know

triniti
only 7m, but i feel like i'm bursting at the seams already..

are u looking for a
- mini bar
- portable mini bar
- deep freezer

i think u can try those electrical outlets like Courts or Best Denki.

congrats wendyg! so boy/girl this time?

guess I must be one of the very few mums left who isn't having another child.

Wendy, Congrats.. & welcome on board to b 2nd-time mummy :p
How's your pregnacy this time? smoother?

triniti,
So envy u. Got so much BM. Mine as miserable as 1st time... grrr...

Mummies,
Anyone's baby got UTI before?

Kecia down with fever last friday... (she's oni 2mth old!)
Went to PD near our house, she gave Paracetomol & Antibiotic..but next day got
rashes on her tigh & tummy. Stop the Antibiotics & rashes gone. Fever still up & down, go GEH A&E ytd.
wanted to do blood & urine test. Alamak doc like no experience, poke both her tiny hands
but can't extract any blood. In the end just did urine test. Urine bag not placed properly...
all leak & oni got 1 drop left to test. Detect blood & white blood cells & confirm UTI. Given Antibiotic Augmentin.
Today, no more fever. Think the Augmentin works...
but shall I consult her own PD to do a proper blood/urine test?

Haiz... din sleep for 2 nights, Zzzzzz

cakey,
Hee.. next year due. I think I am on d Q after Wendyg cos I dun even noe the gender yet.
happy.gif

Applejuz,
U take care & speedy recover for your gal.

Back