(2005/05) May 2005 Babies

my boy also jaundice for nearly 2 mos. Very anxious. also keno poke the foot. Ouch! I didn't want to see, so sent my hb instead. My bb don't cry, I sure scream one! Poor boy!

Caymom, I use First Delight Caterer. Food very warm leh. Cost, I think about same if you get confinement lady also what. But i strongly against CL, coz my first one not very good. And my poor brother and sis-in-law, had their 2 CL run away after 2 weeks! Suddenly left in the lurch. How can? So, i decided, no CL! My mum nearly freaked out when she heard that. Nag, nag, nag.....

Air con more costly, who cares. So hot liao. Told hb, he has to foot the bill man. I did all the labour already! His job easier!

Sally, i also showered while still in hospital. Nurse came in, cannot find me on bed. Wah, yelling outside my toilet door, telling me cannot shower. But by then, almost done already. Got another earful when i came out. Worse than my mum!

Batman most disciplined of all. Me the least. Yah, wait till old age, i'll be the one complaining!

Batman,
I really dread it each time my gal had to be poked to check the jaundice level. My heart sank when I received the call to re-admit her into hospital. I couldn't control my tears when I saw her struggling under the phototherapy machine. She was placed on her tummy and she hated that. Sigh... those were the sad memories.
sad.gif

<font color="0077aa">Sally,</font>
You are so cute. My mom watched me closely. My hair was so wet with sweat that she suspected that I washed my hair.
lol.gif
But after I blacked face and screamed at my hb over the phone, she realised that I may be having post-natal blues, so dun dare to nag already.

I heard that nowadays it's very common to have prolonged jaundice. Strangely, my PD was only concerned during the first week. She told me once the jaundice went past the peak, it should be safe already. Her instructions was to leave her alone, dun even need to sun. But hor, my mom and mil continue to do all sorts of things... put some kind of herb on her pillow, put some yellow powder under the pillow, bathed in herbs etc... anyway, none of it worked!

What?! You bathed two hours after delivery?! Really ultimate leh!

<font color="ff6000">cowandchick,</font>
First Delight ah? Hmm.. maybe it's one of the better ones bah. Anyway, dun think I will be catering. I also heard a lot of horror stories about CL so all along I never thought of it.

Hahaha... when my mom got worried about my post-natal blues, she actually allowed me to on aircon. So this time if I want anything, I will tell her, "I think I'm going to kena post-natal blues." Sure work wonders.
lol.gif

Kekeke.. the nurse must be really shocked to learn that you were showering. You are also another ultimate one. Actually I dun feel like showering in the hospital leh. Fully aircon, dun feel sticky at all mah.

I helped took care of celia during her confinement and the food was really tasty...just minus all the junks and fast food we used to eat only....

We boiled lemongrass and ginger peel water to bathe and chinese herb to wash hair if needed.

I am starting a blog to put my recipes online soon...

BTW, if you have BF issues, you are welcome to ask Celia, she's a breastfeeding counselor.

<font color="ff0000">Cowandchick,</font>
I dun have the yucky feel after delivery leh.
lame.gif
Maybe I am just plain lazy....
lol.gif

<font color="0077aa">Danny,</font>
Wow, you can double up as a CL.
happy.gif

Ok, will consult Celia if I have any problems in bfg.

Sally,
My hb has yet to ask my fil about the motorbike. I think he will only ask if we see him over the weekend, my hb is always very slow when I ask him to do things.

Anyway, we went to pump petrol at ExxonMobil last night and saw the same bike in the Smiles rewards redemption catalogue. We suspect that my fil may have redeemed his Smiles points for the bike. He has the habit of redeeming things to give them to us. You can refer to this link (pg 10) for the pic of the bike. The points required are 1600.

I will ask my hb to confirm with my fil.

<font color="ff0000">cowandchick</font>
wow, you so darling le. Take shower after birth. aiyo, I don't dare to move le. The stitches are so painful.
Oh, I din know that Jaundice can be so serious. I tho it will go away after the morning sunshine in the first week.

<font color="0000ff">danny</font>
You also have blog ah. me too..now I siao doing blog and start doin the collage. Feel very fun do it. I even backdated my blog from 2001...haha

maybe I more dirty. Anyway, just felt i HAD to shower. Feel so much fresher after that leh. Not so grumpy.

Danny
so nice of you to share confinement recipes. Not confinement can eat or not ah? My mum say i siao already, like confinement food so much. She say very heaty to take.

batman
where you blog ah? i also want to start one, but dono how leh. How you backdate? Can ah?
So much to learn...

Cowandchick,
I agree that we will feel less grumpy after having a nice shower. But I am not so garang to totallly ignore the confinement rules.
lame.gif
I will be doing confinement at my mom's place. My hb told me that he can secretly smuggle me home to bathe if I cannot take it.

Sally,
He is more attentive these days, maybe he is worried that I will develop post-natal blues and use him as 'chu qi tong'.
lol.gif

Hi cowandchick,

During confinement the mommy can eat as much heaty food as possible, but amazingly after the month period, the heatiness would start showing up. It was true for my wife Celia, but since I share all her meals, I ended up having more pimples than she had.
Some of the confinement dishes in my family can be enjoyed throughout the year though.

Danny,
I also heard that we can within the heatiness during confinement. My mom and sil shared of my confinement the last time and they kena constipation whereas I'm perfectly fine. Do you practise 28-day or 40-day confinement?

Sally,
My hb finally checked with fil already. As suspected, he redeemed his Smiles points for the motorbike. He mentioned that the bike should be available in places like Baby Hyperstore in Kaki Bukit.

Caymom, thanks for checking. Will go check around. In fact there is a BP on, but dun like the design of the motorbike. Hb said Tai Sing got too, hence might check out there too, but then will need to bring A along to try.

Sally,
No problems. Oh, there is a BP currently? I think it's good to let A try out the bike first.... you want it to be a surprise, is it?

Caymom, no need to surprise him cos I doubt he will catch it... kekeke.... He likes this from Toyrus but super huge n ex for him..... hehehe.
789051.jpg

BP ones not nice lei for motorbikes.

caymom, if i remember correctly, abt S$200-300. Too ex. N I think it stated there for 4 years.
ME just get a cake for his school. Then bring him to Desaru for 3 days.

Sally,
WOW, so ex ah.... cay's bike doesn't look that ex. I think definitely less than $100 bah.

Good that A can celebrate bdae with his classmates. I remember I love to do that when I'm young.
happy.gif

Caymom, ya lah veri ex. Hence not worth to buy. Dun noe he will cry or not when he cut the barney cake tomolo. kekeke.

Sally,
Wow, you getting him a Barney cake. Where you order from? Opps... let's hope this time he won't cry.

My hb thought of getting one from Prima Deli. cay saw the picture when we walked past and was really excited. But I really see no point lah... because such cake min 1kg, I dun think we can finish since we are not having a party.

Cow n chick!! yes, clara is a 05 05 05 baby! we rented a suite at a club beside downtown east.. jus back fr celeb clara's bdae! sadly she is ill, still recovering fr bouts of flu n fever.. sigh.. so she had a cranky 2nd bdae!!

me n my mom oso ill, i had gastric flu n mom had bad bad cough... v bad timing to be sick at this time.. but heard many ppl sick too... sigh. hope we all get well soon.

hi caymom,

it was quite a family affair, clara's party. the only FUN part was our trip to explorer kids at downtown east. u see, clara was ill. the whole grand plan of being near the sun, sea n sand was all down to drain. granted we were all kind of disappointed, but impt thing is for all to get well i guess.

Cownchick
i happen to know another 050505 baby too! which hosp u deliver in? hee. i was at TMC.

Bloom,
Happy belated Birthday to Clara!
happy.gif
Hope that you and your family get well soon. Any pics of little Clara to share?

Bloom,

I delievered Colin at Mt Alvernia. also delivered my girl there. Chose there bec near my mum's place, Lakeview! I think my sis also had her 2 boys there.

We had to celebrate Colin's bday 2 weeks early coz hb too busy to join in after that. Which was good coz hb came down wif very bad flu over the weekend. Heard there's a real fierce flu bug around, everyone take care!

So his bday was spent at home, with his toys and the tv. And i had to coach my girl coz exams start today! Sigh.

Anyway, hope to bring them out end of month, when both have school hols.

caymom, I got the cake from ecreative. Taste ok, not veri nice. But they do have nice designs for kids n they can do anything u wan. www.ecreative.com

batman, ya ya snapped when he's having fun, cos I noe for sure, wont buy cos too ex.... kekeke....

sally,
haha...ya, ex le.

btw, have you all toilet trained your little ones? I toilet train my elder son at 2yo, but my 2nd one haven't start yet..he's now 2 yrs 2 mths old. aiyo, i'm so lazy..

Batman,
I have not toilet trained my gal yet. My mom tried training her but conclude that maybe she is not ready yet. We intend to train her at 2yo which is just a few weeks from now.

Batman

My boy not toilet trained yet either. How to train boys ah? My girl could say she wanted to poo-poo around 2 yrs, so she used potty for her poo-poo. Passing urine, only after she attended child care, so around 2 and half years! Think, all the diaper money we can save!!!

Diapers:
I am using Huggies Dry Comfort for my boy now. I also like MamyPoko, but more ex. Pampers, good, but too ex also.

I think, must try and see which one suits bb. My girl could take Fitti last time, but with my boy, it leaks. Even Huggies Dry also leak!

Btw, my boy outgrowing his L size Huggies Dry Comfort, and I have one more unopened pack. Anyone wants? Can exchange for XL size too.

Hi Mummies, lately busy with work so no time.

Congrats Caymon! Take care & rest well!

Pneumococcal Disease
Hi Mummies,
Do you think it's advisable to take this jab. Coz PD has strongly recommended to take.

Back