(2005/05) May 2005 Babies

<font color="ff0000">Batman,</font>
My second baby is a girl.
My gal is attending phonics class in the weekends but we intend to stop her soon as we may be putting her in daily playgroup after the baby is born.

<font color="0077aa">cowandchick,</font>
Your gal is so cute to draw the countdown chart.
happy.gif
We should be sending my gal to my mom's place before rushing to hospital. If too rush, maybe bring her to hospital but ask my fil to rush to hospital to pick her. Actually, we are also considering putting her at my mom's place overnight when my due date draws near, less dramatic for everyone.

Batman
Wow, you boy is sure busy. How old is he?
Btw, what is Shichida? Is it subject specific - eg. Maths, English, etc? My kids don't attend any such classes, so I don't know anything!

caymom
Ya, she was sooo excited about the arrival of her bb brother. Waited 8 years for him! ha ha! Is your girl used to staying at your mum's place? She may feel left out from all the action!

Well, take care, and let us know when bb comes!

Cowandchick,
Wow, can feel the excited in your gal. She accepted the little bro so readily. I am kinda worried that my gal will have sibling jealousy towards the bb. Currently she is the only grandchild at both sides of the family.

My gal has no problems staying at my mom's place. In fact, we only started bringing her home every night after we got our car recently.

Sibling rivalry is more apparent when age group very close. My girl is a good 8 yrs older! Also, she had been asking for bb bro or sis for so long, was very happy when one came along.

But, they will still fight. And my girl feels a bit left out initially when all the attention was on her little bro instead of her! She's had all the attention for 8 years after all.

Cowandchick,
At first I thought the jealousy would be more since she enjoyed sole attention for so long but then again, she should be old enough to understand that baby brother needs more care and attention.
happy.gif

My gal is entering terrible two soon, really dunno how she will react to the baby. At the moment, she looks rather excited, always requesting to see my tummy and play with meimei. She likes to play peek-a-boo. She took my belly button to be meimei's eyes and cover for her. So funni when I see her playing with meimei, I mean my tummy.
happy.gif

My brother bot a toy for his older kid when #2 came along. Said the toy is from his younger brother. Just a way to show that the didi loves him. You mite want to do the same for your girl.

My brother's kids are also 2 years apart.

My elder son is 6 yo and my 2nd son is 2 yo. They are 4 yrs apart. During the first few yrs,I feel so tired but when my elder son is abt 3 yrs plus. I feel it's time to hv another one so that they hv partner to play wif.

When my #2 came, we also thking of buying presents for the both kids and told them it's their bro's gift for them.

Shichida
It's about right brain training. They do linking memory, eye training, Maths, flashcards, telephathy, 3D imaging, photo memory, etc...

wow so many postings suddenly......

Thanks Caymom for updating the table!

Shall we add in the Tods' names? So we can noe each other better........

Oh n their DOB too?

Cowandchick, good that yr boi is adapting well in CC. Yes HFMD is a big worry for everyone. Now I veri paranoid if we going out n he touches this n that... will clean n clean... heehee. My boi also turning two next week. Show us the pics of yr boi in his new ride-on.

Caymom, yr gal looks so cute in the motorbike. Can see that she is so thrilled in bike...... her grandfather veri nice lei. wow u veri hero lei... tummy so big still got energy to bring her to zoo. Model Mommy.

wow batman, u busy mom bringing yr kids to the enrichment classes....

Sally,
Wow, you are really my loyal reader.
happy.gif
I was surprised that my fil actually bought her the scooter. My first thought was if no special occasion give scooter, then bdae what will he give?? I am worried he will spoil cay lor. Sigh.

I think I was crazy to suggest going to the zoo that day. Luckily we only walked for a while. During our first few trips, cay didn't seem to understand what she was watching. Now she is more interested. My hb wants to renew the membership but I'm getting bored of the zoo. Besides, where got time once #2 is out? I thought maybe wait until #2 is older, at least she can enjoy the trip as well.

You are welcome. Adding the names and DOB in the table is no problem but dunno whether the others are ok with it.

hi mummies, normally i go to the apr/may/june thread(altho also not active contributor hee). jus realised we have a may 05 thread. haha. clara turning two years old this sat. and yes i will be keen on a zoo trip too!! but must be weekends cos i'm FTWM. will check back for more info.

Hi Bloom,
Welcome to the thread!
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Baby </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cowandchick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bloom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sallyngsj</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zu</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leen</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessed Light</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol </TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Zion/Tiong Bahru</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny Hong</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Jurong </TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Caymom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>San</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celia</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessica</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Batman</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Bloom,
You are welcome. Yah, it seems that most mommies are located in the north. How are you going to celebrate Clara's birthday?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Baby </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cowandchick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bloom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Simei</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sallyngsj</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zu</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leen</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessed Light</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol </TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Zion/Tiong Bahru</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny Hong</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Jurong </TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Caymom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>San</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celia</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessica</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Batman</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

wow, just away for while and so many posts!

Sally,
good idea to add tods' names. Mine is Colin. Hmmmm... seems like many kids here have a 'c' name?!

zoo
Will update on proposed trip. My boy has hols on 30 may, which is a wed. My girl also on school hols then. next day is public holiday - vesak day. but can't do weekend leh. Anyway for you to join us then, Bloom?

Bloom, your girl also 05-05-05? My boy is! Such an easy date to remember, isn't it?

Shichida
Are they still on the right brain - left brain thing? Oh, I thot they've moved on to the quadrant brain schema!

So hard to keep track of all these things. Maybe that's why i don't really go for these - too confusing lah!

Hats off to you, batman, for your perseverence and energy!

cowandchick,
Yeah, I agreed too. 050505 is easy date to remember.

Shichida-i'm just trying my best to gif them while I can for now. I personally feel that before 6 yo is their precious moment to learn more things. And also I have a 6 yo boi so I can alrdy start to feel the pressure when comes to schooling.

Here's my #2 details.
Name: Xavier
DOB: 14-03-05

cowandchick, so lucky... my due date supposed to be 050505 but sigh... he delayed n onli willing to pop out on 090505 after 27hrs 54 mins of labour with no epidural n drip. Crazy hor.

K my boi is AKINESH, DOB 09052005

caymom, my hb lah... besides me kept telling me to tahan.... me going crazy u noe.... but lucky din take any cos save alot on that... heehee...

Sally,
Even so, it is really not easy. Peifu you leh!
Ask you ah, when pushing the baby out, the feeling is it like the bottom going to split? I heard that is the most painful part of delivery. I took epi so I dunno.
lame.gif

Also, the way to push is just like pooing is it?

caymom, ya the way of pushing like pooing heehee... mine quite fast once gynae came in cos he guided me where to push n actually the most painful part not the tear of yr vaginal part when the bb's shoulder pushed out cos the pain before that was so huge that already numb that area, hence when the baby out, the tear was like ant bite compare to the final stage of labour pain where the pain was enormous. Think my gynae was veri expert n he is the natural gynae whom dun believe in drips or epidural, hence he guided me veri well during the push, thus my tear was minimal, he could even ask me if I wan to stitch, i said of cos must la... cos he said some prefer to heal naturally as onli the surface skin tear n onli 3 stitches max. I first time kiasi, so i said must stitch. But dun feel anything when he stitched. I choose this gynae cos i wan it the natural way, first to save $ n second feedback said that the healing faster n u feel more relief after birth, not so shiong. N it is true compare to my sis who has dripped. I also scare of epidural cos I afraid the jab from my spine. Hence I tried to tahan lor. The worst part in my labour was when my dilation stopped at 9cm cos Akinesh banged on my cervic n could not wait to come out n made my cervical swollen. Thus another two hours of torture cos the midwife had to massage my cervic area to reduce the swell to make my dilation came back. It was nightmare that stage. After that, it all went so fast. After the process, my hb looked more tired than me cs i grabbed him so tight n bruised him during the pain n all the nurses n gynae commented that he was the one who went thru the labour not me. heehee

Sally,
Thanks for sharing. You know lah, people on epi usually dunno how to push. When I was pushing, I just push based on what I heard from people "imagine have constipation and push like pooing". In fact, I had the feeling of pooing during pushing because cay was in a weird position.

Your gynae is indeed very expert. I think my gynae is very supportive of episiotomy and epidural one. When the nurse told him I took epi, he said good. While he was stitching me, there was some screaming next door, he told me that if I never take epi, I will be screaming like that.

Your poor hb... but he must be so proud of you.
happy.gif
You are so noble, must tell Akinesh to be more filial and stop making life difficult for you.
lol.gif

Caymom, so u taking epi again this time? hb not proud la... just feel relief i din go for epi cos pocket wont have big hole... heehee....... Me no noble, i more scare of the pain in my spine for epi than anything.... the tot of it already pa pa liao. Hence tahan the pain to avoid that. heehee.... Akines's terrible 2s is driving me crazy. Sigh.... i already numb with his screaming n nuisance in the public liao.... skin veri thick already.... last sun, i was having lunch at a veri crowded food court n he wanted to come down from his high chair immediately when he finished, hence he kept sceaming n crying, me just ignored n enjoyed my hokkein mee, he cried, screamed n stopped then continued again.... others just looked... i just give up n bo chap. heehee

Sally,
I dunno whether I can tahun the pain leh. That time my contractions came super fast because my gynae burst my waterbag to induce me. I heard that once waterbag burst, contractions tend to be fast and intense, dunno how true. I have been thinking if this time the contractions are well-paced and gradually increase in intensity, maybe I can take it. Then my friend said that even if I survive the contractions, at the point of pushing, the splitting pain would kill me. Besides, I may not have energy to push after fighting the contractions for a long time.

After you telling me you actually tahun 27hrs, I can't help but feel very very amazed. Your threshold of pain is very high leh. My gynae is very encouraging towards epi so this time, I think very likely I will take again. Maybe he is scared of patient screaming and cursing and make him stressed up during delivery.
lol.gif

Talking about foodcourt.... there was once cay refused to eat her noodles in foodcourt. She grabbed the bowl and flung it. Luckily the bowl din hit anyone but the noodles spattered all over the table and floor. I was speechless man. I ignored her and continued eating my noodles. cay prob realised her mistake and she just sat there and dazed. She cannot stand mess and soon she started to clear the noodles on the table but the cleaning auntie came to clean shortly.

In my mind, I really dunno how to react leh. Should I scold/beat/shout? People were staring but what should I do? Clean the floor? Sigh. Luckily the cleaning auntie was fast, or else if someone slipped because of the noodles, I will be even more embarrassed.

It's also hard to keep cay in the high chair. Yesterday she stood up when she refused to eat. My hb tried to stop her but she clung onto him to get down from the chair. I was so mad that I grabbed her from my hb and forced her into the chair again, not forgetting to give her a fiery stare when she screamed and yell. She stunned and guai guai sit down. Very sian to do this in public but what can I do right?

Wah, Sally, you hero. I very low threshold for pain. Discussed epidural with gynae 2 weeks b4 my first one due! He was taken aback! Ha ha, this mummy-to-be so kia-si one!

Anyway, had epi for both. Cannot tahan pain lah. I thot my first labour long, you beat me to it! Mine was nearly 15 hours. The girl got stuck coz I didn't really have contractions. Waterbag burst. Second one also burst!

After 14 hours, so tired, told gynae to just "get that kid out!" So he got to use forceps lor!

Luckily my boy not so dramatic. Besides water bag bursting in early morning, everything else smooth sailing.

Actually he was due 9 may, but decided to come early. Good also lah. Easier to remember birth date.

Caymom
Ya, on epi, donno how to push leh. So scared push wrongly, my poo come out instead.

Caymom, ya the tods now driving us crazy with their screaming.... lately Akinesh also refused to sit on highchair. Ya sometimes I also dun noe wat to do with him in public.

Cowandchick, my waterbag burst first at home in the middle of nite, then called gynae where he asked me to proceed to hospital. But then dilation veri slow but contradictions like crazy n so painful. Me just tahan n tahan. Heehee.

<font color="ff0000">Cowandchick,</font>
Yah lor, I also scared that my poo will come out. I heard it is quite common. I had enema to clear the poo before delivery started. I guess even if got poo come out, shouldn't be a lot bah. Anyway, I heard that the gynae and nurse already used to it and they will quickly clear it away if any.

<font color="0000ff">Sally!</font>
With such painful contractions, you still can tahun all the way huh. You are my hero!!!

caymom, no lah... i also dun noe how I went thru. Oh where Cay got her motorcycle? Today saw one but colour is black n white lei, not veri nice. How much u noe? Thanks.

Sally,
I also dunno where my fil bought the motorbike. I will get hb to ask him. You intend to get one for A?

Sally,

I also pei fu you. I also didn't take the epi as I scare of the backache in the future. Luckily my first labour pain is abt 1 hr. I think I'm the lucky type as the first one is waterbag burst first.
Yes, give birth is like wanting to poo.
As for the 2nd labour, it's plan one so the doc actually burst the waterbag for me. I feel the experience of they help me to burst the waterbag is so terrible than giving birth. So this time round was even faster, the contraction starts to feel delivery is abt half an hr. The nurse is so shock, quickly set up the equipment and call for the gynae as I feel like wanting to poo liao.

Caymom, hb has been eyeing veri long liao but dun noe which one to get..... he said Tai Sing got a few, then he also saw at Toysrus, aiya he cant make up his mind.

ya lor, batman, you so lucky. Took like forever when had my girl. so tired and sleepy.

but, i got no epi, don't think i can take it! Hats off to those mummies who went thru without epi. I swear by it!

Sally,
I think A will look super cool in the motorbike.
happy.gif
cay looked kinda ah lian...
uhoh.gif
Will let you know after hb asked my fil.
happy.gif

aiyo, luckily mine is short. If it's longer, I will also cry for epi.

I will consider of buying motorbike, but my hse not that big. So I will drop this thking liao.

I thk labour is ok becos it's fast. But the confinement period is one thing which I can't stand. Can't go out, can't switch on the fan, can't anyhow eat, can't bath, can't wash hair, can't use tap water to wash hands, can't eat outside food. Even tho just one month but the feeling of like one year...haiz...still have to get thru of the milk engorgement...mummies, you are doing a good job mann..

Batman,
My house also not big. The bike is bought by my fil and will be placed at their place. cay has 3 sets of different toys... at home, my mom's place and ils' place. Kids are so fortunate these days.

Batman,
I also cannot stand the confinement. You din on the fan? I cannot leh. I also go out because have to bring bb for checkup and my own gynae checkup as well. The rest I follow. I washed my hair after 12th day. Food wise, I really cannot stand the oily confinement food. First few days still ok but for the whole month... I nearly went crazy.
sad.gif
I told my mom to cook normal food for me this time, no need every dish must be confinement food.

hey, i love confinement food! I live for confinement food.

My first bb, had confinement lady. Can't really cook. So when i had Colin, I got tingkat confinement food. Wah, every meal looking forward to it! Can't have enuf of it! I love Chinese herbs and all, maybe that's why.

I bot herbs for bathing. Can't stand not taking bath. Wash hair also, don't care. Also had to go out coz bring bb for check up. He was jaundice for first month. Luckily he's ok.

My living and dining area so small, add a bike, no place to walk already! Anyway, my boy zipping around in his ride-on his sister gave him. Must take pic to show.

I only go to see gynae after first month. But during my ds#2, I need to go to HDB for my 1st appt. Even i go there, I have to wear cap, long sleeve, long pant, shoe and socks. Majiam like dumpling. Cannot let the wind go in. Somemore under the hot sun. wow...can go crazy..

I very guai type. I switch on the fan but dun face me. I only bath wif herbs like 30 days later, hair also. But my mum said I also can't wash hair everyday even after 30 days. Have to be alternative till 40 days. Then tat time my grandmum is ard, she kept telling to eat the food when it's hot. wow, will sweat when the food is hot le...bui tahan...

aiyo, when i thk over, also feel scare...haha...

i super boh chup, esp with #2, where i did own confinement.

My own mum so pek chek coz I refused to listen, switch on air con some more! So she refused to come see me. Good also lah, no one to nag at me all the time - do this, cannot do this...

So i really enjoyed my #2 confinement. So peaceful, nice food. Wah........

<font color="ff0000">Cowandchick,</font>
Kekekekek... you are so funny.
happy.gif
Glad that you enjoy your confinement. Actually, I am ok with confinement food but my mom only knows few dishes so everyday she will cook the same thing. I eat until very sian lor. I considered catering confinement food this time. I look at the menu already feel happier but my mom doesn't agree. She heard from her friends that confinement food caterer doesn't use fresh ingredients lah, portion very little lah, food not warm enough lah.... basically telling me dun cater lor.
lame.gif
Besides, quite ex too. BTW, which caterer did you engage?

My gal also had jaundice and it dragged for around 6 weeks! I was so sad during the period, feel extremely upset to see her 'eye whites' yellowish. No amount of sun tan works... in the end, she turned really dark until we also can't tell whether she is yellow unless we see her eyes.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

This time, I really tolong tolong.... please dun let my baby suffer prolong jaundice!!!!

<font color="0077aa">Batman,</font>
Wah! I really peifu you man. Very rare to find someone who follow the confinement rules so strictly these days. I bathe with herbs after 12th day, though not every day. I wash my hair every few days after 12th day too. My mom also insists that I must eat when the food is hot hot. Like this already buay tahun already. My mom also doesn't dare to force me too much because she can sense that I'm going to kena post-natal blues liao.

<font color="ff0000">Caymon,</font>
Poor gal! "sayang sayang" I can understand your feeling. I went bk home the following day after my delivery, but my boy can't. The doc said need to observe as they inject the medicine due to lack of calcium. So about 4th day later, he can then go home after the doc said it's ok now. I feel so sad and miss him. I can also feel the milk flow but I can't feed him...haiz..
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">cowandchick</font>
I heard aircon is ok, better than fan. Fan easily get wind into your skin. But aircon is more costly la.

confinement
yup i hate confinement food.... heehee. my mom nagged n nagged to eat this n that.... sick of the food. N I used air con, my mom allowed. But no fan. Yes me showered secretly at times with hot water. When mom around, boiled the herbs lor. heehee

Caymom, wow cay also like A jaundice so long, n he even poke his feet when one month old to make sure liver no prob. So poor thing.

Thumbs Up for Batman. Realli veri peifu u for so discipline during confinement. Me after delivery, supposed to stay in bed for at least 6 hours. Me after 2 hours before my mom arrived in hospital, secretly when to toilet n showered liao. Nurse also shocked. heehee.

Back