(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

girls, i can make it only abt 1 pm plus, cos need to feed en before i can come out. if not, dun think maid can handle if she needs to feed en with wen is making a fuss. i hate it when she carries wen while feeding en.. i scared that wen will be scalded by the soup or porridge. i will just see where u all are at that time and appear wherever lah, ok?

jannie,
same here. i need to make sure that J is fed and taking his nap before i leave. He usually takes his lunch early at about 11.15am after he comes back from school.
If he's cooperative, i should be able to leave the house by 12pm.

You gals start first and i'll appear wherever and whenever also lah!

GAIN IQ PROMO
Guardian now has the twin pack plus a small tin going for $49.90. I'm going to stock up later.

jannie, my boobs did go back to normal size but they juz got flatter...n flatter...and then..poof! they r gone juz like that! thanks for giving me hope gals
happy.gif
really feel better hearing that the bbs wil stil feel happy seeing their parents upon a term of separation, really needed that assurance:D will u stil be at dome around 2plus?

folic, hows yx now?will pray that yx will recover totally real soon we were contemplating when to send elijah to playgp cos we are worried that he will kena virus more easily, he is stil sucking his thumb leh... then you know, we actually chose a playgp for him liao n i even talked to the p, juz short of filling in the form and confirming his attendance. he quite like the pl lor, so when we were leaving, ask him to get ready to go he gestured for us to go home, dun ka jiao him n protested so loudly when i dragged him out. so now quite dilemma-ed, dunno whether to send him now, or wait till his thumb sucking habits stop, which is dunno when..

bbgrace, thats a good offer, the gain iq one, thanks!hope i can get my hb to buy after work today:D and that there is still stock..

let me know the time and place for next Thu. i might pop by at my office for a while to pick up angbows, clear my mailbox and submit my timesheets. everybody thot we were gg to hve baby shower and collected angbows. my boss even called and asked me abt it. so paiseh bcos he came for M's baby shower last time.

We've decided on Vivo but which restaurant, dunno yet. Anyway, i'm not familiar with the eateries there cos i've only been there once!
So you gals decide.

sad.gif
my flat only be ready on the 11 apr 07 .. upset la .. still gotta waiiiitttt soooo loooonnngggggggg! and i hv no place to study for exams
sad.gif

qdee,
how long was your reno? 1mth+ already? eh, forgot to ask you lah, your reno cost, did it include aircon, electrical work, rewiring, installing lighting points, etc?

wat exams you taking?

45k excluding rewiring .. but they did do some re-wiring but very minimal.
this wk 5th wk.
so in total 6.5 wks.

fries, yeah lor .. on 9apr.. for first module, it's modular and the first is a short module.
can take later but i thot wat the heck get it over n done wif!

i think it could b better if we call the guardians and check stock be4 going down, and better still, order thru phone in case the gain iq out of stock, it seems to b selling really fast according to the staff when i called.

qdee,
wah 45K for 5rm flat! our budget for our flat is 40K, dunno whether it's possible or not...
sad.gif
and we forgot to factor in cost of aircon and electrical & rewiring work...

hi Lani, we paid around $24k for our 5 room flat reno in 04, tried to stick around this figure, and we really made sure the reno pple stick to it
happy.gif

hi gals, I am actually on leave today.. so went around running errands. Thanks for all your wishes. YX does not have a fever already. However, my mum said that her stools are rather pasty... hope not start of another donno what!!

Ok, let's make lunch at 1pm then? I was going to suggest this indian restaurant that has a $20 buffet. It is called go india or something like that. Alternative is marche or garuda, which is a nasi padang place. There is also a corduroy cafe, which also serves pasta/sandwiches etc plus nice cakes and pastry.

folic

i was thinking if 12pm i can make it for lunch n rush bck to office. But 1pm cant make it la.. sorry gals .. coz thursday is a telecon marathon with all the asian c'tries plus London in evening .. sianzzzzzzzz

lani, audrey, cant help it la. the Flat was in a TERUK state, very KOYAK .. so gotta do lots of stuff .. sad sad .. i see my pocket bleeding badly.

Hi Audrey,
Welcome! Hope u get well soon! I'm sure your kids will remember you! Getting sick will surely be part & parcel of going to school...hopefully not too frequent! Ashley has been going to fullday childcare since end Dec 2006--she fell sick abt 3wks after starting school (fever+cough, recovered, fever+cough again--total abt 1+wks)..then every couple of weeks come back with running/stuffy nose +/- cough. So till now, i haven't had a chance to bring her for Pneumococcal jab--either i'm busy working during the weekend or she's down with something...

Folic,
Hopefully nothing serious. Maybe just teething?

Museum & mommies lunch
Can't join u all leh...sorry! Got symposium on 5 May and class next thur afternoon...

Childcare
Finally after 3 months, for the past 2 days, there's FINALLY no more tears from Ashley during my departure! Today for the 1st time, she walked to the teacher--normally the teacher comes to carry her. And like i told Folic, no more Elmo for this week. I must say it's a great achievement for her!

Qdee
When you see your house nicely done up, you will be
happy.gif
happy.gif

folic & gals
My boss confirmed giving a promo treat on next thu (gotta give face by attending). Sorry, can't join you liao.
sad.gif
Enjoy yourselves!

well done ashley! omg, your efforts finally paid off. good job!

folic, i m ok with 1pm. i will try to arrive by 1pm, if not, i will just see u all at the restaurant. but hor, can we dun go for indian food? i am still refraining from strong flavoured food. the cafe with the pasta and sandwiches sounds good (maybe bcos i m a pasta person).

i also haven't bring en for pneumococcal jab.... anyone here also not considering this jab? i see the percentage affected is very small.. of course although once ganna will be very jia lat lah. i m not sim tia abt the $$.. just the ordeal of bring en for another jab. think he will hate me for a few days if i bring him now.

well done well done ashley!
happy.gif

Ok, looks like next thurs is a small gathering with me and the 3 'moo moo' mummies :D hahaa!

Qdee, thot u were the one who suggested 5th apr?? cannot come huh? Ok.. next time u must come yah?

jannie, definitely ok not to have indian food. I was only thinking of the halal choice cos i thot qdee joining. Since only 4 of us, we can decide on that day itself lah
happy.gif
there is also bakerinz which also serves rather good pasta. or we can go to eat hotdogs at superdogs. can you tell i live in vivo city liao? :D

folic

jannie,
compasspoint guardian oso no stock but they took my order.

i'm gg to bring J for his Pn jab... soon. i better stop procrastinating.

okie. on for next thu 1pm. a pity only 4 of us. eerr.. got secret receipe at vivo? i'm craving for choco banana cake!! :p

pax, got secret recipe.. unless my eyes are failing me.. actually i need to go make a pair of glasses cos i cannot see well when driving at night already.. sigh.. my $5K lasik gone down the drain after only 7 years.....

folic, bbgrace, jannie
my mom told me this morning that she can't "release" me next thu, bcos it's Qing Ming. she need to pai pai. sorry leh. u gals go ahead.

folic, reali sorry. Too bad got alot of meetings during the 2nd part of the wk .. cannot 'siam' coz i m running the project
sad.gif

Thanks everyone!
Today FIL will bring A to school for the 1st time (cos she's not up yet and FIL not working)...hope it'll be as "easy" as last week.
And Ashley went for her 1st "official" haircut yday--previously all cut by my aunty...not bad that she could sit quite still
happy.gif

Stephie,
Cherylin looks so different now! Still pretty pretty!
happy.gif

Jannie,
I'll definitely bring A for Pn jab cos she's in childcare the whole day!

hi girls...
I am back......but got sick during my last day of my trip (sat) .....so cannot go out yesterday......
sad.gif

On my last day of the trip, J called Cayden to chat with him...afte the phone call, my mum asked cayden " where is papa? " He said " on the phone" then my mum asked " where is mama ?" for a few times.....he kept quiet and then he said " I dunno, I dunno" angrily ...heehee....
hmmmmm .... I hope he will be fine after my 5 days business trip next week .....

bbgrace....aiyo....J & E looks so alike.....head round round.....cute !!

Pax....your MJ too ! looks same same too !

folic.....the mee sua.....is ...hmmmmm..hmmmm..hmmm.......yummy !!!

hi Audrey,
hope you recover from CP very soon....my CC got CP from me when he is 5 mths old.....big fat pox...
happy.gif

Hi gals! I had a great weekend.. nothing special.. jus one that I didnt feel totally burnt out ;)

qdee, don worry lah! i know how it is when works get going.

hey, shall we fix another date? since only 3 of us, a bit pathetic. I don mind meeting up with bbgrace and jan as planned, since vivo is so near. but thot we can have another date fixed where more pp can join
happy.gif

folic

i m ok to go ahead.. since it's a long awaited one. up to you girls.

what if we postpone to 1 week later? what is the headcount?

13 April
1) Jannie

hey mummies to girls.. where can i get those t-shirt material, slightly elastic type of pants? i have difficulty looking for those for wen leh....

Jannie,
For those wear-at-home pants, i got them from the Bobdog series--they have long, 3/4 and short versions--cooling and comfy t-shirt material. Not expensive also..maybe $10 for 3 or 4 pieces.

jannie,
i think pax ever mentioned that Old Navy has but i think those a bit thick.
I've seen nice ones online also at Jshoppers.

I'm ok with meeting this thurs or postponing. i just wanna go out!

bbgrace, i dun want to buy online.. i want to feel the material first, like what u mentioned, i dun want to get those that are too thick.

jannie, u can try fox.. they do have some.. but i seldom buy pants.. so i don really know.

ok, since jannie and bbgrace are dying to get out,
happy.gif
we will continue to meet as planned
happy.gif
Anyway, after that, my schedule is crazy.. will be in Singapore for half of apr only.

folic

jan - cotton/lyrca pant? i got some from clementi shop which sells those cut label carters & ON stuff. $3.90 for a pc, or $10 for 3.
I think Jurong pt also hv a stall near to Liberty? not sure abt the price.
Fox shud hv some too.
And i also know some Song & Song shop (like those at HV, clementi, BP) carries some of these cut labels.
I cud chk out a stall at BP plaza which sell similar pants but no label ones.

Jannie,
Like wat the rest say--Fox and those cut-labels Carters etc. Some of those carts selling kids clothes have some nice baby going-out clothes/pants. Not sure whether Okunishi has?

Phantom,
Welcome back! Where did u go? Meet J?

Daddy rejection
Does any toddler reject his/her daddy? When HB goes overseas, i'll tell her "daddy is working far far away". when daddy is back, she'll sometimes say "i wan daddy go far far away" DUH!!! I hope it's just a passing phase.
Or is it just how girls r to daddies?? Cos I see En's and Cheeky Cayden's daddy travel...Folic also travels....

omg, en has never denied his papa b4 leh.. he looks fwd each time his papa comes back. maybe ashley is feeling somewhat "betrayed" by the daddy cos he wasn't at her side?

thanks girls, will look for those stalls. qdee.. i will just look out at JP....

sometimes, N will reject daddy as well err actually she rejects daddy alot of the times and daddy is not even overseas!
She rarely wants to be wif daddy la, in her own words she's "all mine, all mine".

eh tell u something cute.
We were watching DVD can't remember wat it was, the hero was about to kiss the heroine and N went 'going to kiss, kiss, kiss' hahah and she clapped her hands!!!

omg, i think hor, tell your hubby don take it personally. :D those toddlers hor, donno wat;s in their mind. On some days, yx will totally reject someone in the family and it can be me, her dad/grandpa/grandma etc. Got one day, my dad was so upset, cos she refused to play with him and would cry each time he goes near her. Then he would tell him gong gong go away. he was so upset he refused to go out for dinner with us that nite. hahaha :D

folic

i m past this "upset abt being rejected" phase. en always chooses someone else over me cos i m always the one disciplining him. everyone else spoil him. he will only choose me over maid... which i dun see what relief it gives me. ha!

Cayden once tell me to go away and then cling on to my sister. Ya....agree with folic....dunno what goes on in toddler's mind....I think they are kind of confused...hahahaaa

Thank you mommies!
I would like to think they're confused! Hahaha! I'm sort of more relieved now!

Jannie,
Mine is opposite leh...A wants me ONLY. Mommy bao-bao, mommy read, mommy pat...even though i'm the only one who've caned her b4

Back