(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

Hey wenn, same same ler. I use mattresses then the elder gal like to walk everywhere and then stand and jump on mattress .. and i wash cover every wk ler!! I'll check out that osim thing. Thanks.

hoho, i dun intentionally let her boink her head, which mother would do that?
With 2 kids, one left, one right .. u turn right on the elder one and on the left the younger one busy then suddenly u head the Pong! sound .. so that's it lor... what to do, no eyes behind my head ler. Heart pain u know
sad.gif

Okie lah... don't bomb me on the mat/crawling thingy lah....
sad.gif
very sad one leh...
i wrong lah... more kaisu... maybe my gal doesn't came easy for me due to my medicial conditions... so i really try my best not to let her hurt herself....

ALL ARE GOOD MOMMIES!!!
happy.gif

hoho,
no lah, not bombing you lah. We're just opening up for discussion. Sometimes there are no right or wrong way and each baby behaves differently.
happy.gif

hoho, no one bomb u. No one method is perfect for everyone. TO each his/her own. Do whatever u are comfortable and able to
happy.gif

For coz, All mommies are good mommies
happy.gif
.. including me terrible mom who let N boink herself so many times hehe

qdee, forgot to mention that the iecology is actually a steam cum vacuum cleaner :p

hoho, i can understand your situation. me too had a medical condition. my GP was surprised that i can actually conceive while on hyperthyroid medication :p

hoho no one bomb u. each have their own opinion. l
like me, ignatius booink his head on the ABC mat yesterday, wat to do? already happen. didn't wanna molly coddle him so just sat him uprite again, rub the head and carry on playing. he stun stun abit, the also continue playing. every mommy is gd mommy regardless of their own style of bringing up baby.

Fries..
happy.gif

Qdee, yes i saw the thread,but i want to know are there existing students or the time slot is specially for the mommies in the forum...
If got existing students, then i may not want to join them... cause the old bird will know the steps, and i don't want to be like blur blur like tt.. already very sotong
happy.gif
so may not enjoy the class - this is what happen to my cousin's friend.

U leh?

talking about bumping the head...
yesterday....i let C sit on the ABC mat and play.....and i din support him...cos he is still wobbly in sitting.....and i see him falling backward.....and i just let him bang his head......haha.....he sat there stunned....cried...and i sat him back up again.....sayang his head ...and distract him with another toy........
well....boys have to be tougher...haha

phantom/fries - at least still got abc mat to absorb the shock. *sayang*
N forehead kena direct on the floor before. Heart more pain!
Not to mention Q fell from my bed 3 times all landing on her back! Heart more more pain!

Talking abt head banging incidents, reminded me of a friend. She accidentally drop her 1 wk old baby while feeding her. She was sitting on the sofa. Her confinement nanny quit on the spot coz scared she'll be accused of mishandling the baby.

haha, so many banging of heads recently
happy.gif
. CE too, crawled from his pillow to the side table and "kock" his head against the side table (over the numerous pillows and bolsters "fence"). he din cry at first... looked ard to see if anyone's ard to help or not... he din see anyone (cos i was hiding), then he started brawling... ha, then i appeared and laughed at him.. :D.

qdee, i cannot imagine anyone dropping a 1 week old bb leh. did your fren fall asleep while feeding? my MIL loves to carry CE when he is sleeping.. then she will nap on the sofa as well... i also very scared that she will drop CE.. at least she has a sarong sling.. so at most his head will lose support for a little while and not the whole body if my MIL loosen her hold...

let CE try the dry pants yesterday... i liked the prints very much, but it leaked in the morning leh.. maybe CE urinated too much last night cos it was his last morning pee that leaked. but overall, the pants look comfy on him... unlike huggies.... i haven't try mamy poko though....... anyone knows how much the big pack of dry pants L size costs and how many pcs? went to NTUC the day b4 and they din have L size on the shelf, nor the prices....

Phantom, any tips on MPEG editing software? i just need to cut short the MPEG files....

Hmm, now that you all are on the topic of head banging. My poor gal fell off her stroller 2 weeks ago. I was preparing her bath so I put her on the stroller. Reason was that the day before, I put her on the mattress, she rolled about and knocked her head on the floor and ended up crying.

So i put her on the stroller, thinking it will be better. And I didn't buckle her up, thinking she wouldn't be able to get out of the stroller.

After preparing the bath, I came out and saw an empty stroller. Then I looked on the floor. There she is, lying on the floor on her tummy and she smiled at me when I rushed to her.

Now...I don't know if she had hurt herself. I didn't find any bruises anywhere. Till now, I'm still puzzled as to how did she get out of the stroller.

My hubby said she climbed out of the stroller herself. She's only 6 months old. And she still can't crawl yet. So how can she climb out of the stroller?

-_-"

jannie...
forgot to answer you on the similac.....no problem for me....i got transport to work every morning......so not heavy at all......
happy.gif

on the MPEG software...i had that before....let me look for you.......

dainty...
maybe she was doing mini crunches...with the momentum......she lunges forward and out of the stroller...?! good girl.....she din cry !

phantom, I don't know leh.
The thing is she didn't cry worries me more. Hahaha
don't know if she hurt herself or not..keke

phantom, then can u help me buy 4 tins? not urgent.. anytime this or next week is fine. just let me know when u have gotten and i will drive pass your workplace to collect from you. thanks alot for your help!!

dainty, your girl very tough!!!

want to tell u girls that my boy knows how to retaliate already... he was sucking his finger yesteday and i took his finger out and beat his hand. and u know what???!!! he beat me back!!!! dunno if he really knows or is just flapping his arms hard so that it seems like he is beating me.. but sure got a good laugh out of it...

hi all
happy.gif

Big Bookshop having road show at Funan 1st floor outside Pasta Mania. Saw the following books (smaller sized version) going for $12.90 each. I remembered Kino selling for more than $20.

Baby Play (Gymboree)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0865734348/qid=1128491206/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-3000478-4868929?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Toddler Play (Gymboree)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0865734356/qid=1128491206/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-3000478-4868929?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

hmm the books look good...
maybe shld find a day and go down to have a look..

wenn, when is the road show ending ah?

jannie...yah..she's very strong too...
i've got a blue-black wrist when i bathe her...
cos she kept kicking her leg against the tub and my hand was behind her back supporting her...

thus my hand was always crushed between her back and the tub....*ouch*

wenn..ooo but i tot of wanting to have a look and see see...

i would be going clarke quay tomolo...i see if i can pass by b4 that..

if i can't then maybe can ask u to buy for me..:p

wenn - dun tempt me heh .. i feel like getting the toddler book .. hmm

btw, anyone of u like Fisher price little people? Know here i can get the yellow bus?

Aiyo! All the poor little BBs who boink their little heads! But i suppose the little knocks make them stronger & hardier!
happy.gif

Hi Dainty,
Once at Ikea, i saw a Jap little girl also landed on her buttock from the pram. I think she slide herself off the pram (seatbelt not on). U have a little tough girl!
happy.gif

Hi Qdee,
Paisey! Pardon me for confusing Q & Nayli!
I never thought u'r overprotective leh..heheh! Actually I quite like ur way of bringing up kids
wink.gif
Childcare sure got germs flying ard lah...poor kids..always one coughing after the other. Every day when i take train i'll see a pair of little sisters going to childcare...every single day the younger one will be coughing away. I hear liao also heart pain!

Hi Fries,
I've yet to show the website to HB. Dunno wat he'll say abt the plasma cluster then. He was soo on that time..everything also wanna have plasma cluster (incl fridge)! Yday i so paranoid..didn't turn on the purifier/ionizer
lame.gif

Just back from NTUC. Saw Pampers Premium Fit & Day at $55.45 for 2 packs. Dun think is that cheap as the earlier promo??

Jannie, think you were the one asking on the drypers diapers. The L size comes in 36 pcs and cost $18.60.

hi gals, been a few days didn't come in liao.

QDEE,
know that its a bit too late now, but still hope that Q has recovered and won't happen again
happy.gif

lbs,
how's ray now? feeling better i hope, take good care of yourself too.

phantom,
sayang *Cayden*.. hey you are a tough mummy, give me i sure heart pain. E fell again from the bed yesterday, before i can "hop" him. *sigh* this is the 3rd time liao. really angry with myself, i must be the worst mummy around!

dainty,
hi
happy.gif
you're new in this thread? can intro yourself a bit?

fries,
i'm pretty keen on the playgroup thingy. keep me posted hor, and i will let kristen know too.
wink.gif

you're getting the playmat too!
happy.gif

jenny,
ahh your wish come true, got pooh playmat now!

omg
oo! how did the jap gal slip through the pram???

ribena
hmm yeah can consider new...:p
cos normally i only "loiter" around reading the threads....
hmm intro intro...
me 27...gave birth to my little Kristy on 31st March 2005...
happy.gif

nice meeting you all...

hi ribena
yeah will be getting the playmat if it's cheap enuf. i think a lot of mommies also like dat. if less than $100 then will buy. luckily my hb say OK! he also dun quite like abc mat. so how's ernest liking his bumper mat?

hi omg
well...the plasma thingy kills single cell organisms rite...? we got gazillions of cells...maybe it'll take gazillions of years to affect us. hahaha

So how are we progressing on the playgroup huh?
Gymboree, BJC, kindermusik, what else what else?

Fries, your exams over already?

Omg, u like my parenting style? I have no style leh.. hahaha just anyhow chin chai.

Gymboree... $34 is for the gym right...
$28 is for play & music...
i also want to go leh... but hor... their timing a bit not flexible...

Qdee, u very fast leh...

Fries/ Qdee,
Can advise me, beside spinach, which other vege can our bb tried? brocoli, corn can??

If want to make milk shake, can use the formula milk mix with fruits?

Can bb take bread now??? Soak with formula milk one...

Thks...
happy.gif

Halo everybody, so quiet today really!! Hehe mommies all bringing little ones to playgroup ah. I've also sign M up for MyGym for nov. Oct's free trial full liao. Anyone interested bo?

We have Tiny Tykes/Waddlers classes on:
Thursdays 4 to 4:45 pm
Saturdays 9:15 to 10 am
Saturdays 4:30 to 5:15 pm
Sundays 9:15 to 10 am

Hi gals!

Fries, thanks for asking about YX. The doc was not able to conlusively state that YX is free of spina bifida. Basically, she is too 'old' liao, cos the bones have already formed and is blocking a good view of the spine. We are given 2 options. One is to wait it out and observe for signs such as urine incontinence, contispation or spasm of the legs. The other is to go through MRI to confirm once and for all. The advantage of this is that we can know for sure is she is ok or not and that if not, treatment(surgery) can be given earlier for better results. The disadvantage is taht she will be placed in those machine where she has to stay really still and so will be given some sedatives. We will think about it (most likely will do) and then decide after the Taiwan trip.

Qdee, kpo huh? not u/s for ME!
happy.gif
So what time is your class at gymboree?

hoho, YX has tried spinach, peas, corn carrots sweet potato.

Oh one more thing.. my pui pui YX has lost some weight! Last visit to docs, she was 8.2kg. Now.. 7.95kg! Must go fatten her up! haha!

folic

hoho3, sweet corn, asparagus, celery, kailan leaves, chyesim, spinach, watercress...endless
happy.gif

Folic, I hope everything goes smoothly for YX, she looks strong and healthy...hope she'll be that way forever
happy.gif

I thot u/s for u hehehe ..
kao_babydust2.gif

hey wenn u here??
The park piro not bad, might consider this or the one with the 5 characters sitting side by side... this is another design? Cant understand a word of whatever's on that website!
I like the DIno too but if less than 130 then i'll consider it. Coz the smsmworld selling this too right?

Hi Folic,
Hope that YX is fine
happy.gif

Hi Qdee,
I think Park Piro was in the SmSmworld bulk purchase. Yah, I like the one with 5 chars sitting side by side too. Not sure if Smsmworld got dino village.

Hi Hoho,
I was at Mothers Work just now. Leapfrog has got 20% discount.

qdee, wenn,

dun think smallsmallworld have the dino or dino park anymore. It was available in the first bulk purchase i organised but subsequently the supplier said stop production liao so no more... so sad.

Hi Qdee& Folic,
Thks! u have knock me to awake...
How about bread?

Wenn, motherworks 20%,i think does not apply to the little touch... there is another thread on this....hmm... maybe will go down and have a look...

hoho, i started giving bread to CE when he was abt 4 plus mth. Just give little bit by little bit. I din soak in milk cos his saliva is usually enuff to soften the bread for him to be able to swallow. nowsdays, he can take some oats cereal for BF, followed by abt 1/2 slice of bread...

jenny, thanks for the info on dry pants..cheaper than mamy poko...

Qdee,
i also may want to getthe FP heehee..
too bad motherworks do not carry, otherwise can ask got group buy...
happy.gif

anyone working in raffles plc? there is a toy shop in the hitachi tower- action toyz, they do carry... can some kind soul ask got group buy...heehee

so fast u want to buy walker!!!

actually i want to buy the LP table:
http://www.leapfrog.com/do/environment?environment=leapbaby&ageGroupKey=infant

any comments? did not really see in spore leh.. hmm will ask the supplier when she calls me... (don't know when ah...)

Jannie,
Oh can give like tt... will try this week end...
Thks! i thought maybe soak into the milk nicer...
happy.gif

hoho yeah .. saw that . think can check out Toys'r'us for leapfrog products coz i dun see any other places which carry this brand extensively. If u know of any other places let me know
happy.gif

Think now can buy walker lah. If too late no pt.
Last couple of days i held N's hand and she can take a few steps already .. think she's ready for walker in the next couple of wks ??

Back