(2004/04) April Mummy

Ann,

Did not remove Ryan's diaper. Do I have to do that first? Your gals very chubby and cute.

Cutecute,

Your 2 boys look really alike and really know how to pose eh?

Hi Ann & Angel
I also hv not remove JiaXu's diaper yet.
Yes.. they look alike. Got many pattern poses on their own one...

Hi Angel & Cutecute
When i toilet train Val i took off her diapers and let her wear panties. I bring her to the toilet every hr even if she don't pee.. Starting was very messy cause she always pee on the floor..
I come across this book by Tracy Hogg that also said is better to remove the diaper..Also bring the child to the toilet instead of asking them if they need to go. Remember the book also said girl normally faster than boy..So not to worry

Hi Maple
Can i ask if G is toilet train at night? Recently val have been waking up in the night and her diaper all wet and sometimes even the bed..I'm thinking of training her in the night too but donno how to go by.. She always take her milk b4 sleep.

hi Cutecute
Really the boys are so alike. So nice, baby boy eyes very big & round.. Both my girls eyes small small like me..hehe

Is the childcare JiaXu attending good? Cause i just saw his uniform than i did consider b4 this school at simei..

Maple,
thx for ur concern. En has adjusted well to school already. in fact, it's my presence that coz him to cling on to me more. so i bring him there and leave as soon as i can. otherwise he will want to cry.

a pic of my boy when he was one mth old. no time to upload the recent one. very busy with 2 now. esp if their nap times are different.
663654.jpg

First of all, Cutecute, Ann, Home,
All your boys and girls are so cute! JX is so smart and handsome in his school uniform. Val & Varlyn (sp??) are so cute & chubby. En looks so happy with his bb brother. I assume there must be a lot of fun & laughter with the 2 brothers & sisters at home.

Ann,
Sorry to hear that both u & Varlyn (sp??) were down with chicken pok. Good that both recovered already. To think positively, at least Varlyn does not need chicken pok vaccine and is now immune from chicken pok.

Wat happened to Val? Why need antibiotic? She wasn't down with chicken pok too, was she? Btw, did she take the chicken pok vaccine previously? You stayed with her in the hospital? Hope she is ok now. Fully recovered?

Haiz...last Dec was not a good mth for me too... Anyway, hopefully 2007 will be better for all of us.

Cutecute,
Poor boys, both down with HFMD. Glad they are ok now. How long they take to recover? Your boys got many pose patterns ah? Show more leh (if convenient).

Ann,
I have not night toilet trained G yet. Me lazy mum. :p To toilet train for the night, can start with bringing them to the toilet b4 they go to bed. Then hor, got to wake up in the middle of the night and bring them to the toilet too. Something like that. Other mummies, any advise/comments?

Home,
Good that En is adjusting to sch well. How is he adjusting to his bb brother? Does he 'helps' to take care of him? Loves him? Or jealous of him? So u taking care of both of them alone? Btw, what's your younger boy's name?

Hi Mummies,

Really a long time never read this thread. Work have been really busy......... Wow nice to see this thread moving... Hope we can meet up one day as we have been talking in the thread for more than 2 years and yet havent meet most of the mummies....

Maple

Ya I have enrolled JJ into Kinderland Playgroup at Civic Centre for 3hrs. It is nice but sometimes JJ will find excuses if he dun want to go to school... Headache man so young already know how to give excuses. He will tell my mum tat he is not feeling well then when reached the school will tell his teacher: Teacher, today I am not feeling well going home now. *FAINT*

Angel,

For toilet train, wat I did for JJ is to remove his diaper totally then bring him to the toilet once in a while and tell him tat next time want to pee must let us know... there are times he forget and pee on the floor then we will scold him and children will learn from there.... but when they go to playgroup those tat are not toilet train will wear diapers but then teachers will bring them to the toilet as and when to train them and for those like JJ who are toilet train, teachers will teach them to go toilet themselves so now is like whenever JJ needs to go toilet he just tell the teacher and he will open the classroom door and head to the toilet himself. So now at home he will go toilet himself too.

Cutecute,
Both JX & JH look so alike! Do they look more like you or your hb?

Ling,
Yah, hope to meet up one of these days. You want to organize a gathering? Maybe a CNY gathering? Any mummies keen?

Angel,
You've registered Ryan for the school? He's starting after CNY?

Mummies,
Have been sick since last Monday, down with fever, flu, sore throat, cough. Even G and my hb got the virus from me
sad.gif
. Really hope to recover b4 CNY so that I can eat all the CNY goodies.
kao_drool.gif

Maple,

Hee hee... this CNY I cannot make it as I will be going to Australia on 18 Feb and coming back 2 Mar, so it is like practically the whole of CNY I am not around.....

Maybe we should have one during our kids' birthday mth...

Hi Mummies,

Happy Lunar New Year to all mummies, toddlers & babies!

I need some advice. Any suggestions on helping a child overcome her phobia of seeing doctor?
G is terrified of seeing doctor. We tried to speak to her b4 going to the clinic and we've also bought a doctor play set for her. Doesn't really help. Any other suggestions?

Ling,
Wow, thats a long holiday. Enjoy yourselves. JJ will miss sch during this period?

Maple,

Ya indeed a long break after so working so long. JJ will miss two full weeks of school so I hope tat when he go back to school will not cry.

Mummies,

Happy Lunar New Year and enjoy yourselves....

Catch up with you soon...

Hi Maple
Do you know the main reason why G afraid of doc? Or she dun like the doc? I think it is the passing stage...

I still have not buy insurance for my both sons.. Thinking of ntuc but no agt...

Hi Mummies,
How were your New Year Holidays? The kids must be the most happy ones, busy collecting ang pows and eating and drinking their fill.

Hi Cutecute,
Not too sure the exact reason why she's afraid of doc. But I suspect the following 2 reasons:

1. She witnessed a doc drawing blood from my arm 2 mths ago and it sort of registered in her little mind as "da zhen" (cos the doc need to poke the needle into my arm). After that suspect she is afraid of "da zhen". B4 that she also cried when she (or me) see doc, but those cries are still manageable, not so terrible. But recently, it became worse.

2. Sometimes she refused to brush her teeth and we adults smtx would say things like "if u dun brush teeth, later teeth pain pain got to see doctor/dentist". Dunno whether this has affected her negatively.

Dun think is becos she dun like the doc. Cos she also cried when I'm the one seeing doc, not her, and it is different clinic, different doc. I definitely hope that it is just a passing phase.

Hi Maple,

Both reason you suspect maybe true..This is what happen to val when some snack and drinks we don't allow her to take we told her taste like medicine..In the end we 'get it' cause when she's younger she easier to trick her off but now she don't take medicine because we give her the impression that the medicine is bad and awful..So we need to train her and encourage her.

All this time she's ok with the doctor but the last time she get sick and was hospitalised and needed the injection after that when she when back for review she was crying when we reach the hospital. So guess her little mind was thinking and linking to hospital = injection
happy.gif

Re: brushing teeth
you give her the toothbrush for brushing teeth or you brush for her?

Mummies can i know whats the age to go school? Val still not start school and i'm not sure to send her to those gov sch(PCF) or those Private sch..

My sis who is giving tution told me that most of the mothers told her that gov sch(PCF) follow more on the syllabus when they reach P1 is easier for them to follow up..

Whats your view for Private school and gov ones.

Hi Ann,
Re : doctor
So how did you help her overcome her fear?

Re : Brush teeth
Both. Usually brush for her, but sometimes if she requests, will let her brush herself.
Is Valerie brushing teeth herself?

Re : Age to go school
3YO : Pre-nursery (some sch call it N1 / playgroup)
4YO : Nursery (some sch call it N2)
5YO : K1
6YO : K2
7Yo : P1

Re : PCF or Private sch
Would like to hear other mummies' views on PCF vs Private schools too.
From what I know, school fees for PCF is generally cheaper/more affordable compared to other private schools. Have no idea abt their curriculum.

Hi Ling,
How's your trip? Fun?

Where are all other mummies???

Looking for me???

Long time no see all of u.

A little update:
Cherish is attending 2hr playgroup daily.so far so good.Way before she started 1st term,we 'brain-washed' her by saying school is fun and make her look fwd to go school.

Celeste had been very attached to me and very 'active'.Somehow,it can make me go crazy.Her character is just as stubborn as me.The more you dun wan her to do something,she'll purposely do it for u to see.Faintz!

I believe the teachers at school might have mentioned toothbrush & brush teeth to the class as Cherish had been asking for toothbrush.I bought her one,brush for her before letting her play.Celeste has one too but she always dun wan to cooperate with me.Each time I wan to brush her teeth,she'll show me her tongue for brushing.heehee...

Wow cutecute & Ann,both siblings look so alike.Home,congrats on the arrival of No.2!

hi all,
a photo of my boys.
Ming En the small one and Yi En the big one. so in the end i call the big one En and the small one Xiao Ming!
happy.gif

716889.jpg

regarding school, i'm thinking of sending En to PCF next year. then when he's 5 yr old, i will transfer him to the christian base kindergarden coz i;m a christian. actually wanted to start him in christian sch nxt yr, but small one too young. i dun think he can take the travelling.

Rain_drops,
thx! wow.. u good life liao. both gals big already. that day i met cutecute and i just mentioned to her abt u. i still a long way to go!

Hi Maple,
So far she still haven went to the doctor after the last time(touchwood) so hopefully the next time she will forget about it. Bringing her for a jab soon..so see how she cope??

Brushing teeth i brush for her than while i brush mine, she will brush again herself cause i feel her brushing skill still not so gd
happy.gif

Hi Home,
Hehe, Same here my elder girl Yun En and the small one Ying En so end the elder one still Xiao En but small one we call lyn lyn as english name is verlynn..

As for school, i want to find 1 that is near my place either PCF or theres a christian kindergarden near my place and i saw a few of my neighbours going to that sch. I'm not christian not so sure if they teach the same as PCF or Private schools. Or do each sch have their own teaching syllabus(eg montessori).

Raindrops,
Wah..you indeed gd life le..me too still halfway and Verlynn is the challenging one..Sign. And same as you Verlynn character is almost like me when i'm a bb my mum told me i'm as choosing(eg food) as verlynn
How old is Celeste now..Is she 2yrs?

Hi All,

Ryan is now on full day Child Care. He started since last Oct (half-day) and we changed him to full-day during Dec.
So far so good, he enjoys going to school. But some of the morning he still cry badly when we send him to school

I am not sure about the different between PCF compare to those private kindergarten/Child care.

For brushing teeth, he refuse to brush currently, previously he brush while i brush my teeth too.
I guess I have to encourage him to start brushing again.

Cutecute,

i remember you saying that both your boys got HFMD..can i know how was it like in the beginning?

i'm not sure Val got it now cause i saw a small ulcers in her mouth and i think her throat. her voice seem sore. Does both boys got fever?

Hi Ann,

First you see the ulcers then u check whether got fever or not.. then see whether got red spots on the hand and foot. And one of my colleague told me tat u need to check whether the backside got red spots too as his son got it before.

Last friday, JJ was sent back home becos he got a ucler and so far no other developments.

Hi Ann
Yes, both of my boys got fever.
Agreed with Ling, check hand & backside. The spots are small & like blister & not itchy, when eating very painful. If not sure, better confirm with pd/doc.
Let us know the result.

Hi ling, cutecute

decided to wait and see cause there is no fever..Now i'm not sure if she's singing loudly too much this few days that cause her voice to sore or she's has infection of the throat..

but the ucler in the mouth i don't think she will bite at that part loz. Donno what cause it.

Does anyone know can our kids can drink those water(looks like plain water & is tasteless)..the brand is Three legs cooling water(sun jiao..) Is for cooling the body heatiness.

Hi Cutecute,

Yesteday night when to the doctor..and indeed is too much singing session at home cause her voice to sore..PD say too dry. Ucler maybe she's too heaty

Hi maple,
Yesterday brought her to the clinic she's ok..but i never go with her..my mum brought her there.. At home, i told her you must go to doctor to see what happen to her voice..i think i brain washed her..haha

Cutecute,
Happy 1st Birthday to JH!

Mummies,
How time flies, our kids are turning 3 soon! Anyone planning to celebrate birthdays in school?

hi cutecute...

oh yr younger son already 1YO .. Happy 1st birthday to him....

Hi Maple,

how are u and G ??
Yes .. in less than 1 more, our kids will turn 3. Yes, Ryan already requested to have his birthday celebration in school. He is also asking for differnt cake design every day.

Hi Maple & aloe
Thank you. Will post his birthday photo when ready..
At first we planned to celebrate JX birthday at his cc, but later my husband changed his mind cos his bd falls on Sunday..therefore will cut cake on the actual day.

Hi Aloe,
Long time no chat.

Haiz... not very good. G was down with stomach flu, high fever and vomiting y'day. Fever was 39.4 degree last evening and shot up to 40.4 degree by the time we reached the clinic, gave me a shock when I heard that from the doc. I nearly panicked when the doc told us to be on standby and be prepared to admit her to hospital if her vomiting persists and if she can't take in fluid. Doc is afraid of dehydration. Luckily, no more vomiting since last night, the high fever has also subsided, although she is still a bit feverish on and off. She is now on Isomil till she recovers from stomach flu.

Haha... Ryan so 'greedy', request for different cake designs every day. G too, ask her wat design she wants, she said I want this and this and this (pointing at the brochures).

Ann,
The last round when Val was down with stomach flu, how long she takes to recover? Has to take Isomil for how long har?

Hi Maple
That time JX was also down with stomach flu. He took abt 2 weeks to recover because he refused his new milk.. i switched to enfalac latose free, he know it said he want bear bear (gain iq). That's why took so long to recover. He passed the virus to his baby bro.. I managed to make JH drink enfalac LF, he recovered in 1 week time. I gave him enfaclac LF abt 2 weeks. I tried to give JH Isomil stage 2 but when he smelled it, want to vomit. haha..
The virus so powerful passed to mil, husband, bil...
Take care!

Hi, Maple

Ya will be celebrating JJ's birthday in his preschool on 4 Apr. I itchy backside went to show him cakes from the internet as I am thinking of train theme this year so went to show him the 3D train cake from E - Creative. Then went to causeway point to order the cake for his school and guess wat he said. "No, I dun want this cake, this is not the big train cake and dun even want to take a look at it." Hopefully next week when he see the cake in the school he will not be too disappointed.

Then for his birthday celebration with families and frens, I again went to order another cake thinking tat it taste better but now a bit worry if he is not happy when he see the cake. "ME NOW STRESSED WITH his reaction next week"

Hi maple,

oh dear..the stomach flu is around again..Val now have it. This is the 2nd day. Her fever is ok only for 1day+ but still having loose stool like 3times a day after feed. Later will c how after her lunch

The last time the stomach the flu was in oct and that time only 3days cause on the 1st day of her fever, she got a fit and was in hospital..so no food for 1 night..than the next day only feed a little.. So what i guess that try to keep the stomach not so full.

PD told me to to give the usual milk but not so much and diluted.

Hi Cutecute,
Happy belated birthday to JH.. Very fast hor..1yr already.

Hi Ann
Thank you! Ya loh.. very fast.. last year he is a mini small baby now he big already.
For my FD & according to chinese doc, give usual milk will continue the diahorea.. Yes, my PD also told me to dilute the milk.
Past 2 days i got food poisoning, led to stomach flu, no fever, my doc told me not to drink milk, milo & other food contain milk, carefine, eat less oil.
Take care!

Hi Ling
Now kids very smart. They know what they want & even request what they want. Not like last time when we were young..

Hi Cutecute..
Is his Bday March 26? JH can walk?
I really don't like this stomach flu loz..I hope my younger girl won't get it.. You better now?

Hi maple..
Did your PD give probiotic? This can helps too but not stop the diarrhoea or vomitting..Is just good bacterial replacement. val better now so far no fever but loose stoll after lunch but can c better than yesterday..

Hi Ann
JH birthday is on 22Mar. He cant walk & don't crawl much.
Btw, nobody like stomach flu. haha..
Me ok now.. thanks.

Cutecute, Ann,
Thanks for your concern & info. I'm pleased to inform that G has recovered y'day. No more fever, no more vomiting. Did not have diarrhea. Was back to her usual active, 'notti' self.

Ann,
Yes, was given probiotic (btw, this is the powder in sachet form, right?). Has completed the course already.
Good to hear that Val is better now. Hope she recover fully soon. In the meantime, it is best to separate the 2 sisters, let them sleep in different room if possible to reduce the chance of Val spreading it to her sister. Take care.

Cutecute,
Oops... pai sey... I remember wrongly. I thought his BD is on 26 or 27 Mar.

BTW, gals, is stomach flu = gastric flu???

Back