(2002) Any 2002 babies?

CL, ur shifu's cakes nice? Can sample or not? Hee... self-collect from where or delivery?

Hothotmum, my girl is having Math enrichment at the Formation centre. English and Chinese just do assessment books. I am a FTWM.

She stays in Tampines woh. She got no car so maybe cannot deliver. So far all says her cakes not bad. Some of my friends oso order from her

luanee - thot school don't allow them to bring cakes anymore? hee...didn't order leh.
I'm getting a cake and cupcakes from cupcake divinity.
I quite like bengawan solo cakes as well.

Just wondering any SAHM sending their babies to Childcare? I'm not sure if i should send my 15tmhs old DD to half day cc..feeling guilty oredi just thinking of it...

CL, tampines too far for me...

Cookiepie, AMK too far also...

Littleprincesses, oh yah, becoz of the H1N1 thingee hor, wow lucky man, hee... anyway u ppl know both our girls are in the same class and share the same birthday? Haha...

Joanne, the cakes are so pretty! And corporation road seems okie... But since I be having 2 cakes, I cant choose those too elaborate types else how to finish 2 of them? I got abt 30 ppl at my party only, all relatives. Got those twin-cake type?

no worries, we are in the same residential area mah...
happy.gif

hothotmum

English send for enrichment but no substantial improvement, scouting for another.
Maths & Chinese I teach

fz
How do you teach English to your boy?
Any hot tips?

littleprincess

I sent my dd1 to childcare when she was 2 yo, 1 month before I delivered dd2. I wasn't confident of handing both at home even though I'm SAHM. I withdrew her after she spent 22 months in full day childcare

yawn yawn,
no hot tips la. no actual teaching also.
i just get him to do assessment books and past year papers and then zoom in to his weak areas.
his weak areas is
I sing, she sings, he sings; etc - he tends to mix up when to put the 's'.
and also need a lot of reading/explanation on new vocab words.

for math, i am pretty weak at math concept explanation. i get my husband to do the concept and i do the reinforcement.
happy.gif

yawn yawn - thanks for sharing on cc. I pity my DD as she is left to play by herself (on good days). Otherwise she will cling on to me making it hard for me to do work with my p1 girl. still pondering if it will benefit her if she attends a cc or even playgrp. at the same time, i'll miss her if i don't see her..sigh, such a dilemma.

littleprincess

Maybe you can consider half day childcare?
When your P1 girl goes to school, you can bring your younger one home

I send my dd2 to 3 hours kindy so that I've some time with dd1. My dd2 doesn't want to attend kindy but no choice leh, very noisy if both at home, how to coach dd1 like that

fz

Thanks for sharing
happy.gif

My girl is weak in creative writing. Now I need to park right next to her to guide sentence by sentence, give suggestions on how to continue the story.

Hi hothotmum and everyone,

I heard a few of my friends say that homebased learning is the best. They use a website called www.idiscipulus.com. It was set up by an ex-VJC teacher and all its tutors are from top schools in Singapore. Some of them are even physics/maths Olympiad trainers.

Basically you do not need to have face-to-face contact with any tutor, which is good given the current fears over H1N1. You just need to sign up for an online account, buy credits, and post academic questions on the website to these teachers. Credits will be deducted accordingly when the questions are answered. It's convenient, reliable and cheap. Can try it out.
happy.gif

Regards

hothotmum,

I oversee my son education my ownself.
Cannot say teach coz' at time after work I do not flow up on his work alot. He usually does his homework while I am having dinner, ask for help when do not know. Whether he did it correct or wrong, I leave it to the teacher to correct.

His weak subject is chinese coz' he does not speak or read chinese at home, but surprising he managed to score the best among the rest for the test.

hi mummies

any ideas where to get skipping ropes? for adult & kids?
need to get my boy to shed some weight. he is almost 30kg now ... biang ah...

My dd just weighed herself this morning and she is 29kg, no wonder she complaint that her skirt of size 24 is very tight. Just 7 mths and have to change to size 25 though she does not look fat. Sigh.. children really growing very fast. But i like leh..

thanks, valerie,

u like your dd to be fat??
i prefer the rope type... saw a smh bp selling at ard $15, still considering, find it quite ex lei...

yah, my boy also put on 3kg over the last 3mths, like 1 mth 1 kg, so scary. he says he is the third fattest in class now... hahaha...

hi natellehcim & chicken little

my 4T gal also aug kid, so are all leo stubborn? mine very.. me too, planning to celebrate for her in school.

are you going to organise a birthday party for your gals?

Ya my girl very stubborn but her bd is in Sep and falls in school holidays. won't be holding in school for her..

My boy's is in Aug.
happy.gif

my boy is 'borderline underweight'.
at 1.2m he is only 18.5kg. wa!! last year is 17kg..so only put on 1.5kg over a year. :p
but i have been underweight for a long time until preggy with him :p

my ds2 is following my husband. at 3yo, he is already 16kg. :p

My leo boy has a very big ego. :p

wah... think my DS is the FATTEST among all... now 32kg. Is in his school fitness programme since Term 2, but does not seems to help. Gained 2Kg this June holiday.
sad.gif

My gal also 29-30kg ...she told me she's the fattest gal in class..LOL...Will parents be informed if the kid is in the school fitness program? I got to ask her form teacher during the parents-teacher mtg in june ...

fz,
my youngest son 3.5yrs old...just 14kg. ppl alway compared him with his kor kor..in fact he eat more than his kor kor...If i gave him a bowl of chicken rice, he will finished all the meat and then the rice..while his kor kor will only eat the rice and left behind all the meant..end up his kor kor look more ba ba..

ohohjazz,

Mine is a girl and weighs 31kg. And she is in the "Fruttikids programme". Will diligently eat her museli bars and fruits on every Mon, Wed and Fri but once she stepped back into the house, she is like one hungry monster and will eat whatever comes her way.

Valerie,

She is like me, we live to eat. But i think the school gonna weigh her again and they are going to be more stringent with her exercise regime in school. I worry for her...

ohohjazz
my boy is in the same range as yours. He's 33kg before school hols and now i think he's even fatter. When he accidentally bangs onto me, I can feel the "impact" ha ha!

fz, my son also about the same weight as your son, for mine, alot of ppl still think he is in K1 cos of his small size. My son also shot somemore. Think your son is much taller than mine..

Hi mummies..it has been a while since I dropped by..

talking abt my P1 gal's weight..she is abt 25-26kg..I had thought that she is overweight..but apparently from the health booklet..she is still alright..problem is that she has this baby pot belly..and she is starting to feel conscious about her waistline..I asked her to do more hula hoop..ha ha..

hi mummies, had been seeing you gals mentioning about weight. Yesterday asked my ds to weigh, he is 22kg, seem quite close to the kids here...my girl of 1 yr younger is almost same weight as kor kor.

Hi hi... my dd is overweight too. Just received his medical report from school health services saying that he is overweight.

Aiyo, sometimes I wonder... how come I know how to tell other kids but when it comes to my own child, it's just quite difficult. The "magic" is lost somehow. Perhaps, he see me as his mum unlike the other kids.

Hi

after reading all the post of your kids weight I quite worried my girl only16 kg same weight with her 3 years old mei mei . But my girl can eat alot. She even can share her clothes with her mei mei . What vitAmins did u give your kids. Think should start giving her vitamin.

Hello mummies,

Seems like my girl is the 2nd lightest. Shes only 19.7kg. I gave my girl gummy bears multivit bought from GNC. Im aso trying to get my gal to drink her Grow milk everyday b4 bedtime althou its not her favourite. She once said to me she dont want to be as fat as her cousin who is double her weight.

Hey mummies
Next week racial harmony day to wear ethnic clothes is it only our Chinese, Malay and Indian dresses ? Aiyo I only left a Kimono and all her cheong sam all given away

Hi CL
My gal's schl will be celebrating racial harmony day on Monday and is asking the kids to wear ethnic clothes. I rushed & went to chinatown ystrday to bought a cheong sum fr her cost me $20. im afraid she'll be left out if shes not wearing ethnic clothes as she mentioned its ok if she wears her schl uniform.

Joanne
I almost rush to buy at Chinatown too or even wanted to just buy that $60 bloomb ones. Lucky at raffles city got push cart selling at $18.90 so I bought one too

Back