(2002) Any 2002 babies?

Hi 2gals, most Popular should be selling it. Otherwise you may want to visit Casco publishing shop. It is a little bookshop in Towner Road, and believe they have 20% off their house-brands, eg Casco and Dolphin

my boy attended a tuition centre's creative writing over the sch holidays - 4 days. they didn't teach much. basically ask them to do a picture compo and then amend the sentence structure and a bit of phrasing. i am quite happy with my boy's progress. he has ideas, but his sentence structure need improving. he said he prefers to write based on title alone rather than picture compo. he likes to incorporate dialogue in his compo though to 'animate' it...i think he read too much Geronimo's books already. :p

hello mummies, have not been visiting this thread for awhile...finally my girls are back in school. They were given 7 day leave of absence for going to Bintan during the final week of Hol.

Hope all the kids are enjoying their 1st week of school
happy.gif
oh ya...have a wonderful weekend! Monday is a holiday for the kids
happy.gif

Wah..seems quite a few postings to go through.
Seems that lots of you are staying in the west.
I am wondering to shift to the west permantantly or not also. Currently staying at in-law's place on weekdays due to DS sch bus service.

My son needs to be "nagged" to ask him to do things - bathing, eating, school work etc... Think he inherited my hubby style of laziness to take his own sweet time to do things. 1 page of worksheet can do 1 hour *faint*. Not efficient at all. So by the time finished work time for bed already, hence no much time for assessment etc.

I also agreed that my son seems to increase in his waistline this school holiday..sigh..already over weight by 2-3kg..now seems worst. Now looking at how to reduce his weight and tummy size.

joanne - no worries ;)

yawn yawn - yeah, They will include as long as it's part of indonesia.

Hee, i need to 'warm up' to start the race for school again..it's been a long hol. have a great weekend!

Ohohjazz, how come my dd still just as skinny, holidays or not? Actually the spore govt should gazette Youth day (as well as children's day, teachers' day) as public holiday to promote family cohesiveness mah, hee...

I also think that my son put on some weight during school holiday..maybe no PE and CCA during this period.
aiyo..after the holiday..whole family feel that he become so lazy.

Hi Belinda,
my son also lazy during the school hols. Maybe I didn't 'force' him to do assessment or what bah... thinking school hols just let him 'enjoy' abit, afterall is P1... aiyo... abit regret leh... :p

Mine oso put on weight but the waistline still slim slim so no change. Maybe face a bit chubby. Put on a good 3 kg over 1 month.

So relax for her, only do a bit of assessment and most of the time play

my mum said that next school holiday will need to plan more things for him to do.
the whole school holiday he just went for his tuition classess and do abit of assessment that i gave him daily.
the rest of the time is either on computer, psp or just rotting at home.

ya Belinda, agree w u... nov/dec holidays is longer period. if budget allows, will go for a short trip, otherwise got to plan more things.. next time i learn... june hols do more things, end of yr hols, can enjoy more.. ha..

CL, how ur gal put on 3kg over 1 month? Think mine has been weighing the same for the last 1 year...

BTW anyone here knows where to get digital weighing scales for baking purposes?

natellehcim,
this june holiday. i took him to KK and somemore can asked me why i booked cheap airline. no food and drinks to be served and also no entertainment.
nowaday children are asking too much.
Told him if he wants better holiday in Dec holiday, show me result....think he wanted to go AUS - Gold coast badly.

Hi Belinda, KK as in Kota Kinabalu? What is nice there? Can advise so that I can plan a trip next time too..
happy.gif
My SIL is fm Sarawak, fm her description and photos don't seem interesting deh? Last Dec went HK, kids enjoy very much although I didn't stay hotel. Stayed those HK hostels, cheap and nice...
For flights, due to me and hubby, having free tix on SQ hence the kids got to fly SQ. If this time round fly budget they sure will grumble.. ha.. but no choice no budget for holidays liao lah...

natellehcim,
this time round, we choose to the natural...we went for boat ride to see fireflies, hot spring, canopy walk..totally out of the city....
we choose the budget airline becoz of the timing..aiyo, they have too much expectation.

btw, there are also alot of nice beaches in KK...

oh ya... so you free n easy? or by tour pkg? Firefly.. nice, me hv not really seen one before.. :p suah ku... me nvr stay kampung before so miss all those funs my hubby had been talking abt loh..
sad.gif

natellehcim,
i booked my ticket here and the package - full board from M'sia. We have our driver and tourguide..
If you are interested, i can forward you my itinary.
This is also the first time i see firefiles...so kuku..

JUST TO SHARE:
FREE Stargazing Sessions
Time: 7.50pm - 10.00pm every Friday
Venue: The Observatory (at the Omni-Theatre bldg)

Viewing Period
Jan - Feb 09 Venus
Feb - Jul 09 Saturn
21, 28 Aug & 18 Dec 09* Mercury
Jul - Dec 09 Jupiter
*Best dates

For more infor, pls visit www.omnitheatre.com.sg/stargazing.

luanee,
You into baking too? I bought my digital scale fm carrefour, $20 plus only.

mummies,
Taking about our kids putting on weight. My gal too grew fatter during the holidays. I had to burn midnight oil altering her pinaform belts the day before school re-opened.....LOL

I noticed she has more homework starting this term. Everyday, need to complete worksheets for each subject ...her & mine honeymoon period really over....

Have you started teaching your kids times table? If so, do you get them to memorize?

cookiepie,
my son started on his multiplication only from his tuition class.
He cannot memorized all. He just add on..I let him do whatever his is comfortable. I hope that he can find the concept.
My only worry is his english..espically for creative writing

Cookiepie
My gal's enrichment teacher says must do up to 5 for time table. so what we tell her is the concept and not by memory. for example : 2 x 1 = 2 , 2 x 2 is 2 plus 2 = 4, then 2 x 3 is 2 + 2 +2 or easier 4 + 2, additional 2 each so she understands. In our time we do by memory i feel

Luanne
ya din know you oso into baking. Ha ha next time I shift to clementi we can exchange tips. Mine I got from a forum mummy in baking thread oso over $20.

Dunno how she put on weight but her appetite was very good. My mum says she keep eating and eating maybe because she feels my sil is more strict with her and she is more relax at mum's place. she can eat up to 2 bowls of rice , and when her brother refuse the burger, she actually help him eat it up too though she just finish one herself

Hello mummies,
Back again
happy.gif

CL,
my boy also put on wt during the hols. His school pants are tighter now. Even I also put on wt cos less stressed..haha!

Cookiepie,
my son's school still has not given them much homework to do. But the spelling and ting xie list is longer and ting xie is no longer hanyu.
I started my boy time table during the hols. Good thing he was v interested and managed 1-11 time table. Timetable is easier but division is a bit more challenging cos it's a reversed concept.

belinda
I'm also worried for my boy's english esp compo. He freaks out whenever I ask him to do composition
sad.gif
hiaz how to get him interested?

tinkerbell
my gal's school actually have not started composition only a monthly journal.

I think now is to do fun things with writing. Like asking him to write a note for daddy if daddy is always at work.

If something happy happen to him ask him to jot down. Get a nice journal book for him.

Sometimes she gets angry with brother but cannot vent her anger. she writes down too

Incorporate craft. Like for me I do scrapbook and some journalling is where she will write her thots

CL,
Sometimes I ask him to write abt his day but on foolscap paper. Thanks for the idea..maybe i should get him a nice journal book to write in.

Littleprincesses, cookiepie, CL : Me definitely not baking or cooking type man! Haha... Am getting it as a gift hee... Thanks for the info!

Btw anyone knows where got nice cakes with cute designs? Saw some recommendatins for ecreative but not too confident about the taste. Anyone actually tried any good shops before and taste good?

Belinda,CL,tinkebell,
Tks for your inputs on times tables. My gal is still struggling at her 2 times table ....tinklebell, your boy so gd, can do unitl 11 times ....

luanee,
another bakery to consider is Pine Gardens at AMK Ave10.

Hi hotmum, me don't have the patience to teach, hence had turned to enrichment centers. Since K1 my kids started a center with phonics, so continued their next level, eg P1 preparation and till now...

Joanne, bazerzkin's designs not cute enough leh, hee..

Littleprincesses, we tried smiling orchid b4, but they use full cream instead of fresh cream so hubby not so keen. So where u booked ur dd's cake from? Will u be bringing cake to school on actual day? My dd doesnt want leh, she shy-shy, wants to keep it a hush-hush business.

CL, yah planning for both my girls' party in Jul. Both of their bds on the same day, including their daddy. But party only 2 cakes, daddy not included haha...

Hi mummies, looking for child care for my 3yrs girl near Sembawang or Yishun. Any good recommendations? Sorry for the interruption. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Back