1st SO-IUI

Liz15

Hi. I had my 1st SO-IUI at KKH last sat 3rd Jul (took trigger shot on Friday 2nd jul) and feel cramping bloating and farting 2 days after IUI. I am wondering is it caused by side effect of trigger shot or because of symptoms of ovulation. Btw I have never feel any symptoms during ovulation last time. Now 4days after IUI n no symptoms at all. I’m 38 this year and if no luck I will straight go for ivf.

I just did SO-IUI at KKH a few days ago. I did not experience any cramp at all. I guess it depends on individual.

I am planning to go for IUI at KKH too.I have been told to get a referral letter from Policlinic. May I know how long do you wait to get an appointment from KKH?

I am private patient as I want to choose the doctor. It will depend on the doctor's availability. For me, I got to book the appointment very fast, within a week. I heard if you are referred by polyclinic, you can't get to choose doctor.

Thanks for ur reply :) For private patient , you will not be subsidized right ? May i know who is your doctor ? How was your experience with your doc? Sorry for asking so much questions. I wish you good luck for your 1st IUI!!

Thanks for ur reply :) For private patient , you will not be subsidized right ? May i know who is your doctor ? How was your experience with your doc? Sorry for asking so much questions. I wish you good luck for your 1st IUI!!
Ya, but there’s a $1000 subsidy from Singapore government for Singaporean couple even though I am private patient. My doctor is Dr Jessie Phoon. Dr Phoon is friendly and nice. I started IUI within 1 month after my first consultation with her.
Thanks Pinky. Baby dust to you!!

Hi. I had my 1st SO-IUI at KKH last sat 3rd Jul (took trigger shot on Friday 2nd jul) and feel cramping bloating and farting 2 days after IUI. I am wondering is it caused by side effect of trigger shot or because of symptoms of ovulation. Btw I have never feel any symptoms during ovulation last time. Now 4days after IUI n no symptoms at all. I’m 38 this year and if no luck I will straight go for ivf.
I am 37 also went for SO IUI at KKH in end may. I also farted non stop during the process and just felt bloated after the iui procedure. But the results came back positive during the blood test. Wishing all the best for u!

I am 37 also went for SO IUI at KKH in end may. I also farted non stop during the process and just felt bloated after the iui procedure. But the results came back positive during the blood test. Wishing all the best for u!

I suspect my period will be coming soon as I see black n brown discharge. Anyway I have BT next Monday n I dun have much hope on it.

I suspect my period will be coming soon as I see black n brown discharge. Anyway I have BT next Monday n I dun have much hope on it.

Dun be discourage and dun give up. My hubby and I also buy a pregnancy kit before the BT and it shows negative. And both of us take it as a failed IUI. But who knows.

Dun be discourage and dun give up. My hubby and I also buy a pregnancy kit before the BT and it shows negative. And both of us take it as a failed IUI. But who knows.
Hi Blueberrybaby, will we get to know the blood test results within the same day?
Is it your first IUI that you got pregnant?

Just received a call from KKH that my beta hcg is positive and will go back for BT two days later to double confirm. I am lucky as doctor told me the success rate for iui is only 10%. Baby dust to you all!

Just received a call from KKH that my beta hcg is positive and will go back for BT two days later to double confirm. I am lucky as doctor told me the success rate for iui is only 10%. Baby dust to you all!
Congrats Liz.. oh.. I read from other forum, that after the blood test result is positive, the kkh nurse will call you and ask you to go down directly on the same day to collect medication?

Congrats Liz.. oh.. I read from other forum, that after the blood test result is positive, the kkh nurse will call you and ask you to go down directly on the same day to collect medication?

I will go down n retest two days later n will let you know :)

I did use n it’s negative. KKH nurse said the test kit is not accurate n I need to go down for blood test if not full flow menses.
I tested with pregnancy test strip today and got positive using 2 different brands of pregnancy test strip. My blood test is on this Thu. I don't know if the pregnancy test strip is accurate or not. Will there be possibility of false positive?

I tested with pregnancy test strip today and got positive using 2 different brands of pregnancy test strip. My blood test is on this Thu. I don't know if the pregnancy test strip is accurate or not

U go for blood test this thurs to confirm. The result will be out a few hours later. Good luck!

Hi all,

We will also be returning 100++ eggs to zhu sheng niang niang for blessing us with a healthy 3.895kg baby boy.

Please come down and take the eggs if you are free! Baby dust to all couple ttc! Have faith in the process.

Date: 24th July 2021 (Saturday)

Time: around 10am
Address: Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery 184 Jalan Toa Payoh S’319944)

Hihi , i m planning for iui at kkh as well. may i know how did the doc track yr ovulation date? Can u share more on how is the whole process of IUI at KKH?

Hihi , i m planning for iui at kkh as well. may i know how did the doc track yr ovulation date? Can u share more on how is the whole process of IUI at KKH?

Usually before everything starts, the doc will order for semen test for the guy and blood test and scanning of womb for the lady. Then he will proceed to see if iui is suitable. They will give 2 choice , one is eating tablet orally another is thru self administrated injection for growing the eggs . Usually they based on the last menses date and once your mensus come u will need to go to the hospital. For me to get and learn how to self administrate the injection. I will need to injection for at least 10 days daily and in between I need to go back to kkh for scans every 2-3 days to see if my eggs are growing well otherwise they will give me a higher dose. They will also provide u some ovulation kit for u to do self testing but they will give u instructions when to do it. Once u hit ovulation, they will immediately ask u to use another type of injection ( I forgot the name) to prepare for the iui process. And the iui process will take place a day or 2 after u taken that injection.

I felt kkh has a sop set in place so everything is in the flow. And instructions are also given in every step.

Thanks for spending your time to reply me ,Blueberry. Your detailed explanation really clear all my doubts. The whole process seems quite challenging especially on the the injection part . when did they collect your hubby’s sperm sample ? Is it on the day you did your IUI ?

Thanks for spending your time to reply me ,Blueberry. Your detailed explanation really clear all my doubts. The whole process seems quite challenging especially on the the injection part . when did they collect your hubby’s sperm sample ? Is it on the day you did your IUI ?
No problem pinky23. Yes he produce the sperm in the morning and afternoon I do the procedure. In between they need to cleanse the sperm.

Okay , looks like I need to keep my leaves for the procedures. Hopefully my boss do not complain I take many leaves baby dust to you , blueberry baby !

The doctor will look at your follicle size and lining thickness to decide when to inject the Ovidrel trigger injection to trigger the ovulation. The follicle size has to above 17 mm and lining above 7 mm. They will tell you the timing to inject trigger shot because the IUI will be scheduled 36 h later.
You can ask for mc from the doctor during review when u do the ultrasound scan.

hi ladies, does anyone know fees for IUI as a public patient and private patient?

Do they allow you to choose sex ? I know in the U.S. it is possible and allowed to spin the specimen to the preferred gender.

Thanks in advance

I tested with pregnancy test strip today and got positive using 2 different brands of pregnancy test strip. My blood test is on this Thu. I don't know if the pregnancy test strip is accurate or not. Will there be possibility of false positive?
How’s your blood test result? I’m with Dr Jessie too

No problem pinky23. Yes he produce the sperm in the morning and afternoon I do the procedure. In between they need to cleanse the sperm.

Hi Blueberrybaby, is it before the IUI procedure, they required hub to send sperm specimen for testing first as well or yr hub only send one time which is on the day of yr IUI procedure. Thank in adv ^^

Baby dust to all! Just jabbed myself for the first time today after 5 days of oral medication also at kkh but no fixed doc.

Hi all, I would like to check if anyone did normal IUI at SGH instead of SO-IUI? Do you know how much it will cost for normal IUI after the co-funding?

Hi all, I would like to check if anyone did normal IUI at SGH instead of SO-IUI? Do you know how much it will cost for normal IUI after the co-funding?

I also want to know for private patient, is the cost of IUI itself is higher or only consultation fees? Does the co-funding from govt still apply? Planning to go to NUH or SGH for my first IUI, hoping to hear more sharing from you gals

hi ladies, does anyone know fees for IUI as a public patient and private patient?

Do they allow you to choose sex ? I know in the U.S. it is possible and allowed to spin the specimen to the preferred gender.

Thanks in advance
In Singapore it's legally not allowed to choose gender. The fertility clinics are also not allowed to import the required serum or medication to identify the gender. I think the only exception is when you have failed multiple ivf cycle and you need to do DNA testing on the embryos.

Back