12 months old baby weight 12kg!

spawning

Hi, my gal turns 1 yr old this weekend, and she's rather big size (12kg with approx. 72 cm height).

I thought she is BIG and I am wondering if I'm giving her too much food? Here's her menu:

9am: milk 150ml
12pm: fish porridge + fruit (5 tbs each)
3pm: milk 150ml
6pm: pork/chicken porridge/other food + fruit(5 tbs each)
9pm: milk 150ml

Please guide.

Thanks

My baby is turning 1 yr old too. He is about 10kg and height 79cm.

7.30 am : 150 ml milk
11.30 am : 1 big bowl of porridge (about 180ml - 200ml)
3.30 pm : 1 big bowl of porridge (about 180ml - 200 ml)
7.30 pm : 160 ml milk
11.30 pm : 140 ml milk

my baby is drinking lesser compare to many of my friends, so i think your baby should be fine. but probably, it could be the type of milk powder that you are feeding her? What type of milk powder you are feeding your baby? I heard from PD before that FM will cause obesity compared to breastfeed bb. anyway, i am feeding my baby NAN HA

My boy is 10mths+ and less than 9kg....

8.30am: 200ml BM
9.30am: Cereal or Fruits
1.00pm: 180ml FM
2.00pm: 1 bowl of porridge
5pm: 150ml FM
7pm: 1 bowl of porridge
9.30pm: 120-150ml FM

My almost 11 mths old girl is I think around 9 kg or even lesser, height i think is around 72cm

0800 150-180ml milk
1100 1 bowl of porridge
1400 150-180ml milk
1800 1 bowl porridge
2130-2200 150-180ml milk

in btwn got some snacks like biscuits or some of our food.

She don't like to drink much milk too. Changed to a few brands also the same pattern.

Hello Spawning,

How big was your baby when she's born? As a guide, girls should be weighing 3 times their birth weight when they turn 13 months old (for boys - 3 times their birth weight when they turn 1 yr old).

Junior is 16 mths old now, weigh 10.5kg and 80 cm tall. I think he's a little too skinny but he's eating a lot hahah
happy.gif

7.30am 240ml (sometimes 270ml) milk
8.30am breakfast (one bowl of cereal/porridge)
11.30am lunch (one bowl of carbo-rice/noodle/pasta, one fruit-small serving, about 3tbp, one juice-80ml, carbo served with one meat and 2 veg)
2.30pm-240ml milk
5.30pm-240ml milk
7pm-dinner (one bowl of porridge with one meat and one veg)
9pm-240ml milk

Hello Spawning,

My boy feeding schedule is similar to yours.
He is coming to 14mths, weighing 12kg. Height around 77cm-80cm

9am/10am: milk 150ml
12pm: Porridge (1 bowl)
3pm: milk 150ml
6pm: Porridge/other food + fruit
930pm: milk 150ml
1130pm: milk 150ml

Hi mummies

My 10 month old boy weighs about 8.2kg, 200g away from triple his birth weight. Feeding schedule as below:

7am Milk 125ml
10am Milk 125ml
1pm Lunch - Porridge with fish, etc abt 3-4 tbsp
3pm - 125ml Milk or fruits
6.30pm Dinner - Porridge - same as lunch
9pm 200ml Milk
3am 125ml Milk

Infact my boy weighed almost 9kg 2 months back but fell sick and lost weight. Good to know he is still on track!

Rgds
Selphie

My baby is 4 months old and he is almost 8 kg now, is it too big?

He is breastfeeding. We feed him 6-7 times , 100ml each with EBM. What's wrong?

wow sei peypey...4mth old and 8kg...think hes huge ley ..hehe.... must be very cute...

my boy slim down every since he took solids....he is now going 8mths on 2 Jul and now weight abt 9kg....i think he is about 6.5cm...in fact i find that his weight gain is very slow and his increase in height also very slow....and his menu :

6am 180ml milk

9am bfast-cereal and fruits (banana or apple or papaya)

12pm lunch-brown rice with meat & fish & either 2 of this spinach/carrot/pumpkin/broccoli/potato (6mth only pumkin/carrot)

3pm 180ml milk & 1egg yolk & sweet potato/potato (6mth is 1/2 egg yolk)

6pm dinner-porridge with meat & fish & either 2 of this spinach/carrot/pumpkin/broccoli/potato (1st 2 week of 7th mth-instead of porridge, is 1 whole potato)

10pm 180ml milk with cereal (last feed to last him till 6am)

I tried each new food for about 3 days before i intro a new item, then i start mixing them up. sometime i wonder if i mixed too much.... any expert here can advise?

Hi Mummies,

My 2 gals also weighs ard 12 - 13kg when they turned 1 yr.

But, think it is ok so long as they are eating well and healthy.

Their weights will in fact stablise when they start to walk and get to do more physicals - Likely more walking and running around.

My elder gal is now 33 mths old and her weight lingers ard 15 - 16kg/ height - ard 85cm. My younger gals, now 15 mths, weighs ard 13kg/ height - ard 75cm.

My 2 gals do not drink a lot of milk since they were babies, but, they do take lotsa solids :p

My 15mo girl still weighs at 9+ kg. Been like that since she turned 1. Never gained much weight...the most is 0.1-0.5kg per mth. Dunno y coz she's eating quite well...here's her schedule:

0800 140nl milk
0900 Breakfast snack - biscuits or bread
1100 180ml milk
1330 3/4 bowl porridge + 1.5 tbsp puree/fruit
1500 Snacks
1600 180ml milk
1830 3/4 bowl porridge
1930 Fruits
2100 240ml milk

my baby nw is 10mths but weight only 7.7kg.
he is small in size.
hw to get my baby gain in weight and grow bigger?

my son is 5 1/2 month old now and he already weighs 9kg and 72cm.

when he was born he only weighs 2.68kg

only drink milk 200ml every 5-6 hours

doctor say he is okay, but at the 97 percentile mark,so ask us to mix a little bit more water into his formula.

When i look at him, he is not fat, maybe just chubby, but his legs are really really fat. The bumbo chair from Toy'rus and mothercare he cant fit his thighs in when he was 5months old. I have to refund both chairs.

rapple
shes eating well but how come huh? wat did the pd say? my boy today at pd weigh 9.1kg (8mth2wk) and 73cm tall....pd say btw 6-12 mth increase very slow.. 4kg only

jackson
wow sei...yours king kong...5.5mth at 9kg..wow sei... bf for very long is it? or fm that makes him king kong ?
happy.gif

my boy also thigh bigger, but arms and body like skinny lo..hope they are okie
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

No worry lah. Kids weight gain will slow down after 12 months.

My 2 daughters are considered bigger size (in the 75th percentile) interms of their weight and height at their age. Maybe, its partly they have big-sized parents :p

My kids do drink a lot of milk. In fact, when they were babies, we had a hard time feeding them milk.

So long as you can see that your child is active and lively and eating well. Then, they should be fine.

Cheers!

wow peypey
ur baby huge eh.. chubby oh.

wah.. jackson one also big oh..

after reading the thread, i think my baby is the smallest ler.. she is 9 month+, over 65cm, only 7+ kg ler..but she is premature, birth weight only 2.4kg. doc said she is at 25th percentile. I still breastfeed (EBM) her but introduce more servings of formula when she is 8 months old. And she loves cereal n porridge. Following is her schedule:

8 am - breastmilk (150ml)
11am - porridge (a bowl, provided by infant care)
2pm - formula (150ml)
5pm - breastmilk (150ml)
8pm - cereal (a bowl, she likes it to be creamy and not watery)
11pm - formula (150ml)
3/4am - breastmilk (150ml)

Btw how come she still cant sleep through the night? Any mummies experience the same? Both my hubby and I tire of feeding her at night. But if we dont feed her, she will cry and scream. Any advise?

Jane, don't worry about not sleeping through the night. My boy is 13 months now. he still takes one night feed at night. 120ml at about 3am. he sleeps from 8pm to 7am.

Some pple say replace milk with water. Others say, just pat pat pat. don't feed. For us, cannot don't feed, cos he is very hungry and if we don't feed, he can't sleep well. Our boy was 11.7kg at 12 mths.

wow! cactus_79 ur boy is quite big.. must be very cute..

my gal is only 7+kg ..... if replace milk with water, she will become even smaller than those in her age...

jane, dont worry about replacing milk with water (that's only if you are keen to try stop night feeds). Cos you can get your girl to eat or drink more in the day time.
happy.gif

peypey: dun worry. my boy also on tbf. he weigh 9kg @ 10mths. stuck until 14mths still 9.5kg.
very normal for breastfed babies to be bigger than counterparts b4 age 1.
cause bf babies will slim gradually when they learn to crawl or walk. whereas fm babies will juz grow bigger n bigger...
No offense meant.

Hi gals, I think mine is a sumo baby leh..
She's 3.26kg/50cm at birth n now 6kg/60cm @ 2mth.
She's on total breastfeed n feed on demand..
haha.. Dunno how much she'll weight at 1yr leh.

Hi Jane, my girl is like your baby. She's 11 months and weigh 7.9kg. She's born a big baby at 3.545kg, 52cm. The nurse in the nursery said she's drinks a lot for a newborn, 60ml.

But somehow her intake hasn't increase much afterthat. Now at 11 months, she will only drink up to 120ml in session. Seems like she has a internal measuring cup, she will automatically stop after 120ml. She will push away the bottle and scream if we try to force her to drink more. But she does drinks/eats frequently, every 2.5 - 3 hours.

For example:
7am - 120ml milk
10am - 120ml milk
12.30pm - a bowl of porridge
3pm - 120ml milk
5.30pm - a bowl of porridge and some fruits
8.00pm - 120ml milk
10pm - 90ml milk before she sleeps
2-3am - 120ml milk

So we are in the same boat, got to wake up for their night feed. Envy my friend, her girl can drink 200ml before she sleeps and sleep straight thru from 10pm - 8am.

We have brought her to the PD to check when she's 6 months. The PD said she's at a low percentile and prescribe us with multi vitamin to increase her appetite. Initially increased a bit, but didn't work after sometime.

I think if she's developing well, don't have to worry to much. Every child is unique and grow at different rate. Let nature take its course.

Hi shannon..
yup think we are in the same boat. recently at 10 mths old, my baby's feeding changed. she will only drink 120ml at night too.. she seems hungry and will cry, but wants to sleep at the same time.
so sometime, we are like 'paying installment' when feeding her at night. She will take a little bit, stop to sleep, then ask for it again.... so tiring... both my hubby and i turn out to be 'panda' every morning..

Yeah.. agree with you that as long as she is developing well, we dont have to worry to much.

Btw, has ur gal started to crawl or walk? Mine still at the learning to crawl stage.. seems like slower compared to a 10-mth old. However, PD always said we should not compare her to those in her age as she is pre-mature.

my girl has completed 4 months. so she is around 5.6 kg. well i really dont know how good or bad is it. can anyone tell me. she should be around 60 cms.

since i dont have enough milk and she did not put on weight with my milk alone. I am giving her FM. giving her NAN pro 1.

<font color="ff0000">Hi peypey, no worries. my girl is just 3mths old and she is already 7.4kg! I am total breastfeeding her. Sometimes she can drink until she vomit like the merlion. But i am not very worried coz everytime after she vomitted, she'd be smiling happily.</font>

<font color="0000ff">Hi Lin, HAHA! that is what i call my girl. Little Sumo. =x She was born 3.565kg and weighs 6.5kg at 2mths old!</font>

<font color="ff6000">Hi Petrina, you are very right! my son was breastfed till 3yo. And the reason why i stopped was bcoz my girl was born! He is very very skinny now even though he eats alot!</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Guess there is nothing much for me to worry abt as long as they are feeding well.
happy.gif
</font>

Hi ziyrlvliina.love4eva,

My girl now 6 weeks and she is already 6kg! but i observed her milk intake is slowing down already. guess should build up her "reserve" while still can before they get too active and not interested in milk anymore.

I also direct breastfeed her and a few times she drank until vomit. then i discovered she would get cranky towards the end (she would push away from me but still holding on to my nipple pulling ... ouch!), and realised she just want to suckle and not hungry. so, i switch to pacifier everytime she seems frustrated when drinking.

ziyrlvliina.love4eva, we are definitely in the same boat.

My girl is 5 months old and weighs 11kg now. Everyone calls her little sumo and always smack their lips when they see her thighs! She's on soy milk and drinks 180ml every 3-4 hours.

What's more, she has incredible dexterity and strength for someone her age. She can sit on her own and grasp things easily. Just yesterday night, she was tearing pages off my ikea catalogue!!

I love her as she is, so long as she's happy &amp; growing even though she is way way above the 100th percentile for her weight. hehehehe

hey mummies, can i consult if my baby boy is okay? He currently is 4 months old, but only 5.7kg! he drinks about 120ml EBM every 3 hours, usually 6 feeds a day. If i come home from work late, then he gets 1 FM (Enfalac A+) feed instead of BM. I looked at this health booklet percentile charts and I think he is like bottom 10 percentile. Quite worried. Should I be giving him more FM feeds? Afraid my BM not nutritious enough tt's why baby's so small. Can mummies please advice? Thanks, much appreciated!

dont worry too much, each baby is different and as long the PD says its fine, it is ok.
just continue with BM as they are the best for bb, dont listen to those who try to dsicourage you and say ur BM not nutritious enough.
babies will grow at their own pace and dont be dishearten.

Pey pey ur bb cfm is the type vvv chubby and cute de
happy.gif

My gal is turning 6mths old in a few day tym..weighs 10kg onli..but i tink is fine as long they gain weight better dan lose weight rite
happy.gif

Jewel, anything from 3rd percentile in the chart is normal. BM is definitely more nurtritious than FM coz BM is the best milk for baby. Don't have to worry so much. U can try increasing his BM amt slowly so that he will drink more.
My younger son was born small and at 14mths, he's in the 10th percentile too. My PD said it's ok.

Hi All.

I need advice. Some of you are feeding 1 Bowl of porridge. How big is the bowl?

Is the rice bowl(made of pocelain) we normally used consider big for BB?

usually will use the bb utentsils as the guage
u know those feeding bowls for bb ( pigeon ) with the masher type of spoon?

that is abt the same size as the porceline bowl

actually diff bb hv different appetite so no use comparing...as long they are healthy and growing steadily, its ok

Thanks sghlynn!

My BB is 8 months old and my MIL feed him with two bowl of porridge each day. The bowl she is using is the rice bowl (largest size), personally i feel that this is too much for 8 months old BB and afraid by doing so will expand BB's stomach.

Hi all,

My bb is 11 mth and only weigh 9.6kg... he look so small and slim.. haiz.. i really dont knw what to do..

His feeding schedule :

7am Milk (150ml)
10am Milk (200ml)
1pm Porridge (1 Normal rice bowl)
3pm Milk (200ml)
6pm Porridge (1 Normal rice bowl)
8pm Milk (200ml)

Can someone advice me isit too little? should i add 1 more meal or increase his milk intake?

hi Cheer,

your baby is already considered very good compared to mine, he is coming to 14mths and is weighing only 8.3-8.5kg at 75cm.

His feeding schedule is irregular as it depends on his mood and depends on who is feeding him. He also doesnt eat porridge nor cereal, only snacks like his baby puffs etc... So whole day drinks about 6-7 bottles of milk ranging from 90ml to 130ml. Haiz... really dunno what to do with him
sad.gif

hi cheer,
my boy is soon-to-be 18mths and he's only 9.6kg, but quite tall, at 82cm.
his feeding schedule is similar to yours, except he has 1 bowl of cereal in the morning
plus he has snacks through out the day like biscuits, yoghurt and fruit.
but still looks skinny and can even see his ribs!

personally, i feel that as long as they're active, healthy and your dr has no concerns, then it should be ok.
another thing is that my boy poops once a day every day, but the volume is a lot!
i feel like whatever he eats, just goes straight out.

My baby is 10 mths old, weighs 11 kg around 85cm

6.30 am 200ml B.milk mixed with cereal

8am bfast- 100ml gripe water, w fruits (banana or apple &amp; 1 slice of bread

930-10am breast millk mixed with 2 teaspoon of cereal 200ml

1pm lunch 1 rice bowl of porridge with meat &amp; fish &amp; either 2 of this spinach/carrot/pumpkin/broccoli/potato

2pm - 100ml of plain water or freshly boiled apple juice with a few pcs of baby biscuit

4pm 200ml breast milk

7pm dinner- 1 rice bowl of porridge with meat &amp; fish &amp; either 2 of this spinach/carrot/pumpkin/broccoli/potato

9pm - 60ml of plain water (sleeping time)

11pm 180ml milk with cereal

3am - 125ml of milk

My boy plays non-stop. Very active. His size looks 1 yr old as most of the people thought he is 1 yr old when first met up.

Hi just to share...my son is 4mth plus but going to 9kg already...he was born a big baby of 3.78kg with great appetite.

A doctor that i always visit says he is overweight. at the 95% of the health booklet.

According to the doctor, after birth the baby will gain abt 1kg/mth in the 1st 3 mth. after 3 mth will gain abt 1/2kg/mth.
On average a 12mth baby is abt 10kg but can be 1 kg less or more is normal.

ya my lil girl started off really chubby and was usually "overweight" too.. however, than came the time when she was fussy with food and started eating, so she slimmed down to average weight haha.

my friend's baby is 12 months but 13+kg too!! o_O"

Ai @ http://sakuraharuka.blogspot.com

My girl used to be chubby too but she's quite tall I think for her age.. Now she's 5 years this year and at 110cm and 25kg is that a lil heavy? When she was born she's only 3kg exact but very heavy on milk. Till now she needs 4-5 servings of milk daily, each time 220ml. So basically in a month, she needs 2 1.8kg of pediasure cos she's a fussy eater even if I dont give her milk she'll bug me for it. The fresh milk in the fridge also she attack. Shes A very active child and though i feel shes chubby but her flesh isnt droopy, in fact very firm. Me and my mom, we're big-boned so naturally she takes after me. Should I worry or Don't think so much about her weight? Cos heard some people say they will lose all that baby weight once they enter primary school but don't wish to take that long to realise that I'm doing things wrong.. Pls advise what I should do.

Hi mummies,

It's been sometime since I logged into forum, but couldn't help to read back this thread to find my own post that my son was only 8.3-8.5kg at 14 months then.

Anyway, to help reassure mummies who have smaller babies (since I too was very concerned back then), my boy is now 3yo and stands at 97cm weighing 12.8kg. He may not be very tall or big for his age, but the PD during his 36mths checkup assured that he is definitely of average size. So hopefully my post will help put some mummies at ease.
happy.gif

Back