1 year birthday Celebration

hi all.. i ordered a cake frm cheryl shuen.. the design is nice,but e taste so so onli..

here's the cake.. got it yesterday..

+++ jpeg +++ 1396715 +++ Bella's cake +++

1396718.jpg

anybody had done Disney Cars cake before? any pix to show? Or any disney cars cake recommendation? prefer fresh cream and not necessary 3D. Thank you

Hi Celine, I have asked a baker to do one for my son. Its very nice and my kids love it...even take out the "cars" to play...

Let me go home and find the pics : )

hihi.. any one can recommend a venue to hold 1st yr old party? try to look for a fun pl that children can enjoy but don't break the pocket ^_^. tks!

Hihi, here are my fotos on the disney CARS.
My kids love it, as u can see, they even take out the cars and play with it.
As for the cake, its chocolate cake, its nice and moist. Even my parents say it taste good : )

U can email my baker to enquire. Her email add: [email protected]
She's a nice lady and you can be sure that the ingredients she used are well suitable for kids.

1433966.jpg
1433967.jpg
1433968.jpg

1433969.jpg
1433970.jpg

Thanks.

Hi mummies

any recommendation of bday venues for less than 30 pax, tinking of a resturant at town area...thanks.

Hi Davin,

You can try suntec Olio Dome. I have attended a one year old BD party there...the place is quite good.

yes Kis, the cake is lovely! May I know how much you pay for it?

But how come the cake look like sofa skin huh? Is it fresh cream or fondant?

hi, any mummies who have a birthday scene setter or backdrop to let go, pls pm me for a fast deal! for boy colors. tks!

Hi Jenwong, Celine,

Its a choc cake....and its fondant.
I think its best you email her directly, cos her charges will depend on the size of the cake and the requirements.
Her email add: [email protected]

Her price is reasonable and service is gd. Dun worry : )

Kis

Hi Kis

Thanks for your information...my boy & gal bday this coming Sunday..Oredi ordered from Pine Garden.
I will have bday banners + foil ballons ( Boy is 1st bday & Gal Disney Princess) available after the party. Will use the items lightly and reserve in best conditions. Shall let go at cheaper price ya. Pls PM me if any mummies are interested.

Hi baywater,

the party shops have moved to middle rd. They are three in a row. One of the shops is called P & G.
Add is 116 Middle Rd #01-03
Tel:6396 8208

Find this shop and you find them all. Hope this helps!

Hi mummies,
Need advice.

1)Can any one give some advice on appointing a professional photographer for the 1st bday bash?
Any recommendations?

2)I am doing sesame street theme. However, due to licence issue, bday direct can no longer ship the items in to singapore. Thus very limited. Anyone have preloved sesame street theme party items to sell?

3)Heard some hoo hah about PG last year. was wondering how is their service now. anyone can share their experience?

4)How about smiling orchid?

Thanks in advance

phoebe,
If you are looking for sesame street theme for the cake, both PG and Smiling Orchid have the figurines. You dun need to search high and low for them.

Smiling Orchid cake is good, just that they only have 4 flavours to choose from unless PG they have lychee martini, black forest etc etc.

I think yr sis used PG right?

Thanks Wenny, her work is really bautiful. The cup cakes are so nice. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Jenny,
I have got my friend to ask PG but they said they don't have the figurines anymore. Not sure if it is true. maybe i will call them personally to check. Ya, my sis took PG the other time but during that time when R celebrated his 1st birthday, i was at home alone doing my confinement. How sad. But i have always love PG's lychee martini. Just abit worried they might give me problems again like last year.
You tried Smiling Orchid right? how is their cake and service?

phoebelow,
Maybe you call them to check. I guess after a year, service should improve? I got heart attack then, but well, the taste still good, though not the kind of design I want. Maybe you check with other mummies who used them recently.

Smiling Orchid cake design is great for kids. I'm sure every kid will be very "proud" with their cakes with Smiling Orchid.
A friend of mine uses Smiling Orchid cos she said kids at young age doesn't know how to appreciate the taste of the cake, when they grow up and see the pics when they are older, they will only remember the cake design rather than the cake taste.
I'm impressed with Smiling Orchid cake design. This is something that PG is missing out.
Smiling Orchid service is good. Cake flavour taste good too, not as sweet as PG, and soft sponge cake, but then only 4 kinds of flavour to choose.

Jenny,
after saw your cake again, i 心痒痒want to order from Smiling Orchid for A 2nd brithday lol..but still dunno which design for him.

you are right. althought they only 4 kinds of flavour to choose, but kids only remember the cake design instead of the taste.

Jasmine,
Jaslyn's 2nd cake, I'm likely to get from Smiling Orchid again. Save my time to draft design, buy figurines etc.
My relatives and immediate family love Smiling Orchid cake cos not sweet and is soft lor. I save a lot of time.

Jenny,
I saw Prima Deli carebear designs, very nice & colourful. but more suitable for girl.
although A knew abt Barney, but I dun like the ugly dinasour..hoho

I am aiming smiling orchid this round too. but do you know how much they charge for delivery huh?

Jenny,
me a bit bo liao. just called Smilling orchird to get some information.
biggrin.gif

1kg cake
buttercream $45
freshcream $50

Delivery charges $20 to my place.

so expensive!!

Jasmine,
You're so funny haha..
Well, that's the normal cake price. If is customized with those theme, more ex hor. The 2 cakes I posted above, is buttercream $60, freshcream $65. Figurines depends, range from $10 to $40. But then they won't tell you the breakdown price. They just calculate and tell you the total price for the whole cake.
Jaslyn one I paid $60 (1kg), Jolene one I paid $110+ (1.5kg).

Delivery charge - Oh well, petrol is ex now. And they really see location to charge.

hi all,

need some help here. my son's BD is this sat and his mommy has not prepared much other than just ordered cake and catering today.

i need some ideas on what to package as little take home gifts for the kids. just tokens to make them happy, nothing too fanciful. Kids range from 4-8yrs old. Any ideas?

marble,
for kids age range from 4-8 years old, you can get some disney stationary to pack into small goodies bag. You can get from those value shop (there's one at causeway point basement 1), very cheap, range from 50 cents onwards.
Alternative, if their parents won't frown upon seeing sweets and chocolates, you can pack them with some biscuits?
How about some party toys + balloons?

o that's a great idea! i'll go look at those value shops!

i just bot about 20 balloons. will blow them myself..no helium coz too much hassle. also got some left over streamers from last Christmas party...haiz this mommy a bit of a failure..

do u have any decor tips? something simply DIY type?

I didn't do much decor then. Just get the party shop to do a bouquet of balloons with helim gas to be placed beside the cake, plus bought a happy birthday banner, that's all.

Personally, I feel is a waste to spend too much on decors cos eventually still throw away.

Hi Jenny, agree with you. usually none of the guests are into decor...it's more the food and the company.
happy.gif

i got my disney stationaries last night from west mall. QED!! even got disney wrapping paper at $1 for 7 pieces! haha

hi mummies,

im ordering a cake from SO, have anyone tried if their butter cream is nice?? the lady told me that their butter is magarine free, also popular..so im hesitating if i shld take butter or fresh cream..
happy.gif
thanks!

tempura76,
I tried before. Quite nice. You know, got those memorable taste like the cake we ate at kids time haha...
If your cake cutting is going to take sometime, it's better to get butter cream.

Back