1 or 4 bedder at KKH

I gave birth in 2005 at KKH, saw June Tan at TPS and shes excellent. The service at TPS is very different from the other clinics. Paying a bit more for that was worthwile.

I also took a single bedder room which was great! You want rest and peace, go for 1 bedder/

Hi to all mummys/ MTB,

my EDD is on the 21st November 2009, which is around 2months' time. And this is my first child. So I was wondering if you guys have any good and affordable Confinement Nanny to recommand?

Hi gals, i delivered in Oct 09.
Do note this is the bill for A1 premier. I delivered naturally, induced labor with epidural.

My bill:
2 days delivery package $1550 (inclusive of 2 days stay, daily treatment fee,8 hours delivery suite charge, admin fee, incontinence pads, 10 pieces sanitary pad, medical consumables for natural delivery, CTG monitoring, IV, normal delivery drugs, postnatal discharge drugs, gas, artificial rupture of membranes (burst waterbag),type and screen procedure)

Additional cost incurred above the $1550
1.Lab investigations $54 (dunno what is this item)
2.Delivery Charges $952 (gynae's fee)
3.Delivery Suite Charges $113.42(I exceeded 8 hours, so its chargable at $0.53 a min)
4. Drugs/Prescripton/Injection $82.57 (i think this is the drug for induction, mine was induced labor)
5. Ward Procedures $379.02 (I assume this is for the epidural)
6. Consumables $18.50
7. Other Procedures $31
Total = $3180.51
After GST = $3403.14

Initial deposit i paid = $2080
Medisave deduction = $2100
So KKH still refund me $776.86

I would say KKH's bill is quite general so initial when i look at the breakdown, i was guessing what some items were.

I delivered at 4pm, my gynae assessed me and said i could be discharged next day at 6pm. But i chose to extend one more night. If i didn't, they would refund me more money.

My son's bill
2 days neonatal class A ward $150
Daily treatment fee $100
Lab investigations $154.01
Ward Procedures$25.50
Consumables $9.50
Other Procedures $111.50
Misc $12.50
Total $563.01
After GST$602.43
Deduct Medisave $589.05
I need to pay KKH $13.38

In the ward, he was given one pack of pampers, wet wipes and tissue paper.

initially i was contemplating between 1 bedder or 4. I never regret choosing a 1 bedder, there's so much more privacy, my husband could stay with me, and i didn't have to worry about disturbing people or vice versa.

i delivered in 2007 & was staying in 4 bedder (B2). regretted my choice, should have chosen 1 bedder. perhaps this time i will choose 1 bedder. staying with other 3 strangers was so uneasy though it wasn't scary especially at night. but the ward kept having soft-loud or loud-soft orchestral at certain times during night time. i think my package was premium, had epidural (2 dosages), had it too early. gynae delivered my son but midwife was pretty good as i was so exhausted from my long labour. delivered at 2am+ and was discharged on the following day.

hi siangjiao, thanks so much for the bill breakdown. really helps me and hubby to have better mental preparation of the costs involved. i am seeing dr. regina zuzarte @ clinic A, and sticking to her for the whole of 9 months and delivery. does this mean its a premier package?

hi dolphin, i can recommend my gynae dr. regina zuzarte. she was my sis' gynae last yr and this time i requested her for myself. she's friendly, pretty and patient. she's at clinic A on wed and fri every week.

hi all...
i delivered in may, with help from Dr JJ Chee.

CSC card holder, TPS and A1 bedder.

Paid initial deposit of about $2200, refunded close to $800 cos it was just one night, and i did natural w/o epidural.

my take is that if this is your first, i suggest 1-bedder cos you and hubby will be reeling with delight over the birth of your newborn. For me, i'm sooo glad i chose the 1-bedder cos i was bleeding so much and weak in the knees and really wanted my hubby there to care and support me.

If you can afford it, have a better rest, no disruption etc choose 1 bedder. UR hubby can sleep by ur side too!

Hi Kookyash, I had also signed A1 bedder , TPS...going to be induce next week ..

Do you know upon admission will we be send to ward or Delivery Suite? I am afraid if sent to ward then will we be charge for the A1 on that day?

Does KKH provide any complimentary parking during the stay?

You choose to stay 1 night or? I tot the package is 2 night stays? I hope I can do w/0 epidural like u
happy.gif
was ur labour long?

Hi JSbaby, I am using my hubby medisave.
He will have to sign a form to allow that when u take up the package.

Thanks Yuki & Judy for the info.

Kookyash..how come you didn't take the epidural? Was the pain bearable? How long was your labour? I assume the doc did episotomy for you, was it painful without epidural effect? I heard also that the midwife or nurse will poke something into pee-hole to drain out excess urine. Was it very painful?

Hi mine was 4 bedder I delivered on 5 Dec, deposit is $720, end up got refund of $900+, don't have to pay a single cent. Mine was natural birth with no pain relief. Admitted on 4 Dec, went home on 6 Dec.

If need advice can PM me coz I don't follow thread or subscribe to any email updates.

siangjiao,
I saw that the clause in the materinty package stated.. if you exceed the 12th hr of labour.. the delivery suite charges will be waived. Doesn't seems true?

orangey,
admission nurse confirmed delivery suite charges waived if exceed 12hrs

JSbaby,
if no epi & feel pain during stitching, gynae can administer anaesthetic

yuki22,
no complimentary parking.
u will go into delivery suite for induction. if cervix dun open within a few hrs, u will be sent to ward for monitoring

hi all,

i understand that the Level 8 where the maternity wards are located are under renovation from Nov09 - mid 2010. Any feedback on how it is affecting your stay in KKH?

juju78 and the rest,

Is it true to the midwife will check for dilation and she will put in her whole hand/fist and twist about inside the vagina to check for the the dilation? That sounds very painful. I heard from my friend who gave birth recently that she has no contraction and no dilation but the midwife still insert her hand in to check and make sure.

JSbaby,
my dilation chks were done by my gynae cos under premier pkg. erm... he dun hv gentle hands so a bit pain lor... i remember squirming when he chked for dilation & then pap smear during 6-wk chk up post-birth.

Hi

I signed up under ward A (1 bedder), do u know if dilation will be checked by gynae or midwife? How come yr gynae not so gentle? Thought will be more gentle than midwife.

JSbaby,
i was also in ward A. chk ur paperwork see if under premier pkg.
i heard some say my gynae got short fingers, so need to push further in. guess dat's why it's less gentle?

Hi
can I know whether anyone had c-section delivery in KKH? Can I know how much is your total bill?
I am being referred to KKH due to placenta previa which requires c-section. I am considering whether to take up a 1 bedder or 4 bedder. If the difference is not too great, then I would prefer a 1 bedder.

Cheeri,

U had the same case with me! My gynae who is at TMC referred me to KKH due to placenta previa which requires c-section too. And im considering 1 bedder or 4 bedder too. Hope someone replied us.

Hi,
I've chosen the 1-bedder in KKH. Delivered my twins thru C-section in Feb, 1 of my twins stayed in SCN (special care nursery) for 1 day & my total bill is about $8K - $9K. Paid only $1K plus in cash.

<font color="aa00aa"> hi all, i wonder if can took the package that goes sometin like this as in: do natural first, but in event cannot then quickly switch to c-section witnout additional cost?

got suck package boh? i wonder..hmm..</font>

wonder if the info will still be helpful..

I was also considering 1 or 4 bedder..
Was told that even if i had opted for 1-bedder, gynae may still not deliver unless i go for premier..

In the end, i went for.. the 5-bedder! still air-conditioned, but subsidized. delivered by midwife but she was excellent. No complications and no issues. shared bathroom by 5 people, but ok, coz stayed only 1 night..

after subsidies, didnt have to pay anything..

will still go for B2 for next kid since they will get the consultant gynae if there are complications anyway..

hi mummies..

i just saw John Tee at AMK KK clinic..but i heard frm u all Premier Suite seems very gd..

i must go dwn directly to KK itself to see another new gyane??

or can arrange to hv premier suite at AMK??

happy.gif

i'm confused by the KKH 1 bedder and KKH premium too. wats e diff? and if i go poly to see the GP 1st b4 goin to the gynae, i'm consider a subsidized patient? then can i still opt for the premium or A1 bed? or meaning i can still opt for premium but i'm not a subsidized patient. then i can dun need to visit the GP?
sad.gif

Im not sure whatto choose...who to choose..so confused..
Im just wondering why KKH gynae isn't the one doing the scans, instead, the sonographer will be doing the scans i a differnt part of the clinicand results shown to the doc for viewing and consult?
My sisters gynae does the scans and consults as he scans...here at KKH, the sonographers kinda well, just 1 in perticular...she's not good at all, so im jst wodnering if I shld change hospital or stick to this system... haiz.. I duno what to do where to gowho to go to...

Im currently at clinic A at KKH, I think it's considered the private suite. but i duno what's the diff at all, didn't know there was s subsidized one...confused..

im gng to see her in 3 weeks for my scan shld be abt 8weeks preggy by then...so stil thinking abt things...hmmm

any advice anyone??

sandy,

I just tested positive and had my first gynae appt at the private suite at KKH. I do believe that clinic A and TPS are two different places.

Perhaps you would prefer to switch to TPS if it makes you feel more comfortable. My gynae is the one who did the scans for me in the same room, so there was no hassle.

What I did was call up the hotline and ask for a specific gynae and I was automatically referred to the private suite.

Hope this helps.

I Yumi,
when I was 5 weeks, I went to see my usual gynae at TPS. She sent me to AMC(just outside TPS doors.. for the scan so she din do the scan for me. at week 8 also same thing AMC for scan. Once confirm pregnancy, i was registered preggers and from then on my gynae did our next scan at 12 weeks.. I asked my gynae and she said she'll handle all my scans from then on except for the detailed organ scan to be done at ADC level 2..

maybe cuz I was already seeing gynae previously now it's under Obs instead of gynae consults..guess it's different...but least now gynae doing he scans so am happy abt it..

hi... want to check the scan machine they use at tps.. is it the more sophiscated type that is used for detail scan ?

Also.. anyone has recent delivery bill for TPS w/o csc subsidy?

Back