1 bedded @MAH -How much in total?

crazy
yes u can deduct frm medisave, but frm 20weeks onwards, the nurse will ask u to keep the receipt so that u can claim it after u delivered.
rem! don loose the receipt, cos they canot print another duplicate 1..

crazy
yes rite
happy.gif

I just delivered in July by Dr HK Ho through C-section. SUPERB....able to walk and pee nextday. My massage lady commented that the stitches is v. wonderfully done!!!

Hi Crazy,

I am not sure whether is Dr Ho is gd.. but can see there the rest's comments are not bad. My gynae is Dr. Adrian Woodworth, coz I am staying at Sengkang, more convenient....also cost effective. I tried to call Dr Ho's clinic, the cost is higher. So I decided to sign package with Dr. Adrian.

gentledove
i deliver naturally and i can walk after i went back to my room...but slight giddy...
happy.gif

i can pee & poo the next day aft delivery
:p

gentledove,
Congrate.. girl or boy? doing confinment now har.. By the way, how many bedded room did you that, can tell me the total breakdown charges..

Piggmummy,
I'm staying in Pouggol.. is abit far to MAH... but every give good comment on Dr ho especially the stitches..

Hi Crazy,

It's a boy. Yes, currently I'm in confinent. Dr Ho is not only good at his stitches but others as well. All my pre-natal journey (from 1 miscarriage to birth of my eldest daughter and now my son) was extremely pleasant under this care.
- He is also v. detailed. He is one performing all phases of scans including the 4th/5th month detailed scan. I know some gynae outsource the detail scan
- He handle emergency v well. My first daughter was delivered under emergency c-section due to umbilical cord thingy

and many more....

My hospital charges for 1 bedded in MT as follows:

Hospital charges - $3719 (stay for 5days (due to bb jaundice); epidural c-section 5 days and my hubby stay for 2nights)

Doctor charges
Doctor's attendance fee ($100/per day $200 for first day after delivery) - $735
Doctor's Operation fee (for Dr Ho) - $2205
Doctor's operation fee (for anesthesia) - $450.
Total $7,109

Btw is this your first kid?

Hi Crazy,

It's really up to you on choosing your gynae. Ya, heard from here, all the comments are good. You may read more from here too : http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/92987.html?1154649117. I also wanted to try ... but, my husband and I are a bit cost conscious. Also, my husband prefer to let me go to the nearer clinic.

By the way, are you pregnant now? How many weeks / months? You decided to have C-section for your baby?

Gentledove,
Yes, my 1st kid.. giving birth is not cheap har.. the price is before medisave rite?

Piggymummy,
yes, pregnant.. 5-6 weeks i think.. have not gone for check up yet.. appt with gynea on 28 Aug.. me and my husband also cost conscious.. but is the charge that big different compare to both?

Hi Crazy,

I agree..... Giving birth is never cheap!!! I have seen some of the mummies given birth at KK, no appointed gynae... think only a few hundreds dollars.. but i dun dare to take the risk!!

Congrats that u r pregnant!! But, how come you never gone for check up? then, how u knoe u r pregnant?? I am first time preggie , 8 weeks old, i went to see gynae for 4 times liao =p
I am not sure how big is the diff. If I sign up package with Dr. Adrian, I will pay $550 - unlimited visits / consultation , tests, and vitamins. For Dr. Ho, i think the package start on the 5th month, around $500 - $600, i think...
I was fickle minded and very puzzled on choosing my gynae too. I went to SGH earlier on , not cheap too... but, the gynae is very gd, he is Prof Tay Sun Kuie, very senior and experienced. But, SGH too far.... and also, again, $$$$.....

I read a book , and it says, we must find the suitable gynae, not the best gynae. Coz, there are lots of good gynae out there.... we can't be hopping around, coz we need to have a recod with our gynae ... So, I read and ' listen' to it...

Crazy
Congrats!
The charge for natural delivery is almost half. Go for natural birth as much as possible....the benefits defintely outweighs C-section.

My medisave deduction was $3850. So total cash i folk out was around $3259.

Hi Piggymummy,
Wah.. 8 weeks old, u go for 4x liao.. i test fm pregnancy kit..i'm really late

Hi gentledove
I know natural delivery is cheaper.. but i really cannot imagine the pain during deliver..

Hi,

I heard that we can claim $450 from our antenatal visits. Anyone knows what is the receipt amount we have to produce? This is because i already submitted some of my receipts to HR for claiming medical bills.

Thanks.

Hi Suiching,
You just need to make copy of the receipt and pass it to the hospital admin together with the letter, etc. . . upon checking-in when you are going to give birth.

for the amount up to S$450.

Hi ladies..

How about the antenatal classes at Mt. A? Good?

Those under Dr. Ho..how is the clinic queues? I prefer to go on Sat. Im 16 weeks currently..may want to to change gynae..so looking ard for one in Mt. A.

Hi Charis,
I went to Dr Ho clinc for my 1st visit 2 weeks ago, quite a friendly guy.. i tried to book my 2nd visit on sat, but the nurse say no gynea on sat.. i also not so sure..

Charis
i delivered under Dr Ho. His clinic usually quite packed one waiting time 30-1 hr.....hmmm saturday think hv but half day but diff to book cuz most people want saturday. He is a great gynae. No regrets if u choose him
happy.gif

Hi all mummy here,
Would like to know the charges for 2-4 bedded? BTW hospital provide any mummy bag which include pampers formula for baby etc??
Is it very nervous when you are at the labour ward how is the feeling like?? My edd is 18 Oct 2006, me getting more and more nervous, tense, stress, cos i berry scard. However very anxious to receiving my son soon.. Mixed feeling leh, mummy like to hear your view

hi cecilia,

i delivered at mt a 2.5 months back. last minute c-section pls epi cost $5k. 2 bedder. my hubby insist on 1 bedder but i said no. so much more to pay btw 1 and 2 bedder. but we got the best coz when we got into the 2 bedder rm, the mummy next to me was discharging that day and we had the rm all to ourselves for the next 3 days. so we actually pay for 2 bedder but got 1 bedder privacy.

honestly speaking, it is really lonely to be staying alone in the hospital esp. in the early mornings when the nurses visit is not frequent.

Hi,

I delivered at Mt A cos mom used to work there. Service very good esp the nurses, had quite a few prob bf, but they v patient and helpful except one pregnant nurse fr China. I expressed and fed him myself at the nursery, even in the middle of the nite and chit chat with them cos very quiet then. Got a few tips abt bottles, teats etc..

My gynae is Dr H K Ho, very experienced. My son was in a slightly breech position but he tried to get him out without C-section. V thankful for that. Lost a lot of blood but stitches really didn't hurt much. Just took a couple of painkillers just in case...kiasu mah.

Opted for single bedder, didn't regret it cos having hubby ard really helps (to bond or make himself useful) esp if u're first time mom. Can get a bit noisy when I shifted to 2-bedder cos sometimes middle of the nite, moms feeding at diff times or check-in after mid nite, etc.

anin
y u lost alot of blood?

my 1st preg was ok, but my 2nd preg also lost alot of blood...

but dr ho helped me...he remove all the blood clot inside my stomach and also insert a pill inside to make the blood stop bleding...wow...i managed to survive....
he mentioned that years ago, a mom died cos she lost alot of blood....but the gynae who delivered the baby was not him...he also ensure me that im safe....

Hi hui32

I lost a lot of blood cos the delivery was longer than normal as my bb was in a breech position...facing up instead of down so very difficult to come out. Dr Ho had to use a lot of tools, foceps, vacuum pump etc, I had 3 nurses helping me oso. So Dr gotta turn him slowly then bb heartbeat stop for a while so a bit scary then Dr gotta stop doing his stuff.

glad it's all over though..my hubby so worried...told me no need another bb already, after seeing me go through all tat...he says lucky Dr Ho so steady otherwise dunno what will happen.

Hi someone posted a question about c sec vs natural.. no replies.

Do you generally feel different after natural?

I had always hoped for natural if I can...but after hearing about the potential "looseness", I am now considering if c sec would be an option.

then again, I also know that there is only so much you can plan......

Am 8 mths into preg now and baby due in Jan at MAH as well.

Hi,
I've delivered both of my kids (Sept'04 & May '06) @ MAH. I highly recommended e hospital, e nurses & staff @ MAH r friendly & I've do up a check, MAH charges is reasonable & affordable. I stayed @ 4-bedded room, I find tt there is no need to spend $$ to stay @ 2 or 1 bedded room..anyway u only get to stay there 2 or 3 days. My 1st stay I stayed there for 2 nites but my 2nd stay I only stayed for 1 nite as my gynae and baby PD informed that we r ok to discharged. For both of my kids, I've normal delivery w/o epidural, only the 1st kid I have vacumn assisted due to his big head..hehe. If I didn't recall wrongly, I only fork out $300 deposit upon admit @ MAH and upon discharge I didn't pay out any cash after medisave deduction. My gynae is Dr TB Lim (his clinic is @ Mt E), I find his charges reasonable n he is friendly n good.

pepperika
haha i also heard about the "v" getting loose but not true le on the contrary i feel its tighter le..maybe my gynae did a good job and restore me back to as good as new haha :p

jeslyn/anin
Dr Ho experienced and confident. In his hands no worries.i also his patient...hee managed to bring a 3.67kg baby out of me naturally.

hi,

any 1 delivered under Dr Lim Yuin Wen before?
how is her package like?how is her stitching?is she pro natural?

Thumbs up to MAH too!!!!...I followed Dr Adrian throughout my entire pregnancy and delivered my twins @ MTA on 31/03/2007. Till todate, I still remembered the great service they've rendered to me during my stay there. I attended the antenatal classes there too...had a superb experience too.
I personally feel that the environment there is suitable for mommies, more like a sanctuary for proper recuperation after childbirth. Nurses are EXCELLENT and from them, you really get a warm human touch, unlike other places(dun want to mention names) where they treat patients like factory items. DR Terence Tan was my PD and he is a christian. I can tell he really loves children and takes on his responsibilities with his whole heart and soul. I guess he indeed has a calling for children

can any mommy please let me know what does mt a provide cos i mus start packing my hospital bag. edd is 28 sept. so kinda last min already. will most appreciate if any mommies can provide more information. thanks =)

Blessedone
I had my bb at MAH on 28/03/07. One of my hubby's friend also have a pair of sons on 30/03/07 at MAH.

hi sally.. just want to check with you..did you take up their maternity pkg for your 2nd child? do they refund you the unused portion? .. i was thinking of "paying per bill" for my delivery. Not sure if it work out to be cheaper than pkg. :|

For mummies who has just given birth, may i know whether the single rm in Mt Al is new?..is the renovation completed?

wow.. so many of u like Dr Ho... anyone have any comments on Dr L C Foong from GE? Im seeing him currently thou not preggy yet... i wonder how is his stitching skills... i really hope the after delivery wound is not painful....

Hi.. can someone pls give me the exact location n contact no for Dr Ho? And also advise the estimated charges like staying in a single bed or 3 or 4 bedder in mt A for babies born in 2008. Thanks.

Hi Twinkysg

My friend just delivered last Aug, her bill size for C-sect and single bedded with hubby staying over is abt close to $8K (haven medisave deduction yet). Cash payment close to $4K.

My bill at Mt Al (c-sec with epi) so it's one extra day from natural. Date 23 Feb 09 to 26 Feb 09

PART A - BB's BILL

HOSPITAL CHARGES = SGD686.41
bb package (maternity) + nursery bed charges + diagonistic imaging svc + lab svc + pharmacy + GST

DOCTOR (referring to PD) CHARGES = SGD278.20
Attendence fee

PAGE ONE GRAND TOTAL = 686.41 + 278.2 = 964.61
MINUS est. medisave claim for hopistal = 686.41
MINUS est medisave claim for doctor (PD) charges = 150

SO TOTAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE TO ME FOR PART A = SGD128.2

PART B - MOMMY's BILL

HOSPITAL CHARGES = SGD2274.55
c-sec Delivery with epi + bed charges + clinical consumable & supply + equipment usage + operating theatre + pharmacy

DOCTOR (referring to gynae + anesthetist) CHARGES = SGD2380
Gynae attendence fee + Gynae operation fee + Anesthetist operation fee

PART B GRAND TOTAL = SGD4654.55
MINUS est. medisave claim for hospital = SGD2106.59
MINUS est. medisave claim for Gynae = SGD1093.41

SO TOTAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE FOR ME FOR PART B = SGD1454.55

TOTAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE FOR ME FOR BOTH PART A & B (i.e. this whole delivery) = SGD128.2 + 1454.55 = SGD1582.75

Mine is a double-bedded ward.

HI Alfafa,

Thanks for the detailed breakdown, really helps to see what costs are covered.
Would you reccomend MAH?

Hi Alfafa,

Many thanks for the detailed breakdown, really good to know what costs are covered.
Would you reccommend MAH, single or double room?

i had some complication before delivery and was stayed in a dbl room. i find the space a bit cramp and roudy due to my neighbours' visitors. in the end i choose to stay in a single room for my c sect delivery and was really glad that i did that.

1. i enjoy the privacy, no disturbance of visitors fr ur neighbour and vise verse.
2. my hb can stay wz me
3. dont ve to share toilet ( i spent quite sometime in the toilet aft getting off drip and flooded the whole dustbin too)
4. the room is nice and cozy wz plasma tv

alfafa77

The gyn charges will varies right. Cause some gyn more expensive. But your bill look quite reasonable.

May i know who is your gyn ?

Me plan to stay in MT A as well. Think my gyn is not so cheap kind. Hope my bills come out the same as yours

Back