SUCCESSFUL IUI / IVF

Peonies168

I am in my 40s this year, trying to conceive for the past 18 months but absolutely no result.
Time is running out and I started reading about IUI/IVF when I chanced onto this forum.
Will appreciate if your can share which doctor(s) your did your successful IUI/IVF at.

I am in my 40s this year, trying to conceive for the past 18 months but absolutely no result.
Time is running out and I started reading about IUI/IVF when I chanced onto this forum.
Will appreciate if your can share which doctor(s) your did your successful IUI/IVF at.
Liu Shu Ling from KKH.

Hello, I'm also close to 40 - currently 37 pregnant with my first child.
I have had 3 rounds of IVF with two different clinics.

I did my first at Thomson medical fertility clinic (Paragon) Service is good and the doctor was really attentive and i wanted a female doctor. She's not the kind that will scan you and then chase you away. The reason I did IVF is because I have low ovarian reserve (Low-AMH) - and only learnt about it at 32. :( We tried naturally for a year and nothing happened.

My first IVF failed, but looking back - it is not because of the doctor. Not every couple get a successful pregnancy after 1 round. IVF is truly to assist conception, but it depends on the egg and the sperm whether they're chromosomally compatible for it to be successful, which for my case the embryo did not survive and stick. I was able to use 6000 from Medisave to help offset some of the cost.

I ended up doing IVF in JB because it was cheaper with Dr Tan at IVF Bridge Fertility Center. He can be a bit rush or unkind with words, but he knows what he is very experienced and knows what he is doing.

I'd recommend you to take a fertility test first (if you have not) - IUI is less invasive than IVF. It's also a lot cheaper. I had to go straight to IVF because of my condition.

If you go to KKH - I understand they have a pretty long waiting list and if you're a citizen there are subsidies you can use.
There is no harm getting on the list first and then see if they call you up.

Take care and all the very best! If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

I did my first at Thomson medical fertility clinic (Paragon) Service is good and the doctor was really attentive and i wanted a female doctor. She's not the kind that will scan you and then chase you away. The reason I did IVF is because I have low ovarian reserve (Low-AMH) - and only learnt about it at 32. :( We tried naturally for a year and nothing happened.

My first IVF failed, but looking back - it is not because of the doctor. Not every couple get a successful pregnancy after 1 round. IVF is truly to assist conception, but it depends on the egg and the sperm whether they're chromosomally compatible for it to be successful, which for my case the embryo did not survive and stick. I was able to use 6000 from Medisave to help offset some of the cost.

I ended up doing IVF in JB because it was cheaper with Dr Tan at IVF Bridge Fertility Center. He can be a bit rush or unkind with words, but he knows what he is very experienced and knows what he is doing.

I'd recommend you to take a fertility test first (if you have not) - IUI is less invasive than IVF. It's also a lot cheaper. I had to go straight to IVF because of my condition.

If you go to KKH - I understand they have a pretty long waiting list and if you're a citizen there are subsidies you can use.

Congrats!

Huge congrats! Which clinic is successful for you and who is your doctor? :)

Hi Dear, did my IVF back in 2020 with Dr Liu Shu Ling & Dr Viardot-Foucault Veronique Celine.

My 1st fresh cycle failed because I didnt prep my body beforehand. Gotten 17 eggs but non were good grade. Only 2 made it to froze. Then 5mths later i prep my body, lost 5kg & did a low sugar diet & high protein diet, took blackmore conceive well tablets for 2 months prior.. did a 2nd fresh IVf cycle, gotten 25 eggs with 9 Day5 blastocyst & 2 high grade embryos. Got pregnant for that cycle n gave birth in June 2021. Currently naturally pregnant after 2 Miscarriages. Due August 2024.

These 2 drs are awesome. I recommend my friends to them.. when I was 29yrs old, they gave me the chance to conceive is 30-40% only as per statistics. But we proceed for it still. Didnt regret it..

Hi Dear, did my IVF back in 2020 with Dr Liu Shu Ling & Dr Viardot-Foucault Veronique Celine.

My 1st fresh cycle failed because I didnt prep my body beforehand. Gotten 17 eggs but non were good grade. Only 2 made it to froze. Then 5mths later i prep my body, lost 5kg & did a low sugar diet & high protein diet, took blackmore conceive well tablets for 2 months prior.. did a 2nd fresh IVf cycle, gotten 25 eggs with 9 Day5 blastocyst & 2 high grade embryos. Got pregnant for that cycle n gave birth in June 2021. Currently naturally pregnant after 2 Miscarriages. Due August 2024.

These 2 drs are awesome. I recommend my friends to them.. when I was 29yrs old, they gave me the chance to conceive is 30-40% only as per statistics. But we proceed for it still. Didnt regret it..
Hi 5! My doc was Dr Liu Shu Ling too! She's really awesome.

Thank you so much for sharing, Azasha.
I made an appointment with Dr Liu Shu Ling and the scheduled appointment with her is in Oct 2024.
Am contemplating if I can wait so long to see her as age and time is catching up with me :(

I made an appointment with Dr Liu Shu Ling and the scheduled appointment with her is in Oct 2024.
Am contemplating if I can wait so long to see her as age and time is catching up with me :(
Can only tell u need to do test etc… also depend on ur menses cycle, after that sign consent … maybe have to wait for months

Can only tell u need to do test etc… also depend on ur menses cycle, after that sign consent … maybe have to wait for months
I see, thanks for enlightening.
I really hope to visit Dr Liu Shu Ling but the wait seems daunting.
Guess the popular doctors usually have quite a queue.
Has anyone considered IUI / IVF in JB?

Ahh yes.. usually while waiting for the appt, u can start prepping your body for a pregnancy dear. Taking in supplements like the Blackmores, and u can try calling the kkh appt line to check if they have any earlier or cancelled slots. U can also do a fertility blood test while waiting.

Sometimes, it's good to wait for the right doc than to anyhow grab a doc and keeps getting disappointed....all you need is just one good cycle and one good embryo...in the meantime, while waiting, you might want to improve your lifestyle and up your protein to yield quality eggs

Hi.. I did my ivf with Prof Ng Soon Chye at sincere healthcare.. he's a very nice senior doctor.. very grandfather-like figure :) i did my retrieval in June last year, but only 5 made it to the D5 and D6 blastocyst.. the first transfer was not successful.. i'm currently pregnant after the second transfer in Dec.. perhaps you can go for a consult and see what he says. normally you and your hubby will have to do a bunch of test before starting.. then after that, he can suggest what is the best step going forward.. pray that everything goes well for you! all the very best! feel free if you have any qns :)

Ahh yes.. usually while waiting for the appt, u can start prepping your body for a pregnancy dear. Taking in supplements like the Blackmores, and u can try calling the kkh appt line to check if they have any earlier or cancelled slots. U can also do a fertility blood test while waiting.
Which supplements are you taking? Am on Swisse pre-pregnancy and Coq10.

Sometimes, it's good to wait for the right doc than to anyhow grab a doc and keeps getting disappointed....all you need is just one good cycle and one good embryo...in the meantime, while waiting, you might want to improve your lifestyle and up your protein to yield quality eggs
I will continue to wait for my appointment with her in Oct. Am taking supplements from Swisse pre conception and Coq10. Also went for TCM acupuncture and on Chinese medicine. My husband's sperm count is low, hence I thought IUI might be a better solution for us (hopefully, keeping my fingers cross) before going for IVF.

I will continue to wait for my appointment with her in Oct. Am taking supplements from Swisse pre conception and Coq10. Also went for TCM acupuncture and on Chinese medicine. My husband's sperm count is low, hence I thought IUI might be a better solution for us (hopefully, keeping my fingers cross) before going for IVF.
Perhaps he can try to increase his protein intake, take cold showers and wear boxers. The more airy down there, the better for the sperm LOL. Perhaps in this case, should focus on your hubby since his sperm intake is low. Many years back, my friend's hubby had this issue. He went to see Tan Siew Buoy (Yes I dont like her at all) and took her meds and they ended up having 2 daughters.

Back