TTC - Trying to Conceive 2017

period report again...
hoping next mth will be a miracle mth for me and all who is trying to have baby..
Baby dust

same here.
went to buy clear blue digital during lunch time, and in the evening AF came. mine usually come in the morning but lately cycle seems to have changed abit . last month was one week late, thot i may be preg but chances were slim.

Hi all,

After trying for 5 yrs, with 3 failed IUI, 1 failed fresh n 1 failed fet, we finally succeeded. Am 6weeks preggies. Thought i would post to share with others on what I did differently this ivf cycle.
1. I did endoscratchin half a mth before this ivf cycle, painful process but in my opinion worth it. 2. I change tcm dr who was very good, she did acupuncture for me before trf, after trf and also consecutively even after trf combined with moxa which supposedly warms ur womb. 3. I prepared lots of chicken soup the day before transfer and kept them in the fridge, made sure i drank hot soup every meal except brekkie for the entire 2ww. This keeps u warm 4. After trf, i wore socks 24/7 and also kept myself warm with more clothes even when sleeping.
5. Despite all the research saying bedrest wasnt essential, i literally jus rested on my couch or bed for at least 3 to 5days post transfer, occasionally goin out for meals and did not lift anything heavy. 6. Ate a balance meal, meat brown rice, vege, soup and took supplements.
So that was what i did, yes it was a handful but at least it helped me. Baby dust to all!

Wow! I do experience same experience as you. TTC for 5 yrs, 3 failed IUI, 1 failed fresh n 1 failed fet too and hoping for a positive the next round of cycle. So can I check with you, now that you are preggy, u did fresh cycle or FET again?

Cos I am planning to do FET next cycle. Hoping for the best

hello mummies! I have a huge bunch of LH (~50?) and HCG (~5) strips to give away. Includes unused urine cups. These have seen me through 2 pregnancies and 3 babies. Hoping that they will continue to bless another mummy-to-be with lots of baby dust! :) Self collect at Buona Vista MRT or vicinity only. PM me if you're interested. All the best TTC-ing! :)

20170424_130005_2.jpg

My successful cycle is a FET. We were fortunate to have enough blastocysts. All the best to ur next cycle Lucky 3!!

Wow! I do experience same experience as you. TTC for 5 yrs, 3 failed IUI, 1 failed fresh n 1 failed fet too and hoping for a positive the next round of cycle. So can I check with you, now that you are preggy, u did fresh cycle or FET again?

I

My successful cycle is a FET. We were fortunate to have enough blastocysts. All the best to ur next cycle Lucky 3!!

I hope lucky 3. I still have 5 more blastocyst. I really hope this time round it will work. I am tired of getting negative results.

I'm 10dpo today, what about the rest?

I am also still waiting for my O....

Although I am using the OPK, at the same time I am also counting the CD to my O. However, noticed that different apps / websites calculate the O days differently which a few days difference.

Generally, when will O happen? 14 days after 1st day of AF?

I'm 10dpo today, what about the rest?

I am dpo 4!!! I realize after I O will feel v tired (lower back ache) the next day and keep feeling hungry.. initially there cramps on the 1-2 days (after O) and sensitive nipple but today no more sensitive nipple.. Got a feeling not going to strike... any symptoms so far for you?

Although I am using the OPK, at the same time I am also counting the CD to my O. However, noticed that different apps / websites calculate the O days differently which a few days difference.

It depends on your cycle date.. if you are always constant CD28 than likely you O period will be CD14.. just look out for symptoms like discharge and sometimes there are cramp when you going to O.. :)

It depends on your cycle date.. if you are always constant CD28 than likely you O period will be CD14.. just look out for symptoms like discharge and sometimes there are cramp when you going to O.. :)

Yah... I think that is the problem... My CD has not be constant... and I am not able to monitor through other symptoms you describe as well. Guess I will only rely on OPK...

Yah... I think that is the problem... My CD has not be constant... and I am not able to monitor through other symptoms you describe as well. Guess I will only rely on OPK...

My CD also not constant... and I start using OPK from 14th of the month..all negative. so i give up. i focus on my CM instead.

Hi adlina
Dont loose hope as day 5 blastocysts are strong. Jus concentrate on strengthenin ur body before ur trf.
I did some low impact excercise 2 to 3times a week like brisk walkin before transfer and the rest as i said the following:
"1. endoscratchin half a mth before this ivf cycle, painful process but in my opinion worth it. 2. acupuncture which was before trf, after trf and also consecutively even after trf combined with moxa whichsupposedly warms ur womb. 3. prepared lots of chicken soup the day beforetransfer and kept them in the fridge, made sure i drank hot soup every meal except brekkie for the entire 2ww. This keeps u warm 4. After trf, i wore socks 24/7 and also kept myself warm with more clothes even when sleeping.
5. rested on my couch or bed for at least 3 to 5days post transfer, occasionally goin out for meals very short walks and did not lift anything heavy. 6. Ate a balance meal, took brazil nuts, meat, brown rice, vege, soup and prenatal supplements

Last edited:
Hi adlina
Dont loose hope as day 5 blastocysts are strong. Jus concentrate on strengthenin ur body before ur trf.
I did some low impact excercise 2 to 3times a week like brisk walkin before transfer and the rest as i said the following:
"1. endoscratchin half a mth before this ivf cycle, painful process but in my opinion worth it. 2. acupuncture which was before trf, after trf and also consecutively even after trf combined with moxa whichsupposedly warms ur womb. 3. prepared lots of chicken soup the day beforetransfer and kept them in the fridge, made sure i drank hot soup every meal except brekkie for the entire 2ww. This keeps u warm 4. After trf, i wore socks 24/7 and also kept myself warm with more clothes even when sleeping.
5. rested on my couch or bed for at least 3 to 5days post transfer, occasionally goin out for meals very short walks and did not lift anything heavy. 6. Ate a balance meal, took brazil nuts, meat, brown rice, vege, soup and prenatal supplements

Hi rox,
where did u do yr acupuncture?

When we O, which opk shows positive, it means ur egg will be released within 24 to 48 hrs.. so u nd to hv sperm standby inside u..

I also noticed different app different prediction.. but mine, fertility fren quite accurate for me..

My cd also not accurate.. like last mth i only O'd at cd 24.. but the mth b4 was cd 31.. i started using opk at cd 8 cos since not the same every mth, i started early to test..

Gd luck everyone..

Today is 10dpo, slight brown discharge yest, and tinge of pink when I wipe today. Just pray it's implantation.. if not my menses reporting early soon.. I'm out for rooster if that happens... feeling nervous

Today is 10dpo, slight brown discharge yest, and tinge of pink when I wipe today. Just pray it's implantation.. if not my menses reporting early soon.. I'm out for rooster if that happens... feeling nervous

I'm out......... Menses come liao

Hi adlina
Where can I buy the brazil nuts? I will be going for my endoscratch on 16 May. The procedure is painful???? Ahhhh... The gynae say not painful. Only a bit of crampy...

Where can I buy the brazil nuts? I will be going for my endoscratch on 16 May. The procedure is painful???? Ahhhh... The gynae say not painful. Only a bit of crampy...

I bought brazil nuts at mustafa, $6.90/pkt. For some ladies it was painful. For me it wasnt. U can hv some spotting too but it will go off after a day..u can take panadol bef yr scratch.

Hi adlina

Hi! Where you do endoscratch?

Adlina just take all the medication prescribed by the dr before and after. I didnt wana take some so it was quite a nightmare for me.
Brazil nuts can be bought cheap at teck sang hong kong street.

Adlina just take all the medication prescribed by the dr before and after. I didnt wana take some so it was quite a nightmare for me.
Brazil nuts can be bought cheap at teck sang hong kong street.

I took all the medications and yes it is a nightmare. I am hoping this time round it will help.

I bought brazil nuts at mustafa, $6.90/pkt. For some ladies it was painful. For me it wasnt. U can hv some spotting too but it will go off after a day..u can take panadol bef yr scratch.
What is the procedure like? And how long is it?

Reactions: YSK
ladies, have a question...

I have been using the OPK to check since cd9, and the test line has been faint until it turned dark a few days ago. However, the test line is not as dark as the control line so I continued to test every day, since I understand that for it to be positive, the test line has to be darker or same color as the control line.

However, after that day of dark line, the test line now goes back to faint line...

Have I missed my O day? :(

ladies, have a question...

I have been using the OPK to check since cd9, and the test line has been faint until it turned dark a few days ago. However, the test line is not as dark as the control line so I continued to test every day, since I understand that for it to be positive, the test line has to be darker or same color as the control line.

However, after that day of dark line, the test line now goes back to faint line...

Have I missed my O day? :(

Most likely you have missed your O day. U can actually start BD when test line is dark.

What is the procedure like? And how long is it?

Dr wil insert speculum and insert a catheter. Some will be given cytotec to insert 3hrs bef the procedure. U might feel some discomfort. Some ladies feel pain, u can take panadol bef the procedure. It will take est 20min. After the procedure, u might have some spotting and cramps for a day or two.

I thought 1 more day and it would be darkest ( same color as control line ) and wanted to try on that actual day. Who knows it will be gone so fast?!

Sigh... :(:(

Hi babe, maybe you would like to try using clearblue OPK, it shows smiley face when you are going to ovulate... Then no need to read the lines... I have issues with reading the lines as well so I used clearblue OPK...

Dear all, first time here and I am trying for 2nd baby. Any one here is a POAS addict? I find myself testing multiple times within a day. I am super obsessed but trying to control. Super unhealthy for my mental :(

Seems like getting pregnant 2nd time is not as easy as I thought.

Last edited:
I am new here. Married for 7 years. Trying for last 3 years but still no news. Last Dec, went for TCM at Aegle Acupuncture and see improvement in menses regulating. But thinking of changing TCM as the location is a bit off for me. Anyone had better TCM to recommend. My friend is recommending Fu Nan @ Bukit Batok. Anyone tried there? Hope to get some comment here.

I am new here. Married for 7 years. Trying for last 3 years but still no news. Last Dec, went for TCM at Aegle Acupuncture and see improvement in menses regulating. But thinking of changing TCM as the location is a bit off for me. Anyone had better TCM to recommend. My friend is recommending Fu Nan @ Bukit Batok. Anyone tried there? Hope to get some comment here.
Hi Elaine,

Welcome! I am currently visiting Dr Su from Fu Nan, tried since last Jan but in between stopped for 6mths due to various reasons (moving house and gynae said put on hold first). Just went back since last month. I would said it has helped in terms of circulation, no more cold hands and feets. But still no news :(. I think it takes time.

Thanks for the reply. I was also recommend by friends to see Dr Su from Fu Nan.

Just a few question for you

1. How is her charges like?
2. First time visit can we call for appointment or have to walk in.
3. Need spouse to be around or just me can already

Hi babe, maybe you would like to try using clearblue OPK, it shows smiley face when you are going to ovulate... Then no need to read the lines... I have issues with reading the lines as well so I used clearblue OPK...

Was considering it, but clearblue OPK is more expensive.. As I am currently testing everyday, will be using the OPK for days which shows faint and clearblue during the estimated fertile days...

It is strange... everyday test but OPK shows nothing... or should I be testing 2x a day?

Thanks for the reply. I was also recommend by friends to see Dr Su from Fu Nan.

Just a few question for you

1. How is her charges like?
2. First time visit can we call for appointment or have to walk in.
3. Need spouse to be around or just me can already
Hi Elaine,

You are welcome!:) We normally take the TCM powder for 2 weeks supply, mine is about $50plus and my hubby is about $20plus. Mine need to take twice a day, his one a day only. I normally go on Sat, you can't make appointment beforehand. For Sat, numbers will be distributed from 1pm onwards and Dr Su will see patients from 1.30pm. I think 1st time need to walk in, they need you to fill up a card with your particulars. You can go straight to the counter, let them know you are here first time, get the card first to fill while go back to join the queue. However, for subsequent visits, you can call and get number after 1.30pm and you can ask the assistant about what time you should go down. Good to have your hubby with you, normally see both persons to tiao the health.

Hi Elaine,

You are welcome!:) We normally take the TCM powder for 2 weeks supply, mine is about $50plus and my hubby is about $20plus. Mine need to take twice a day, his one a day only. I normally go on Sat, you can't make appointment beforehand. For Sat, numbers will be distributed from 1pm onwards and Dr Su will see patients from 1.30pm. I think 1st time need to walk in, they need you to fill up a card with your particulars. You can go straight to the counter, let them know you are here first time, get the card first to fill while go back to join the queue. However, for subsequent visits, you can call and get number after 1.30pm and you can ask the assistant about what time you should go down. Good to have your hubby with you, normally see both persons to tiao the health.

Thanks for the advise. Will try out without husband first cos he not really supportive on this. It's like I am doing this alone.

Back