worried & nervous. Is this pregnancy viable?

My LMP was 24 Aug, I typically have 31-35 days cycle and I know I usually have LH surge on CD 21,22. So tmr is my appt and I Shld be 8 wk pregnant base on LMP. But of Coz I know I ovulated way later so I cld be 1 wk behind.

But last wk, due to a vaginal infection w discharge I went kkh O&G 24hr. A transvaginal u/s showed an empty sac . The doc say I may be very early. 4 weeks. (I thought I was 6 or 7 wk last wk). The doc didn't seem worried and can't wait for me to get out of her room. And then I went home w the prescribed pessary.

i asked the doc if I Shld do beta HCG test and she said no need. I asked isn't it abnormal that I'm only 4wks? She says lmp not accurate. That's all. So being worried, I went to gp and have my own HCG test done since I did once a wk ago. It increased Frm 1023 on 4 oct to 15505 on 13 October. I think the levels sort of assured me a little but I worry again when I read that with this level of HCG u Shld be able to see a heart beat already.

I'm trying not to overthink and let whatever need to happen, to happen. But this is my first time pregnant and it is still sad if things don't go according to plan. This is just too precious. Did anyone have similar experience ? I'm so worried abt the scan tmr. I'm afraid they will say my sac is not growing or its too small and the growth doesn't match my dates at all. I realli hope it was because I ovulated late and implantated late and everything delayed..?

Last edited:

I really think you worry too much. Just sit back and enjoy your pregnancy, don't be stressed. Being worried wouldnt help or change anything at all. Let the doctor do his job tomorrow :) All the best for a smooth pregnancy :)

Since hcg level is going up it's a good sign
Don worry I m sure all will be fine for u tonororw

Right.. Guess there's no point worrying .. And worrying is not going to change any outcome. Hope for the good news later on. Thanks both :)

How was ur appt

We saw the heart beat!! Almost cried .. The sonographer said I'm abt 6w2d. She said the doc who scanned me last wk cld have made a mistake or the bb simply grew well during these 5 days. I Guess I wouldn't worry so much if the doc didn't tell me I was merely 4w last wk.. Glad to see the little flickering thing! Hopefully it will continue to grow and till then it's gonna be another 9 wks before the next appt. I can finally sleep well tonight.. Thank u all for the assurance

Back