Mummies staying at Fernvale

tigress, i see alot of kids on my side sending their kids to sengkang methodist.. i heard tht their prices are comparable.. u may wanna check it out. has 2 sessions..

Thanks ladies for the info.

I managed to get back the non-refundable deposit ($100) from CAMBRIDGE. The ppl there are nice and professional, too bad, they are out of my budget.

$580 - $150 = $430. I know Cambridge Hougang is $730 for full day, so after subsidy it's also $430. I was hoping to find a place that is around $300-400 range. Kinderland is offering $1,116/term for 3 hrs daily program or $850 for full day b4 subsidy. BTW, where is Seng Kang Methodist?

Tigress,

SengKang Methodist is at Anchorvale. Oh.. was chatting with Adil.. she said ur boy din cry at all and adjusted very well... was sharing toys and playing wif others.
happy.gif

Another kindergarten to consider is St Anne's Church Kindy (nearer to Rivervale side)... but it's further than Sengkang Methodist. But both kindys shd have sch buses. Fr wat I understand.. mthly fees for church kindys are in the range of ard $250.

Crayonmum,

I spoke with Adil just now, surprisingly my boy behaved very well in the class. My boy is a little monster at home, when he is angry, he will knock his head on the wall. He alway has the habit of slapping ppl's face. I actually told Adil to be cautious in case he bully other children. But Adil said Jowen is a good boy. I'm going to school with him next Tues, will you be there? Did you see my son today?

I have shortlisted a few centres, is it too early to make inquires now? I called Treasurebox today, the lady on the line keep saying "Full OLidy, full OLidy (in broken English), it really makes me wonder if it's worth my effort to go down & have a look. Anyway, treasurebox full day is $780.00, if I hear her correctly.

Seng Kang Methodist charges $190/mth which I find it very affordable. I wonder if Yio Chu Kang Chapel offers N1 classes, I could not locate their website.

Tigress,

I shd be at kindertots on tues.... but provided i send Ian to sch on time.. then we may have the chance to bump into each other.
happy.gif

we are 80% of the time late.. reaching sch abt 10.45am.. hehhe...

din get to see Jowen today... coz we were late again.. :p

Jowen sounds like Ian when Ian was younger.. will bang head on wall, table, floor when angry and doesn't like to share and interact... but it's a passing phase... dun worry.. ian has outgrown the head-banging..
happy.gif

I also warned Adil last time.. and till now.. Ian hasn't thrown a tantrum in sch... amazing.. :p

oh.. this is the website of YCK chapel kindy.. http://www.yckckindergarten.com/

i was considering YCK chapel too.. but i read online (either in this forum or somewhere) that the curriculum is not very academic focused... but I've not visited the sch myself ..

no lah.. definitely not early to make enquiries.. lotsa popular schs are already full... if i'm not wrong.. PCF starts their registration in May... it's April now.. definitely not too early.
happy.gif

hi all,
JTS, my fren's son is in St Anne's Church -N2..
Undrstand fr her dat they r rather academic focus, so far for the past 3mths, her son alredi cn read all the chinese books dat he brot bac fr sch!! And fyi, she herself is a HongKonger, they dun speak mandarin at hme, instd she speaks Cantonese to her son!!Besides, sch oso giv quite alot homework for the kidsAnd parents wl oso b givn a list of syllabus wat the child wl b taught in sch...
happy.gif

...(wich PCF oni last wk den start to giv homework, and its writg letter "a"!!! And tis wk, letter "b"!! )

I read from moms4moms forum that YCK Chapel is good leh, anyway it's better to go down & take a look.

Heard St Anne's Church has a long waiting list, is that right?

Tigress,

I think it depends on wat u want for ur boy... learning thru play or academic focused or a focus on Chinese, etc....so wat is gd for someone else may not be gd for another.
happy.gif

Not sure abt long waiting list of St Anne's..

Hi mummies,

May I know where do you buy ngoh he(threadfin) from? I order from the veggie stall at 403 behind the provision shop, but the fish is not very fresh.

Has anyone bought from the Jln Selaseh provision shop or Fernvale Point before? Or do you buy from nearby neighbourhood wet market?

Crayonmum,

Fish are sold at supermarkets are not as fresh as those sold on the wet market. I need to buy a lot to keep, that's why I need to buy fresh fish.

My sis has bought from ntuc before and says it's not as fresh as the wet market ones.

Pingping,

oic. I nvr buy fr mkt b4 so i'm not sure.
happy.gif

my mum who stays near me does her mkting at one of the mkts at AMK Ave 10 (there are 3 mkts along ave 10)... short drive fr Fernvale.. but i dun think there's a straight bus to go there.

I always buy my fishes from Chong Pang Market. You may want to try buying from the wet market at Rivervale Plaza, but I find the prices a little bit higher than other places.

Hi Pingping,

how abt the mkt at Fernvale Point? I get my fishes there which is quite fresh.
happy.gif
Or AMK Blk 527/529 can't remember the exact blk no, it is also very fresh there n also lots of stall for u to choose from.

Vivienne,

I think u r referring to the mkt at Blk 527 at AMK Ave 10. My mum goes to that mkt too.
happy.gif
The chicken rice at the corner stall in the hawker centre facing the carpark is very gd!

hi pingping,
or u may wana try Blk 308 Anchorvale mkt, i heard the groceries there r cheaper n fresher!!

many of my gal's classmates' mum wl go there to buy...and also the veg at Blk 403 is fresh n cheaper than fernvale pt!!

hth
happy.gif

hi mummies
for those who stay near my blk 406A, anyone want this week iweekly? I had order from iweekly but they nvr inform when they will post, so i bought this week de & now received their copy again. so i have two copy, i will give out one copy FOC. First come first serve.

hi all,
I hv BN pack of Huggies Dry Comfort diaper - Sz XL (54pc) to let go at $15...(RP $19.75, NTUC hvng offer at $16.95)
Bot extra pack, bt nw my boy is toilet trained, dun need anymore...
happy.gif

Collectn : Fernvale
Interestd PM me..

thks
happy.gif

Crayonmum - Yah, always long queue one. Especially, during lunch hour. Another stall selling "ji si mian" also good but the aunty always put alot of chilli although u told her less chilli.
happy.gif
The wantan is very nice.

Pingping - no problem.

Hi Carmen,

I can get it from you. Let me know how to pick it up. BTW, how old is your boy? I'm having a hard time toilet training my 21mth old boy.

hi tigress,
my boy wl be 3yo nx wk!!
happy.gif

21mth old stl 2 young leh..hehee
tho i hv heard of frens' bb were toilet-traind at 2yo...
u wl noe whn they r ready...so, dun worri ya!!
happy.gif

btw, mine is Sz XL, wl it b too big for ur boy since he's oni 21mth old??

Tigress,

I also have trouble toilet-training my boy who's coming 28m...
sad.gif

Carmen,

How do u start training ur boy? Can share ur "secret recipe"? hehe..
happy.gif

afternoon.. help me work tis out too. my gal is toilet trained.. juz.. but she does it standing up only.. hw? she can hold her pee in for 4 hrs........

Hi Carmen,

My boy is big, he has been wearing XL since 12mths old, he has big tummy. He is already at 14kg now. I'm at 406B, let me know what time would be convenient to pick up from you and which blk r u at?

My colleague told me her daughter was toilet trained at 1yr old, that makes me worried. I tried to toilet train my boy, but he always tell me after he pee. I called Yio Chu Kang Chapel on their pre-nursery class, the lady told me minimum age requirement is 2.5yrs old and MUST BE toilet trained!

Tigress, Crayonmum, Fi,

Do ur kiddos alredi nt wearg diapr in the day?
I started toilet-trained my kids oni durin the day, ie, w/o diapers...Beginning hv to bring them to toilet e'ry 10-15min...aft a wk/ so, roughly noes hw long is their interval, dat makes it easier for me...tho there wl b few times dat i missed, and he pee on the flr...and i wl tell him he shd pee in the toilet...
aft he's more/less able to hold his urine, i dun let him wear diaper during nap time...(ie, arnd 1-3hr nap)...nite time i stl let him wear...
and i oni started recently by wakg him up in the middle of the nite to pee...and realised for the last 2 wks his diaper wasnt wet at all whn he wakes up in the morng...So, i guess he is READY! and surprisingly nwadys he wl wake up by himself in the mid of nite tellg me he wana wee....
happy.gif

Fi,
mayb ur gal c ur boy doin it in standg postn and she folo...probably u hv to correct her each time she does it "standg", lettg her noes dat gal dos it by "sittg" while boy "standg"...

My gal aft gg sch, saw boys doin it "standg", sumX she wl tell me she wants to "stand n wee"...
and i wl tell her "NO!!oni boys cn do it"...
so nw, she doesnt....
happy.gif

Tigress,
m stayin in Blk 407B...wl u b hme 2molo am?
I wl b sendg my gal to sch at 8am...mayb aft i drop her in sch, i cn mit u at ur blk n pass to u??
i wl PM u my contact..
happy.gif

Carmen22,

How do you know when they can stop wearing diapers during naptime? My gal still wear diaper during daytime nap. As for my boy, still don't dare to walk at 19mths, only walk when I hold his hands. So not so easy to toilet train him yet.

I want to know how you cope with 2 kids? Are you able to cook for yrself or just for yr kids? I find problem coping esp now my gal is studying in Fernvale PCF. I really admire u able to cope with 2 kids going to school.

PingPing,

Juz hv to try for the 1st time...
there bound 2b wettg of bed initially...
happy.gif

As during the days they dun wear diaper, so roughly i noe their intervals aft a while...
And their nap time is betwn 1-3hr..so usu b4 they nap, i wl ask them to wee 1st...
and of cos, whn the 1st few times whn they wokeup fr nap w/o wettg their bed, wl praise n encourage them...hehee..
for my gal, i act told her dat all her frens r nt wearg diaper anymore, so u shd learn to do likewise...sumhw it seems to work...tho m nt sure isit advisable to do so... :p

oh, probably u may wana try put ur boy's fav toy in front of u, and "entice" him to walk by himself towards u...? mayb for a start, nt too far a distance, say 3-4 steps away...? keep on tryin, aft a while, he'll get the hang of walkg and wl start to roam arnd himself...
happy.gif

usually aft i send my gal to sch, i wl rush bac to cook for them...i oni cook for my kids...i wl cook their 2 meals 2gther (lunch n dinner). wl leave the porridge in thermal pot to keep it warm..so, e'rytin hv 2b "chop chop"....all wl b cooked n done wif within 1hr....!! den wl hv to rush to pick my gal..
happy.gif

As for myself, i wl wait for hb 2b hme den we head out for our dinner..my kids wud hv taken their meals b4 my hb is bac...(ie, arnd 4.30-4.45pm)
So, u cn imagine, whn we r out for our dinner, our kids wl sit there n watch us eat..hahaaa
alot pple who dun noe, tot dat we r "starving" our kids...hahaaa
esp my gal who wl make noise n cry cos she wana "share" our food evn tho she alredi taken her dinner at hme!! dats hw big eater my gal is!!

Hi Carmen,

I try to let my boy wear diaper only when he sleep or during outings. Most of the time, I let him wear training pants at home, but he always pee in the pants :p

Crayonmum,

You know what? My boy settled down in Kindertots with little effort, by 2nd session, we already left him there alone. Now, my boy refuses to go home, he wants to stay at Kindertots, my maid has to drag him home.

Tigeress,
I heard from many mummies that boys might be slower in toilet training. My gal is toilet trained since 23mths but my boy's still not showing any signs of readiness yet. He can sit on the toilet bowl for 10-15mins and nothing come out.

Carmen,
would have gotten the diapers from you if I'm still at Fernvale.
happy.gif
My boy had been wearing Huggies XL since 15mths old too, fat butt, haha!

Pingping,
you are a SAHM with 2 kids also? How old are your kids? *sorry, if I miss that earlier on*
I also find it difficult to cook with the kids around. My kids are in CC so usually I'll cook everything for them and for ourselves before picking them. I'll usually just cook for them on weekends when they are not in school then will eat out for ourselves, easier.
happy.gif

tigress,
my boy oni wears underwear (din get any traing pant)durin the day... :p
whn ur boy wakes up fr his nap, is his diaper v wet?? or juz mayb 1 or 2 pee??
if its v wet, mayb he's stl nt ready...if its juz 1 or 2 pee, u cn start to do w/o diaper during nap...if u r worrid dat he may wet his bed, put waterproof cover underneath bedsht, so evn bedsht is wet, u cn wash it...bt it wl nt wet the mattress...
For me, i din buy waterproof cover, initially i used those rubber mat dat they used to use it whn they were a baby...to put in betwn bedsht n mattress...or alternatively u cn use afew diaper cloth to lay in betwn (to cut cost)....try it out on them for few days/evn a wk...

irin,
oh yes, i find dat Huggies is gd n px quite alrite..in fact i prefer Huggies den Pampers...For Pull-ups, Mamy Poko is well recommended..
happy.gif

Hw r u doin at ur new place?
we were so tempted to sell our flat esp nwadys c alot property agents arnd our area...
and saw the newly launched The Peak was so attractive!! any1 went to the shwrm? my neighbor went n shwd me the catalogue...v pricey tho....

hi mummies,
juz r'cvd tis fr spree, bot for hb, bt too big for him..anyone keen :

BN ON Men's Painter Denim Short (12'')
Size : 30W
Color : Med Authentic

2361819.jpg

wl let go at cost to fernvale mummies...
happy.gif

cheers

evening mummies....super hot today..

Carmen- yup my kids are diaperless now.. started wif my boy first then juz tis wk my gal.. my gal is rather strange, she will not pee outside.. she can hold her pee for 4 hrs.. then go hm n pee in the shower.. we do tell her to pee in potty but.... my boy does it sitting dwn even in sch... i tink it was my mistake coz when i first started out wif my gal, when she dun pee in potty i will tell her to squat on flr or do standing up.. i guess now its a habit... sigh....... night time still on diaper.. they are nt dry yet.. mummy lazy refuse to wake up at nite.. kekekeke...

Hi Irin,

Yes, I am a SAHM with 2 kids, gal coming to 4 r this Aug, and boy coming to 2 in Sept. I find it difficult to cook for myself with 2 kids, can manage to cook for them only. When I had my gal only, I can cook lunch for myself. Prefer home cooked food, though not as tasty as outside food but healthier.

You hv twins, right? How old are they? Is MP pull up cheaper than Nepia pull up? I hv been using Nepia for a long time, hv not tried out other brands.

Pingping,
ya, I have a pair of 2yrs old twins.
Usually if I'm the only one at home with them, I'll cook for all 3 of us, 1 soup, 1 meat/vege and rice then that's it.
happy.gif
But if hb around then got to cook more dishes, he's a fussy eater. I don't like outside food too so I'll cook from Mon-Fri then weekends sometimes depends.

MP pull ups per piece is about 3cts more ex than Nepia. I've tried Nepia before too and I think MP is much better in terms of material and absorbency.

Crayonmum,

Adil's Dad just passed away, so no class next week. Hopefully she's ok. BTW, next Sat is YCK Chapel open hse, see if you want to pop by for a look.

Carmen,

Thanks for the diapers. Have not receive your bank details leh. Or you want me to drop it into your letterbox? Let me know ok?

Tigress,

yah lor.. i got her sms too.
sad.gif

thks for the info on YCK chapel open hse..
happy.gif
have already registered at Canaan... so dun think i will pop by.

Good morning mummies,

my 25mths old boy is also toilet train in the day only but nap n nite still need diaper. He will step on the stool to pee n then poo he will use the kids toilet seat.
happy.gif

Fi - when my son first time did his poo without diaper he did it standing up in the toilet, then i hv to pick up aft him but nw he do it the proper way liao. whew!
happy.gif

Irin - how r u at ur new hse? MP pullups which colour r ur kids using?They hv the new orange colour ones, hv u tried them?

Back