IVF/ICSI Support Group

My beta on 10dp5dt is ~300, conservatively happy. Can't wait for the US! It's tough not knowing how the little one is doing inside.

Btw, do you all have a few beta to see if it doubles every 2-3 days during tww? I read this alot on forum but mine scheduled US straightaway with just 1 beta result.

My beta on 10dp5dt is ~300, conservatively happy. Can't wait for the US! It's tough not knowing how the little one is doing inside.

Btw, do you all have a few beta to see if it doubles every 2-3 days during tww? I read this alot on forum but mine scheduled US straightaway with just 1 beta result.
Hi congrats! Mine didn’t, my bt was 14dp5dt and next appt is ultrasound already.
For me I use the clear blue test kit to keep make sure it stays at 2-3 weeks then change to 3+weeks plus pregnant to keep myself positive….till the US

Hi congrats! Mine didn’t, my bt was 14dp5dt and next appt is ultrasound already.
For me I use the clear blue test kit to keep make sure it stays at 2-3 weeks then change to 3+weeks plus pregnant to keep myself positive….till the US
Thank you! Oh I'm so glad you said this! I've been testing with normal test kit on every other day and hubby is laughing at me silly.

How often do you test with clear blue?

First time I've gotten any positive, feels so surreal! Couldn't ask anyone cos none of my friends or family doing ivf, I'm glad for this forum!

Congrats again! Btw u have any more blastocyst in freezer? I have one more so now thinking shld I discard? But abit can't bear to do it.
Nope, I do not have any more blastos in the freezer, if all goes well, I would say it's a beautiful ending bah :)

If you think you want to give it a chance, go for it!

Nope, I do not have any more blastos in the freezer, if all goes well, I would say it's a beautiful ending bah :)

If you think you want to give it a chance, go for it!
Gd for u. I'm in delimma. Dunno shld give the las one a try. But now with 3 kids, already a headache for me as I have no helper. Mainly doing everything on my own.

Thank you! Oh I'm so glad you said this! I've been testing with normal test kit on every other day and hubby is laughing at me silly.

How often do you test with clear blue?

First time I've gotten any positive, feels so surreal! Couldn't ask anyone cos none of my friends or family doing ivf, I'm glad for this forum!
Haha I can’t remember already but I remember I bought 2-3 test to feel more assured I’m still pregnant till US! It was about 2-3 weeks later after beta.

Gd for u. I'm in delimma. Dunno shld give the las one a try. But now with 3 kids, already a headache for me as I have no helper. Mainly doing everything on my own.
I have no helper too! I understand your situation! It gets very overwhelming! Perhaps you may want to have a wait and see approach; if you can cope with the youngest kid, then perhaps can give it a shot for #4.

I have no helper too! I understand your situation! It gets very overwhelming! Perhaps you may want to have a wait and see approach; if you can cope with the youngest kid, then perhaps can give it a shot for #4.
Hw did u manage without helper with ur 4th coming soon? Are u a sahm? With 3 now I am super exhausted already. I had a csect for the third one due to low lying placenta so oso need to wait for quite awhile if really wan try no4.

Hw did u manage without helper with ur 4th coming soon? Are u a sahm? With 3 now I am super exhausted already. I had a csect for the third one due to low lying placenta so oso need to wait for quite awhile if really wan try no4.
I am working full time ley, just that I WFH. Ya, I do feel exhausted most of the time, but I am fortunate to have the support and help from my ah lao..

Nvm la, take your time to recover and build up your health before deciding. Too early to decide since you just gave birth.

I am working full time ley, just that I WFH. Ya, I do feel exhausted most of the time, but I am fortunate to have the support and help from my ah lao..

Nvm la, take your time to recover and build up your health before deciding. Too early to decide since you just gave birth.
Yea shld think abt it again nxt yr. And in the meanwhile trying to lose the 10kg of my fats. Hard work.

Ya he's not very keen. But i cant bear to discard the embryos.. We are getting close to 40 already
Ya I oso can't bear to discard the blastocyst. Somemore the last fresh cycle spent so much on it. If ur hub not keen then abit hard liao right? Ur two embryos same quality? Now I thinking will I regret in future if discard it since has a chance to become my child...

Ya I oso can't bear to discard the blastocyst. Somemore the last fresh cycle spent so much on it. If ur hub not keen then abit hard liao right? Ur two embryos same quality? Now I thinking will I regret in future if discard it since has a chance to become my child...
Both are blasts but of different grading

I have 3 more blastocysts. Doctor tell me to just keep renew cause she say a lot of people when their children grow up, many will want to have 1 or 2 more children.. initially I told her I don’t feel like renewing the rest..already feel very overwhelmed with twins. Salute you who can handle 3 or 4 kids!

I have 3 more blastocysts. Doctor tell me to just keep renew cause she say a lot of people when their children grow up, many will want to have 1 or 2 more children.. initially I told her I don’t feel like renewing the rest..already feel very overwhelmed with twins. Salute you who can handle 3 or 4 kids!
It's different, for twins, it's double the time spent, double the effort at one go. for 3-4 subsequent kids, at least have the time to have a breather because of the age gap. the learning curve is not as steep

Ya he's not very keen. But i cant bear to discard the embryos.. We are getting close to 40 already
if you cant bear to discard, you can try natural ET, means, no medication involved yet at the same time you give them a chance. if they implant, they implant, else means it's not meant to be?

if you cant bear to discard, you can try natural ET, means, no medication involved yet at the same time you give them a chance. if they implant, they implant, else means it's not meant to be?
Ya I agree with natural FET too. If I were to try the las one, I will stick to tat too.

Hi ladies,

just wondering if we will get to see our dr before the 2nd egg retrieval to discuss the protocol for the next cycle?
or we have to request for it?
Im with KKHIVF & my first retrieval was bad. 22 eggs retrieved, but only 1 grade c day 7 freeze.
i have to make it to PGS due to the recurrent pregnancy lost.
Feeling disappointed & afraid of the next retrieval

Hi ladies,

just wondering if we will get to see our dr before the 2nd egg retrieval to discuss the protocol for the next cycle?
Im with KKHIVF & my first retrieval was bad. 22 eggs retrieved, but only 1 grade c day 7 freeze.
No, you wont get to see your appointed doc before egg retrieval. you will only see your appointed doc ON retrieval day.

it will be the doc in charge that day who will see you and answer your Q before retrieval day.

Hi ladies,

Hi assume u have done the transfer but did not succeed? In this case for mine I did have a meet up with the doctor to discuss what’s the next step to do before my 2nd retrieval cycle..

Meanwhile try to eat more supplements to improve the egg quality…

Hi assume u have done the transfer but did not succeed? In this case for mine I did have a meet up with the doctor to discuss what’s the next step to do before my 2nd retrieval cycle..

Meanwhile try to eat more supplements to improve the egg quality…

thanks for replying
I didnt transfer at all & decided to proceed with 2nd retrieval, my day 7 embryo doesnt qualify for PGS testing so i have to do another retrieval again.
did u call in to arrange appt before your 2nd retrieval cycle? Or kkivf will give u a call?

thanks for replying
I didnt transfer at all & decided to proceed with 2nd retrieval, my day 7 embryo doesnt qualify for PGS testing so i have to do another retrieval again.
did u call in to arrange appt before your 2nd retrieval cycle? Or kkivf will give u a call?
you might want to check your health buddy to see if they have set an appointment for you? If not, call KKIVF...

No, you wont get to see your appointed doc before egg retrieval. you will only see your appointed doc ON retrieval day.

it will be the doc in charge that day who will see you and answer your Q before retrieval day.

thanks for your reply.
yup noted on that

if you are doing PGS, you may want to consider going to TMC at JB, the costs are much lower...

Yup thought of that actually, previously have emailed them to enquire.
I will try one more cycle first, if all fail i will consider that option.
Have you tried TMC jb before?

thanks for replying
for mine after I failed my transfer they set up an appointment for me to see doc.. since u didn’t do the transfer perhaps you can give them a call

Yup thought of that actually, previously have emailed them to enquire.
I will try one more cycle first, if all fail i will consider that option.
Have you tried TMC jb before?

In 2019, I ported my 2 frozen embbies for PGS (more towards gender selection) from KKH to TMC JB. Before that, I met up with Dr Fabian Kurian and found him to be friendly and warm. My 2 frozen embbies ended up un-useable for transfer. If not for covid, perhaps I might have gone to him for the whole process.

Back