Dr Khoo Chong Kiat - Mount Elizabeth Hospital Novena

purpur_rain

Hello all,

I am a ftm whom just delivered at mount e Novena with Dr Khoo Chong Kiat 2 weeks ago.

I followed him from kkh to his private practice as I wanted someone very experienced and most importantly, both my husband and I like him even though he can sound quite beng sometimes. Haha

As someone who is very anxious by nature, one of the perks of being Dr CK Khoo’s patients is that he would give you his personal contact and you can text him any query (worry) you have at anytime and he would reply you promptly.
He would patiently reply any query you may have and would not rush through the consultation even at KKH when he was one of the busiest gynae there.
(According to my Friend who works in the medical equipment industry told me that he is one of the most hardworking Doctors at kkh).

However I was not only impressed by the above.

I had a Long and difficult labour and so, I had an assisted natural delivery with kiwi vacuum. My baby did not cry when he was out. I knew something was wrong as the medical team and Dr Khoo did not pass the baby for me skin to skin after they cleaned him. All I saw was Dr Khoo was gently hitting the baby’s limbs to make him cry and the medical team was doing their to resuscitate my baby. Fortunately, baby did cry at 2 min but was not loud enough because of the lack of oxygen and he was sent to nicu before my assigned pd arrived.
Dr Khoo made sure that my baby was okay before delivering my placenta and stitching me up.

I subsequently learnt that Dr Khoo was trained in baby care whilst he was in kkh and thank god, he was there when my baby needed him at birth. He and the midwives worked together to save my baby at birth.
I would never have imagined that I would encountered such a situation and realised that having an experienced and skilful gynae is indeed very critical when you need it. It’s like buying an insurance cover. You only find it useful when you need it.

The Nurses at NICU also commented that dr Khoo cares truly for my baby and visited him every day. I understand from the Nurses that not many Doctors are like him who are passionate about their job.
In this instance, he visited both my baby and I Everyday during our stay at mount e Novena. He also kept in contact with the pd and assured me that my baby is fine.

I understand that he switches to private practice so he could dedicate more time to his patients as he was too busy in kkh. Hence I would highly recommend doctor Khoo based on my personal experience with him. His prices are also affordable for a private practice doctor.

What more could you ask for from an experienced and passionate doctor!

P.S. I was not given any discount on my consultations for writing this. I wanted to write this review purely because my baby is here with me now.

Do let me know if you have any questions!

Could u pm me your bill? How much cash after medisave? I was on follow up with dr khoo at kkh, thinking of going to him vs staying with NUH. Thank you!

Hello all,

I am a ftm whom just delivered at mount e Novena with Dr Khoo Chong Kiat 2 weeks ago.

I followed him from kkh to his private practice as I wanted someone very experienced and most importantly, both my husband and I like him even though he can sound quite beng sometimes. Haha

As someone who is very anxious by nature, one of the perks of being Dr CK Khoo’s patients is that he would give you his personal contact and you can text him any query (worry) you have at anytime and he would reply you promptly.
He would patiently reply any query you may have and would not rush through the consultation even at KKH when he was one of the busiest gynae there.
(According to my Friend who works in the medical equipment industry told me that he is one of the most hardworking Doctors at kkh).

I had a Long and difficult labour and so, I had an assisted natural delivery with kiwi vacuum. My baby did not cry when he was out. I knew something was wrong as the medical team and Dr Khoo did not pass the baby for me skin to skin after they cleaned him. All I saw was Dr Khoo was gently hitting the baby’s limbs to make him cry and the medical team was doing their to resuscitate my baby. Fortunately, baby did cry at 2 min but was not loud enough because of the lack of oxygen and he was sent to nicu before my assigned pd arrived.
Dr Khoo made sure that my baby was okay before delivering my placenta and stitching me up.

I subsequently learnt that Dr Khoo was trained in baby care whilst he was in kkh and thank god, he was there when my baby needed him at birth. He and the midwives worked together to save my baby at birth.
I would never have imagined that I would encountered such a situation and realised that having an experienced and skilful gynae is indeed very critical when you need it. It’s like buying an insurance cover. You only find it useful when you need it.

The Nurses at NICU also commented that dr Khoo cares truly for my baby and visited him every day. I understand from the Nurses that not many Doctors are like him who are passionate about their job.
In this instance, he visited both my baby and I Everyday during our stay at mount e Novena. He also kept in contact with the pd and assured me that my baby is fine.

I understand that he switches to private practice so he could dedicate more time to his patients as he was too busy in kkh. Hence I would highly recommend doctor Khoo based on my personal experience with him. His prices are also affordable for a private practice doctor.

P.S. I was not given any discount on my consultations for writing this. I wanted to write this review purely because my baby is here with me now.

Hi. Can share your bill charges with me too? As I’m considering engaging him for c sect.

Hello all,

Hello! I’m thinking of getting him too! Can PM me your bill? :)

Hello all,

Hi,

I recently gave birth but I didn’t follow Dr Khoo. I stayed with his wife at kkh instead. His wife is as dedicated as he is. However i’ve only wished that I follow him instead but not cause the wife wasn’t good, KKH is the worst hospital to Deliver your baby. If I am to be bless with another child, I’ll definitely look for Dr Khoo at Mt E. Good luck to those choosing Dr Khoo. Best gynae!

Hi,

I recently gave birth but I didn’t follow Dr Khoo. I stayed with his wife at kkh instead. His wife is as dedicated as he is. However i’ve only wished that I follow him instead but not cause the wife wasn’t good, KKH is the worst hospital to Deliver your baby. If I am to be bless with another child, I’ll definitely look for Dr Khoo at Mt E. Good luck to those choosing Dr Khoo. Best gynae!

Hello! Do u mind sharing more abt Kkh experience? I’m still deciding which gynae to choose :/ any recommendations other than dr Khoo?

Hello! Do u mind sharing more abt Kkh experience? I’m still deciding which gynae to choose :/ any recommendations other than dr Khoo?

Hi Kjt1,

Im speaking based on my experience only. It does not mean that kkh is a horrible choice for everyone.

My experience with KKH during my entire pregnancy has been a rollercoaster. From the start of booking an appointment with their staff via hotline to getting admitted twice due to bleeding, to delivering my firstborn.

On call doctors are the worst, they will guilt tripped you into listening to their decision. One on call doc even told me that my chances of giving birth naturally is low & that i should just schedule a csect due to low placenta. (My private gynae wasn’t there cause when I was admitted, i chose the B ward hence gynae doesn’t have to be present) I insisted they still schedule me one last ultrasound (hello, i was the one paying! Not using their money!) during my last checkup and they reluctantly agreed. Thankfully, U/S showed my placenta is way up from my cervix, allowing me to give birth naturally- imagine if I were to listen to his advice? I would have given birth via csect even when I didn’t need to! More money to KKH perhaps!

Anyway, there were alot more issues I experienced after delivery. I was a private patient however the service I received were bad from the nurses in charge of that ward. My husband & I weren’t oriented properly. We weren’t aware there were feedback form and KKH newborn set to be collected. We scheduled a lactation consultant to come but they never did. Nurses were reluctant in helping me to breastfeed. One Indian nation nurse even told me I’ve got no milk. To think back, it was really a traumatic experience delivering and being warded in KK. I even requested a pump cause i was so sore from breastfeeding and the nurse just wheeled in the pump without educating me on how to use it. So i gave up using it as well. Because of all these bad experience, my breastfeeding journey never really took off.

Btw, they dont have a nursery, thats what the nurse told me. They will make u room with the baby, even if your tired from giving birth and needed a rest.

A lot more cocked up issues but too tired to even think about it.

But like i said, this is my experience. Others might have it good. Good luck

Hello all,

hello can share with me your bill too? thank you!

Dear All, if I am late in replying to the request of my bills here, can PM me? :)
cos i am busy with baby! i may miss the msg on this board.
thanks!

Hi,may i know how much is the cash portion you paid after medisave..?? And does mount e novena requires bed deposit charges etc..??the whole bill etc.. kos i thought of following him to his private practice..thanks!

Hi,may i know how much is the cash portion you paid after medisave..?? And does mount e novena requires bed deposit charges etc..??the whole bill etc.. kos i thought of following him to his private practice..thanks!

Hello!

As mine is vacuum delivery, the doctor's fee is slightly higher and the medisave deduction is also higher for assisted delivery.
My total bill is about SGD9.8k before medisave. After Medisave, cash is SGD6k plus.

I understand that he charges $2288 for normal vaginal delivery.
He also came out with package price for consultation from week 16 onwards (i graduated before he came out with the price list).
Hence you may call his clinic for more details - informing his nurses that you are his ex-patient.

The rest of the charges very much dependable on the hospital consumables and the time you spent in the delivery ward.
I only made pre booking at Mount E novena but i didnt make any deposit payment.

hope this helps! :)

Thanks for the detailed info dear :) may i know if urs is a single bedder or 2 bedder and how many days did u stay in the hospital..?? :) for his consult at the clinic roughly how much he charge you for his consultation charges..
My first 2 girls,im with him throughout kkh.. too bad now he is no longer there.. :( im just a little afraid to go private in case my pregnanvy is complicated like my second one,then the bills may be quite high especially with private charges...

Thanks for the detailed info dear :) may i know if urs is a single bedder or 2 bedder and how many days did u stay in the hospital..?? :) for his consult at the clinic roughly how much he charge you for his consultation charges..
My first 2 girls,im with him throughout kkh.. too bad now he is no longer there.. :( im just a little afraid to go private in case my pregnanvy is complicated like my second one,then the bills may be quite high especially with private charges...

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Mount e novena is all single bedded.. he delivers at TMC and Mount A too.
you may call his clinic for consultation fees cos i paid the same price as what I would have paid in kkh as I followed him in February (before he came out with revised charges which may be more economical)

perhaps you should give the clinic a call and see what they say :)

take care!

hi there, could you share your bill with me?
was with Dr Khoo at kkh for my first two pregnancy. Keen to follow him if i have the third one. Hehehehe. Thanks

Im following my pregnancy check up with him at his clinic in mount e.. so far he charges me at affordable rates , more or less like kk private rates.. deliveey wise he say i can choose btween mount alvernia or thomson 2 bedder for affordable price

Hello all,

Hi sis, may i check with if Dr Khoo charged for his daily visit after your delivery?

Hi,

Anyone has Dr Khoo's hospital bill for Mt E? Can PM me?

BTW, has anyone visit Dr Khoo recently? My previous pregnancy (when he was still in KKH), he was pretty generous on the HL. Now hes not. Haha. I wonder if anyone notice it too.

Hi,

Anyone has Dr Khoo's hospital bill for Mt E? Can PM me?

BTW, has anyone visit Dr Khoo recently? My previous pregnancy (when he was still in KKH), he was pretty generous on the HL. Now hes not. Haha. I wonder if anyone notice it too.
Haha, i have not followed up since Kk. Bt i am visiting him. For me he has been very generous. He almost gave me the 60days. May be also due to covid period from feb to april. But for my sister who is with raffles, they sre very strict with HL. They only give when you MC finishes. So compared to her, i am very blessed with HL :)

Im following my pregnancy check up with him at his clinic in mount e.. so far he charges me at affordable rates , more or less like kk private rates.. deliveey wise he say i can choose btween mount alvernia or thomson 2 bedder for affordable price

hello! Able to share the hospital bills
Congrats on your pregnancy!

Mount e novena is all single bedded.. he delivers at TMC and Mount A too.
you may call his clinic for consultation fees cos i paid the same price as what I would have paid in kkh as I followed him in February (before he came out with revised charges which may be more economical)

perhaps you should give the clinic a call and see what they say :)

take care!

hello sis, possible to share your hospital bills, packages etc. ? Thinking of booking him as my gynea..

Hi can someone share dr Khoo’s rough estimate costs with me? Thinking of choosing him as gynae after reading all the good comments :)

I changed my gynae to Dr Khoo after chancing upon him on a FB post by a friend who highly recommended him. My husband and I liked him very much because he makes every visit light-hearted and assuring.

First consultation is $150. Subsequently is $80 but if you decide to stick with him you can sign a package of 8 sessions which is $999 before GST.

Cant comment much about delivery charges yet because we are only due in about 2 weeks. But his vagina delivery (unassisted) is really very affordable considering he is a private gynae.

Ya, Dr. Khoo CK is a very very good gynae at MEN, and her wife also a very very good and friendly gynae at KKH too. Would recommend both of them ...

Hello all,

Hi sis, Can you also share with me if he charges you for his daily visit after your delivery? =)
Keen to follow him as he was my gynae at kkh.

Hi can anyone here share your hosp bill with Dr Ck Khoo. Would like to go for his service after all the good recommendations! Thnk you

Hello all,

Hello purpur, I know you may have already gotten this request from several others in the forum too and I feel bad to ask again but do you mind sharing your bill with me too? I’m a first time mummy keen to engage Dr Khoo too but for a c-sec.

Would really appreciate if there is any mummy here who had gone through c-sec with Dr Khoo and dont mind sharing their hosp bill to me as a reference. Thank you so much!!!

Hello Mummies, I'm with Dr khoo now too. can anyone dont mind to share with me your bill from MEN please? Thank u in advance.

Attachments

• 5319E190-B49C-4EC0-A149-15B0B5E65B60.jpeg
    5319E190-B49C-4EC0-A149-15B0B5E65B60.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,006
  • ACE40D67-A512-4557-99E3-C43428D95487.jpeg
    ACE40D67-A512-4557-99E3-C43428D95487.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,265
Hi sorry.. first time mum here is anyone able to share Dr Khoo bills for ME Novena? Also if possible prices for each visit? Thank you in advance

Back