Feb 2018 mummies to be

oh im intending to bath the baby in the room .. that's why im wondering whether a bathtub with wheels would be more convenient to push around ... :)

however, need to keep standing to bathe the baby which sounds more dangerous n tiring, if normal bathtub, still can seat on a mini stool .. so ya im still trying to weigh the pros and cons hahaha
I got a bathtub with stand instead. Basically for 1st/2nd month use only. Cos when when learns to sit or is more flexible to turn, he/she will not be still anymore (let alone when he/she knows how to crawl. So the flexibility of removing the tub from the stand is good. Also, because 1st 2-months, my mum will be helping to shower (before going to ifc or when i am well enough to do the bathing), not very nice for mum to squat or sit on the stool anymore :)

Any mommies feeling breathlessness during the second trimester? I am having dizziness and breathlessness every morning especially when walking up the stairs.

May I check does you feel is antenatal courses is recommended to attend for first time parents? It is not cheap so wish to hear the review for those who have attended.

May I check does you feel is antenatal courses is recommended to attend for first time parents? It is not cheap so wish to hear the review for those who have attended.

I am attending the antenatal classes at KK. If you are a patient at KK, there is KK’s patient rates, which is quite ok for the number of classes.

Right now, the class has just finished on pain relief during labor. It is quite informative especially for first time parents. The first couple of topics, such as nutrition for pregnancy, are a bit dry. But the classes get more interesting. When we did a maternity ward tour at Gleneagles, the questions asked by a few couples which have been addressed in the antenatal classes. So there is some knowledge gap bet those who attend classes and this who don’t, IMO. I would recommend attending the classes.

I have been attending Childbirth Education classes conducted by Dr Wong Boh Boi (TMC).
Quite informative and lively as she is a good speaker.
3 text books would also be given, so that we can always refer back to the teaching materials.
Personally I enjoy the course because my hubby and I have been having good bonding moments during interactive activities.:)

Any mommies have constipation? I am constipated for three days and have see a Doc but still useless. Any remedy?

Not sure how good is confinement agency. I read the review mommies commented in fb all seems positive. As I do not have anyone to cook for me during this period and according to my sil, the confinement food caterer which she ordered was not good and also not cheap, I think no choice but have to spend this money for a cl. For those who have mom and helper I think they should be able to help.

Hello! I am a FTM and after talking to friends who had delivered, my personal opinion is to hire a CL as a mummy's personal well-being is important after birth and confinent period is the time to take nuitritious food to facilitate our body in recuperating well from childbirth.

I delivered recently and will happily recommend my confinement nanny, Auntie Siew Kim. Her mobile number is +60163075628 - please feel free to contact her directly to enquire on availability
Auntie is a sprightly, cheerful and very approachable confinement nanny with more than 10 years experience.
She is so proactive and she is very good in pacifying and taking care of newborn - I can see she genuinely enjoys taking care and playing with my baby. She is also more than willing to share her wealth of knowledge in looking after babies. I am very thankful to her.
For breastfeeding mummies, she will cook nuitritious soups (eg. green papaya with fish) and dishes to help boost milk supply.
For C-sec mummies who are keen to recuperate well from the delivery, Auntie will brew tonic soups which aid in rebuilding health.
Auntie will also help to clean kitchen, mop floor once the cooking chores are done.
Auntie is open-minded with mummies who prefer to shower during confinement and will take the trouble to boil water with either herbs or old ginger for the mummy to bath/wash hair.
Auntie also gets along well with elderly people (I stay with my parents-in-law) and they enjoy her cooking too.
I took some pictures of the yummy dishes Auntie has cooked during my confinement - figuring out how to upload these. PM me in the meantime if you are keen to see the food pictures.

Has anyone gone for prenatal massage?
Yes. It really helps to loosen up tight and aching muscles. Also helps with the water retention if any mummies are starting to get swollen feet/legs. You'll be massaged lying on your side, and the middle/lower back is avoided where the baby is, so while not as shiok as a regular massage, better than nothing!

Any mommies feeling breathlessness during the second trimester? I am having dizziness and breathlessness every morning especially when walking up the stairs.
I've breathlessness when i recline backwards or will pant when i walk more than a bus stop distance. However this is pretty normal cos we r carrying a baby within us. I started having dizzy spells and it worsen till the point i am swaying from left to right be it standing or walking (just last Wed). And when I checked myself to the hosp, ECG was abnormal. Dr couldnt root the cause as this could be due to many reasons (which includes pregnancy OR even stress). But because I have never had this before, the doctor felt that it could be due to the pregnancy as I don't recall much stress. Anyway, the verdict is, they could do / does not recommend treatment anyway. So I was retested with a more detailed scan to make sure nothing serious is wrong with my heart and they discharged me with Magnesium (my Magnesium was on a lower side). And closer monitoring (going to the cardiologist in 1-month).

The cardiologist says the dizziness could be due to ear imbalance OR the heart. And the heart irregularity could be due to many reasons (including non-pregnancy reason).

Thus, if its really bothering you and the pain is not offsetting (mine was continuous and worsening within 6hours), then do get the gynae to do a ECG or smth to ensure things are fine :) --> although if there's no serious matter, you likely wont be treated like my case :)

Yes. It really helps to loosen up tight and aching muscles. Also helps with the water retention if any mummies are starting to get swollen feet/legs. You'll be massaged lying on your side, and the middle/lower back is avoided where the baby is, so while not as shiok as a regular massage, better than nothing!

Where do you go for the prenatal massage?

any MTB here have prob zzz thru the night? super sleepy during working hours? sigh! I having this problem now. I always woke up during my sleep. Then during work time I will be super sleepy... is there any remedy for this?

any MTB here have prob zzz thru the night? super sleepy during working hours? sigh! I having this problem now. I always woke up during my sleep. Then during work time I will be super sleepy... is there any remedy for this?
Hello. I am facing the same situation. Sometimes waking up at night is due to cramps. My gynae advised me to take some isotonic drinks like 100plus but not to take some much liquid before sleep.

anyone starts drink bird nest? Guess some of us are approaching week 32!
Hi, I’ve started taking it in 2nd trimester. Bought the concentrated one from Lo Hang Ka which is convenient. Needs to be refrigerated. Once opened, needs to be consumed within 22 days. I usually take one or two table spoonful on alternate mornings ( at night before sleep is also fine).

Hi gals, may I check if any of your gynae advised you to take the whooping cough vaccine? My gynae recommended it to me at my last appt. He said it is not compulsory but it is recommended so that our babies can be protected within their first few months before they are able to be vaccinated. My understanding is this vaccine is commonly taken in US, UK and Australia.

Any of your gynae advise you to take the whopping cough vaccine? Or if you know any pregnant mothers taking the vaccine? Thank you.

Hi gals, may I check if any of your gynae advised you to take the whooping cough vaccine? My gynae recommended it to me at my last appt. He said it is not compulsory but it is recommended so that our babies can be protected within their first few months before they are able to be vaccinated. My understanding is this vaccine is commonly taken in US, UK and Australia.

Any of your gynae advise you to take the whopping cough vaccine? Or if you know any pregnant mothers taking the vaccine? Thank you.

Yes my gynaecologist did mentioned to me but I am. Still considering.

Just wondering if any gynae give hospitalisation leave to. Mommies?

Hello, I have taken the tdap, pertussis( whooping cough) and flu vaccine when I was 29 and 31 weeks. Your gynae can either choose to give you the 2 jabs in one session or spread out over 2 sessions. Mine was done at 2 separate sessions, 2 weeks apart.

Understand from him that MoH has already made it compulsory for all preggy mum to take these jabs in between 16-32 weeks of pregnancy.

Hello, I have taken the tdap, pertussis( whooping cough) and flu vaccine when I was 29 and 31 weeks. Your gynae can either choose to give you the 2 jabs in one session or spread out over 2 sessions. Mine was done at 2 separate sessions, 2 weeks apart.

Understand from him that MoH has already made it compulsory for all preggy mum to take these jabs in between 16-32 weeks of pregnancy.

Hi, thank you for sharing. Hmm... My gynae said it's not compulsory but recommended. I went to MOH website to check, I didn't see any circular that the vaccine is compulsory. Any links that you can share that it's compulsory? I'll ask my gynae again in my next appt as I'm still considering whether to take the shots as I tend to fall sick easily and I'm worried that after taking the vaccine, I'll fall sick. Also, I'm unsure if there are any side effects.

Yes my gynaecologist did mentioned to me but I am. Still considering.

Just wondering if any gynae give hospitalisation leave to. Mommies?

Hi thank you for your reply. I'm also considering the shots too. I heard that some gynae do give hospitalization leave to mums during the last 1-2 weeks or so. I think it depends on the gynae.

Hi, thank you for sharing. Hmm... My gynae said it's not compulsory but recommended. I went to MOH website to check, I didn't see any circular that the vaccine is compulsory. Any links that you can share that it's compulsory? I'll ask my gynae again in my next appt as I'm still considering whether to take the shots as I tend to fall sick easily and I'm worried that after taking the vaccine, I'll fall sick. Also, I'm unsure if there are any side effects.

I didn’t check actually. I was nearing the dates and trusting my gynae, I actually went ahead.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...-adult-immunisation-schedule--extends-us.html

This is the link. You are right, it’s not compulsory but recommended. Perhaps will be good that address your concern with your gynae before proceeding. :)

anyone starts drink bird nest? Guess some of us are approaching week 32!

I start taking in 2nd tri. Drank those bottle form bought by my MIL. Cant find time to boil my own. Recently my MIL bought another 2 concentrated bottles for me. Heard taking bird nest is good for mummy n bb skin.

I have taken the vaccine. My gynae recommended me to take it. I didnt have any side effect occur after the vaccine.

I start taking in 2nd tri. Drank those bottle form bought by my MIL. Cant find time to boil my own. Recently my MIL bought another 2 concentrated bottles for me. Heard taking bird nest is good for mummy n bb skin.

I had wanted to take birds nest too but also read that it can cause allergies and asthma. So probably will take once a week or so...

For those who are interested in my service:
Pricing:
One session is $80, package price is as follow:
5 days package : $350
7 days package : $480
10 days package : $650
Each session (about 1 hour) includes the following:
Full body massage
Body wrap
Use of quality massage oil and cream
Pls note you'll need to purchase a bengkung (binder) at $10 for the body wrap which can be used for your subsequent massage
Payment term:
Collection of $80 at the end of each session. Deposit will be used to offset the balance at the last few sessions

Please email to [email protected] or call me at 96944564 for enquiry

Is there any mommies who have bought insurance plan for the mommies and baby?

Do you view as necessary to get it now or after bb is born?

Hello. It is necessary to get it as soon as possible because you want to have a peace of mind.

Anyone buying insurance for the bump? I am thinking of buying but so many choices.

How do I decide on the company? I am lost. Anyone can help with this?

Hello. It’s common for first-time mummy to feel lost. You are not alone. More importantly, to remain calm
and happy at all times :)

You may WhatsApp this no. +6590904949 to find more about the various insurance available for your baby bump.

Cheers ^^

Same here. Taking since 2nd trimester. Heard can help to reduce stretch marks.

I only start drinking Bird Nest when i was week 28. I am now at my week 29. And so far, i had twice of it which i try not to make it so frequently, maybe like once a week as my body will find Bird Nest too liang.

For Coconut juice, i think i will only start drinking it at Week 36 like my last pregnancy and only once a week instead of thrice a week! I deliver my son just on the 2nd week of drinking which i attribute to me being too liang!

Hi mommies just went for antenatal class on sunday. Its free btw!

The lactation consultant, Dr Lilian Pong shared that mommies we should start massaging our breast diligently everyday starting at 37 weeks onwards so that we are telling our body to prepare to give food to our baby once theyre born. Especially for c section mom the supply kicks in slower.

Hi mommies just went for antenatal class on sunday. Its free btw!

The lactation consultant, Dr Lilian Pong shared that mommies we should start massaging our breast diligently everyday starting at 37 weeks onwards so that we are telling our body to prepare to give food to our baby once theyre born. Especially for c section mom the supply kicks in slower.

Be careful about massaging the nipples though. Massaging nipples can cause contractions.

will you all be getting any breast milk storage bags? i did some price comparison at kiddy palace. somehow there are 2 brands (Pretty Mums and Bambino) pricing are more reasonable. But I am confused why some brands are so ex? How do we choose? according to size? Materials? Brands? anyone of u tried any of it?

Hi Feb Mummies:)

I would like to recommend my Nanny from Newlife Confinement Nanny:) If anyone need a Nanny, you can contact her via the photo number below:)

I’m a Dec 2017 Mummy:) FTM~ Given Birth in Gleneagles!
Really glad to have her around especially when I’m a FTM. Hahas. No clue as to what to do/expect when having a Baby~ Especially when baby cries! Oh my.. I did not attend any classes beforehand & I solely rely on her to teach me on how to do the basics of taking care of a child:) Bathing, Changing Diapers etc. Now I’m doing fine w the baby:) hehe.

She do respect my decisions as well:) And she do give me good advises at times when I need it~

(PS: I’m still doing my confinement~ Hahas. And I just purely feels that my Nanny is really not bad:) So just like to share & gotten her to do up a photo for me to post for her.)

Attachments

• 145EBA43-D13D-4A78-8329-0B4EB40A3D66.jpeg
    145EBA43-D13D-4A78-8329-0B4EB40A3D66.jpeg
    416.8 KB · Views: 349
Hi Feb MTBs :)

I’m from the Oct’17 group n delivered my first baby girl in Oct. My confinement nanny has a slot in Feb (specifically 20/1-15/3) and asked me to check if any of my friends are looking for confinement help.

She came highly recommended from my gf and was such a great help that we extended her. She’s very clean, proactive, gives gd advices and cooks really yummy meals and tonic soups. She cooks for me n hubby most days, n even taught my helper to cook Chinese food. She took care of my baby really well and established a routine for me leading to a smooth transition after her departure.

I wanted a CL primarily to help me care for my baby while I recuperate, give me some tips on taking care of her, n cook yummy confinement food cos I’m such a fussy eater. I’m glad she exceeded my expectations in all aspects.

If I have a second child, I’ll definitely engage her help again.

I’m not gonna leave her number since she only has one slot in between her jan n march jobs. But do pm me if you have any questions or wld like to engage her help.

Enjoy the last leg of pregnancy n wishing all mummies a smooth delivery :)

Cheers!

Hi ladies, I’m at my 36 weeks and was told to visit my gynae 2 weeks later..
Have been reading that usually after 36 weeks, will be a weekly visit. Have any ladies experience such sparodic visit after 36 weeks.

Pre-text: from 28 weeks onwards, I was scheduled weekly visits. All was well. Just that at 36 weeks, doc says he can see me in 2 weeks time. :confused: Baby is Low but not engaged. Was just hoping all will be well till my next visit. FTM.

Hi ladies, I’m at my 36 weeks and was told to visit my gynae 2 weeks later..
Have been reading that usually after 36 weeks, will be a weekly visit. Have any ladies experience such sparodic visit after 36 weeks.

Pre-text: from 28 weeks onwards, I was scheduled weekly visits. All was well. Just that at 36 weeks, doc says he can see me in 2 weeks time. :confused: Baby is Low but not engaged. Was just hoping all will be well till my next visit. FTM.

I thought mine was a weekly visit after 36weeks, but she requested to see me 2 weeks later. My gynae said the same thing as u. She just ask me to look out for any signs of labour.

Back