IVF/ICSI Support Group

I'm doing my 2nd fresh now with NUH too and I am impressed with NUH actually. CHR is so organized. My Dr is not Prof Wong though.

Cervix tight will just make it a bit harder for ER/ET but I don't think it will affect chances. Should be similar to retroverted uterus etc.
Hi spinsterella, i am doing my 2nd fresh with NUH too.. my dr is Dr Chew, am now on 2nd day of jab! How about u? I found NUH to be v organised and waiting time is so much faster... btw i failed my first fresh with kkh

Cen, chasing rainbow,
I was a patient with dr Sheila n am now 20weeks preggie. Had elevated thyroid anitobodies and was put on prednisolone during throughout my fet cycle through till my trim 1. Hang in there and trust dr shield and ur IVF dr and looking forward that your next cycle will be a bfp.

Hi daylesford! I also have elevated thyroid antibiotics and having issues to conceive. Have been seeing doc for TTC since Dec 2016 and taking TCM since May 2017, no good news yet. Would love to hear more on your TTC journey, but can't private message you. Mind dropping me a message? Thanks very much!

Hi daylesford! I also have elevated thyroid antibiotics and having issues to conceive. Have been seeing doc for TTC since Dec 2016 and taking TCM since May 2017, no good news yet. Would love to hear more on your TTC journey, but can't private message you. Mind dropping me a message? Thanks very much!

Sent u PM.

Hello ladies... I just had my FET 2 days ago, now is the long 2ww. Just wondering if any of you had a FET where the blastie showed some cells which had died? I was a bit sad. I froze 2 blasties from my fresh cycle. The first one didn't survive the thawing. The second one did better but Doc said it wasnt the best.

Sigh.

Hi, if i'm not wrong you are only able to upgrade from Sub to Pvt. To downgrade from Pvt to Sub you will need to get a re-referral from polyclinic.. You may want to check with your Dr if they can make arrangement for you? That is if your Dr also see Sub clinic, let the Dr know your concerns.

I went back to kkh & explained my financial issue that i'm facing now with Dr Tan HH on the day surgery charge for removing the polyp. the SN advised me to go polyclinic to get a referral letter to convert to subsidised rate for the day surgery. Polyclinic arranged for me to see the subsidised doctor yesterday & the day surgery will be done by another doctor, under supervision & lead by Dr Jessie phoon. The cost has been adjusted from $2K+ to $300+ different..... there will be a review follow-up after the day surgery, afterwhich i can book through Dr Tan HH appointment to see him back again, but i will consider as a new patient case with records. so the consultation fee will starts again as new patient, first visit rate. KKH protocol is that each patient cannot holds 2 different 'records', which means to say, cannot have record from subsidised doc & private doc. So they will 'close' my current records with Dr Tan HH for now, until the day surgery review is complete. Then i can re-book dr tan for a new appointment.

I went back to kkh & explained my financial issue that i'm facing now with Dr Tan HH on the day surgery charge for removing the polyp. the SN advised me to go polyclinic to get a referral letter to convert to subsidised rate for the day surgery. Polyclinic arranged for me to see the subsidised doctor yesterday & the day surgery will be done by another doctor, under supervision & lead by Dr Jessie phoon. The cost has been adjusted from $2K+ to $300+ different..... there will be a review follow-up after the day surgery, afterwhich i can book through Dr Tan HH appointment to see him back again, but i will consider as a new patient case with records. so the consultation fee will starts again as new patient, first visit rate. KKH protocol is that each patient cannot holds 2 different 'records', which means to say, cannot have record from subsidised doc & private doc. So they will 'close' my current records with Dr Tan HH for now, until the day surgery review is complete. Then i can re-book dr tan for a new appointment.

Thank for the info. Hope all goes well for you.

Hi all. I'm letting go 2 boxes of Blackmore conceive well at $25 per box as I'm pregnant and taking other supplements. Sealed package and expiry is May 2018. Pick up at bukit panjang MRT. PM me if keen.

Information for some ladies out there: I just did my endo scratch last Friday and I'm still bleeding. Doc said it's expected and my period will come 10 days after the surgery (when I also finish my course of medication). Luckily I chose to be sedated because it was painful when I woke up and the nurse has to insert a painkiller.

Just wondering, are you guys positive / hopeful about your IVF journey or will you guys not put too much hope and brace for the possible BFN at the end of the cycle. Sometimes I feel so positive yet I'm scared of being so positive as the fall will be harder if it's a BFN.
I don't really know whether you can help wanting to hope. Anyone who needs to come to this stage would, I think, desperately hope for a child to hold in their arms. I know that for my last cycle (which was my first), I hoped and hoped and hoped for a BFP. I also feared and feared and feared for a BFN. So, sister, I know how you feel. I do.

I have no solution for you, but what helped me during that time was this group, really. I sought solace here and I received a lot of it. I was blessed to be in the same cycle as a beautiful, courageous and supportive group of ladies at that point in time. I remember those ladies (@Spinsterella, you are one of them!) and will always whisper a prayer of thanks for their presence in my life during that point in time. That is also why I am back here now.

I hope you also find solace here as well.

Hi everyone,

I had a Laparoscopy earlier this year to remove fibroids and now thinking of going for next round of IVF. I wanted to check if any one has done Karotyping (chromosome) test for you and your partner as well as sperm DNA fragmentation test for your partner. Any idea about the costs of these tests in Singapore?

Many thanks!

Hi everyone,

I had a Laparoscopy earlier this year to remove fibroids and now thinking of going for next round of IVF. I wanted to check if any one has done Karotyping (chromosome) test for you and your partner as well as sperm DNA fragmentation test for your partner. Any idea about the costs of these tests in Singapore?

Many thanks!

Hi! That's the test that was recommended to me by Dr Roland. It's quite a pricey test - he mentioned it was about $900++ if I recall correctly
Might be cheaper at a public/government hospital

Hello ladies! So we are officially starting our ivf journey :) luckily there was no wait time at NUH, so when Prof asked when we wanted to start and I said "asap" they fit me in easy!
I've been put on a short protocol (prof said it's 14 injections less than long protocol!). Going to start my duphaston this weekend... from what I know, I thought NorE was the normal protocol with Prof but he put me on duphaston instead... wonder why...

Hi everyone,

Many thanks!

Chromosome test is 500+ per person in kkh.

Hello ladies! So we are officially starting our ivf journey :) luckily there was no wait time at NUH, so when Prof asked when we wanted to start and I said "asap" they fit me in easy!
I've been put on a short protocol (prof said it's 14 injections less than long protocol!). Going to start my duphaston this weekend... from what I know, I thought NorE was the normal protocol with Prof but he put me on duphaston instead... wonder why...

Lucky u! KKH usually have 3 months wait time - crazy! I had duphaston for my short protocol too, not sure why docs prescribe what they prescribe, just trust the doc ba :)

Are you gonna take leave for your cycle, or just carry on as usual?

Serves similar purpose. I don't remember having any difference between duphaston and nor-e.

Anyway long protocol no guarantee only 14 days more of injection. I had close to 28 days before stimulation started, cos my hormone levels not suitable to start stim. Every few days returned to see prof, take BT, then e nurse would call to inform me "continue the injections". Don't know to laugh or cry then.

Lucky u! KKH usually have 3 months wait time - crazy! I had duphaston for my short protocol too, not sure why docs prescribe what they prescribe, just trust the doc ba :)

Are you gonna take leave for your cycle, or just carry on as usual?
Yeah I've read it does the same thing just that Nor-E have to have unprotected sex. Haha I just trust prof, but I'm the curious kaypo type lol
I just came back to SG after working overseas for a few years... and we already decided for me not to work and focus on having a baby. Thankful to my dh

Serves similar purpose. I don't remember having any difference between duphaston and nor-e.

Anyway long protocol no guarantee only 14 days more of injection. I had close to 28 days before stimulation started, cos my hormone levels not suitable to start stim. Every few days returned to see prof, take BT, then e nurse would call to inform me "continue the injections". Don't know to laugh or cry then.
Yup yup you're right.

Oh prof told me so happily that he put me on short protocol cos of that but at the end of the day... each patient is different. 28 days is a lot man! You must be super pro with the jabs now. I'm a bit scared for it. But what to do... anything for baby

@littlemonkies whats your plan with work during your IVF cycle?

Btw any cycle buddies? I'm gg to start duphaston this weekend then jab about two weeks after
Plan? I had no plan LOL! It was very tough actually. Before we started, they didn't warn us about the numerous scans and stuff. I mean, they did tell us very generally that the procedure would be emotionally challenging, but they didn't really go into the specifics. I kind of just blundered along... on and off just take MC (colleagues were not very happy about it but at least my boss was supportive). At that point in time I was quite clear about my priorities... if my career had to take a hit because of my baby, so be it. But, because i invested so much into it emotionally, psychologically and mentally, I think I was really fearful of the BFN.

Thereafter, I strongly recommended on this thread that whoever wished to embark on this, to do it during their leave, if possible. With the benefit of hindsight, I would have taken leave. It appears to be simple... just jabbing yourself in the morning. But ah... the hormones wrecked havoc in me. I felt really fatigued and stressed. Once I just broke down and cried. If I didn't need to rush to and from work, and worry about my colleagues' reactions, just rest at home, I think I would have coped a lot better.

So... really good that you decided to focus on having baby. :) .

Yeah I've read it does the same thing just that Nor-E have to have unprotected sex. Haha I just trust prof, but I'm the curious kaypo type lol
I just came back to SG after working overseas for a few years... and we already decided for me not to work and focus on having a baby. Thankful to my dh
Nor e need to be protected sex (not unprotected)! Duphaston is safe for pregnancy assuming you are trying that month itself

Has anyone here done PGS cycle in Singapore? I was told that they only do testing on day 5 blastocyst embroyos. My worry is that what if all my embryos do not make it to day 5/ blast ? Wouldn't it be a wasted cycle?
Any experiences to share?

Has anyone here done PGS cycle in Singapore? I was told that they only do testing on day 5 blastocyst embroyos. My worry is that what if all my embryos do not make it to day 5/ blast ? Wouldn't it be a wasted cycle?
Any experiences to share?

PGS is only screening, they dont do testing on embryos. Only PGD they do the testing on the embryos.
yes, if embryos didnt make it to Day 5, your cycle will be wasted. how much does it cost for PGS?

http://www.advancedfertility.com/pgs-ivf-genetic-testing.htm

Nor e need to be protected sex (not unprotected)! Duphaston is safe for pregnancy assuming you are trying that month itself
Ahh yesss sorry I got it the other way around oopsies.

Btw... I have a question about AMH. I understand it shows the ovarian reserve. Mine is 18.3 i think that's considered low for my age :-( is it true that this cannot be improved? And that the number will keep going down?
What is the diff between AMH and fsh? My fsh is 6.7

Ahh yesss sorry I got it the other way around oopsies.

Btw... I have a question about AMH. I understand it shows the ovarian reserve. Mine is 18.3 i think that's considered low for my age :-( is it true that this cannot be improved? And that the number will keep going down?
What is the diff between AMH and fsh? My fsh is 6.7

18.3 is not low my dear. Most women have it in single digits. I have PCOS and it's in mid 20s.

Compare your FSH with LH. One of the indicators for PCOS is a ratio of FSH:LH that's larger than 2. A healthy ratio is nearer to 1:1, at the start of the cycle.

Dear ladies, haven't logged in for some time after I failed my first fresh in July (with none to freeze sadly). Hope everyone is doing well :)
this journey is long and tough indeed but im glad we have each other! i've changed hospital from KKH to NUH cos i find the processes at NUH much better with closer monitoring. will be starting my second fresh year-end. All the best to everyone on this ivf journey! <3

Hi,
I just lost my baby at w8 due to no hb via ivf, will b gg for D&C next week.
I will like to ask if I wanted to start a fresh ivf cycle, is it necessary / a must to go thru all the testing again, like hcg etc. in NUH, I go thru all the pre-ivf testing before I m eligible for the ivf process, and I understood that all these test result can only last for 6 mth-1 year. I wonder to start 2nd fresh ivf cycle, do I need to go thru all the check again? And when will be the next appropriate time to start a fresh ivf cycle again aft I performed the D&C next week.?

Last edited:
Hi,
I will like to ask if I wanted to start a fresh ivf cycle, is it necessary / a must to go thru all the testing again, like hcg etc. in NUH, I go thru all the pre-ivf testing before I m eligible for the ivf process, and I understood that all these test result can only last for 6 mth-1 year. I wonder to start 2nd fresh ivf cycle, do I need to go thru all the check again? And when will be the next appropriate time to start a fresh ivf cycle again aft I performed the D&C next week.?

Sorry for your loss. Meanwhile rest well ok.

Regarding the tests, I think HIV tests are valid for half year? The other tests are at least a year. Best is to ask the nurses at CHR to work the dates out for you.

And when it is appropriate, a lot depends on you also. But check with doc?

Sorry for your loss. Meanwhile rest well ok.

Regarding the tests, I think HIV tests are valid for half year? The other tests are at least a year. Best is to ask the nurses at CHR to work the dates out for you.

And when it is appropriate, a lot depends on you also. But check with doc?
Thank Verlaine, I will work it out with CHR. Nv expect I will step into CHR again ever since I recv my pregnancy news from them 8 weeks ago.

What stage are you at now?? Try and keep positive, although I know it's hard... stay strong hugs
Thanks dear, I'm in my 2ww.

The cramps have somewhat subsided... and I'm eating like a horse (though I suspect that's just my greed trying to leverage on the situation haha), and I do feel tired-er than normal (though, that may be stress). Interestingly, right now I'm feeling a bit of nausea, but I think that's the crinone being naughty.

I'm trying hard to manage my own expectations... after foolishly peeing on a stick 6dp5dt - obviously only 1 line showed la....

Hi,

Really sorry to hear your loss. I don't have the answer to your questions, but Im sure someone else would. Please do make sure that you do a mini-confinement to regain your strength ok! Jiayou!

Hi ladies,
Im in my 2ww, 7dp3dt.
Not sure if anyone experiences similar side effect as me. Breast is very painful esp upon touch.. esp these 2 days..

The cramps have somewhat subsided... and I'm eating like a horse (though I suspect that's just my greed trying to leverage on the situation haha), and I do feel tired-er than normal (though, that may be stress). Interestingly, right now I'm feeling a bit of nausea, but I think that's the crinone being naughty.

I'm trying hard to manage my own expectations... after foolishly peeing on a stick 6dp5dt - obviously only 1 line showed la....

It's still early to test. Wait for few more days

Try in another 2-3 days' time for the POAS? It's going to be exciting! Jia you!

Back