March 2018 Mummies

sadly today's appt showed that the baby stopped growing more than a week ago... and there was no heartbeat. The duphaston didn't help. Prof says most likely a genetic problem is the cause of all my recurrent miscarriages since my second child does have a rare genetic disorder. We will stop trying for another baby... 4 miscarriages back to back over the past one year is too exhausting emotionally
I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hugs to you. Take care

Hi,

I need some opinions about the cost of Harmony or Panorama test.
My gynae quoted me SGD1300 for the Harmony test but a colleague of mine mentioned that she only paid SGD800+ for the Panorama test at Mount Elizabeth. I thought Panorama test should be more expensive than Harmony?

Is SGD1300 a market price for Harmony test? Thanks.

Just been curious anyone have been wake up in the middle of the nite just to have sone snack. If don't eat will be very dizzy and can't return to slp. I have been waking up for weeks just to have some bite I'm so tired of it .

Just been curious anyone have been wake up in the middle of the nite just to have sone snack. If don't eat will be very dizzy and can't return to slp. I have been waking up for weeks just to have some bite I'm so tired of it .
i will feel hungry middle of night but im too tired to get up, even if im up, im too tired to eat, so end up drinking milk. and that cause me to wake up again to pee(aaarrrggghhh)
so now i drink milk before i sleep and tell bb let me sleep, food will comes in the morning. hahaa

Soon soon lo! 1 more mth to ur appt! I'm thinking of going to a private gynae at Clementi to confirm too. Is 7 weeks too early to confirm via scan? Cos the earlier time I went was too early n couldnt detect via scan so doc did V check..

Btw anyone seen this or heard this clinic before?
http://www.gynaemdclementi.com.sg/mobile//abt_dr_regina_zuzarte_profile.html
I'm in the same situation as you I haven't confirm pregnancy via scan yet. I've also book prof Su in nov. will go to gynaemd tomorrow to do dating scan. Have you done yours?

I'm in the same situation as you I haven't confirm pregnancy via scan yet. I've also book prof Su in nov. will go to gynaemd tomorrow to do dating scan. Have you done yours?

Nov!!! its really long. so you be seeing a private gynae to do your Oscar or Harmony test?

Nov!!! its really long. so you be seeing a private gynae to do your Oscar or Harmony test?
Yes! I wanted to go through Nuh subsidised first but my first appointment is 29 next month by then I would have entered 2nd trimester. Prof Su was my Gynaecologist for my previous pregnancy. I prefer familiar faces so I will go back to her but I think she has become more expensive and I'm not sure if she offers any package like before. I'm not sure about oscar or harmony test. I wasn't advised to do previously.

Yes! I wanted to go through Nuh subsidised first but my first appointment is 29 next month by then I would have entered 2nd trimester. Prof Su was my Gynaecologist for my previous pregnancy. I prefer familiar faces so I will go back to her but I think she has become more expensive and I'm not sure if she offers any package like before. I'm not sure about oscar or harmony test. I wasn't advised to do previously.

I am still waiting for my first appt with NUH too, 14 Sept.
I tink they only offer standard package like last time, maybe it senior doc charge.

I am still waiting for my first appt with NUH too, 14 Sept.
I tink they only offer standard package like last time, maybe it senior doc charge.
Hi sunflower37, I am seeing my gynae at NUH too under doctor tm chua as private patient.

The private charges charges for nuh first consultation is about 300+ inclusive of vaginal scan, consultation and medication. Subsequent visit is 100+. I went for the Oscar test there which is about $400 and igene test ( similar test to harmony test ) which is $800

Each visit via appointment is about 30mins of waiting time not too bad.

The doctor package starts at 22 weeks till birth at $900 excluding medication and ultrascan and the 20 week scan.

Hi sunflower37, I am seeing my gynae at NUH too under doctor tm chua as private patient.

The private charges charges for nuh first consultation is about 300+ inclusive of vaginal scan, consultation and medication. Subsequent visit is 100+. I went for the Oscar test there which is about $400 and igene test ( similar test to harmony test ) which is $800

The doctor package starts at 22 weeks till birth at $900 excluding medication and ultrascan and the 20 week scan.

I was with Dr Chua for my #1. Ya the charges is about there. Their scan is so EX!
I always go Jurong Clinic. The nurse there are so nice!

20 weeks scan not included in package anymore? what about 30wks scan?

This time going on subsidized route due to previous pregnancy medical condition (need daily injection, sub rates for med is cheaper).

Hi,

My gynae quoted me SGD1300 for the Harmony test but a colleague of mine mentioned that she only paid SGD800+ for the Panorama test at Mount Elizabeth. I thought Panorama test should be more expensive than Harmony?

My gynae quote me with 900 with GST (doing at Mt E) for Panorama. For Harmony, its 800 with GST

Wow now I feel I was ripped off. Was charged $1400 for igene + $500 for other blood tests at a private clinic. Total $2k+ w gst!
Should have switched to nuh earlier.

What time slots do you usually take? I took a sat time slot w prof biswas and waited 1h. Wondering if there is an optimum time slot w less waiting.

sorry to hear that my dear. hugs. rest well & take care
try to go sinseh to tiao your body first , and let the rest comes naturally.
this sinseh i've been seeing after my past miscarriages focus on women only if u r open to try.
address is
ban choon chan
blk 81 #01-636
marine parade central,
singapore 440081
Agree with suggestion to go TCM to heal. Also talk to dr about taking baby aspirin when pregnant as I had recurrent miscarriages but pregnancy ok when I take baby aspirin.

woah ur gynae is really expensive!!! my gf did harmony test at mount Alvernia w doc SL GOH was charged about $1100.
Im considering to do harmony test straight away but kkh insist package include oscar test no matter what. It is frustrating speaking to them. I realised alot of young mothers skip the test because the possibility is rather low. Hence u probably want to take this into consideration.
Check out this article. Maybe this can help
https://www.buzz.ie/news/iceland-nearly-becoming-first-country-no-downs-syndrome-births-250639
Yah I asked my kkh gynae and he also said must do Oscar before can do Harmony

I was with Dr Chua for my #1. Ya the charges is about there. Their scan is so EX!
I always go Jurong Clinic. The nurse there are so nice!

20 weeks scan not included in package anymore? what about 30wks scan?

This time going on subsidized route due to previous pregnancy medical condition (need daily injection, sub rates for med is cheaper).
Screenshot_20170823-182154.png

This is the antenatal package nuh offered to the mothers.

I stay very far from nuh but I think it's all worth it. Feel safe to deliver there as gynae and nurses always make sure my baby and I are safe and in good hands. :)

Even though the scans are not inclusive in the package but give birth and tests everything is so much cheaper, no need worry bill shock after birth.

Wow now I feel I was ripped off. Was charged $1400 for igene + $500 for other blood tests at a private clinic. Total $2k+ w gst!
Should have switched to nuh earlier.

What time slots do you usually take? I took a sat time slot w prof biswas and waited 1h. Wondering if there is an optimum time slot w less waiting.
Nuh and kkh have their own lab for blood tests so I think it's cheaper? I called the hospital once to change appointment and realised the gynae is not in the clinic everyday. 3 times a week. Have to check your doctor availability in the clinic. Weekends will be longer wait because only open half day.

i will feel hungry middle of night but im too tired to get up, even if im up, im too tired to eat, so end up drinking milk. and that cause me to wake up again to pee(aaarrrggghhh)
so now i drink milk before i sleep and tell bb let me sleep, food will comes in the morning. hahaa
For me it's the constant hunger during the day. After lunch, still hungry! I've started packing almond nuts, energy bars in my bag.

View attachment 687858

This is the antenatal package nuh offered to the mothers.

I stay very far from nuh but I think it's all worth it. Feel safe to deliver there as gynae and nurses always make sure my baby and I are safe and in good hands. :)

Even though the scans are not inclusive in the package but give birth and tests everything is so much cheaper, no need worry bill shock after birth.

thanks for sharing.
i stayed in their 1 bedder for my #1 delivery.
their nurses are really friendly. no doubt about them.
the mid wife tt assisted me while i was delivering is very pro too.

hope their standard are the same after 3yr.

Anyone have any special skin care brand to recommend ? I read online that certain ingrediants in skin care n make up we should avoid for now ...

Anyone have any special skin care brand to recommend ? I read online that certain ingrediants in skin care n make up we should avoid for now ...
I have turned to organic and natural products, like keeping alow vera plant for mask, rashes and extra virgin coconut oil for dryness. not a pleasant smell, so add some lemongrass or lavender oil to cover coconut smell.

I have turned to organic and natural products, like keeping alow vera plant for mask, rashes and extra virgin coconut oil for dryness. not a pleasant smell, so add some lemongrass or lavender oil to cover coconut smell.

Very effort leh .. I'm kinda lazy :( thinking of getting off the shelf

woah ur gynae is really expensive!!! my gf did harmony test at mount Alvernia w doc SL GOH was charged about $1100.
Im considering to do harmony test straight away but kkh insist package include oscar test no matter what. It is frustrating speaking to them. I realised alot of young mothers skip the test because the possibility is rather low. Hence u probably want to take this into consideration.
Check out this article. Maybe this can help
https://www.buzz.ie/news/iceland-nearly-becoming-first-country-no-downs-syndrome-births-250639
Ya damn expensive! Thanks for the article, let me consider for another 3 more weeks when I find a new gynae

Hi,

I was quoted $1,350 for the iGene test and my gynae from Mt E Novena. My gynae say its just different brands but iGene is managed by a NUH prof.

any mummy encounter elder kids having hfmd when you are pregnant?
my #1 is down with hfmd.... abit loss..

My fren caught hfmd while pregnant (she caught it from her son infant care but her son didn't catch it tho). Baby in utero is safe even if mummy get hfmd, just that mummy will feel really drained from the sickness plus carrying baby.

My fren caught hfmd while pregnant (she caught it from her son infant care but her son didn't catch it tho). Baby in utero is safe even if mummy get hfmd, just that mummy will feel really drained from the sickness plus carrying baby.

Phew! Good to know that!
My hub took over caring for my #1 while i came back to work.
I try to minimize contact with her and wear mask around her.

Phew! Good to know that!
My hub took over caring for my #1 while i came back to work.
I try to minimize contact with her and wear mask around her.
Remember to wash hands frequently and take high vit c fruits like orange or kiwi daily.

My #1 was down with hfmd last week and hub caught it too. I managed to avoid but it really taught me a lesson not to share food in future and practice good hygiene.

Hi mummies to be.. I am also a mar edd mom... first time posting in this forum though I have been lurking around for some time now...

I am a 2nd time mom here wanting to let out my emotions because I have no one I can talk about it now.. My hubby is posted overseas for work and will only be back mid of next month... I am not able to get the support I need from him now...

Has anyone of you experienced gender disappointment? I want to be honest and say I am disappointed that my #2 was checked not to be the boy I wanted. As my #1 is already a girl, I badly want a boy for #2 to sort of balance things up. I guess the unspoken pressure with my MIL might also be a factor as she already has 5 grand-daughters and just 1 grand-son. Although my husband said girl or boy it doesn't matter, as long as the baby is healthy.. I also agree that the most important thing is that the baby is healthy but the same time, I am thoroughly upset that I didn't get the boy I had hoped so much for.

I know my sadness and disappointment might sound petty to those who have been TTC-ing.. In fact, my #2 was also conceived after some difficulty... I understand that I need to treasure the fact that I managed to conceive in the end when there are those who are still trying. But.... perhaps it is because I have been trying to hard.. that the disappointment is just greater.

I have been trying to see the good side of having another girl.. she can wear her jie jie clothes (save money), siblings of same gender (might be?) closer to each other, they can share room in the future, etc etc etc... but I am still sad at the baby boy that I will not have... As this pregnancy was conceived with difficulty, and because of my age, I don't think we will be trying for another baby... 2 and that's it.

I see my friends have 1 girl and 1 boy like so easily and I wonder why I am not fated to have the same?

When I was having my #1, I also wanted a boy but the feeling wasn't so strong so I wasn't that disappointed. And when my #1 was born, and seeing her now, I honestly is glad that my first baby is her and I wouldn't want it any other way. I am sure with my #2 is the same.. After she is born, I will fall in love with her as I did with her sister and love her.

Just that.. at the same time.. I am sad that I am destined not to have a boy...

Any mommies here also have same feelings as me?

I understand this topic might cause unhappiness to some especially to the others who are still TTC-ing.. just that... gender disappointment is also read and I hope to be able to talk about it.

Hi mummies to be.. I am also a mar edd mom... first time posting in this forum though I have been lurking around for some time now...

I am a 2nd time mom here wanting to let out my emotions because I have no one I can talk about it now.. My hubby is posted overseas for work and will only be back mid of next month... I am not able to get the support I need from him now...

Has anyone of you experienced gender disappointment? I want to be honest and say I am disappointed that my #2 was checked not to be the boy I wanted. As my #1 is already a girl, I badly want a boy for #2 to sort of balance things up. I guess the unspoken pressure with my MIL might also be a factor as she already has 5 grand-daughters and just 1 grand-son. Although my husband said girl or boy it doesn't matter, as long as the baby is healthy.. I also agree that the most important thing is that the baby is healthy but the same time, I am thoroughly upset that I didn't get the boy I had hoped so much for.

I know my sadness and disappointment might sound petty to those who have been TTC-ing.. In fact, my #2 was also conceived after some difficulty... I understand that I need to treasure the fact that I managed to conceive in the end when there are those who are still trying. But.... perhaps it is because I have been trying to hard.. that the disappointment is just greater.

I have been trying to see the good side of having another girl.. she can wear her jie jie clothes (save money), siblings of same gender (might be?) closer to each other, they can share room in the future, etc etc etc... but I am still sad at the baby boy that I will not have... As this pregnancy was conceived with difficulty, and because of my age, I don't think we will be trying for another baby... 2 and that's it.

I see my friends have 1 girl and 1 boy like so easily and I wonder why I am not fated to have the same?

When I was having my #1, I also wanted a boy but the feeling wasn't so strong so I wasn't that disappointed. And when my #1 was born, and seeing her now, I honestly is glad that my first baby is her and I wouldn't want it any other way. I am sure with my #2 is the same.. After she is born, I will fall in love with her as I did with her sister and love her.

I understand this topic might cause unhappiness to some especially to the others who are still TTC-ing.. just that... gender disappointment is also read and I hope to be able to talk about it.

Hi, I do have friends in real life who are also honest to share they are hoping for a different gender for second pregnancy and even expressed disappointment when they know the gender. I guess this is normal - don't feel guilty about this.

It's actually very lovely to have both siblings of the same gender growing up together. I have a sister 4 years my senior and we talk about everything under the sun. :)

Did you do panorama test to find out the gender so early?

sadly today's appt showed that the baby stopped growing more than a week ago... and there was no heartbeat. The duphaston didn't help. Prof says most likely a genetic problem is the cause of all my recurrent miscarriages since my second child does have a rare genetic disorder. We will stop trying for another baby... 4 miscarriages back to back over the past one year is too exhausting emotionally

Sorry to hear that, girl. Please rest well & take good care of yourself.

Hi Jewelnight, I do have a preference as well so u are not alone :) I have not gotten my Harmony test results yet but I am hoping for a boy for the first one so that in case we can't/choose not to/no money to have a second one, a boy can already "jiao cai" to my hubby's family u know. They of course did not tell me directly they prefer a boy but they are rather traditional chinese parents. Also, I have an elder brother myself so I'm more used to the order like that.

That being said, if it turns out to be a girl, I will still be happy & I know so will be my hubby. Our only humble hope is for the baby to be healthy and well, everything else is secondary. Like U said, I too believe once U see your second, U will immediately fall in love all over again like the first time :)

Speaking of the Harmony test, I had to redo mine as the first time blood drawn just nice at 10wks had insufficient fetal serum detected. Zzzzz...I have always been quite suay with the blood department so I had to redo again and wait for another 2 weeks to hear the results. Mehhhh.

Hi Jewelnight, I do have a preference as well so u are not alone :) I have not gotten my Harmony test results yet but I am hoping for a boy for the first one so that in case we can't/choose not to/no money to have a second one, a boy can already "jiao cai" to my hubby's family u know. They of course did not tell me directly they prefer a boy but they are rather traditional chinese parents. Also, I have an elder brother myself so I'm more used to the order like that.

That being said, if it turns out to be a girl, I will still be happy & I know so will be my hubby. Our only humble hope is for the baby to be healthy and well, everything else is secondary. Like U said, I too believe once U see your second, U will immediately fall in love all over again like the first time :)

Speaking of the Harmony test, I had to redo mine as the first time blood drawn just nice at 10wks had insufficient fetal serum detected. Zzzzz...I have always been quite suay with the blood department so I had to redo again and wait for another 2 weeks to hear the results. Mehhhh.
If withdraw again need pay or not? Haha

Hello all mummies to be! I don't take milk so I would like to ask what are the possible substitutes for milk to take in more calcium for me and my baby? Thanks in advance! :)

Back