IVF/ICSI Support Group

That's so sucky and unprofessional of a doc to say that - opps, wouldn't even say a doc, would say a TCM practitioner. What happens if some silly patient really listens to him and still have no good news? Can he GUARANTEE that the patient will definitely bring home a baby just by following his TCM? What rubbish.

If I were you, I would just slam it into his face and leave without paying.
Hi towkayneo,
I think I read from some earlier posts that you didn't went for any TCM. Neither do I. So may I know how did you prep your body for the ivf? I'm only taking supplements to improve the quality of my eggs, and hubby too, taking supplements to improve his sperm quality. Btw, when should I start taking more eggs? I'm scheduled for Dec cycle. Thanks.

Im with NUH..ill call them & find out..
I did medicated FET twice at NUH. My medications were not covered under subsidy. But perhaps i'm a private patient with pc wong. So no subsidy at all. Not sure about the subsidised patient. Good luck with your upcoming FET!

Hi all.

Does anyone ever experience low hcg level but still have a successful 9mths pregnancy? I'm totally confused as for some reason my hcg stops doubling in my 5weeks but it does rising by only 16% from the 2nd beta. Prof said it could be chemical pregnancy.

Hi towkayneo,
I think I read from some earlier posts that you didn't went for any TCM. Neither do I. So may I know how did you prep your body for the ivf? I'm only taking supplements to improve the quality of my eggs, and hubby too, taking supplements to improve his sperm quality. Btw, when should I start taking more eggs? I'm scheduled for Dec cycle. Thanks.
Seriously, I did nothing much except folic acid & soya bean milk every morning and of cos 3 eggs before ER. You can start to take more eggs before ER, say now?

Seriously, I did nothing much except folic acid & soya bean milk every morning and of cos 3 eggs before ER. You can start to take more eggs before ER, say now?
Yup. I'm taking folic acid, royal jelly and conceive well since 2 months back... so taking soya bean milk everyday helps? Ok... I shall listen to you and start taking 3 eggs daily now. Thanks so much

Yup. I'm taking folic acid, royal jelly and conceive well since 2 months back... so taking soya bean milk everyday helps? Ok... I shall listen to you and start taking 3 eggs daily now. Thanks so much
it helps with building up the lining, but i know some dont encourage soya products if you have other medical conditions like endo (if i am not wrong?) you can have more eggs if you want. good luck!

Hi ladies..my period reported tdy so going to scan on sat morning and get the jab supplies and start round 2 of this journey (last failed cycle in July).
Should I continue coenzyme q10 during stims? Doin acu with Thomson tcm and dr advised to stop tcm herbs.

Any cycle buddies? Jiayou to those on 2ww!

I did medicated FET twice at NUH. My medications were not covered under subsidy. But perhaps i'm a private patient with pc wong. So no subsidy at all. Not sure about the subsidised patient. Good luck with your upcoming FET!
Yup CHR told me same thing..cannot use under the grant or medisave as this is from pharmacy..

Does anyone know if it is recommended to take cordyceps and dang Shen during Ivf?
My tcm dr advised to stop the herbs during Ivf cycle itself. I have a bottle of maca and cordyceps but don't plan to take. But there are also ladies who continued and bfp. Mayb no right or wrong.
For me I've been taking tcm and multivitamins and coenzyme q10 for mths alrdy but haven't succeeded. Sometimes I wonder if I shld stop everything for a month or 2 and give my body a break, and maybe will strike. Sighs.

Hi all, this is a silly question but for those of you who have done ER / ET, did you wear socks or was bare footed during the procedures?

I was just looking at the overseas forums and many ladies like to wear "good luck" socks, lol.
Can wear socks for kkh dat is! I wore them during et And er...No luck tho.Lol..

My tcm dr advised to stop the herbs during Ivf cycle itself. I have a bottle of maca and cordyceps but don't plan to take. But there are also ladies who continued and bfp. Mayb no right or wrong.
For me I've been taking tcm and multivitamins and coenzyme q10 for mths alrdy but haven't succeeded. Sometimes I wonder if I shld stop everything for a month or 2 and give my body a break, and maybe will strike. Sighs.

I am almost your cycle buddy but about a week behind. Now still taking the period control Med and stopping next Tue. :)

The Coenzyme you have been taking, is it of Ubiquinol version? This has better absorption compare do to the normal version.

Eggs! Took 8 daily! Gosh! My main issues are implantation problem i guess..bcoz none stick to my lining...

Hajar,
On eggs intake, there is no need to eat too much eggs unless we are overstimulated then we will require the extra proteins to help grow the follicles before ER and also curb the bloatedness after ER.

Did 3 fresh cycles. My first and last cycles, i had 60+ follicles each and i was told to progressively increase the proteins intake. At peak, i stomach 12 whites daily with 2-3 yolks and its so yucky and till now i still got phobia. Also took immunocal protein mix and ensure life milk which has substantial among of proteins but its damn fatty too.

2nd fresh cycle, had 30 follicles and took about 6 egg whites only. My dr also said dont just eat eggs, more proteins can be found in red meat, tofu, soya bean products, fish etc. So just have a protein rich diet during stims and your follicles will grow well :)

Hi sisters ,
Just done the day 8 scan after 7 days of stimulation . Only 5 follicles found , the biggest one is 13.5 mm smallest one is 10mm, does mean max eggs can be retrieved will be 5 on ER ? What I can do now ?

Hajar,
On eggs intake, there is no need to eat too much eggs unless we are overstimulated then we will require the extra proteins to help grow the follicles before ER and also curb the bloatedness after ER.

Did 3 fresh cycles. My first and last cycles, i had 60+ follicles each and i was told to progressively increase the proteins intake. At peak, i stomach 12 whites daily with 2-3 yolks and its so yucky and till now i still got phobia. Also took immunocal protein mix and ensure life milk which has substantial among of proteins but its damn fatty too.

2nd fresh cycle, had 30 follicles and took about 6 egg whites only. My dr also said dont just eat eggs, more proteins can be found in red meat, tofu, soya bean products, fish etc. So just have a protein rich diet during stims and your follicles will grow well :)
Woww how can you did that to have so many eggs ? I eat 4-5 egg white daily , but only 5 follicles can be found, not much can do now. I did eat a lot of meat already , seems still no improvement . Pray for it, hope can success this round

Hi sisters ,
Just done the day 8 scan after 7 days of stimulation . Only 5 follicles found , the biggest one is 13.5 mm smallest one is 10mm, does mean max eggs can be retrieved will be 5 on ER ? What I can do now ?

Winnie,
It depends on your RE's. Mr dr will monitor the follicles until majority hit at least 18mm and above before ordering for ER.
Basically the growth of our follicles are beyond our control, we just need to eat and rest well and trust our drs to monitor.

Woww how can you did that to have so many eggs ? I eat 4-5 egg white daily , but only 5 follicles can be found, not much can do now. I did eat a lot of meat already , seems still no improvement . Pray for it, hope can success this round

I have PCOS and it is not a good thing to have too many follicles as it promotes uneven growth of the follicles and also the eggs quality maybe compromised too. On top that the risk of developing OHSS increases significantly when we are over-stimulated.
So quantity means nothing if the eggs/embryos quality are no good, its the quality of the embryos which counts. So don't worry about the follicles count, we just need a strong embryo to stick on us.

I have PCOS and it is not a good thing to have too many follicles as it promotes uneven growth of the follicles and also the eggs quality maybe compromised too. On top that the risk of developing OHSS increases significantly when we are over-stimulated.
So quantity means nothing if the eggs/embryos quality are no good, its the quality of the embryos which counts. So don't worry about the follicles count, we just need a strong embryo to stick on us.
Ya you are right sister, I have tried my best already .what can do is that wait and see how

Hihi, don't worry. I only had 13 follicles at day 8 scan. But by day 10, more evolved and I ended up with 18 eggs. We just need the eggs to be 17-18mm above. I'm told that there may be more than what they see cos the big ones may block the small ones. So they can't see.

Don't worry ok. I know we all worry like mad at every stage. I am worried sick and feel so stressed all day long while waiting for beta. Jia you!

Hi all, this is a silly question but for those of you who have done ER / ET, did you wear socks or was bare footed during the procedures?

I was just looking at the overseas forums and many ladies like to wear "good luck" socks, lol.

They are done at the OT so you can only use the gown they provide. You can't even wear contact lens.

But do wear socks after the ET. It's good to keep your feet warm during the 2ww.

Tha
Hihi, don't worry. I only had 13 follicles at day 8 scan. But by day 10, more evolved and I ended up with 18 eggs. We just need the eggs to be 17-18mm above. I'm told that there may be more than what they see cos the big ones may block the small ones. So they can't see.

Don't worry ok. I know we all worry like mad at every stage. I am worried sick and feel so stressed all day long while waiting for beta. Jia you!
thank you for your reply sister, even though disappointed on the egg count, but still need to keep moving forwards . Thanks for your support sister .

Hi, dun worry too much, i only had 3 eggs retrieved for my 1st ivf and got a bfp. As u said there is nothing much you can do. The least you can do is to keep a positive mindset. Jiayou!

Hi sisters ,
QUOTE="Winniewiniepooh, post: 8449582, member: 183613"]Hi sisters ,
Just done the day 8 scan after 7 days of stimulation . Only 5 follicles found , the biggest one is 13.5 mm smallest one is 10mm, does mean max eggs can be retrieved will be 5 on ER ? What I can do now ?[/QUOTE]
Similar to my situation...dr call it low reserve.so no mater hw many high dose stimulation u can only have certain amnt number eggs....ultimately u need 1 gd one to succeed.wish us all the best.And im still hoping and tryin too..

hi all, I just went for my beta today and have a reading of 224 at 12dp3dt. Is that okay?
Also I noticed a slight brownish discharge. when I wipe it looks more like dirt than blood but am quite worried as I had a CP before this. Anyone experienced similar situations?

No la...8 is too much! Implantation problem...how thick is your lining?
Always hit till 5-6 mm only near ER..Aniway plan has changed..For hysteroscopy den medicated Fet in February...Any preparation i need.Suplemetn to take other than folic acid....

hi all, I just went for my beta today and have a reading of 224 at 12dp3dt. Is that okay?
Also I noticed a slight brownish discharge. when I wipe it looks more like dirt than blood but am quite worried as I had a CP before this. Anyone experienced similar situations?
Vk85,
I tested on 11dp3dt and had a low beta of 8.5 and this slow embryo is now my chirpy 5 yr old son.

So dont worry be positive and have a smooth pregnancy.

Similar to my situation...dr call it low reserve.so no mater hw many high dose stimulation u can only have certain amnt number eggs....ultimately u need 1 gd one to succeed.wish us all the best.And im still hoping and tryin too..
All the best for ur ivf cycle! I've 5 follicles in each of my two ivf cycles due to low reserve... Yes, 1 golden egg works.. Applies to my first cycle..

QUOTE="Winniewiniepooh, post: 8449582, member: 183613"]Hi sisters ,
Similar to my situation...dr call it low reserve.so no mater hw many high dose stimulation u can only have certain amnt number eggs....ultimately u need 1 gd one to succeed.wish us all the best.And im still hoping and tryin too..[/QUOTE]
Girls what are your AMH or AFC?

Girls what are your AMH or AFC?[/QUOTE]
Have no idea if its amh or afc.....dr keep mentioning low reserve low reserve..

Girls what are your AMH or AFC?
Have no idea if its amh or afc.....dr keep mentioning low reserve low reserve..[/QUOTE]
Hi hajar, my AMH level 4.6. Anything below 1 is considered Low If I recall what the Dr said correctly.
Just collected my drugs for 2nd fresh cycle, dr Tan changed to menopur. I had 10 follicles, 5 mature fr gonal-f previous round. My this round is aiming for more to store in case BFN again.
Ladies, is the yield usually lower for menopur compared to gonal-f (though I heard some achieve Better quality eggs w menopur).

Ladies, is the yield usually lower for menopur compared to gonal-f (though I heard some achieve Better quality eggs w menopur).[/QUOTE]
Different people respond to different drugs differently. In my case, my body dun really respond to menopur in my 2nd fresh (as in when it was added, my follicles growth rate were very slow). So when dr prescribed it to me again for 3rd fresh, i requested for a change. In your case, you did 1 fresh and may not have a basis to compare against. So i guess it's back to trial and error before you can observe a trend?

This is my first time doing IVF.. tonite will have my last injection Lucrin. Will be doing egg retrieve next Monday. praying hard everything go successful.. BTW anyone heard Embroygen?

Hi hajar, my AMH level 4.6. Anything below 1 is considered Low If I recall what the Dr said correctly.
Just collected my drugs for 2nd fresh cycle, dr Tan changed to menopur. I had 10 follicles, 5 mature fr gonal-f previous round. My this round is aiming for more to store in case BFN again.
Ladies, is the yield usually lower for menopur compared to gonal-f (though I heard some achieve Better quality eggs w menopur).[/QUOTE]
Same situation as mine.2nd fresh meant to store more.unfortunateli with additional menopur yield more but fertilised 5.3 make it...And Bfn too...

Ladies, is the yield usually lower for menopur compared to gonal-f (though I heard some achieve Better quality eggs w menopur).
Same situation as mine.2nd fresh meant to store more.unfortunateli with additional menopur yield more but fertilised 5.3 make it...And Bfn too...[/QUOTE]
hi hajar, thanks for replying. You mean your 2nd cycle was gonal-f but add on some menopur or purely menopur? And how high is your amh since u were asking. Can try to eat uniquinol to increase quality as advised by the others who strike w 1 golden egg.
Hoping for the best for all of us here, we all believe it's about timing so let's keep the faith and carry on fighting!! :)

Same situation as mine.2nd fresh meant to store more.unfortunateli with additional menopur yield more but fertilised 5.3 make it...And Bfn too...
hi hajar, thanks for replying. You mean your 2nd cycle was gonal-f but add on some menopur or purely menopur? And how high is your amh since u were asking. Can try to eat uniquinol to increase quality as advised by the others who strike w 1 golden egg.
Hoping for the best for all of us here, we all believe it's about timing so let's keep the faith and carry on fighting!! :)[/QUOTE]
My 2nd cycle is gonal menopur and orgulatron..first cycle orgolutron and gonal only...may we strike it one fine day...2017 comin..same goal same wish same dream same achievement to unlock...

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a long waiting time for FET cycle at kkh?
Just did my fresh cycle, blood test on 30 nov, but worried that it might not work out and just wondering if I could start FET the following month? Or do I have to wait another 3 months just like fresh cycle?

Hihi, I changed from NUH Prof Wong to KKH Dr THH, as I would like to try a doctor with a bolder approach. I heard from a few friends and consulted some of you at this forum. Quite a lot of people told me that Prof uses a more conservation approach. Fewer eggs are generated. As a result, I had few embryos left.
There were also some ladies who commented on the type of trigger jab that he used. But I wasn't given that jab.

I really generated more eggs and had my first few blasts from KKH( but with tcm this time). But care level at NUH is really remarkable as compared to KKH. At KKH, they operated on factory production model. I can't blame them cos they have a lot more patients. It's hard to get one additional day of mc too. No updates on embryos on daily basis, no bed to rest after ET, nurse don't call u up after ET to ask, n lesser medication support during 2ww and post BT. I really miss the CHR nurses and level of care at NUH. But Dr THH is a important reason why we will stick to KKH eventually. He's truly approachable and experienced.

Anyway, I hope that I'll BFP from this round n no more IVF. My mother told me that one is good enough Liao after she saw what I went through. Think she heartpain to see her daughter going through jabs, acupuncture, yucky medication and stress during 2ww.
Hi Amiee,
I feel you exactly cos I did ivf with prof (1 fresh 2 FET), n decided to switch Dr HH tan at kkh.
And dr tan was able to diagnose that I have endometriosis n did a laparoscopy with him. Just did my fresh cycle n now in 2WW. Can really see the difference in terms of level of care. N prof will personally scan u at every appointment unlike kkh. But well, is the results that matter. Good luck to both of us!

Hi Amiee,
I feel you exactly cos I did ivf with prof (1 fresh 2 FET), n decided to switch Dr HH tan at kkh.
And dr tan was able to diagnose that I have endometriosis n did a laparoscopy with him. Just did my fresh cycle n now in 2WW. Can really see the difference in terms of level of care. N prof will personally scan u at every appointment unlike kkh. But well, is the results that matter. Good luck to both of us!
How's your result with Kkh different from at nuh?

How's your result with Kkh different from at nuh?
I'm still in my 2 week wait from kkh.
At Nuh I got pregnant first 2 cycles but ended up with early miscarriage. In terms of eggs retrieved and fertilized, I had more from Nuh. But that has probably got to do with age as my fresh cycle with Nuh was done in 2014.

Always hit till 5-6 mm only near ER..Aniway plan has changed..For hysteroscopy den medicated Fet in February...Any preparation i need.Suplemetn to take other than folic acid....
Red bean soup, soya milk, high protein food, raspberry leaf tea to build up lining

Back