IVF/ICSI Support Group

Can in general to tiao body prior no problem. Cos some ppl might react to it like myself that I'm sharing my experiences ..my experience was TOO MUCH royal jelly. I took a tad more on my 3rd cycle which resulted in cysts on my overies. But i took lesser but still took on my 4th cycle and was ok no cysts. So too much of a good thing is not that good after all. If u feel uncomfortable when during later can ask Ur doc to scan. All the best to Ur cycle! ;)

hmm... yah I do agree, everything in moderation. Too much is not good! All the best to you too...

I just started the intake of Royal Jelly... I should be starting my IVF cycle in November/December... so I think Im kinda hugging the buddha leg now. When did you start to take more egg whites? During the injection or since you went for consultation with the doctor? I dont really like meat thou I still eat.
You can start to take egg whites now...gradually increase to 3-5 egg whites during jabs..

I just started the intake of Royal Jelly... I should be starting my IVF cycle in November/December... so I think Im kinda hugging the buddha leg now. When did you start to take more egg whites? During the injection or since you went for consultation with the doctor? I dont really like meat thou I still eat.
I only started during the stims... Cos taking 4 to 6 egg whites felt too much for me if I were to eat like this for too long period. During stims, I took the gooey half boiled eggs, easier to drink and stomach. But after ET, you won't be able to take half boiled eggs cos too raw. You can start now if you don't mind. 2 a day and step up the quantity closer to your ivf.

I only started during the stims... Cos taking 4 to 6 egg whites felt too much for me if I were to eat like this for too long period. During stims, I took the gooey half boiled eggs, easier to drink and stomach. But after ET, you won't be able to take half boiled eggs cos too raw. You can start now if you don't mind. 2 a day and step up the quantity closer to your ivf.

I miss soft boil eggs with tau yew & pepper!

images

I think 3 months of Royal jelly will give it enough time to work, assuming it does. But if you have cysts history, better not. I didn't know it has that negative effect.

My Royal jelly has a little Manuka honey content. Which helps keep the flu away from me also.

Oh I read you shouldn't take Royal jelly during pregnancy so just an early reminder.

You can start to take egg whites now...gradually increase to 3-5 egg whites during jabs..

That day I told my hubby that alot of ladies took about 4 egg whites usually, he really got a shock! ok... I will start to take about 1-2 egg white per day from now onwards.. that should be pretty easy to eat 1 egg per day! Thanks.

ya, you can, you need to walk to the Sperm Bank to get a detailed embryo report. The report will tell you how many eggs extracted, how many eggs fertilized, how many transferred, how many balance.

One lesson I learned when asking for embryo report at kkh. I was told there was none to freeze. I could have walked away thinking all my embryos degenerated but instead I asked embryologist when did they die ....ok lah maybe I shouldn't use the word die but well haha.
He told me I have 5 blasto but quality was too poor to freeze so throw away. I was quite piss because I wasn't given a choice to try even if they are so lousy n at that time I can still have grant to use for FET. Anyway it's good to ask what happened to the other embryos that did not survive when u are getting the report. If I didn't ask I wouldn't know that my embryo can actually survive till blast. I would have thought they all did not make it past day 4.

I think 3 months of Royal jelly will give it enough time to work, assuming it does. But if you have cysts history, better not. I didn't know it has that negative effect.

My Royal jelly has a little Manuka honey content. Which helps keep the flu away from me also.

Oh I read you shouldn't take Royal jelly during pregnancy so just an early reminder.
Yah... i read somewhere that royal jelly is not recommended if u r pregnant hence we only bought a 3 months supply, exactly the months to my ivf

Hi,

would like to check what constitutes to a medicated FET? I was prescribed Progynova for 13 days before seeing dr for scan. Is this considered medicated? Any thing I need to avoid taking during this period?
Yes this is considered medicated FET.
Once lining reach optimal dr will arrange for transfer.

One lesson I learned when asking for embryo report at kkh. I was told there was none to freeze. I could have walked away thinking all my embryos degenerated but instead I asked embryologist when did they die ....ok lah maybe I shouldn't use the word die but well haha.
He told me I have 5 blasto but quality was too poor to freeze so throw away. I was quite piss because I wasn't given a choice to try even if they are so lousy n at that time I can still have grant to use for FET. Anyway it's good to ask what happened to the other embryos that did not survive when u are getting the report. If I didn't ask I wouldn't know that my embryo can actually survive till blast. I would have thought they all did not make it past day 4.
That's quite a good tip~ Would it be better if they consulted and get your opinion to transfer the lousy blasto rather than they took the liberty and discard them away?

I had seen Dr wee.. he is alright. Gentle and patient guy.

My intention is to do fet this month. And yesterday my director asked me to go biz trip with her. 4 working days. It's during my 2ww. She doesn't know that I'm doing ivf and I dun intend let her know.

How ah? What's your advice?

It's tough to hide from your bosses and colleagues. I used to do that and told them I am doing a minor op for woman problem. It's not easy cos u have to plan your lie. Going for scan taking mc urgent leave etc make u the worst employee ever. haha. I managed to do it by being thick skin. However after 3 cycles I decided to come clean and told my boss n covering colleague I am doing ivf. Even though I did not take hl for second cycle but the constant need to go scan is disrupting. I go to the extend of estimating my scan n ER date n block leave. It's not easy n stressful as well. I do not want to tell because I don't want people to ask me lots of question or worse look at me pitifully when I failed so I can understand why u do not wish to tell your boss. I cannot imagine if I fail N go back office to answer n explain why I failed when my heart is hurting.
Of course if u one time strike then everything is perfect.

Yes, I have been taking TCM for the last 1 year and doing acupuncture as well. I think my last cycle I didn't use Centrotide, this is the new medication given to me this round. Not sure if it's becoz of this, but overall the better yield could be becoz of a few changes.. Like me sleeping early and removing caffeine from my diet as well. Oh I used Saizen too during my stimming phase.

As for growth after thaw, nope.. Didn't hear anything from Lai Cheng. Thank u very much daylesford for yr best wishes. I hope u move on very fast and smoothly to yr next stage as well :)

HI jennycsy,
All the best to your ET today! May the procedure be smooth and yr doctor's hands skillful, and may your embies be happy and stick to yr wall! Jiayou!

Finesse9702,
Resting at home after ur fet and talking to ur darlings ?
Which tcm u r seeing ?

Centrotide is used to suppress your leading follicles from ovulating. I Had centrotide for both my fresh cycles.
Looks like saizen and your change in lifestyle helps in this cycle.

Just saw dr I will be cycling fresh cycle again in sep/oct with saizen and gonalF. Hopefully this time it helps in improving my egg quality.

That's quite a good tip~ Would it be better if they consulted and get your opinion to transfer the lousy blasto rather than they took the liberty and discard them away?

They didn't consult me n just told me none to freeze. When u get answer like that u sure walk away feeling sad but cos I am kind of obsessive with ivf thingy so I want to know every single detail :p so I ask when they die how they die wgich day etc. that's when embryologist told me it was thrown away.

.....but cos I am kind of obsessive with ivf thingy so I want to know every single detail :p so I ask when they die how they die wgich day etc. that's when embryologist told me it was thrown away.

Wa, they must be wary of you....you are right, usually when you hear ÿour embryos couldn't make it", you will just move on without asking much

Hi ladies.. I am currently doing the natural cycle of FET. I ovulated today so will be doing my embryo transfer on 17th Aug at NUH.
Hoping to find someone in the same stage as me :)

It's tough to hide from your bosses and colleagues. I used to do that and told them I am doing a minor op for woman problem. It's not easy cos u have to plan your lie. Going for scan taking mc urgent leave etc make u the worst employee ever. haha. I managed to do it by being thick skin. However after 3 cycles I decided to come clean and told my boss n covering colleague I am doing ivf. Even though I did not take hl for second cycle but the constant need to go scan is disrupting. I go to the extend of estimating my scan n ER date n block leave. It's not easy n stressful as well. I do not want to tell because I don't want people to ask me lots of question or worse look at me pitifully when I failed so I can understand why u do not wish to tell your boss. I cannot imagine if I fail N go back office to answer n explain why I failed when my heart is hurting.
What I did upfront was tell some people the whole process, even the percentage of success... Tell them I feel stressed cos will be emo if come bk to work immediately after bfn. Condition them a bit. I a bit play on their sympathy. Just don't come bother me on the day I'm back. And don't penalize me for taking leave from work cos it's a medical condition. And keeping telling myself if they gossip behind my back, let karma handle them...

What I did upfront was tell some people the whole process, even the percentage of success... Tell them I feel stressed cos will be emo if come bk to work immediately after bfn. Condition them a bit. I a bit play on their sympathy. Just don't come bother me on the day I'm back. And don't penalize me for taking leave from work cos it's a medical condition. And keeping telling myself if they gossip behind my back, let karma handle them...
Ya lo they quite irritating lei.. First day i come back work.. My hr come over ask me y i so tired.. I say not enough slp la.. Den he say mummy must slp more lei.. I say who tell u i m mummy? He say u go ivf ma.. Den i reply him back did i tell u is a success? Den he start to ask me y? Y fail? Problem lies wif who? Make me so fedup till i told him off.. Tell him dun come disturb me i very bz wif my work n i dun wish to talk abt this..

Indeed tough. Even if it is just the very few essential people whom you need to inform about doing Ivf. I recall it was very dreadful having to return from those failed cycles to let these ppl know. Despite previously explaining the process and chances, you get the "why" question at the worst timing, the piercing sympathy and the unspoken feeling of burden that you are going to load on those colleagues covering your work.

Ya lo they quite irritating lei.. First day i come back work.. My hr come over ask me y i so tired.. I say not enough slp la.. Den he say mummy must slp more lei.. I say who tell u i m mummy? He say u go ivf ma.. Den i reply him back did i tell u is a success? Den he start to ask me y? Y fail? Problem lies wif who? Make me so fedup till i told him off.. Tell him dun come disturb me i very bz wif my work n i dun wish to talk abt this..
Hmmmm this HR personnel indeed very insensitive. Forget about him lah. Not worth letting such insensitive and unconcerned ppl affect you more. Hugs

Indeed tough. Even if it is just the very few essential people whom you need to inform about doing Ivf. I recall it was very dreadful having to return from those failed cycles to let these ppl know. Despite previously explaining the process and chances, you get the "why" question at the worst timing, the piercing sympathy and the unspoken feeling of burden that you are going to load on those colleagues covering your work.

Yeah! They will still ask no matter what then will ask when u trying again or worse said stuff like no kids better blah blah. Zzzz. N u have to put a brave front telling them is ok I will try again when my inside is like knife piercing

I think the worst is to be kaypoh. No matter good or bad, just leave people be. If they need a listening ear, you'll hear it soon enough.

Many are not educated on this issue and process. Moreover men don't understand unless they hear from frens or have fertility issue themselves. Telling him off is good, don't hold it in and hurt urself.

I think the worst is to be kaypoh. No matter good or bad, just leave people be. If they need a listening ear, you'll hear it soon enough.

Many are not educated on this issue and process. Moreover men don't understand unless they hear from frens or have fertility issue themselves. Telling him off is good, don't hold it in and hurt urself.
Tat time when i stimm halfway he come tell me dun do la.. He say he n his wife aso almost wan start ivf den suddenly strike natural..

Bunny... Me too, thou I haven start my cycle yet, i am planning to leave my AL for the scan, i dont feel like telling my boss anything yet and am still thinking what should i said when i go for the 2ww... my boss is understanding but like what u said, if the cycle fails (touch wood), what and how to answer if everyone is asking...

That day I told my hubby that alot of ladies took about 4 egg whites usually, he really got a shock! ok... I will start to take about 1-2 egg white per day from now onwards.. that should be pretty easy to eat 1 egg per day! Thanks.
No la not all take so much prior to the cycle. For me I only take during stimulating else normally some days cook eggs for dinner for family meals nia.

Bunny... Me too, thou I haven start my cycle yet, i am planning to leave my AL for the scan, i dont feel like telling my boss anything yet and am still thinking what should i said when i go for the 2ww... my boss is understanding but like what u said, if the cycle fails (touch wood), what and how to answer if everyone is asking...
actually i am Lucky i hv a good boss and coll...my boss still buy me starbucks when my 2ww.. he say he plan to visit me and buy me some tonic but duno wat to buy me cos i am vegetarian...he ask me hv good rest then go back work

Lining is 10. My frozen embryos are d3. So will culture thaw on mon, culture to d5, transfer on wed.
Good lining :) mine is at 9
I got a call from CHR earlier. My ET date is changed to 18th instead coz i have d5 and d6 frozen embryos. I suppose they decided to transfer the d6.
Good luck to us heheh

They didn't consult me n just told me none to freeze. When u get answer like that u sure walk away feeling sad but cos I am kind of obsessive with ivf thingy so I want to know every single detail :p so I ask when they die how they die wgich day etc. that's when embryologist told me it was thrown away.
I felt a little "cheated" too when I got my report. On ET day, I was told I got 4 blasts and 2 were transferred. In the embrologist's quick brief post ET, I was told 1 out of the 4 is still under observation. I was not given any clear indication like Almondearie and humbaobao on no. that can be frozen. It appears that they already have a sense that I may not have any frozen embbies but it was not conveyed to me in that manner. Of course I went home bearing hopes that I can do FET if fresh failed until BT date. I just felt I should have been informed of the odds earlier. Maybe they do not want to affect me at point of transfer but I must say it is worst to receive the news on BT day. If quality of the 4 blasts were not even, then I could also have transferred 1 (I was definitely not gunning for twins but more of a BFP) and hold the other better grade blast.

Although it is always easy to talk on hindsight, please clarify your doubts at each stage of the process. We have the right to know and question like what Bunny said. Of course do it in a nice manner and not to the extent that you doubt the medical staff's professionalism. I'm sure they also want the best outcome for us.

Hi guys I went for my 3rd Ivf fresh. Did my Er yesterday retrieved 4. 3 fertised but didn't survive according to embryologist. Feeling yet again devasted n sad. Both hubby n I cried together. I ask God why.

Hi guys I went for my 3rd Ivf fresh. Did my Er yesterday retrieved 4. 3 fertised but didn't survive according to embryologist. Feeling yet again devasted n sad. Both hubby n I cried together. I ask God why.
Hugs wanbaby! have they confirmed that non survived at all? it must be very devastating. take time to cry and give yourself some time to recover from it. after that try to speak to the doctor again to ask if anything else can be done? like different protocol etc. have you always done the IVF at the same hospital? maybe it's also worth getting a second opinion.

Hugs wanbaby! have they confirmed that non survived at all? it must be very devastating. take time to cry and give yourself some time to recover from it. after that try to speak to the doctor again to ask if anything else can be done? like different protocol etc. have you always done the IVF at the same hospital? maybe it's also worth getting a second opinion.

Thanks dear. Hving tried twice this year. I Wil take a long break. Maybe next year. I've used all 3 fresh cycles. I guess next one will be frozen.

For Kkh,during stim scan,is MC given if we were to ask? Need to preempt my boz abt my upcoming 2nd fresh cycle...As the first round i took unpaid leave....

Hi, wouldn't IVF in public hospital show patients the growth rate of the embryos before they decide the ones to freeze or to discard?

I just had IVF counseling last week at a private center and had a long list of questions I'll like to ask. Surprisingly the embryologist covered 90% of the questions I had in mind. She mentioned that they will update and explain their course of action for each oocyte.

I felt a little "cheated" too when I got my report. On ET day, I was told I got 4 blasts and 2 were transferred. In the embrologist's quick brief post ET, I was told 1 out of the 4 is still under observation. I was not given any clear indication like Almondearie and humbaobao on no. that can be frozen. It appears that they already have a sense that I may not have any frozen embbies but it was not conveyed to me in that manner. Of course I went home bearing hopes that I can do FET if fresh failed until BT date. I just felt I should have been informed of the odds earlier. Maybe they do not want to affect me at point of transfer but I must say it is worst to receive the news on BT day. If quality of the 4 blasts were not even, then I could also have transferred 1 (I was definitely not gunning for twins but more of a BFP) and hold the other better grade blast.

Although it is always easy to talk on hindsight, please clarify your doubts at each stage of the process. We have the right to know and question like what Bunny said. Of course do it in a nice manner and not to the extent that you doubt the medical staff's professionalism. I'm sure they also want the best outcome for us.
I nv ask wat happen to the other 3 embryo tat they monitoring.. They tell me cmi so i assume they die le.. But i remember i did sign a form on briefing saying tat i authorise them to throw away the embryo of low quality..

Hi, wouldn't IVF in public hospital show patients the growth rate of the embryos before they decide the ones to freeze or to discard?

I just had IVF counseling last week at a private center and had a long list of questions I'll like to ask. Surprisingly the embryologist covered 90% of the questions I had in mind. She mentioned that they will update and explain their course of action for each oocyte.
Not in KKH. You will only be informed of your embryo status at 2 milestones, 1 at transfer, the other is your report or summary at the end of your cycle.

I nv ask wat happen to the other 3 embryo tat they monitoring.. They tell me cmi so i assume they die le.. But i remember i did sign a form on briefing saying tat i authorise them to throw away the embryo of low quality..
Yes, we signed the form but that is if it stopped growing, how to deal with it. Just making a point that they can do better in providing clearer info. I wasn't told clearly how many will be frozen on that day or still monitoring and may not make it. I recall they even called you back to update on the 3 they were monitoring. Anyway, it's over liao and I'm not complaining. Just sharing my experience so that others can ask if not clear.

I think it depends on the embryologist... The one who explained to me during ET is this nice Malay lady who was quite upfront with me that they don't have a central system for grading blasts now, but she did say the embryologists will do their own individual grading and told me my blast they transferred was a grade B or smthg.

Then when I got my summary, the embryologist was a Chinese guy who wasn't too forward with me. I asked about the grading of 2 of my blasts and he just said oh no grading, it's just good to freeze lor, that's all.

Back