2016/11 (Nov) babies

Hihi ace. Doc didn't do transvaginal scan. He did the normal scan from tummy though. And that cost me $293 with an unknown answer. Now feeling lost and was schedule to see him next Tuesday. But the thot of another $293. I think it's too expensive. Any recommendation for a more reasonable gynae? Thank :)
hey steph, my Gynae did a Vag. scan for me at week 4 and she can locate the embryo.. and the total cost only 285. for early pregnancy (before 12 week), it will be better to do a Vag. scan to locate the embryo. cox the size of the embryo is only size of sesame seed at week %.. so dun worry!!

This is my #2 but I don't have morning sickness at all!!! Is it normal?! I had mild MS with #1.

Wts: Pre-loved Quinny Zapp stroller with maxi-cosi. Come with travel bag & rain cover. $300 Condition: 8/10
WA: 8498 8382 for more pics
ImageUploadedByForum1458959633.209117.jpg

Hello all!

Tested positive but had been spotting for the past four days. Seen Dr Jen at AMK and had a jab, Duphaston tabs and hospitalisation leave for 5 days as he advised bed rest :(

His charges are very expensive ($400+ for first visit) and my hubby isn't comfortable with him. Trying to change gynae now but need to go back after 7 days once our Duphaston is up. Any advice?

Hello all!

Tested positive but had been spotting for the past four days. Seen Dr Jen at AMK and had a jab, Duphaston tabs and hospitalisation leave for 5 days as he advised bed rest :(

His charges are very expensive ($400+ for first visit) and my hubby isn't comfortable with him. Trying to change gynae now but need to go back after 7 days once our Duphaston is up. Any advice?

First consult is usually more expensive. Plus you have the jab and Duphaston, that pushes up the price by a lot. If you are still going to take Duphaston, then maybe going back to the same gynae better until your pregnancy stabilise. Cuz going to other gynae, first consult will also be expensive.

Hello all!

My advise for all mummy is alsways get a gynac that you feel comfy and confident to work with. Give birth is a big ops even if by natural birth method. feel free to keep on changing gynac/hospital until you find one that you at truly happy. Your current gynac is not the only one in SG who can prescribe duphaston.

I am glad your hubby and yourself is also taking into consideration finance matter too. There are couple that i know of focus on a lot of other equally important thing but neglect this financial aspect which is equally important and have significant impact downstream too.

Jia you.

Hi All, Tested positive past 2 week, 7 week and 2 days today, deliver baby on Nov 2016.
We look for Confinement lady and do you have good one to recommend?

Hi All! I have been ttc for 3.5 years, period usually is on 18th.. Missed for 2 days, on 21st March I checked it was a dark Positive.. I'm so happy but scared at the same time cos we waited so Long for this miracle baby.. Today, 27 March, which I'm at 5w3days pregnant I kinda have brownish red discharge.. I'm really worried I and I keep peeking on my pantyliner (sorry TMI) if there's any reddish stains... I'm so scared... Any advise? I'm just so afraid that period might just suddenly appear..

Hi All! I have been ttc for 3.5 years, period usually is on 18th.. Missed for 2 days, on 21st March I checked it was a dark Positive.. I'm so happy but scared at the same time cos we waited so Long for this miracle baby.. Today, 27 March, which I'm at 5w3days pregnant I kinda have brownish red discharge.. I'm really worried I and I keep peeking on my pantyliner (sorry TMI) if there's any reddish stains... I'm so scared... Any advise? I'm just so afraid that period might just suddenly appear..
Congrats. Have you booked an appt with your gynae? Any cramps or pain? If you can, please ask for an urgent appt with gynae or walk in, he/she will check and give you medication to support the pregnancy. And you should try to bed rest more.

Hi

I have the same issues as you. Gynae gave me a jab, Duphaston and ordered 5 days of bed rest. There are many suggestions online say if no cramps is ok...but some say it could be threatening. But I think it's best to go see a gynae. Have you made an appointment to see the gynae?

Good luck :)

My advise for all mummy is alsways get a gynac that you feel comfy and confident to work with. Give birth is a big ops even if by natural birth method. feel free to keep on changing gynac/hospital until you find one that you at truly happy. Your current gynac is not the only one in SG who can prescribe duphaston.

I am glad your hubby and yourself is also taking into consideration finance matter too. There are couple that i know of focus on a lot of other equally important thing but neglect this financial aspect which is equally important and have significant impact downstream too.

Jia you.

Thank you!

But the other gynae recommended by a Friend is only available on Monday (while my Duphaston prescription ends this coming Thursday). So I'm abit perplexed. :( Don't really wanna go back to the same gynae but don't wanna delay the check up

My hubby is Super uncomfortable with this gynae as he will roll his eyes when my Husband ask questions. And my hubby finds it Super irritating. Haha.

Hi

I have the same issues as you. Gynae gave me a jab, Duphaston and ordered 5 days of bed rest. There are many suggestions online say if no cramps is ok...but some say it could be threatening. But I think it's best to go see a gynae. Have you made an appointment to see the gynae?

Good luck :)

I already have an appointment set on the 1st Apr.. But for now I don't know.. Should I go call my gyne?

Congrats. Have you booked an appt with your gynae? Any cramps or pain? If you can, please ask for an urgent appt with gynae or walk in, he/she will check and give you medication to support the pregnancy. And you should try to bed rest more.

Yeah I do have cramps but it comes n goes that's like from the 4th week I have been feeling... Yeah I will call my gyne n ask them..

Thank you!

But the other gynae recommended by a Friend is only available on Monday (while my Duphaston prescription ends this coming Thursday). So I'm abit perplexed. :( Don't really wanna go back to the same gynae but don't wanna delay the check up

My hubby is Super uncomfortable with this gynae as he will roll his eyes when my Husband ask questions. And my hubby finds it Super irritating. Haha.

Ha ha, it is good that your hubby ask questions, it shows that he is interested in the pregancy and is keen to know more. He should be encourage to ask more and of cos read more too.

I am sure there are more then 02 x good gynac in SG, so ask a few more friends that you trust a lot, i am sure a few other good gynac name will come out. Jia you.

Hi All, Tested positive today & have an appointment with my gynac. Scan show 4 week 5 days but no yolk sac shown in scan. is this normal??

Hi All, Tested positive today & have an appointment with my gynac. Scan show 4 week 5 days but no yolk sac shown in scan. is this normal??

Hi Jean! I don't know.. But I Guess it's normal? I went home and tested on the stick again and again cos I wasn't satisfied with the ultrasound... I was quite worried too, same thing happened to me... and until today I have yet to go for another appointment till 1st Apr..

I will be very nervous cos I really don't know what's going on inside my tummy..

Hi.i m with a fertility doctor n finally tested positive with my last menses 30 jan (but i can a long cycle n ovulute d22)...first baby.
As my dr does nt do delivery..do need to start looking for a gynae. For now i still go to fertility dr for scans.
Any recommendations for gynae?

Hi all, so happy to find this chat. My first one is 10 years old already. Went to see my Gynae twice already. Third appt is next week.
Due in mid nov. Gynae is Dr Theresa Cheng, as she deliver for my friend who is 41 years old.

Pls add me in FB group. [email protected]

Hi Jean! I don't know.. But I Guess it's normal? I went home and tested on the stick again and again cos I wasn't satisfied with the ultrasound... I was quite worried too, same thing happened to me... and until today I have yet to go for another appointment till 1st Apr..

I will be very nervous cos I really don't know what's going on inside my tummy..

Hi Nataliea, the waiting for next scan/appointment is real nervous... Hope all is well for our BB.

Hi Jean! Congrats! It's perfectly normal. I had a similar situation too and doc detected sac at 6+ weeks:) baby's heart is beating v strongly now with limbs beginning to form. Jiayou!!

Hi All, Tested positive past 2 week, 7 week and 2 days today, deliver baby on Nov 2016.
We look for Confinement lady and do you have good one to recommend?
  • hi my mother confinement lady is from a agency. u can contact the person in charge. her name is madam koh. her contact malaysia number:+60182524575

Last edited:
Hi all mummies!

First pregnancy here. I tested positive 3 times 2 days ago. However I have bad cramps (similar to menses) for weeks already. Is this normal? No sign of bleeding, nothing.

Hi all mummies!

First pregnancy here. I tested positive 3 times 2 days ago. However I have bad cramps (similar to menses) for weeks already. Is this normal? No sign of bleeding, nothing.

Hi Jacuzzie,

Yes.. is normal.. I had cramps everyday and I asked my gynae and she say that is due to uterus expending and also from gas in our intestine. dun worry. u can address your concern to your gynae on your visit.

@Mhopeful Thanks! I am at 4 weeks 4 days. is it too fast to visit gynae?

Hi Jac,

when I just tested positive on the clearblue digital which show 1 to 2 (meaning 1 to 2 weeks) , I quickly went down to the gynae on that very day, and I was 4week 5day then. It was my first pregnancy so I dk what to do so I immediately went to gynae.. LOL.. paranoid.. my gynae do a trans vaginal scan. if your cramp got really painful and with bleeding, you will have to see a gynae immediately. so is up to your comfort level to see a gynae now or at week 7 onwards.

Hi everyone! I am new here!
Went to the gynae yesterday and tested positive, 5 week 3 days!! First time mommy...super excited and nervous. Quite expensive though...S$313!! : ( any recommendations for reasonably priced consultation + tests fees?

Also am having some stomach cramps (like those cramps before menses). Anyone experienced that before?

Went to the gynae yesterday and tested positive, 5 week 3 days!! First time mommy...super excited and nervous. Quite expensive though...S$313!! : ( any recommendations for reasonably priced consultation + tests fees?

Also am having some stomach cramps (like those cramps before menses). Anyone experienced that before?

I have cramps too just like when my mens is about to come and I thought I was going to have my period... and I experience cramps everyday but now the cramp been reduced to about once to twice a day.

Hello. congrats mummy. If you are a SG person, then the cheapest way is to go to polyclinic to get a referral letter so that you will get subsidise status, then go to a govt hospital such as NUH, KKH etc, with the govt subsidy, it will be the cheapest possible le, just take note that if you decide to go on this subsidies route, you cannot choose doctor and also cannot choose to stay in A class ward. Subsidy does not mean low class OR/AND use cheapo medication ya. Lots of uneventful and successful delivery are subsidy patient de. I think i am not wrong to say there are more mummy on subsidy then private patient route.

Jia you.

@Mhopeful haha! I was told that we are too kaisu. But being first time mommy and daddy we are so anxious to know if the little jr is doing fine. My cramps are bearable though.. Just worried as it was quite frequent throughout the day. Plus I have no sign of nausea so far, I guess it's too early to tell yet. Just wanna confirm that I am pregnant. Haha!

I am meeting my Gynae this week at KKH TPS. Was told the consultation cost $140 and above by the nurse.

@Mhopeful haha! I was told that we are too kaisu. But being first time mommy and daddy we are so anxious to know if the little jr is doing fine. My cramps are bearable though.. Just worried as it was quite frequent throughout the day. Plus I have no sign of nausea so far, I guess it's too early to tell yet. Just wanna confirm that I am pregnant. Haha!

I am meeting my Gynae this week at KKH TPS. Was told the consultation cost $140 and above by the nurse.

not kiasu but rather anxious and at loss... if cramp with bleeding den u will need to see gynae immediately to play safe. If it is just cramp is normal...

I have concern now whether should I tell my boss or not.. cox when he ask me to tk heavy files I will get agitated and angry.. but I cannot blame him cox he dk tt I am pregnant... so what shld I do now.. I am abt 2 mths pregnant..

Same.. I am working in a Chinese company and they don't really promote work life balance. And there was once my boss hint us not to get pregnant. Struggling when should I tell her about it.

Same.. I am working in a Chinese company and they don't really promote work life balance. And there was once my boss hint us not to get pregnant. Struggling when should I tell her about it.

I think I wait till I am in my 2nd trimester den say bah... shall wait.. Jac, ur work always OT?

I think I wait till I am in my 2nd trimester den say bah... shall wait.. Jac, ur work always OT?
Yar.. My hubby afraid that they would do something funny and force mommies to leave on their own accord which happen in my company before. My work requires lots of OT (they consider as standby).

Hello. congrats mummy. If you are a SG person, then the cheapest way is to go to polyclinic to get a referral letter so that you will get subsidise status, then go to a govt hospital such as NUH, KKH etc, with the govt subsidy, it will be the cheapest possible le, just take note that if you decide to go on this subsidies route, you cannot choose doctor and also cannot choose to stay in A class ward. Subsidy does not mean low class OR/AND use cheapo medication ya. Lots of uneventful and successful delivery are subsidy patient de. I think i am not wrong to say there are more mummy on subsidy then private patient route.

Jia you.

Thanks!!! Appreciate your valuable advice!!

But I heard that we won't get a fixed doctor in government hospital is it?

My friend recommended Thompson. Is it a good choice?

Thanks!!! Appreciate your valuable advice!!

But I heard that we won't get a fixed doctor in government hospital is it?

My friend recommended Thompson. Is it a good choice?

if you are taking subsidies which need referral from polyclinic, which you don get a fixed gynae from government hospital. But you can opt as private patient from govt hospital, however deliver ward can only choose from B1 above with fixed gynae throughout your pregnancy. That's so far I got from KKH nurse just now.

if you are taking subsidies which need referral from polyclinic, which you don get a fixed gynae from government hospital. But you can opt as private patient from govt hospital, however deliver ward can only choose from B1 above with fixed gynae throughout your pregnancy. That's so far I got from KKH nurse just now.

That is what i gathered too. will be dutied doctors. So, even if ended up opting from private doctors in KKH, will not have subsidies anymore. anyone else having the similar information?

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on or past experience with Dr Irene Chua or Dr Goh Shen Li, am trying to find a gynae. :) Thanks in advance.

Back