September 2016 Mummies!

Hi mummies, have been reading all the discussion. Is there any mums not doing the tests? I thot these tests will be going according to the 'schedule' of the gynae? I din know the tests are to be assigned separately...

i think for me my doc will ask me to go for oscar scan. so i will be doing that. i heard if result is not good than u have to go for gentic scan which u also can know ya baby gender. i think is like that. correct if im wrong. :)

Regarding genetic scans or OSCAR ('One-stop Clinic for Assessment of Risk for Fetal Anomalies',

I got this from wikipedia. Essentially OSCAR uses nuchal thickness, PAPP-A and HCG as well as maternal age to predict for Down's.

'Nuchal scanning alone detects 62% of all Down's Syndrome with a false positive rate of 5.0%; the combination with blood testing gives corresponding values of 73% and 4.7%.'

With a false positive rate of 4.7-5%, every 100 mums with a normal baby, 5 will get a positive result. But with further test (amniocentesis or CVS), Down's can be ruled out.

I am opting for the OSCAR because it's cheaper and I am still considered young so I think the risks are low. Anyway routine US to check for abnormalities will still be done at week 21. But if I am financially tight, and am even younger, I may just opt for no testing.

Hello,

By week 21 then find out abnormalities might be very difficult to take action such as abort le. This is one of the reason why folks opt to do all these tests, some of the test can be done as early as Week 9. Of cos, for parent who regardless of the baby health condition will also want to give birth, i will say, please dun waste $$$ doing any of these testing since you do not need these test result to take any decision ya.

Being a young mummy is so good :)

Cheers

i think for me my doc will ask me to go for oscar scan. so i will be doing that. i heard if result is not good than u have to go for gentic scan which u also can know ya baby gender. i think is like that. correct if im wrong. :)

Hello,

For genetic scan to see the gender of the baby, i think the baby must be willing to cooperate with Dr Anandas, as for things like panorama, since it is a blood test, it does not need the baby cooperation at all.

Cheers

Hello,

For genetic scan to see the gender of the baby, i think the baby must be willing to cooperate with Dr Anandas, as for things like panorama, since it is a blood test, it does not need the baby cooperation at all.

Cheers
Agreed! Panorama gender results is 99% accurate.. scan will be based on the doctor's guess.

Yup~ Actually it's up to personal. But for me, I prefer to know accurate information about baby. Afterall, we should enjoy our pregnancy.
Every life given is God's precious creation. Stay relax & happy!

Besides, any mummies travelling during CNY?
Any travelling tips? :)
Yup~ Actually it's up to personal. But for me, I prefer to know accurate information about baby. Afterall, we should enjoy our pregnancy.
Every life given is God's precious creation. Stay relax & happy!

Besides, any mummies travelling during CNY?
Any travelling tips? :)

I'm traveling during CNY, had pre booked before .. Not sure if I should carry on.. You flying too?

I'm traveling during CNY, had pre booked before .. Not sure if I should carry on.. You flying too?

Yeah. Will either take bus or fly back KL for CNY. I'm not intending to cancel my trip. So will consult my gynae whether I'm safe to take bus. If nt I will take plane. Since 1hr flight only, shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah. Will either take bus or fly back KL for CNY. I'm not intending to cancel my trip. So will consult my gynae whether I'm safe to take bus. If nt I will take plane. Since 1hr flight only, shouldn't be a problem.

I'm flying to Bkk, not sure if can still go along.. Haven't check with gynae yet. Hubby not keen in going, he thinks it's unsafe:(

Hugs. You can go when in 2nd trimester. Jiayou!

I'm flying to Bkk, not sure if can still go along.. Haven't check with gynae yet. Hubby not keen in going, he thinks it's unsafe:(
mine's to bkk too.. my hubby also thinks is not safe esp when there is fast and heavy traffic and everywhere is by foot mostly..

haha i actually have another pre booked trip in may. which is 2nd trim.. so yup.. not so sad abt this..

mine's to bkk too.. my hubby also thinks is not safe esp when there is fast and heavy traffic and everywhere is by foot mostly..

haha i actually have another pre booked trip in may. which is 2nd trim.. so yup.. not so sad abt this..

Which means I will have to cancel mine too :( putting hopes to go ahead cause I really wanna relax and eat. Prob have to reschedule to March.. I also have another pre booked trip is April which should be in 2nd trim too. Hehe..

Which means I will have to cancel mine too :( putting hopes to go ahead cause I really wanna relax and eat. Prob have to reschedule to March.. I also have another pre booked trip is April which should be in 2nd trim too. Hehe..
it actually depends on you.. i have been hit with very serious giddiness and fatigue that im scared to go. haha..

if you feel okay with min symptoms it should be okay.. but really does depends on your body if it can take it.. jus make sure to get enough rest and be careful of traffic if you do go ahead! :D

it actually depends on you.. i have been hit with very serious giddiness and fatigue that im scared to go. haha..

if you feel okay with min symptoms it should be okay.. but really does depends on your body if it can take it.. jus make sure to get enough rest and be careful of traffic if you do go ahead! :D

To be honest, I haven't have major symtoms yet. I hope I won't have to experience morning sickness during the trip. Pray hard. Bobi bobi

I was soooo excited my husband wanted to go on a baby moon holiday & I even chose Taipei. Till we visited the car show today for 3 hours, and my back is totally killing me...
The ache is extraordinary!

Wokay added everyone!

I have barely noticeable symptoms and feeling worrisome too. My first official scan is in 12 days, will be 7weeks+ by then. Are you mummies taking any prenatal supplements i.e DHA other than folic acid?

Hi Gwendy, can add me too pls? Siew_qing at Hotmail.com

Thank u!

Hi Gwendy,

Can add me too? [email protected].

Hi mummies,

How did your know that MS start? I have not started but should I prep the plastic bags, med oil in advance?
Yes best do that cos It (ms) might just come on some days... Even the Slightest of smell 'can/ might' irritate you , makes your tummy / throat feels funny ... best to have something with u in case you can not get out of wherever you are and it can happen quite suddey for some .
It is normal , stay positive and very importantly REMEMBER. You are pregnant not sick , ok ?
Take care but don't be overly worried .

hello! I just found out that I am pregnant today. this is my second pregnancy though. can't decide if I should go back to my previous gynae or find a new one.
Congrats !! Second one's on the way .. The fun begins but having to attend to number ONE.. It might be more tiring for you . Do take care and put ur feet up more .
Going back to ur previous Dr , just one Q? Were you comfortable and happy with Dr's services and care before !?!?
If not , there's many others . Good luck !!

I ever fainted right after alight from train..so scary.. Tat is my 1st pregnancy.. Now I wil get ready plastic bag n fan in my bag.
If / when you feel faint , squat down and rest a little . Dint allow urself to fall from standing position .. Don't be afraid to call Out for help .
Ur blood supply might be a little on the low side , that why . Chk with dr .. Or start taking frolic daily , it helps .
Take care .

Hi Mummies,

I am sooooooooooo lost now. Had our first try during our Xmas trip. Suddenly got a feeling and give it a test yesterday, it showed + but menses should due today. Tested with three test kit, two showed the same result. Haven start to feel any changes in my body but only PANIC. What should I do now and what I can and cannot eat? Any mummies can advise here? Self count, EDD shld be near to end Sep.

Thanks a million.
Congrats
relax and stay calm . Don't stress . You've just started n Gotta long beautiful jornay ahead to go .. Trust your body to let you know .. Everything in moderation . Enjoy

i just ate papaya :( ate so
Much!!!
Ripe papayas are good .. . Smooth ur bowels , too .
Doctors warn of Green papayas ( Thai salad). But then again .. I'm sure many a Thai mom eats that .. It's always in their normal daily diet .. Go figure ?!?
As I always say to my kids . ...
IF IN DOUBT ; DO WITHOUT .!!!

Last edited:
Sepbb, I called my gynae clinic to make appointment already. Because I have read some comments here about going in earlier due to previous MC, so I also hurriedly called to ask lol (I had MC last year Sept).. They schedule me to go on 28 Jan. I would be 6 wks then. Praying for the best!

Jas_wang, jia you! My 2nd pregnancy also ended with MC.. Praying for the best and a sticky baby this round :)
Stay positive .. Pray you deliver a healthy bb .

Hi everyone..

I just went for my first appointment. Am suppose to be 6 weeks but during the scan, dr could not see anything. She said I may too early into my pregnancy as I only tested positive on 8th Jan.. She told me to go down again 2 weeks later... Anyone with similar experience?

Hi everyone..

I just went for my first appointment. Am suppose to be 6 weeks but during the scan, dr could not see anything. She said I may too early into my pregnancy as I only tested positive on 8th Jan.. She told me to go down again 2 weeks later... Anyone with similar experience?
Hi Ran0512,
I am experiencing the same situation as you. Did you give them your LMP to be sure that you are 6 weeks? Maybe it's still early. Don't worry too much, just go back to the doctor 2 weeks later and you will be able to see your beanie. :)

Hi Ran0512,
I am experiencing the same situation as you. Did you give them your LMP to be sure that you are 6 weeks? Maybe it's still early. Don't worry too much, just go back to the doctor 2 weeks later and you will be able to see your beanie. :)

Hi bbun,
Yup I gave them my LMP.. Hopefully it's just that I ovulated late, so there's some miscalculation. Can't wait for the next appointment.. When's your next appointment?

Hi everyone! I just got confirmed by the doctor today I'm 5 weeks 4 days pregnant. I started the MS and a little giddiness at week 5.

Feeling so excited on this beautiful journey and grow up with Sep'2016 mummies to be :)

Hi Gwendy,

Can u add me in fb group [email protected] thanks!

Cheers!

Congrats Bearyqoo!! Is this your first too? :)
Sure have invited you to the group.

Hi bbun,
Yup I gave them my LMP.. Hopefully it's just that I ovulated late, so there's some miscalculation. Can't wait for the next appointment.. When's your next appointment?

Hi Ran0512, don't worry too much. The dates may be off, possible that you may not be as far along or the Doc just couldn't find it yet. Stay positive.

Hi all! Have been silently reading this thread as I have not confirmed with gynae previously. Hehe.

Now I can officially join in! ;) Am a first time mom and currently 6+ weeks. Haven get to hear the heartbeat though. :(

Hi Gwendy!
Please add me in the Facebook group too!

icy_mutushi at hotmail.com

Back