IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, may I know when do you buy neonatal insurance? How much is that and which insurance company do you buy it from? As I'm doing ivf overseas, was wondering when I should buy that.

Hi ladies, may I know when do you buy neonatal insurance? How much is that and which insurance company do you buy it from? As I'm doing ivf overseas, was wondering when I should buy that.
if u are referring to the ones under govt subsidy, it's under Great Eastern. Honestly never read up the details, maybe you call Great Eastern to find out

Morning ladies am Officially in 2ww. Just transfer 2 grade 1 follicles and freeze 5. Best of luck to me. Any advise on the food to take, etc? TIA
Doc say my lining very gd, does it help?

Last edited:
Sigh back in kk awaiting appt with doc for review and getting my next fresh ivf date....
Another start to a long process of jabs and many scans....

Can't help to feel abit emotional about it

@char-mee @connie_hopeful ok thanks guys for the reply. Will call them up to ask what it's for and when I'd need that.
No problem. Its to buy insurance for your baby. Somethg lije if after born need nicu treatment etc(touch wood),can claim. N if i am not wrong,u need to buy it within a certain days after embryo transfer. Else cannot buy this insurance anymore. If i am not wrong

Sigh back in kk awaiting appt with doc for review and getting my next fresh ivf date....
Another start to a long process of jabs and many scans....

Can't help to feel abit emotional about it
I can understanf how u feel... with the losses im going thru.. the pain is still there esp at nite it will get worse.. my hubby is so sad that he also broke down i nvr expect that he will cry too... with this sadness.. we felt tht this journey is getting tougher but we have to bite8 our lips n go thru again..hoping we really can see the rainbow soon..

I can understanf how u feel... with the losses im going thru.. the pain is still there esp at nite it will get worse.. my hubby is so sad that he also broke down i nvr expect that he will cry too... with this sadness.. we felt tht this journey is getting tougher but we have to bite8 our lips n go thru again..hoping we really can see the rainbow soon..
take care.. you hv your hubby support, both of you will get out of this strong. We will encounter challenges in life and this is no exception. On positive note, having bfp before means there are chances again... Don't give up.

Hi... Anyone after ER did not go thru ET due to no embryo?

Me.. My first cycle ended at ER. Immature eggs and although eggs are matured in the lab and fertilised, embryo were abnormal with extra nuclei. So nothing for transfer.

I had a change of protocol from 2nd cycle and yielded embryos for transfer. So maybe talk to your doctor if change of protocol will help for u.

Hi,hugs...yr previous cycle is it same outcome? Did doc mention anythg on e male and female quality? Yr initial test results(male-sa,female -amh are they ok?

Actually I went 3 times. All the same except first cycle is due to no matured eggs. I thinking if I shld try again and which hospital to choose.

Doc did not mention reason. Male sa ok. My amh not fantastic. Low quantiy of eggs. Seems like quality also no good i think.

Me.. My first cycle ended at ER. Immature eggs and although eggs are matured in the lab and fertilised, embryo were abnormal with extra nuclei. So nothing for transfer.

I had a change of protocol from 2nd cycle and yielded embryos for transfer. So maybe talk to your doctor if change of protocol will help for u.

We tried short protocol for first ivf. Next 2 we tried long protocol. I was with nuh all 3 times. Thinking of trying KKH.

We tried short protocol for first ivf. Next 2 we tried long protocol. I was with nuh all 3 times. Thinking of trying KKH.
Will you be able to transfer all your records of the medicine administered to the next hospital? Otherwise at a new place the doctors might have to start all over again on guessing how your body would react

Or request for a change of doc within NUH?

Thanks wondersss and Yingchian.

Mine was a roller coaster ride. My fresh not successful. The recent fet was a success. We were overjoyed. While we were still soaked in happiness, it left us so suddenly as well and was admitted to KK for 2 nights. Support jab was given but still we couldn't keep the baby

Coming back to KK walking pass the O&G gave me mixed feelings, a sense of loss and then walking to ivf clinic, give me a sense of hope, anticipation as well as worries (confrontation with needles again, ohss, weigh gain and etc)

Yet we still must be strong to continue.....jia you everyone!

Thanks wondersss and Yingchian.

Mine was a roller coaster ride. My fresh not successful. The recent fet was a success. We were overjoyed. While we were still soaked in happiness, it left us so suddenly as well and was admitted to KK for 2 nights. Support jab was given but still we couldn't keep the baby

Coming back to KK walking pass the O&G gave me mixed feelings, a sense of loss and then walking to ivf clinic, give me a sense of hope, anticipation as well as worries (confrontation with needles again, ohss, weigh gain and etc)

Yet we still must be strong to continue.....jia you everyone!
Be strong we all know it's not easy path but stay positive.

Hi Mummies/ MTBs, I now have work conflict for my IVF and I don't know what to do. I know this is prelim and I shouldn't be worried about it but I can't help but to think about how to work around things.

I am starting my fresh cycle next month and counted that if I do succeed, I cannot attend a work conference in the US in October which I really hate to miss. And if I fail this round, I would like to do my FET in November but I have a regional conference in Dec and will kind of hinder the whole process. Aiyo, how? I know I am worrying too much but it does bother me... :(

Hi Mummies/ MTBs, I now have work conflict for my IVF and I don't know what to do. I know this is prelim and I shouldn't be worried about it but I can't help but to think about how to work around things.

I am starting my fresh cycle next month and counted that if I do succeed, I cannot attend a work conference in the US in October which I really hate to miss. And if I fail this round, I would like to do my FET in November but I have a regional conference in Dec and will kind of hinder the whole process. Aiyo, how? I know I am worrying too much but it does bother me... :([/QUOTE
Hi koirc,

Like me I have to fly a lot for work basically every other week. Not a stewardess.
I have the same issues like you. For my first cycle and second cycle, I basically cancelled all flights and postpone trips but both ended up in bfn. Was quite upset as I did everything I could stay home be good Don drink cold stuff bed rest etc and still bfn.
Then for my 3rd fet cycle, I have a trip coming up which I couldn't miss due to prior appt so I decide to fly 4 days after ET. Well it's still BFN.

I wouldn't say it's due to my flying that it ended in BFN as the embryo wasn't even implanted.
The only worry after et to fly is that the embryo might move around due to pressure and might end up in ectopic pregnancy. There is no evidence hat flying is he cause of miscarriage etc.

For me, I wouldn't want to give up my career for an unknown I might be selfish but then again I don't want to end up feeling miserable knowing that ivf is unsuccessful and I don't have a career.

Eventually it's your decision to make and how you weigh it. There are people who doesn't even know they are preg and fly ard but still have live birth.

My doc did somehow agree that flying does not necessarily affect the pregnancy.

Good luck with the ivf believe in yourself follow your gut.

Will you be able to transfer all your records of the medicine administered to the next hospital? Otherwise at a new place the doctors might have to start all over again on guessing how your body would react

Or request for a change of doc within NUH?

I'm not sure. But think will try to request for that. My friend intro me to go see Dr Tan HH from KKH.

I am starting my fresh cycle next month and counted that if I do succeed, I cannot attend a work conference in the US in October which I really hate to miss. And if I fail this round, I would like to do my FET in November but I have a regional conference in Dec and will kind of hinder the whole process. Aiyo, how? I know I am worrying too much but it does bother me... :(

I think really about what you want at the end of the day. Which one you want to put in first place.

No decision is perfect. Follow your heart.
As long as u put in your best.

I'm not sure. But think will try to request for that. My friend intro me to go see Dr Tan HH from KKH.
Yeah.. I know the hospitals can request for formal records.. But not sure if they share the specific dosage that you've been on for ivf treatment

KKH I understand has a longer waiting time than NUH

@yyw82, I am totally with you. Don't want to give up career opportunity for this but yet trying so hard to conceive. It's a dilemma... While I know some people who don't even know they are pregnant and still travel, I always feel that people like us cannot take such things for granted. That's why the big headache. I try to tell myself to deal with it when it comes but it's so hard not to think about it when you know there is a probability there.

I say go with the flow. If it's bfp, it's definitely all the more good news which you may not mind missing the conference after all. but if not successful, life as normal.
I've already planned for 2 trips if my current FET fails so these will b my consolations. As far as possible don't let ttc be a hurdle or stress to our lives... Work ard it and all will fall in nicely.

am at kk clinic d and just confirmed on ivf..
likely doing it in oct/nov.
feeling very nervous over the whole thing right now

D
Did nuh try to mature your eggs in the lab? Not sure how true but seems like only KK help to mature immature eggs. I have problem with immature eggs retrieved. First 2 rounds I have immature eggs which were matured in labs and fertilised. 3rd round I was stimmed much longer to allow the follicles to grow bigger before ER.

No problem. Its to buy insurance for your baby. Somethg lije if after born need nicu treatment etc(touch wood),can claim. N if i am not wrong,u need to buy it within a certain days after embryo transfer. Else cannot buy this insurance anymore. If i am not wrong
Oh thanks. Good to know to buy it b4 ET. Can you remember how much you paid for it? Called my insurance agent from prudential and waiting for a quote from him.

D

Did nuh try to mature your eggs in the lab? Not sure how true but seems like only KK help to mature immature eggs. I have problem with immature eggs retrieved. First 2 rounds I have immature eggs which were matured in labs and fertilised. 3rd round I was stimmed much longer to allow the follicles to grow bigger before ER.

Nope, they did not mature my eggs. Ohh... Can mature eggs even after retrieve? Gosh! If only I knew earlier. So sad.

Nope, they did not mature my eggs. Ohh... Can mature eggs even after retrieve? Gosh! If only I knew earlier. So sad.
Yes can mature eggs in lab before trying to fertilise them. But I think so far I hear only KK does it. Jia you k.. Maybe next round will be the lucky one for u.. :) My doc is Dr Tan HH and like others say his q is very long and u only see him during ER and ET once start IVF unlike other hospitals I think your assigned doc see u during review. But I like Dr Tan for his frankness and yet sensitive at same time. Jia you!

Oh thanks. Good to know to buy it b4 ET. Can you remember how much you paid for it? Called my insurance agent from prudential and waiting for a quote from him.

1 embrie is less than $70
2 embros is $200 over dollars
If my memory didnt fail me.

I think only great eastern offers this. Its a 1 time payment after each embryo transfer and for ivfers after doing et. Tou can opt not to do this if u think u will not nicu treatments when bb is born that time

Yes can mature eggs in lab before trying to fertilise them. But I think so far I hear only KK does it. Jia you k.. Maybe next round will be the lucky one for u.. :) My doc is Dr Tan HH and like others say his q is very long and u only see him during ER and ET once start IVF unlike other hospitals I think your assigned doc see u during review. But I like Dr Tan for his frankness and yet sensitive at same time. Jia you!

Thanks.

Hi
This insurance that u buy before ET is only available from Great Eastern.
After u bfp from ivf, u can buy the maternity insurance but only AIA accept ivf cases.

Back