IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi, I'm on my second try on iui this mth, today is my cd7 and I'm on puregon 75iu. Went for scanning today and I got 3follicles on the left and one on the right. Hope this time round can get BFP.

Hi, which hospital and doctor are you with? So must I call them to book appointment on the first day of my period? and when to go down?

Hope you will have a good vacation LynnCandy! All the best Tinga! Is this your 1st pregnancy? How long are you ttcing?
Ya, this is my first try. I have been ttc for 2 yrs+ , was diagnose polyp and fibroid in my uterus after 1yr of trying and went thru keyhole surgery to remove it. Since then no news of bb yet, so decided to go for iui. This is my second round of iui. How abt u?

I with dr kelly Loi from health & fertility centre for women in paragon.
U should call ur doc sun ur menses come. Normally they will ask u to go for scanning on ur cd2 and start medication from there. Previously I started w clomid on my cd2 and on d5 started 50iu puregon jab but this round I started 75iu on cd2.

Hi. This is my first. With kkh now. Ttcing for 3 yrs. Just early this year did all the test to confirm no issues before I try iui. Hope I get BFP on my 1st. Lets graduate together Tinga!

I am also with kkh. Ttc for 2 years+ and last year went to see Dr Sadhana from kkh and she told me to try IUI when I am ready. I only manage to get ready myself these few months... Lets graduate together and encourage each other.

Went to see doc this morning for follicle tracking, she said my eggs seem want to come out as my LH surge already. Will go for iui tmr morning. Hope for good news this time round!

Went for my CD8 scan today. There is a 11.5mm, follicle on my left and a 7.5mm on my right. There's a few follicles abt 6-7. Lining is 7 today. Asked dr on the optimal amt. She said lining shld be 8 and follicle should 18mm. Now I have to do puregon 50 tomorrow and check ovulation on Sun. If positive, I havevto go for pregnyl injection on Sun and iui on mon. If negative, continue puregon on Sun and go for scan on mon. Haiz, I was almost half a day in hospital when I just took time off. Didnt expect the whole thing to take so long... I hope my boss understands :S any iui BFPers there.. can give some tips after iui procedure. .. :) Tinga, your iui done? How was it?

Hi aquamarine, thanks for sharing. No worries about your work, I think your boss will understand. Btw just to check with you, must you go to the hospital everyday? Is your iui today? all the best.. baby baby dust blessing to you..

Hi LynnCandy, nope not today. I check with ovulation kit and negative so today scan got 15.5mm follicle. The rest all 10 and smaller. My lining also thicker 9mm. So nurse injected 50iu again today. Tomorrow I have to check ovulation again and either go for scan or inject based on ovulation result. The MO said kost probably iui on Fri. But then it all depends. I think they didnt increase my injection dose as 1 follicle is responding to it. And they dont want too many maturing also. Its very tiring spending 3 hrs there since Thurs. Wish me luck to strike 1st time. Lots of baby dust for me.. hehe.

Wonder if any others who are doing SO iUI now... can share if hubby can be inside the iui procedure room? I also dnt knw why injecting puregon is only affecting obe of my follicle which is growing.. the rest is like not growing.. anyone knw why? And whether isit still advisable to work on iui day...TIA.

Hi aquamarine, for me, my husband is with me during the iui as I did it in my doc clinic.
Probably The Dosage is not strong enough? For me, first time iui I got 6 big one when on puregon 50iu from d5, second time I on 75iu starting d2 and got 5 big one. I m taking mc during the iui. U shd have good rest after iui.

Sat is deepavali..and sun is PH. So both days not open. I was supposed to do my 1st in aug cycle but since there is 8 and 9 PH, they ask me to skip this cycle. And then my period was delayed for the next and the next my hubby wont be in singapore so I like skip 3 cycles.. finally got to do it this time and im still waiting to get positive on my opk. I hope opk is not faulty or something. Got mine from ebay. Tdy on cd14 already. And no sign of lh surge...o_O

Haha ok. Feeling much better today. Hope 2ww will pass soon... cant wait for my bt on 21st. Tinga pass me and other ttc ladies here your baby dust soon!

Hi everyone,

I am currently 34 years old and going through the second iui. The first time it fails, I cried my heart out.

I am thinking could it be I ovulate too early before the IUI. (but i did the trigger shot for this cycle too)

This time, I was thinking of bd-ing 24 hours after trigger shot, then going for iui which is scheduled like 36 hours after trigger.

I have checked with doctor, doctor said no need to bd before iui. preserve hubby army quality more important.

What if i ovulate early again this time? Though this time, i feel nothing and cant feel myself ovulating after the trigger shot too.

If this fails again, i will be pushed to do ivf which i will be even more stressed if it didn't work out again :(

Any advise please? Thks!

Hi everyone.. I hv been TTC for 8yrs.I m with Dr Jessica at Kkh.Had my 2nd round of clomid but still no success yet.Wat is usually the next step after clomid?I hv not done my dye test yet..Anyone care to explain? TIA

LadyHawkEye, the dye test was painful for me. It wasn't so much for another person whom I asked. It really depends. It did clear my tubes and I conceived naturally immediately after. Unfortunately, it ended prematurely at 8 weeks.

Hi Ladyhawkeye, the dye test was painful for me too, and the pain at the stomach lasted almost the whole day for me.

But, i think it is important to do one to check if your tubes are blocked etc, and for them to carry on further tests...

Hi aquamarine,

Not exactly sure. But both clomid and femara supposed to stimulate eggs but I heard that clomid might cause lining to be thin and femara less likely.

Hi aquamarine,

Not exactly sure. But both clomid and femara supposed to stimulate eggs but I heard that clomid might cause lining to be thin and femara less likely.

Kitty16 you're right. Clomid thins the lining while femera doesn't. I wasn't doing well on clomid so doc switched me to femera with better lining & also cervical mucus.

Hi everyone

Been new here n been reading some of the posts lately.. I thought I was the only one paranoid or impatient abt the tww but felt better after reading some of the encouraging posts here..

I discovered i had pcos n hence had my first iui n today is my 16dpiui. I was given clomid n had one follicle on my left ovary. Did that trigger shot n proceed w iui on 2/aug.

Subsequently I was prescribed progesterone (100mg, thrice a day) for 10 days after iui. Tested on 14dpiui n a bfn. Emotionally sad ttm.

Wonder if I should still continue to test or just wait for af to arrive..

Hi teith, there is always hope as long as AF is not here. I have not been successful in my past iui so far bth my clinic always says to test a week after missing AF. (To play safe)...
All the best!

Hi kitty16,

Thanks for your encouragement.. Guess I just finished consuming the progesterone since only left 4 days to finish the prescribed dosage.

Let's all Jia you together for our bfp!

I tried 2 iui n one IVF in 2012 n one fet 2013 with kkh. All bfn.
This time I switch to pte. I started iui again last mth n got a bfp ytd. Hope everyone is hopeful despite trying many times

Last edited:

Back