Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Congrats to the ladies who had gave birth already. May I ask do you shower during confinement, if yes do you use herbs to bathe and where to buy those herbs?

I shower and wash hair once come back from hospital. I bought the herbal from hock hua. After that continue bath with lemongrass and ginger.

Hey BFF, yes I'm quite worried for the past weeks which explained my sort of absence from this forum.

How are you? Any better? You are about to go for your detailed scan soon as well?

As for for antenatal class, I had already signed up with KKH. Have you come to a decision on which to go for?

Also, intend to go for any baby fair soon ?

Dear Chubby, I am going for my detailed scan soon. Been worried too everyday about the scan. Coping by praying everyday. I am slightly better, heartburnt is not as bad, pile has subsided, thankfully constipation is not an everyday thing. I haven't sign up for antenatal class. But will be going for those once-off talk first at Kkh. Not going for bb fair coz my mom said its taboo to buy bb stuff until very near delivery. But browsing maybe. For me, I am starting to feel a little down with the routine. Trying to keep spirits up by doing sone new things hopefully.

Dear Chubby, I am going for my detailed scan soon. Been worried too everyday about the scan. Coping by praying everyday. I am slightly better, heartburnt is not as bad, pile has subsided, thankfully constipation is not an everyday thing. I haven't sign up for antenatal class. But will be going for those once-off talk first at Kkh. Not going for bb fair coz my mom said its taboo to buy bb stuff until very near delivery. But browsing maybe. For me, I am starting to feel a little down with the routine. Trying to keep spirits up by doing sone new things hopefully.

Cheer up BFF, stay positive ya. In another few more months, life would be more challenging mentally and physically.. Trying to understand what is our LO wants through their cryings... Everyday, there would be new things ahead. Rest as much as we could ok.

Have a good browsing in the baby fair, treat as a form of exercise for our eyes, mouth and legs... Feeling down? no worries, just come in and have a chat lo...

Cheer up BFF, stay positive ya. In another few more months, life would be more challenging mentally and physically.. Trying to understand what is our LO wants through their cryings... Everyday, there would be new things ahead. Rest as much as we could ok.

Have a good browsing in the baby fair, treat as a form of exercise for our eyes, mouth and legs... Feeling down? no worries, just come in and have a chat lo...

So sweet of you! Stay positive stay positive... I must drill that in my head

aiyoh so long never post here too..i am sooo sleep deprived and just to rant...

i am soooo stress..i shouted at my boy yesterday and was so angry at him cos he vomited out his milk (my precious EBM..which in the 1st place i dun hv enough already for him) he kept making choking sounds and wheezing sounds almost at the end of feeds everytime without fail..then yesterday he was breathless then got choked and vomited everything..then at the end of it all i felt so bad after..

any mums here also got bbs who wakes up say 12ish then want milk..gave but stay awake again and crying want milk every 1 hrly thereafter up till 4-5am..is this colic or gas?? @hi_mei , @dolly_gal do your bbs have this gassy thing? Do you give gripe water at a young age--1mth+??

i am soooo stress..i shouted at my boy yesterday and was so angry at him cos he vomited out his milk (my precious EBM..which in the 1st place i dun hv enough already for him) he kept making choking sounds and wheezing sounds almost at the end of feeds everytime without fail..then yesterday he was breathless then got choked and vomited everything..then at the end of it all i felt so bad after..

any mums here also got bbs who wakes up say 12ish then want milk..gave but stay awake again and crying want milk every 1 hrly thereafter up till 4-5am..is this colic or gas?? @hi_mei , @dolly_gal do your bbs have this gassy thing? Do you give gripe water at a young age--1mth+??
Ya I totally feel ur pain.... Jiayou... I know it is v tough. My bb abt the same age as u (few days older). She is also going thru the same phase where she stays awake for extended period (up to 9 hours also got), except mine is in the day rather than at night. I don't think it is wind/colic as she had that problem before and don't think this is the same. I suspect she just wants cuddles or something... And each milk intake she drinks lesser now...

Btw if it is gas u can give Ridwind. Doctor recommended us to use it, I think it works very well.

My gal also vomits EBM quite often. Totally feel ur pain too, my milk supply quite low and it's like she "wasted" it. Maybe u try to feed ur boy lower volumes to reduce vomiting.

u can try ridwind, use a syringe instead of è dropper, easier i feel..

how many weeks is ur baby? do u still swaddle? smtimes swaddle is quite useful... esp when sleeping..

Must have been tough on u dear.. Handling twins is no easy feat! I salute u!
Jia you ok!

Hugs... This is the difficult period. But will be over in a flash. Dun worry too much abt ebm ( easier said than done I know..) but u need less stress at this stage..

Could it be that baby needs to be burped more rather than drinking milk? I had a few cases of such when she was newborn. End up when I pass to my mum she burped her n she fell asleep..

Jiayou!!

Lambi,
I gave my gal gripewater since she abt 2 weeks old.. 1ml daily
Dun stress urself, cos we ftm so a lot of things are new to us when comes to bb. They can't talk so anything aso cry. My gal aso dun slp well during first mth, keep wanting drink milk if not she keep tossing in her cot until cl gave up n hug / pat her to slp together

@Lambi U can try google something called "wonder weeks". Apparently babies go thru a developmental milestone at wk 8. Causes crankiness and changes in feeding pattern. That's why maybe our babies are more difficult now.

Just now my baby cried and cried before sleeping. My hubby totally lost patience and left her to cry when I was resting. In the end I gave in and rocked her to sleep. Feel so sorry for her.

Lambi

Maybe you can try to burp your boy after he drink half and continue to feed him after the burp.
On 1st month my girl also asking for milk even until now (2 mnths) sometime asking for milk every hour.
Jia you dear baby only can cry to tell you what happen they even cry to say thank you or i love u...

Lambi, although I have not been through what you are going through right now.... Just wanna render some support to you. Gambatte neh!

Hi Lambi, I'm a ftm w little experience w babies. My CL taught me this method b4 she left which I personally find it useful. I burp my bb before giving him milk, burp him again when drink almost half bottle. Give him another burp when he's finished drinking.
This way bb can drink better n less wastage. (2 cents worth opinion)

@Lambi U can try google something called "wonder weeks". Apparently babies go thru a developmental milestone at wk 8. Causes crankiness and changes in feeding pattern. That's why maybe our babies are more difficult now.

Just now my baby cried and cried before sleeping. My hubby totally lost patience and left her to cry when I was resting. In the end I gave in and rocked her to sleep. Feel so sorry for her.
Yes I have the app too.. Quite accurate I find.. But my gal seems faster than the schedule..she is crawling now I damn busy gg after her..

u can try ridwind, use a syringe instead of è dropper, easier i feel..

how many weeks is ur baby? do u still swaddle? smtimes swaddle is quite useful... esp when sleeping..
my bb is ard 6weeks.. I swaddle but sometimes he dun like to be swaddled..likes arms to be out..so I swaddle with arms out sometimes or just one arm swaddled..

Ya I totally feel ur pain.... Jiayou... I know it is v tough. My bb abt the same age as u (few days older). She is also going thru the same phase where she stays awake for extended period (up to 9 hours also got), except mine is in the day rather than at night. I don't think it is wind/colic as she had that problem before and don't think this is the same. I suspect she just wants cuddles or something... And each milk intake she drinks lesser now...

Btw if it is gas u can give Ridwind. Doctor recommended us to use it, I think it works very well.

My gal also vomits EBM quite often. Totally feel ur pain too, my milk supply quite low and it's like she "wasted" it. Maybe u try to feed ur boy lower volumes to reduce vomiting.

Thanks for the info! Didn't know there is ''wonder weeks''..i feel it's more like ''painful/crying/sleepless weeks'' today morning happened again ard 3+ onwards up until 8+9am (I fed him every hourly mostly apart from the later hours I gave up) smaller amounts so he dun vomit..i tried cuddling, talking, comforting..nothing seems to work..so I left him crying at the top of his lungs from 7-8am outside on the sofa..while i attended to the other one who is about to cry cos of his cryings..:( but I notice his BCG injection site n the butt broke and pus leaked out--dunno if that could be a reason of his uncomfyness I called nurse and nurse said to left it to air dry..but then on diapers and constantly pooing how to airdry?? your girl bcg on butt or arm?

Hugs... This is the difficult period. But will be over in a flash. Dun worry too much abt ebm ( easier said than done I know..) but u need less stress at this stage..

Could it be that baby needs to be burped more rather than drinking milk? I had a few cases of such when she was newborn. End up when I pass to my mum she burped her n she fell asleep..

Jiayou!!

Hi Lambi, I'm a ftm w little experience w babies. My CL taught me this method b4 she left which I personally find it useful. I burp my bb before giving him milk, burp him again when drink almost half bottle. Give him another burp when he's finished drinking.
This way bb can drink better n less wastage. (2 cents worth opinion)
I burped him in between and after..but..most of times after, cos if in between he will fall asleep and refused to finish his milk left..only to be awoken about 1-2 hrs later crying wanting milk again..but thanks ..I will try to burp before?? see how..

Lambi

Maybe you can try to burp your boy after he drink half and continue to feed him after the burp.
On 1st month my girl also asking for milk even until now (2 mnths) sometime asking for milk every hour.
Jia you dear baby only can cry to tell you what happen they even cry to say thank you or i love u...
Seems like I need to have more patience (and sleep) lol it's just that for say for example I pump at 1pm then feed him at 1.30pm, then he will take abt 45mins-1 hr to feed and then it's time for my girl's feed at 2.30pm or sometimes earlier then hv to wait for her feed too..she is slow as well..so when all finish, I hv to pump again..then the cycle continues all over again..seems like a no-time-to-sleep-or-do-anything-else routine..

Lambi,
I gave my gal gripewater since she abt 2 weeks old.. 1ml daily
Dun stress urself, cos we ftm so a lot of things are new to us when comes to bb. They can't talk so anything aso cry. My gal aso dun slp well during first mth, keep wanting drink milk if not she keep tossing in her cot until cl gave up n hug / pat her to slp together
I asked my dad go buy gripe water and gave them both yesterday! some tiny tiny bit improvements but then still need to observe If it is really painful gas..i think I should include in every feed ie. more frequently cos I only gave 1/4 tsp (the recommended dose is 1 tsp)

Lambi,

I don't hv much experience with bottle feeding but maybe can also consider changing bottles/teats? Worth the try to see if anything helps.

Seems like I need to have more patience (and sleep) lol it's just that for say for example I pump at 1pm then feed him at 1.30pm, then he will take abt 45mins-1 hr to feed and then it's time for my girl's feed at 2.30pm or sometimes earlier then hv to wait for her feed too..she is slow as well..so when all finish, I hv to pump again..then the cycle continues all over again..seems like a no-time-to-sleep-or-do-anything-else routine..
Y don't u consider half bf half formula? Also see if anyone in the family can help to feed your little one? At least, u can have some sleep n breather.
Tonight my son (1mth 3 days) is v cranky don't want to sleep. No matter how or what I do, he simply not 爽. Until I realized that he's nose seems a little wet, so I use the small nose pump to clear his mucus. After that he's happy to sleep. Phew... (try n error success!) All mummies let's jia you! :)

You take care your self? If you have anyone to help you may can ask their help to feed your baby since you are using bottle feed. At least you can have a bit rest.

@Lambi jiayou... I dunno how u manage to take care of 2 at the same time. All i can say is, it will definitely get better cos after some time, babies don't need to drink every 3h le... Just tahan and wait until that time.

My baby's bcg on arm so it burst and dry v quickly like 1-2 days. For butt can just dry it after bath then leave it alone? If not watsons/guardian have special plasters that aid wound healing but i am not sure if it is suitable to stick on baby. Maybe u ask the pharmacist before u buy.

agreed...so best for me to decide by next mth or i can choose Dr just to do ops only ? kk refused to recommend dr for me...any good Dr who perform ops well ?

My hubby also wanna to switch to pte gynae as well.. Called yesterday and as I have no preference and want the earliest slot, they gave me Dr Khoo. Saw the reviews like not bad but yet to be confirmed. If my understanding is correct, Dr john tee seems full.

My hubby also wanna to switch to pte gynae as well.. Called yesterday and as I have no preference and want the earliest slot, they gave me Dr Khoo. Saw the reviews like not bad but yet to be confirmed. If my understanding is correct, Dr john tee seems full.
u intend to go for natural? not sure if he is good for stitching

agreed...so best for me to decide by next mth or i can choose Dr just to do ops only ? kk refused to recommend dr for me...any good Dr who perform ops well ?
I didn't do c sect... But i heard my doctor Tan HH is quite good at op... Guess u can consider him.

u intend to go for natural? not sure if he is good for stitching

Yup, prefer natural but can't guarantee that I will have my way. Haha. I believe you have passed majority of the tests like detailed scanning, gestational diabetes testing etc, hence, IMHO, if you wanna switch is a good time to switch.

Of course, got to manage one's costs expectations. I heard from nurse saying that some pte gynaes prefer to see patients all along from the start.. I don't know who but I just let fate decided for me...

Sometime one needs fate and chemistry to work on relationship...

Yup, prefer natural but can't guarantee that I will have my way. Haha. I believe you have passed majority of the tests like detailed scanning, gestational diabetes testing etc, hence, IMHO, if you wanna switch is a good time to switch.

Of course, got to manage one's costs expectations. I heard from nurse saying that some pte gynaes prefer to see patients all along from the start.. I don't know who but I just let fate decided for me...

Sometime one needs fate and chemistry to work on relationship...
not yet done my gestational diabetes testing. they only scheduled on my 7th mth which i think why soo late..

not yet done my gestational diabetes testing. they only scheduled on my 7th mth which i think why soo late..

I see, clinically, it should be done between week 24 to week 28, so for yours is still within the range. So don worry. You can consider hi-mei suggestion on Dr Tan HH as your pte gynae...

Mind I ask what makes you wanna to switch to pte gynae?

If I m not wrong babies at kkh has their bcg on arm wherelse bb at pte hospital have their bcg at butt..

Lambi,
Everything is trial n error especially we dun know wat they want. Even my gal now 8 mths old, we still guess wat she wants sometimes. 150ml milk sometimes break into 2-3 times to finish cos she vy busybody, keep looking ard n wants to play.

I see, clinically, it should be done between week 24 to week 28, so for yours is still within the range. So don worry. You can consider hi-mei suggestion on Dr Tan HH as your pte gynae...

Mind I ask what makes you wanna to switch to pte gynae?
they only scheduled my test on wk 31 ...."

Yup he is ivf but can do delivery also... My delivery by him is v smooth. Stitches also good (but it is natural delivery not c section).

Too bad, my ivf doc will be away for 2 years.. If not I will continue with him as well...

May I know what is the average waiting time for him ( Dr Tan)?

Hmmm, week 31!....Is that the norm? I'm not sure will I be tested GD in my next appointment... Will one be informed that this test is going to be conducted in our next visit?
they said they want me to do all at one time...ie do test + regular Dr review and scan.. i think the time flame is out of norm.

they said they want me to do all at one time...ie do test + regular Dr review and scan.. i think the time flame is out of norm.

Erm, even wanna cover all and it is foreseeable, IMO, they should give you a much earlier time slot. The more you test early, the more time to do any rectifications ... GD can cause complications. Let's just hope everything turned out okay for you.

Too bad, my ivf doc will be away for 2 years.. If not I will continue with him as well...

May I know what is the average waiting time for him ( Dr Tan)?
If u see him at the private suite it is v short like maybe 20 min. But if u see him at clinic D... Haha i usually wait for 1-2hr...

yesterday when KK and was told that HH tan nolonger take in delivery case cos he is overwhelming with ivf cases. I asked the counter staff at Clinic B, if they can select or check available scheule for other private Dr, they ask me to call appointmnet section instead...i am wondering can i call up The Private Suit to check?

@kymkym

You can just call to appointment centre and they can check for you.
My gynae is CK Khoo and he's not bad. His stitches (i'm c-sect) also very nice, this's the comment from my mom and massage lady. They said the doctor very skillful. Maybe you can try him.

@kymkym

You can just call to appointment centre and they can check for you.
My gynae is CK Khoo and he's not bad. His stitches (i'm c-sect) also very nice, this's the comment from my mom and massage lady. They said the doctor very skillful. Maybe you can try him.
Thanks :) yesterday the Dr that i seen told me KKH by default is natural delivery, they will only perform c-sect if natural is not successful. so she advice if i will to opt for c-sect, better choose a Dr.

Back