Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Hi and welcome. Mind Sharing your HCG level? Do try to relax whenever you can. Best is to sleep through. Like you I had bleeding episode and rushed to hospital in the middle of night. Discovered bleeding when I went toilet. Stunned for a while then.

Given jab and asked to increase my dosage of the support medicine. Ever since then I have been putting panty liner diligently till my first trimester over. Just pray hard not to see any fresh red during that period.

Now I'm already in tri 2. You can do it!

Take care.

Hi Chubby..

Oh..not easy for u..i am wearing a pad actually after wat happen yesterday..was stun too when saw alot of blood..thot all over liao..

now i am very scared everytime i pee...

But nice to hear u hv reached 2nd tri..hopefully all goes smoothly till you deliver..

My hcg 1536 on d16. First time had high level..my previous was only 176 on d14.. But mc..

Called my tcm earlier..she said bed rest n monitor..if still not k..fri take chinese meds..

I had spotting & cramps for almost the whole of 1st tri.
I went for an extra HCG test just to ensure that its doubling.
Dr says often it's the inserts that we do that may irritate our V.

hmm ic..shld hv done bt again..but i guess nvm then..will monitor..

My next appt is on next Mon..will see how this goes...

Thanks dear

Although it seems very scary, just know that many of us experienced bleeding. I bled throughout first tri, one time it was even like a full period and my heart nearly stopped. It is probably quite hard for u to relax, but many of us have carried baby to term despite bleeding. Try to rest more and just take ur progesterone... Take care girl...

I am taking progynova, utro insert n duphaston for now..

Hope its enough...

I cldnt agree less..bleeding is a terrible thing...now no movement except toilet break..

Hope its enough...

I cldnt agree less..bleeding is a terrible thing...now no movement except toilet break..
In 1st tri I took progynova, Duphaston, crinone insert as well as progesterone jabs twice weekly (which is nuh SOP for every bfp)... Max defence already...

In 1st tri I took progynova, Duphaston, crinone insert as well as progesterone jabs twice weekly (which is nuh SOP for every bfp)... Max defence already...

Ah ic...i am allergic to crinone..thats y stick to utro..the jab yesterday was proluton..

Not sure whether I need to jab again next Mon..will hv to ask Dr Loh..

Ladies I've a question to ask!
I can't fit into most of my work clothing now.
Any effective method to store these clothing so that it won't turn moldy in a yr's time?
Will be a waste of $$ to re-buy whole wardrobe again! I previously had to do it when I was away from home for 8 mths, most turned moldy :(

bed rest. lotsa lotsa bedrest.
I was bleeding through out almost my entire first tri.

was basically on HL for almost a month. Had daily progesterone shots until the muscles on my ass ache so bad, i was in foul mood most of the time. HAHAAH.

just rest up. dun go on to the web and keep reading all the bad stuff. although i'm sure we all do when tings liddis arise.
keep ur mood up as much as u can. tok to your baby. i did la.. abit silly. but anything to keep my heart calm.

take care!

Feeling very worried now..Had bleeding just now..Got the jab n duphaston earlier from gynae and was advised for bed rest.

Cramps hv subsided but still here on n off. Bleeding still..

Feeling really lost..Dunno wat else to do..

bed rest. lotsa lotsa bedrest.
I was bleeding through out almost my entire first tri.

was basically on HL for almost a month. Had daily progesterone shots until the muscles on my ass ache so bad, i was in foul mood most of the time. HAHAAH.

just rest up. dun go on to the web and keep reading all the bad stuff. although i'm sure we all do when tings liddis arise.
keep ur mood up as much as u can. tok to your baby. i did la.. abit silly. but anything to keep my heart calm.

take care!

Oh my daily jabs...i had that before during my 1st...sore bums till cant sleep...

I do that too..talk to my lil one..even hubbie does it...Its silly I know..but I am dg wat I can...

Ya I do read up when it happen yesterday..but told myself..better dont...scaring myself too much..so dun think n rest...

Any effective method to store these clothing so that it won't turn moldy in a yr's time?
Will be a waste of $$ to re-buy whole wardrobe again! I previously had to do it when I was away from home for 8 mths, most turned moldy :(

I had stored my clothes into vacuum bags and put a small pc of charcoal covered with paper towels in each bags. Then stored them in box containers. First of the most, I put them under hot sun to air dried.

Of course you can consider those types where you can buy from the supermarkets.

Ur defence v good already. Don't worry so much. I only took utro and when there is a bleeding episode, go get the jab. And baby survived! Don't worry u are well-protected. Jia you!

I am not sure... Use the thirsty hippo will work or not?

anyone drink 'cooling' water at Tri2? feel abit of heatiness recently...

I drank chilled chrysanthemum tea often due to this weather. Chrysanthemum will only cool your upper part of your body and not so much on lower part like your womb. Hence can drink but always in moderation ya.

I don fancy barley so din really asked.

Hi Chubby..

Oh..not easy for u..i am wearing a pad actually after wat happen yesterday..was stun too when saw alot of blood..thot all over liao..

now i am very scared everytime i pee...

But nice to hear u hv reached 2nd tri..hopefully all goes smoothly till you deliver..

My hcg 1536 on d16. First time had high level..my previous was only 176 on d14.. But mc..

Called my tcm earlier..she said bed rest n monitor..if still not k..fri take chinese meds..

Your HCG looked okay! Like all the sisters had mentioned, rest well and hydrate well. Take your medicines diligently and relax.

Trial and error on the foods to see which suit your tastebuds, once you got it, you will tend to eat slightly more.

Dear sister, saw many of u all include myself have scary bleeding eposide even with kind of support.
I Would like to know from those sister when your doctor stop all the support completely?
Will you all feel insecure initially?seen we too rely on support oledi.
Jia you everybody!

I drank chilled chrysanthemum tea often due to this weather. Chrysanthemum will only cool your upper part of your body and not so much on lower part like your womb. Hence can drink but always in moderation ya.

I don fancy barley so din really asked.
ooch....just took half a cup of barley water.

Thank you Chubby for empathising. My Dr shared that not easy to feel baby movements as first time mommy didn't know what to feel for, and it is usually in around 22th week to feel anything. Stay positive because it is so natural for mommy to worry all the time.

Thanks BFF. Have been telling myself to be positive :) as for when to have another one... I think I will focus on this little one first , ensure that my LO will come to this world smoothly.

Taking baby steps at a time... Sometimes, things are just beyond our control even we have a plan for it...

Dear sister, saw many of u all include myself have scary bleeding eposide even with kind of support.
I Would like to know from those sister when your doctor stop all the support completely?
Jia you everybody!

I stopped after I finished the medications. I always feel insecure hence comes the worries all the time. Bo bian I think. Haha just learnt to live with it.

Your HCG looked okay! Like all the sisters had mentioned, rest well and hydrate well. Take your medicines diligently and relax.

Trial and error on the foods to see which suit your tastebuds, once you got it, you will tend to eat slightly more.

Yup gonna take my meds diligently.. Rest..rest and rest..

Food wise..i dont eat alot..i drink more...nausea is getting worst today..so small meals for now n salted cracker..

I stopped after I finished the medications. I always feel insecure hence comes the worries all the time. Bo bian I think. Haha just learnt to live with it.

Chubby 1314,Haha..yalo yalo no matter how hv to stop one day....do u still rmbr roughly how many week when you finished all your medication?

Jia you everybody!
I stopped all my support meds & jabs by last week of 1st tri. Heard that's when the placenta naturally takes over for ivf pregnancy.
2nd tri onwards are all multivits.

I am worried of having to go through the Harmony test again. With increased age, risks of all kinds increased. Every stage brings anxiety.
Yes true... No choice... A lot of hurdles to cross. Good thing is, most likely u will make it thru the hurdles (statistically speaking). Maybe just see how this pregnancy goes and how u cope with baby before u decide..

Yes true... No choice... A lot of hurdles to cross. Good thing is, most likely u will make it thru the hurdles (statistically speaking). Maybe just see how this pregnancy goes and how u cope with baby before u decide..

It's true. Really got no choice. When I saw my friend's single child looking out for other kids to play with, my heart softens and think about having a 2nd one. But my DH is not too bothered by it, saying that he survives well as a single child until he has his sister 12 years later, lol...

Thanks BFF. Have been telling myself to be positive :) as for when to have another one... I think I will focus on this little one first , ensure that my LO will come to this world smoothly.

Taking baby steps at a time... Sometimes, things are just beyond our control even we have a plan for it...

It's true. One step at a time! I think too much unnecessarily at times and end up exhausting myself. Have to remind ourselves to enjoy the journey. After all, there isn't many parts of one's life to be able to focus on one thing, one precious thing :)

U doing FET next round?
If yes, my logic is that your embryos are based on a "younger" age at freezing, even if your physical age increases it shouldn't matter?

If I do decide to go for a next round, it will be a FET. I think both age of embies and bio age of mommy have a hand in it. My Dr had based on my current age of crossing over 35, to ask me to go for Harmony Test. But I definitely hope that your logic has a stronger weight.

Hope its enough...

I cldnt agree less..bleeding is a terrible thing...now no movement except toilet break..[

My Dr explained that in the first trimester, the embies will continue to implant themselves, so as to secure their positions, thus causing the bleeding.
For fresh bleeding, always go down to 24 hour for jab, this support is a must.
For brown blood, they are "old" blood, so no need to worry about it.

Chubby 1314,Haha..yalo yalo no matter how hv to stop one day....do u still rmbr roughly how many week when you finished all your medication?

Coming near to end of tri one. In between prior to my next visit, I only had folic acids...after that, multi vits and calcium as I got problems with diary products as they caused phlegm easily for me.

If I do decide to go for a next round, it will be a FET. I think both age of embies and bio age of mommy have a hand in it. My Dr had based on my current age of crossing over 35, to ask me to go for Harmony Test. But I definitely hope that your logic has a stronger weight.
The ivf seminar I attended showed stats that age of eggs is more impt than mommy age. Dr compared graphs of success on donor eggs & own eggs of older mommies.
Dr said this is the reason why some who failed multiple tries are encouraged to try donor eggs from younger donors.
Yes I believe both play a part though the msg I got is that eggs age more crucial. Hope I didn't misquote what I heard :)

Wow triplets! So exciting! Congrats!
its actually on 2nd attempt using frozen embryoes on thaw cycle. Was quite down after the 1st attempt failed.

My hubby bought some supplements online and insisted I take them... sometimes i blame him cos perhaps it was due to the supplements that I took
which ended up in me having triplets. (mayb i m being silly lol)

Hi all, like to check ....can we drink chicken essence during trimester 2? If okay, should it be a bottle a day or a few days once? TIA?

Hi all, like to check ....can we drink chicken essence during trimester 2? If okay, should it be a bottle a day or a few days once? TIA?
i am taking Brands INNERSHINE 7berries, about 1 per week. I would think chicken essence is ok, just that I dun really like to taste, sometimes force myself to take like 1 bottle per fortnight.

i am taking Brands INNERSHINE 7berries, about 1 per week. I would think chicken essence is ok, just that I dun really like to taste, sometimes force myself to take like 1 bottle per fortnight.

Oh i see. Thanks for the reply :) in my tri one, I thought of having it... But the moment I smell of it, my nausea started to act up... Now since I have better tolerance on food smell, this makes me wanna to start to drink it. It has been ages since my last drink ..

Oh i see. Thanks for the reply :) in my tri one, I thought of having it... But the moment I smell of it, my nausea started to act up... Now since I have better tolerance on food smell, this makes me wanna to start to drink it. It has been ages since my last drink ..
yeah... during my 1st tri, that happened to me too! Hubby gave me a bottle, after i drank it, i vomitted everything out at once... you can try heating it up by placing it into a bowl of warm water before
consumption. Its a little more bearable warmed.

Yup gonna take my meds diligently.. Rest..rest and rest..

Food wise..i dont eat alot..i drink more...nausea is getting worst today..so small meals for now n salted cracker..

I had to take less fluids with food. Fluids when taken together with food slowed down my digestion and worsen nausea. I had problem with soupy stuff and soup for a while. You may wish to experiment with what works for you.

Last edited:
Jia you everybody!

Just got to learn to stay calm and seek clinic's advice whenever uncertain. Be mindful of food that makes you feel unwell.

I had to take less fluids with food. Fluids when taken together with food slowed down my digestion and worsen nausea. I had problem with soupy stuff and soup for a while. You may wish to experiment with what works for you.

I am the other way round..just hate solid food...can drink but when eating..i wan to throw up..so now small meals whenever hungry..

Yup experimenting a few food at the moment...

you can try wheat crackers.. i took the jacob's brand during my 1st trimester. it does help with the morning sickness... For me, i felt sick all day and night.

Try not to get too stressed out, find things to do to calm yourself down.

I stopped all the hormone mess at week 12. Felt abit worried that own body cannot support on its own but also felt happy cuz it was a milestone of sorts and good riddance to all the yucky inserts!

I stopped all the hormone mess at week 12. Felt abit worried that own body cannot support on its own but also felt happy cuz it was a milestone of sorts and good riddance to all the yucky inserts!

Yu-Qing, ya exactly the worried that own body cannot support on its own...sound so silly rite and will think this and that....
All the best to everyone here..TGIF, happy weekend.

Dear Mummies,

I want to sell my Almost New Combi well comfort stroller @ $250.

- used less than 5 times
- FREE Delivery

Interested please email to :
[email protected]

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back