Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

I think really depends on skill of gynae. Day 2 I was already walking ard the ward. Day 3 discharged n stayed at my parents place for confinement. Room was on 2nd floor. I was able to walk up n down 2-4 x a day. No prob with latching bb.
But all these are done with wearing the binder. So if u decide to do csect get the Dale binder

ooohhh... okay.. thank you! will do some research on dale binder. :D

Good morning ladies! Happy work week and thanks for sharing your experiences on the initial weeks after becoming mom for the first time.

I don think I will have the necessary support especially from my mom cuz I'm living with my in laws and they are pretty old Liao.

Think got to bit it and hold it during the first few weeks. Is it tough to do own confinement? Geez....

Weight gain... Hmmm...
I don't know how much I'm putting on. Doc and nurse didn't tell me. Told them i didn't want to know. Hehe
Haha, you sure are happy-go-lucky :) I look leaner than before I got preggy... sigh.. Apart from a small, hardly noticeable bulge at the tummy, I don't look preggy.

Myself is a plump size person so I didn gain any weight at all. The weight goes to bb n once bb is out I'm back to my pre preg weight. My another frien is a small build size she also nv gain much when bb out she also back to pre preg weight. But I got another frien when bb is out she still has the tummy as if still got another bb inside. N we still joke wif her say inside still got another twin haha

I am having very bad nauseous everyday and thus eating very little. Thus, worried if my weight loss will be a concern. Looks like everyone is very different. Those materials I read, tend to say, Tri 2 will start gaining weight steadily, thus I am pinning hope on it. Maybe, I am a little paranoid, worry if bb is growing.

Good morning ladies! Happy work week and thanks for sharing your experiences on the initial weeks after becoming mom for the first time.

I don think I will have the necessary support especially from my mom cuz I'm living with my in laws and they are pretty old Liao.

Think got to bit it and hold it during the first few weeks. Is it tough to do own confinement? Geez....
I also don't have any support from parents and parents in law.
I ordered confinement herbs online and boil it daily myself. I cook myself and breastfeed bb. My hubby helps here n there, not much tho.
Now bb almost 3 weeks old, so far so good. I can manage.

Don't worry too much, you can do it!

Jia you!

I am having very bad nauseous everyday and thus eating very little. Thus, worried if my weight loss will be a concern. Looks like everyone is very different. Those materials I read, tend to say, Tri 2 will start gaining weight steadily, thus I am pinning hope on it. Maybe, I am a little paranoid, worry if bb is growing.

dun worry.. gynae will tell u every scan if the baby is growing..
my gf who is on the lean side naturally, didn't put on much weight too.. but she gave birth to a 3.2kg boy.. HAHAHAHA..
if u see her from her backview, u cannot tell she is preg at all.

nurses were telling me oso that it is during tri 2, that we will start seeing weight gain. dun worry too much.

so on the bright side, u r bless wif good genes! mayb dun have to worry much about shedding preg weight after birth!

I ordered confinement herbs online and boil it daily myself. I cook myself and breastfeed bb. My hubby helps here n there, not much tho.

Jia you!

Wow! You are amazing!

Jia you!

sounds like a lot of work alone.. u r a supermom!
no sleep, breastfeed, pump milk, every 2-3 hrs tend to baby, boil herbs.. still got time for chores? or even a small window of quiet time to chat with hubby?
how do u do it and still stay sane? :confused:

dun worry.. gynae will tell u every scan if the baby is growing..
my gf who is on the lean side naturally, didn't put on much weight too.. but she gave birth to a 3.2kg boy.. HAHAHAHA..
if u see her from her backview, u cannot tell she is preg at all.

nurses were telling me oso that it is during tri 2, that we will start seeing weight gain. dun worry too much.

so on the bright side, u r bless wif good genes! mayb dun have to worry much about shedding preg weight after birth!

Thank you so much for your comforting words :)

Dear ladies, will like to seek your views on the use of ginger, garlic, spring onions and onions in cooking. Read from somewhere that the strong smelling herbs are stimulant for uterus, but also that they have anti-bacteria properties. Eating fish without ginger is quite terrible.

Jia you!

Really! Hope I can be like you :) I got a little prob here... That's .. How to cook when the kitchen doesn't belong to me.. Is my MIL's territory... Maybe I should start think confinement catering... Any recommendations, ladies?

Now trying to find solutions under different scenarios.... Stress scenarios...headache ah...haha

Dear ladies, will like to seek your views on the use of ginger, garlic, spring onions and onions in cooking. Read from somewhere that the strong smelling herbs are stimulant for uterus, but also that they have anti-bacteria properties. Eating fish without ginger is quite terrible.

har.. i've been having quite abit of ginger wif fish leh.. coz it helps expel gas from my stomach..
i tink those herbs could be chinese herbs?

Really! Hope I can be like you :) I got a little prob here... That's .. How to cook when the kitchen doesn't belong to me.. Is my MIL's territory... Maybe I should start think confinement catering... Any recommendations, ladies?

Now trying to find solutions under different scenarios.... Stress scenarios...headache ah...haha

Recently received this brochure from Kim's Kitchen on Confinement Cuisine, up to 20% discount for early bookings.
You may wish to check this out, though I am not sure of its verdict at: www.kimskitchen.com.sg

For confinement catering quite a few mummies is using natal essential

me too in a headache now..cos my parents recently had health problems and also I didn't want to bother my aunt who actually wanted to cook for me..at her hse in hougang daily and bring to tampines..she finds it troublesome to cook in other unfamiliar places besides her own home..so yesterday I've booked a trial with natal essential for this Thursday dinner only..I've compared the followings

1) Natal essential
2) Thomson medical confinement

I feel both are good ..price is more ex for Thomson but I like that they dun hv repeated dishes as compared to natal ess..headache ..

Last edited:

Jia you!
can share the website?

All can lah. Otherwise how to survive ? Hahaa everything in moderation except for the clear no-nos (alcohol, raw shellfish due to possible food poisoning and listeria, caffeine due to mixed report that excessive caffeine during pregnancy increased risk of miscarriage, dang gui as apparently stimulates womb stimulation leading to miscarriage). The rest just need to be cautious but not until everything cannot eat :) not like you are going to down a bowl of ginger for dinner hehehe. Relax dear. Good to be cautious but enjoy the pregnancy. It passes v quickly and you will miss it (except the MS).

I took richfood for confinement catering last round. Not too bad (coz at that time Natal essentials didn't deliver to my place). Can test their trial.

Respect to MTB-2015!! Still can cook own food. Bravo, mummy!!

All can lah. Otherwise how to survive ? Hahaa everything in moderation except for the clear no-nos (alcohol, raw shellfish due to possible food poisoning and listeria, caffeine due to mixed report that excessive caffeine during pregnancy increased risk of miscarriage, dang gui as apparently stimulates womb stimulation leading to miscarriage). The rest just need to be cautious but not until everything cannot eat :) not like you are going to down a bowl of ginger for dinner hehehe. Relax dear. Good to be cautious but enjoy the pregnancy. It passes v quickly and you will miss it (except the MS).

Thanks for sharing :)

Dear ladies, will like to seek some views on what kind fruits are okay to consume in 1st tri? There were such a long list of no-nos from Dr during ET (pineapple, papaya, banana, basically cooling fruits). I tried dragonfruit these 2 days, it helps with relieving constipation but it became a little strong for the tummy when eaten consecutively. Thus, I am left with apple, orange, kiwifruit. Does anyone know what fruits would be ok?

Last edited:
can share the website?

http://www.newbaby.sg/#!/c/0/offset=0&sort=normal

U can google : newbaby.sg

The herbs are very fresh very well selected. Everyday one packet, due to I am vegetarian, I don't boil with meat, just boil the herbs for one hour plus then drink, taste good. U can boil together with chicken or pork ribs.

I have been to medical halls to ask about confinement herbs, even though abit cheaper than newbaby.sg but their 枸杞(wolfberry) not as good as newbaby.sg

I also bought the red dates+longan tea and herbal bath.

sounds like a lot of work alone.. u r a supermom!
no sleep, breastfeed, pump milk, every 2-3 hrs tend to baby, boil herbs.. still got time for chores? or even a small window of quiet time to chat with hubby?
how do u do it and still stay sane? :confused:
Hehe...
7am I boil herbs soup and red dates tea, using two pots to boil at the same time, high heat for 15mins then low heat for 1hour+;
7:30am simple breakfast like oat+milk or bread+eggs etc. after breakfast drink the herbal soup. Put red dates tea into 2liter thermal flask for me to drink whole day.
8:00am feeding and pumping then bb fall asleep. I will do some house chores.
11:00am feeding and pumping. Washing and ironing
12pm cook lunch and makan; watch tv
2pm: feeding and pumping. Take a nap with bb.
5pm feeding n pumping.
6pm cook dinner and makan then clean the kitchen ; surf Internet; go downstairs supermarket buy vegetables etc.
8pm bath bb then feeding and pumping; take a nap.
11pm feeding and pumping
3am feeding and pumping
7am new day starts!

Still got many free time leh. Maybe due to baby sleeps a lot. Baby will only wake up every 3hourly for milk, then fall asleep till 3hours later.

I took richfood for confinement catering last round. Not too bad (coz at that time Natal essentials didn't deliver to my place). Can test their trial.

Respect to MTB-2015!! Still can cook own food. Bravo, mummy!!
I am vegetarian, so only cook vegetables, very fast and easy.

I am vegetarian, so only cook vegetables, very fast and easy.
I'm vegetarian too and with no help when baby comes in 2 months time. Right now, I'm surfing the net for simple vegetarian dishes that are good for confinement. You are my inspiration!

Hehe...
7am I boil herbs soup and red dates tea, using two pots to boil at the same time, high heat for 15mins then low heat for 1hour+;
7:30am simple breakfast like oat+milk or bread+eggs etc. after breakfast drink the herbal soup. Put red dates tea into 2liter thermal flask for me to drink whole day.
5pm feeding n pumping.
6pm cook dinner and makan then clean the kitchen ; surf Internet; go downstairs supermarket buy vegetables etc.
11pm feeding and pumping
3am feeding and pumping
7am new day starts!

Still got many free time leh. Maybe due to baby sleeps a lot. Baby will only wake up every 3hourly for milk, then fall asleep till 3hours later.

Simply impressed! Although I'm not a full time vegetarian ..will try to eat as often as possible... Initial stages of my pregnancy, I don really fancy meats not even fish and chicken.. Just wanna puke most of the time...been eating vegetarian bee Hoon a lot...somehow it has become my comfort food!

Mind sharing your vegetarian recipes ? :) also any vegetarian confinement catering that I can include my list?

Dear ladies, will like to seek some views on what kind fruits are okay to consume in 1st tri? There were such a long list of no-nos from Dr during ET (pineapple, papaya, banana, basically cooling fruits). I tried dragonfruit these 2 days, it helps with relieving constipation but it became a little strong for the tummy when eaten consecutively. Thus, I am left with apple, orange, kiwifruit. Does anyone know what fruits would be ok?

Actually my doctor told me can eat anything, even pineapple. But my family said NO! Anyway I don't like pineapple so is ok.
Try more apples & pears. Dragon fruit high in sugars so must limit. But honestly any fruits tht ur comfortable & baby accepts should be fine.
U can try pomegranate too. It's womb fruit! But sadly for me my babies rejected it! Maybe they fed up tht their mummy been eating it too much! Hehe

I'm vegetarian too and with no help when baby comes in 2 months time. Right now, I'm surfing the net for simple vegetarian dishes that are good for confinement. You are my inspiration!
ImageUploadedByForum1432047897.993426.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1432048024.566293.jpg

I bought this book from Kinokuniya. It's a Taiwanese vegetarian confinement book, lots information and easy to cook dishes.
ImageUploadedByForum1432048211.643787.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1432048239.132494.jpg

Hehe...
5pm feeding n pumping.
11pm feeding and pumping
3am feeding and pumping
7am new day starts!

Omg! I salute you!

Simply impressed! Although I'm not a full time vegetarian ..will try to eat as often as possible... Initial stages of my pregnancy, I don really fancy meats not even fish and chicken.. Just wanna puke most of the time...been eating vegetarian bee Hoon a lot...somehow it has become my comfort food!

Mind sharing your vegetarian recipes ? :) also any vegetarian confinement catering that I can include my list?

I have tried to very hard to find vegetarian confinement catering, but can't find any. That's why I have to cook myself.

I don't like mock meat, normally vegetarian catering got many mock meat, so I feel that own cooking is better and healthier.

You can join Facebook groups:
ImageUploadedByForum1432048909.279127.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1432048919.966021.jpg

One group is mainly Taiwanese; the other group mainly Malaysian.
They share lots of information, like vegetarian confinement food; vegetarian confinement lady's contact etc.

Try not to eat orange n papaya. Orange will cause phlegmy for the bb when come out n as for papaya they say will cause jaundice. Throughout my preg I didn touch any of these fruits haha... Coz I know orange will definitely cause phlegm for myself so I think I've not taken any orange since years back I think got close to 15 yrs le ba. Papaya I avoid coz I know will cause jaundice for the bb. U can take apple for sure.

For me, I always trial and error with fruits... I eat almost every kinds of fruits except watermelon, papaya and pineapple and banana.

So far in my tri one, apples, pears, grape fruits, avocado, dragonfruits, grapes, strawberry and kiwi have been my comfort fruits... Sometimes will mix with vegetables as juices if I can't eat... Try to drink as much as possible.

Hehe...
5pm feeding n pumping.
11pm feeding and pumping
3am feeding and pumping
7am new day starts!

i want to salute, bow and perhaps clone abit of u and put in my cells..
u r a supermom!

Dear ladies, although this is a little premature for me, just curious to find out on the cost of engaging confinement aunties and where to get suitable references? I often hear friends sharing that they get confinement aunties from Malaysia and they stay at their house kind of arrangement. Thomson has a service for this but I am wondering if this would be super pricey.

Dear ladies, has anyone gone for prenatal classes? Saw it at a Cordlife & TMC fair lately but it is meant for 20+ weeks and above.

Not advisable to go so early Cux u may forget what is taught in class.
Attended Wong boh Boi class for my #1. Personally I think it's gd Cux it gives an idea of SOME stuff u need to know. And if u r going for natural birth they do teach the breathing methods etc..

Back