Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Dear ladies, can I know when did you start to have stable weight gain? I have lost over 2 kg steadily and hadn't gained back anything since. My Dr has been relaxed about it and shared with me that his patient can lose 7 kg and still give birth to 3 kg bb. Those things that I read on Baby Centre mentioned that weight gain is significant indicator of the growth of bb. Thus, a little worrisome.
2nd mth onward more obvoius....ave 1 kg per mth.

Myself is a plump size person so I didn gain any weight at all. The weight goes to bb n once bb is out I'm back to my pre preg weight. My another frien is a small build size she also nv gain much when bb out she also back to pre preg weight. But I got another frien when bb is out she still has the tummy as if still got another bb inside. N we still joke wif her say inside still got another twin haha

Myself is a plump size person so I didn gain any weight at all. The weight goes to bb n once bb is out I'm back to my pre preg weight. My another frien is a small build size she also nv gain much when bb out she also back to pre preg weight. But I got another frien when bb is out she still has the tummy as if still got another bb inside. N we still joke wif her say inside still got another twin haha
so good. i am plus size too...so dare not take extra meals....gain 1kg per mth already scare me...i wori that i hit 80kg at the end of the preg.

IMHO, nothing wrong with opting for c sect I/o natural. In fact an elective c sect will b so much calmer n smoother than e csect. In my case when we had to do ecsect, they didn't had time to prepare hubby so I was alone, vomiting and shivering ( effects from epi) while gynae was doing the op. I didn't even have the standard delivery pics like her first weight the clock etc for memories. So if u decide on csect go for it!

how long does it take for recovery?
movements quite restricted i suppose?

being a noob first timer, i always have tis image that i'll b immobilized for 2 weeks and i'll missed out on carrying my baby.. haha:D

being a noob first timer, i always have tis image that i'll b immobilized for 2 weeks and i'll missed out on carrying my baby.. haha:D
depend on individual....my sis opt for it can get off the bed and walk to see the baby few hours later..

depend on individual....my sis opt for it can get off the bed and walk to see the baby few hours later..

wow! tat's really good! i did laparoscopy and first 2 days were quite tough when i need to get up from bed.. somemore it's small incisions only lor..
sigh.. should be tougher for me then..

Weight gain... Hmmm...
I don't know how much I'm putting on. Doc and nurse didn't tell me. Told them i didn't want to know. Hehe

so good. i am plus size too...so dare not take extra meals....gain 1kg per mth already scare me...i wori that i hit 80kg at the end of the preg.

Lol my pre-preg is 89 I only gain Abt 2kg I think bb come out straight back to 89.

wow! tat's really good! i did laparoscopy and first 2 days were quite tough when i need to get up from bed.. somemore it's small incisions only lor..
sigh.. should be tougher for me then..

Depends on individual body. I know got ppl lie in bed can't get out of bed at all due to the pain. For me I only can get up of the bed the following day after they remove the urine bag, the drip n etc. n I'm off to the toilet to urine n sit down on the sofa etc...

Depends on individual body. I know got ppl lie in bed can't get out of bed at all due to the pain. For me I only can get up of the bed the following day after they remove the urine bag, the drip n etc. n I'm off to the toilet to urine n sit down on the sofa etc...

wow! u oso very good leh.. second day and moving around already!
but thank you for the insights.. gives me room to decide. thank you!

hey! how was ur check up with dr.roland?
You remember! So sweet...
He was actually happy with the results. Totally took us by surprise. I was prepared for a disastrous outcome but it ended well. I think he was very surprised by my test results. Baby shd be in week 28 but at the moment she is a week 29 with long legs at week 30. He said it is genetic and I'm doing ok. Said baby is big cause I'm big. Haha
I don't know why his staff called me twice to arrange for an earlier appointment.
He said I'll have an easy pregnancy and predicted that the birthing will not be difficult. That's my gynae... Confident as always. :)

He was actually happy with the results. Totally took us by surprise. I was prepared for a disastrous outcome but it ended well. I think he was very surprised by my test results. Baby shd be in week 28 but at the moment she is a week 29 with long legs at week 30. He said it is genetic and I'm doing ok. Said baby is big cause I'm big. Haha
I don't know why his staff called me twice to arrange for an earlier appointment.
He said I'll have an easy pregnancy and predicted that the birthing will not be difficult. That's my gynae... Confident as always. :)

tat's great news! so happy for u!
10 more weeks and baby will be in your arms! :D

I think really depends on skill of gynae. Day 2 I was already walking ard the ward. Day 3 discharged n stayed at my parents place for confinement. Room was on 2nd floor. I was able to walk up n down 2-4 x a day. No prob with latching bb.
But all these are done with wearing the binder. So if u decide to do csect get the Dale binder

I think really depends on skill of gynae. Day 2 I was already walking ard the ward. Day 3 discharged n stayed at my parents place for confinement. Room was on 2nd floor. I was able to walk up n down 2-4 x a day. No prob with latching bb.
But all these are done with wearing the binder. So if u decide to do csect get the Dale binder
can we get this dale binder from the hospital direct?

ImageUploadedByForum1431691117.056858.jpg

When I delivered at SGH the pharmacy came n measured my waist and got me this. But I have seen it at KKH pharmacy before. Just check with NUH if they will get this for u aft u deliver. If not I suggest u go Kkh n buy it. Ask the staff there to recommend a size for u.,

Ok still on csect
This is jts..
1) if u intend to ve #2 fast, pls check wif gynae what's his / her take on how long u need to take a break b4 the next pregnancy
2) when can u start doing post natal massage. Some gynae will say 3 wks some 3 mths. So pls check first
3) it's still an op after all. So no shellfish / "poisonous" stuff for at least 4 mths

Ok that's all I can think of as of now

Question to those moms with kids especially... How do you all cope with emotions.... post birth of your first LO? How can we know that we are mentally prepared especially for first time mom? Sometimes I do afraid I got some "resistance" when my BB is born for the initial weeks..

Come to think of that ... I got some fears in me... I know I'm paranoid too early... Haha

Question to those moms with kids especially... How do you all cope with emotions.... post birth of your first LO? How can we know that we are mentally prepared especially for first time mom? Sometimes I do afraid I got some "resistance" when my BB is born for the initial weeks..

Come to think of that ... I got some fears in me... I know I'm paranoid too early... Haha

Nope, not prepared at all. Broke down so many times during the 1st few mths. Cried when I don't have enuff bm, when she wont sleep, when she wont poo, when she wont burp and the list goes on..

But what was impt was family n friend support. N dun bottle up your feelings Cux it may cause post natal blues.

I was lucky Cux my mum was always there for me when I just couldn't take the stress anymore ( and to be honest I felt taking care of nb is more stressful than working) and hubby who was very hands on.

And I had a group of excellent IVF cycle buddies ( we bfp ard the same time). We gave each other moral support, exchange tips and shop together.. That also helped a lot. Cux when u need to talk to someone at 2am while u pump u know u r not alone..

But all these are part n parcel of motherhood. Don't be afraid. Just embrace it!! Remember: we asked for this!

The first fee monthd after birth is really taxing and no one understand really. A group of friends or at least someone "virtual" like a forum group to feel less lonely definitely helps. If someone tells me now abt their pain and tiredness taking care of newborn now I can appreciate but probably my emphathy level is way way lower than someone at the same stage. So even if you hv GFs or family who are mothers, sometimws hvg someone or a group that is going through exactly the same thing keeps us sane doing the rough days - just like the IVF/icsi forum support.

But it's pure love. With lots of fear hahahaha...

Tired_rainbow: no lah! Not immobilised at all. My kiasu gynae kept me on strict bed rest (cannot even eat directly or go toilet on my own) for 24 hrs but right after he gave his OK I was able to get out of bed (slowly), walk around the room & change etc. It does hurt a little but it's more precautionary to ensure wound doesnt get disturbed. At worst, you can take a painkiller for 1st few days to help with the pain (BF safe).

I hv a mix of disposal and modern cloth diaper. For 1st few weeks full disposable as I dont hv helper nor CL. Then gradually mix.

Nope, not prepared at all. Broke down so many times during the 1st few mths. Cried when I don't have enuff bm, when she wont sleep, when she wont poo, when she wont burp and the list goes on..

But what was impt was family n friend support. N dun bottle up your feelings Cux it may cause post natal blues.

I was lucky Cux my mum was always there for me when I just couldn't take the stress anymore ( and to be honest I felt taking care of nb is more stressful than working) and hubby who was very hands on.

And I had a group of excellent IVF cycle buddies ( we bfp ard the same time). We gave each other moral support, exchange tips and shop together.. That also helped a lot. Cux when u need to talk to someone at 2am while u pump u know u r not alone..

But all these are part n parcel of motherhood. Don't be afraid. Just embrace it!! Remember: we asked for this!

I also broke down because of not enough bm, n eventually my hub ask mi not to over stress bm just give half half n give whatever bm I can produce n I feel so much better.

Yeah same as me.. I cried everyday when i'm not able to provide enough bm for my LO. It's so stressful when you want to provide the best for your LO but unable to. Family support it's really important!

Hi All, it is been a while since my last post coz busy with work and preparing stuff for LO

Anyone know lobang to get a homemade red glutinous rice wine? It us for my confinement

TiA

Hi All, it is been a while since my last post coz busy with work and preparing stuff for LO

Anyone know lobang to get a homemade red glutinous rice wine? It us for my confinement

TiA
Can check forum... I think someone posted a lobang on June mummies 2015..

Is it normal to have cramp during 28 weeks? It started last nite till now. So worry....

What kind of cramp? My gynae did tell me it's ok to start having Braxton hicks ( cramp) but it shd go off in a while. However if ur cramp is continuous I would b more KS n go c gynae

Tried to place order through vpost for bb clothes but failed. anyone please enlighten me? I already has an account with vpost

Thank you

Hi Ladies, anyone did OGTT test here ? I went to a GP for urine test and GP said sugar was found in my urine and did a prick blood test for me .Result showed 9.2mmol/dl two hours after lunch . GP said I may have diabetes and want me to arrange for OGTT test immediately with my Gynae, but two days before visiting GP, my Gynae Dr TanHH said my urine test sugar level is ok . I did not manage to speak to DrTanHH yet . Should I call KKH to arrange for the test directly or wait for my next appt with Dr TanHH ?

Hi Ladies, anyone did OGTT test here ? I went to a GP for urine test and GP said sugar was found in my urine and did a prick blood test for me .Result showed 9.2mmol/dl two hours after lunch . GP said I may have diabetes and want me to arrange for OGTT test immediately with my Gynae, but two days before visiting GP, my Gynae Dr TanHH said my urine test sugar level is ok . I did not manage to speak to DrTanHH yet . Should I call KKH to arrange for the test directly or wait for my next appt with Dr TanHH ?

When is ur next appointment wif doc tan? Otherwise u can shift ur appointment earlier.
Just to say kkh the cut off point is 7. If ur result exceed u need to go to attend ODAC. See if u need to monitor ur diet or need to take insulin

When i did the ogtt, blood was taken 3 times. I had to pee 3 times too. Fasting, after 1 hour and after 2 hours. It will give you the accurate reading. Unless you have done the full works, I'd advise you not to have too much stress. It is useful no doubt to know your results so you can determine the next step. I told myself to look at the situation objectively. At the end of the day, we have to do what's best for our unborn children. So what if we have GD? Just do your best for your baby. It is the only right thing to do.
Perhaps, you can try to get a gynae to allow you do the ogtt? Just to have a peace of mind. Please do not stress yourself till you know what really is going on.

When i did the ogtt, blood was taken 3 times. I had to pee 3 times too. Fasting, after 1 hour and after 2 hours. It will give you the accurate reading. Unless you have done the full works, I'd advise you not to have too much stress. It is useful no doubt to know your results so you can determine the next step. I told myself to look at the situation objectively. At the end of the day, we have to do what's best for our unborn children. So what if we have GD? Just do your best for your baby. It is the only right thing to do.
Perhaps, you can try to get a gynae to allow you do the ogtt? Just to have a peace of mind. Please do not stress yourself till you know what really is going on.
Yes agree. It is very common to have GD. Many of my friends had it... It can be managed v well. That being said, just do a check to have peace of mind.

Tik I read someone asking after csect takes how long to b able to move.. Tik I first night I start moving but didn't get off the bed cos needs to try latch baby. First night wasn't tat pain cos painkiller hasn't really wear off but 2nd day omg I feel pain whenever I try to sit up n etc but no choice cos I m aso ask to try pee myself n walk to restroom w nurse help. It took me like 2 weeks to feel not tat pain getting up from bed n etc..

Yes agree. It is very common to have GD. Many of my friends had it... It can be managed v well. That being said, just do a check to have peace of mind.
I have managed to make an appt with kkh to do OGTT on tue .. will control on my diet .. Thanks ladies .

Tik I read someone asking after csect takes how long to b able to move.. Tik I first night I start moving but didn't get off the bed cos needs to try latch baby. First night wasn't tat pain cos painkiller hasn't really wear off but 2nd day omg I feel pain whenever I try to sit up n etc but no choice cos I m aso ask to try pee myself n walk to restroom w nurse help. It took me like 2 weeks to feel not tat pain getting up from bed n etc..

I think I more like muscle pain then the actual wound pain. In fact I can't even feel the wound pain haha I only encounter the muscle pain. Even cough also pain

@hi_mei: hmm. Most massage ladies wont touch c sec until at least 6 weeks (some more aggresive ones will tell you 4 week). Otherwise, they will just be massaging body and breast area without touching womb/hips - which IMHO defeats the purpose. I wont dare to take the risk of any m assage lady says they cam safely massage c sec area after 1 week

@hi_mei: hmm. Most massage ladies wont touch c sec until at least 6 weeks (some more aggresive ones will tell you 4 week). Otherwise, they will just be massaging body and breast area without touching womb/hips - which IMHO defeats the purpose. I wont dare to take the risk of any m assage lady says they cam safely massage c sec area after 1 week
Thanks for ur advice... Thought so too...

The massage lady told me c sect can massage after 1 week. Can meh?! Wouldn't it be super painful?

I don't even dare to massage. My first massage is 5 mths later n it was damn pain experience for mi especially my back. More pain then csect n having block ducts in the Breast

Yea he's super confident one! My case, u all know right. Bleeding la this & tht somemore with twins, but he's like so cool to let me go back to work & is ok with me walking around etc. of course only thing he warned me against is stress. Heh heh

I start my massage 3rd week during my confinement month. My ml is experienced n she no touch the wound n massage too hard on the tummy. But still I feel vy pain until the 7th session of my package I feel much better n there was when I had blood clots flow out. She said its dirty blood. I did hot stone massage , she is good.
Who post the dale tummy binder previously? I bot it at mustafa n it itch me until I surrender few days later, I literally scratch my itch until I got many scars.
Please check w ur dr whether does he or the hospital provides binder for u after birth. I know Tmc does but not parkway east hospital.

Back