Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

I personally think muslin is a lightly woven cotton cloth so therefore more 'airy' and breathable material to swaddle bb in without bb feeling too warm in our local weather --well not a must to hv but up to individual lah..yup bamboo seems to be the in thing but I still stick to this cos of cost factor for my case..you can of course choose what you want for ur bb:)
So much to learn!
Went baby fair to look see & was amused by how much stuff a tiny bb needs :)

really?!?!!!
Sigh...

After the jab, I stop spotting for 2 days and it returns ... sigh

My spotting incident lasted for over 3 weeks despite progesterone jabs everyday. High dosage some more. Don't worry. Rest more! Seriously bed rest helps. Less movement, more water & rest.

he is still there in icu..my mum/bro/sis there now..i cannot go cos hospital got lotsa germs..

yup got a pack of 4 @ $39.95 offer..usual price $79.90...I think pretty worth it now cos got 4 inside
Hope your father gets well soon!

really?!?!!!
Sigh...

After the jab, I stop spotting for 2 days and it returns ... sigh
Did u call KKH and let them know (abt persistent numbness ans that spotting didnt stop)? Just call tomorrow and see what they say. Better be kiasu and make sure all ok coz don't want to risk any infection as preggie alot of restrictions on meds if you need any plus to see if they need to increase yr dosage. Rest more dear!

Drink more milk to have enough calcium to protect mummy. During my preg I drink at least 3-4 cups of milk regardless of goat or cow milk per day. As I was diagnose to have GD I was told to drink low fat milk, my breakfast, tea break, lunch n before bed time I drink milk. Calcium is very important to mummy, coz ur bb is taking ur calcium. So to protect mummy muz drink lots of milk
Thank you for sharing. Wondering if I have enough nutrition because I am not eating well. Will check out milk. Didn't cross my mind as I was afraid if I might be lactose intolerant.

Last edited:
i take prenatal vit & dha as per doc recommendation. dha wif 200mg per capsule. i also bought GNC GoldMinds DHA 200, similar to doc recommendation. not sure dha content in GNC Salmon oil tho.
Thank you for sharing. Will go check out. It's great that your Dr gives you recommendation. My Dr only asks me to take folic acid.

Dear ladies, I have been taking 5 eggs/day prior to ET till now. But my indigestion is acting up. Almost wanted to puke (psychologically) when I see eggs. Wondering what kind of diet are you taking? Been having a poor appetite, and not gaining and sometimes losing weight too. Is there a formula powered milk kind of drink that you are taking to supplement?

Thank you for sharing. Wondering if I have enough nutrition because I am not eating well. Will check out milk. Didn't cross my mind as I was afraid if I might be lactose intolerant.

If u take those powder milk n feel like puking u can try fresh milk. U can try vanilla milk powder first if not ok then try chocolate milk powder. Can try annum milk powder but do note this milk powder will make u put on weight bcoz of the sugar content in it.

Dear ladies, I have been taking 5 eggs/day prior to ET till now. But my indigestion is acting up. Almost wanted to puke (psychologically) when I see eggs. Wondering what kind of diet are you taking? Been having a poor appetite, and not gaining and sometimes losing weight too. Is there a formula powered milk kind of drink that you are taking to supplement?

I think u can stop taking eggs le ba. Just eat more normal meals if u having morning sickness try to go ligh meals first to stop ur morning sickness than after that then slowly increase in the meals that u like.
For my case when I have my morning sickness, I avoid my fav hor fun n spaghetti when I eat it I feel like puke. So I go for French fries n I can eat it almost every day. That's my craving during that time lol

Thank you for sharing. Will go check out. It's great that your Dr gives you recommendation. My Dr only asks me to take folic acid.
as i am with KK, i was prescripted with folic only. only when come to T2, than they will recommend multi V. for the time being, just take normal meal. if dun feel good, take more meals but smaller portions.

I stopped eggs the moment I tested bfp. Seeing them makes me puke. I m drinking annum chocolate milk. For 1st Tri if can't eat much Cux of MS try to catch up during 2nd Tri. Don't b stress..

I lost 4kg I first trimester. Hated meat & everything else except vegetarian food & French fries & anythg to do with potatoes!
Now in 2nd trimester, have managed to gain 1kg in 3 weeks. Not a lot but I decided not to be too concerned about my weight. Instead I worry about my babies weight!
What I did with all the sample maternity milk is tht I made a list & slowly tried one by one to see which taste I'll prefer. So far I like Anmum, Frisomum & Enfamama. The most horrible is S26!
So do try out to see which one u like...den drink it. Diet with fruits & veggies shd be ok plus milk. Vits & supplements depend on ur body & baby's needs.

I lost 4kg I first trimester. Hated meat & everything else except vegetarian food & French fries & anythg to do with potatoes!
Now in 2nd trimester, have managed to gain 1kg in 3 weeks. Not a lot but I decided not to be too concerned about my weight. Instead I worry about my babies weight!
What I did with all the sample maternity milk is tht I made a list & slowly tried one by one to see which taste I'll prefer. So far I like Anmum, Frisomum & Enfamama. The most horrible is S26!
So do try out to see which one u like...den drink it. Diet with fruits & veggies shd be ok plus milk. Vits & supplements depend on ur body & baby's needs.
just learn that avacado juice is good for baby growth.

Did u call KKH and let them know (abt persistent numbness ans that spotting didnt stop)? Just call tomorrow and see what they say. Better be kiasu and make sure all ok coz don't want to risk any infection as preggie alot of restrictions on meds if you need any plus to see if they need to increase yr dosage. Rest more dear!

Speak of the devil... It stopped yesterday
I saw my GP and she mentioned the numbness on my thigh needle hole area might be they hit the nerve :( nothing much to be done just massage it

If u take those powder milk n feel like puking u can try fresh milk. U can try vanilla milk powder first if not ok then try chocolate milk powder. Can try annum milk powder but do note this milk powder will make u put on weight bcoz of the sugar content in it.
Thank you for your recommendations. Flavored milk definitely sounds more enticing to the taste buds. I was initially paranoid about milk, read from somewhere that milk prevents implantation because of the hormones, and thus stayed away from lactose for a long time. But I better get down to drinking milk now :)

I think u can stop taking eggs le ba. Just eat more normal meals if u having morning sickness try to go ligh meals first to stop ur morning sickness than after that then slowly increase in the meals that u like.
For my case when I have my morning sickness, I avoid my fav hor fun n spaghetti when I eat it I feel like puke. So I go for French fries n I can eat it almost every day. That's my craving during that time lol
I also thought so or at least reduce it. My DH has been diligently buying eggs ever since... hahaha. You have the same craving as my sister who gave birth 3 years back. She had no problem when she ate fast food, as compared to what is 'healthy food'. Shall go for light meals from now onwards. Thank you for sharing.

as i am with KK, i was prescripted with folic only. only when come to T2, than they will recommend multi V. for the time being, just take normal meal. if dun feel good, take more meals but smaller portions.
I am under Dr Loh who used to be from KKH. They seemed to be minimalist when it comes to vitamins. I was asking, "Dr, do I need to take calcium magnesium now?" and he goes like, "It is good to take but you don't need it now."

I am under Dr Loh who used to be from KKH. They seemed to be minimalist when it comes to vitamins. I was asking, "Dr, do I need to take calcium magnesium now?" and he goes like, "It is good to take but you don't need it now."
I saw Dr. Loh last wk..He asked me if I use oil to massage I say yes...and also told him I am taking elevit he say good..and also the vegetarian DHA. ..

I stopped eggs the moment I tested bfp. Seeing them makes me puke. I m drinking annum chocolate milk. For 1st Tri if can't eat much Cux of MS try to catch up during 2nd Tri. Don't b stress..
Thank you for empathising. I will try my best not to be stressed. I have been taking weight every morning, maybe that's why.

Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience. That is true! I will start writing in for milk samples. As I am writing this, I am starting to feel that, I need to be more optimistic and there is no vitamins for that... LOL...

I had spotting before pregnancy test and then again after that. Got me really demoralised. Dr explained that implantation is an ongoing process whereby the embies are trying to gain security. But if feel uncomfortable, will have to go get the jab. I also realised that I bled more after insertion of pearlies, and thus, making a conscious efforts to moisturise my fingers nowadays, which have gotten dry somehow.

I think i have the coolest doctor in town. I asked him if i needed to attend parent craft lessons. He said 'no'. Said he will teach me how to breathe on the day itself and the hospital has lots of midwives to help. :)

I think i have the coolest doctor in town. I asked him if i needed to attend parent craft lessons. He said 'no'. Said he will teach me how to breathe on the day itself and the hospital has lots of midwives to help. :)

Actually parent craft is good to attend especially for the first time parents. Not only did they teach u how to breathe those basic like how to help bb bath, how to burp bb, how to breast feed bb n etc... Will gain a lot de

I am starting to do some research on what will the newborn need. Aside of bb need, there is also mommy need. as i want to exclusively breast feed my bb, i need to invest on a double pump. anyone here has any recomendation? I heard medela is good, but it is very expensive.

I am starting to do some research on what will the newborn need. Aside of bb need, there is also mommy need. as i want to exclusively breast feed my bb, i need to invest on a double pump. anyone here has any recomendation? I heard medela is good, but it is very expensive.

I was an exclusive pumped for my #1. Used medela freestyle n loved it esp when I returned to work. If you don't mind 2nd hand ones, I think many people are selling it. Some even within warranty period Cux they give up bf-Ing b4 1 year is up.. Just buy all the new parts..

Actually parent craft is good to attend especially for the first time parents. Not only did they teach u how to breathe those basic like how to help bb bath, how to burp bb, how to breast feed bb n etc... Will gain a lot de

I agree. It's also for the experience.. Hahaha.. It's not something that we have many chances to do lor

I was an exclusive pumped for my #1. Used medela freestyle n loved it esp when I returned to work. If you don't mind 2nd hand ones, I think many people are selling it. Some even within warranty period Cux they give up bf-Ing b4 1 year is up.. Just buy all the new parts..
Hopeful, not sure of using second hand coz i heard medela is not a closed system.

Hopeful, not sure of using second hand coz i heard medela is not a closed system.

I think that's medela Pisa which is no longer in production. The one I used is freestyle. That one only has a motor n everything else is replaceable parts n the only parts that will have contact with bm is the connector, funnel and the pumping bottles.

That's what i thought too. I've not decided on taking lessons though. Hehe...

Ladies, I know most of us won't announce about our pregnancy until at least 1st trimester is over or Oscar results are out.

But for constant spotting that requires bedrest and medical leave, do u tell the boss/team mates the truth?

Yes. Its very light n portable. As for the bottle, u just need the wide neck bottle. I bot storage bottle from autumnz at the fair. 10bottles for $16.

Ladies, I know most of us won't announce about our pregnancy until at least 1st trimester is over or Oscar results are out.

But for constant spotting that requires bedrest and medical leave, do u tell the boss/team mates the truth?

For me, I will tell my boss about my pregnancy. Hopefully they can be understandable and allow me to work from home.

my next scan will be another 1 and a half mth later...by than will be wk 20...is that too long ?
So far, mine is once a month... I have already find it sooooo loooong... yours is one and a half mth.... to me.. I think it is really long as I would go crazy. mind sharing you are currently with which hospital or gynae......

Not sure it is because I'm still in my first tri... sigh.. waiting.. waiting and waiting.. endlessly waiting.

So far, mine is once a month... I have already find it sooooo loooong... yours is one and a half mth.... to me.. I think it is really long as I would go crazy. mind sharing you are currently with which hospital or gynae......

Not sure it is because I'm still in my first tri... sigh.. waiting.. waiting and waiting.. endlessly waiting.
i am with kk. before that was once a mth. yesterday did scan at ADC, next Dr appt is early may (without scanning). followed by detailed scan in early jun... so long waiting

i am with kk. before that was once a mth. yesterday did scan at ADC, next Dr appt is early may (without scanning). followed by detailed scan in early jun... so long waiting

I'm also from KK. Based on your case, sigh! I need to wait so long.. Alamak!

I'm also from KK. Based on your case, sigh! I need to wait so long.. Alamak!
i think it depends on whether seeing doc under subsidized or private suite..

at private suite, scanning is by e doc every visit whereas at subsidized clinic (think is clinic c or d), check up is by duty medical officers who dun do scanning..

Back