Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Hopeful, I shower everyday but with boiling herbs. How not to shower in our hot humid weather.. Will die man..
But I know a mummy in my nov group.she really didn't wash hair n shower for 30 days..omg sorry I cannot accept...

Need to negotiate with my mum lor.. Last round I can only manage 2-3 x a wk. U can't fight the empress.. So gonna go the soft approach.

Dear mummies...need to vent...jus had my 24 week appt with Dr loh...baby was measuring big and he wanted me to take the OGTT test at 27 week to rule out gestational diabetes...I am so sick and tired of Dr loh...he absolutely doesn't know how to communicate with his patients and his clinic is always so busy...he told me to stop eating and fast/pausa...can you believe it!...is this the way to talk to your patient?...plus he is so busy that he gets his sidekick Dr marianne henricks to small chat with us first and he comes on to do the scan and quickly parcels us back home...I am sick of him...should I change gynae at this juncture? The only reason I chose him was when I had to do my emergency c-sec with my daughter 3 years ago, he really did a wonderful job...no scarring or long term pain...

Dear mummies...need to vent...jus had my 24 week appt with Dr loh...baby was measuring big and he wanted me to take the OGTT test at 27 week to rule out gestational diabetes...I am so sick and tired of Dr loh...he absolutely doesn't know how to communicate with his patients and his clinic is always so busy...he told me to stop eating and fast/pausa...can you believe it!...is this the way to talk to your patient?...plus he is so busy that he gets his sidekick Dr marianne henricks to small chat with us first and he comes on to do the scan and quickly parcels us back home...I am sick of him...should I change gynae at this juncture? The only reason I chose him was when I had to do my emergency c-sec with my daughter 3 years ago, he really did a wonderful job...no scarring or long term pain...
Hi Vann, can understand. I am no longer his patient but still think he is a gd doctor. He can be quite curt at times depending on his mood. Depends on what u want; if u want a nice doctor there are a few out there on forum that others have recommended. But although Dr Loh sometimes seems quite cold, he will do the job well and delivers everything responsibly.

For OGTT, it is better to do the check than not. And yes, u have to fast for the test. A large baby is a potential sign of GD. Hope u don't mind my comments. Btw I was also asked to do OGTT even though I had a small baby and my urine sugar also normal at every check. But will still do it for safety reason, as no harm done.

Of course I done mind doing the OGTT and I know I have to fast for the day...but he told me to completely stop eating and puasa my whole pregnancy because baby is big...I hate the sarcasm!

Instead of giving me diet advises and telling me what to eat n what not to...u are telling me to puasa through my pregnancy!...I am livid!

Good morning ladies, I'll be doing my NT scan today. Do you know if my husband can accompany me or he has to wait outside? I've got constipation so I bought prune juice but I don't know how much to consume?

Good morning ladies, I'll be doing my NT scan today. Do you know if my husband can accompany me or he has to wait outside? I've got constipation so I bought prune juice but I don't know how much to consume?
Hi encahnted, your hubby can join in the scan room, he will be able to see baby in the monitor too

I normally pour 1/2 cup prune juice then top up 1/2 cup water to make 1 cup and drink ..cos if too much then poo will be like diarrheoa..(sorry tmi)

Instead of giving me diet advises and telling me what to eat n what not to...u are telling me to puasa through my pregnancy!...I am livid!
Vann, cool down. Perhaps the way he put it wasn't vy rite. Just cut down carbo n sweet stuffs gradually will do.
Some bb are big cos of genes. It's urs vy big or wat?

i'll be hving next appointment this Friday then dunno what he says ..maybe 2 weeks once..then once a week ..u more or less decide where to give birth in already?
every 2 wks sounds v fast.. quite anxious.
we sort of decided to give birth at TMC, but rooms we saw during hospital tour dun look v appealing... :confused: now just try to see n look look at other hospitals first.
u leh? which hospital?

Ron chubby and moo, thanks for the advise. Is manuka honey pausterized? I reas cant eat unpausterized honey?
i bought ntuc one too.. some normal honey, not manuka one, coz only for sore throat to drink with lemon.
sorry, dunno whether manuka honey is pasteurized or not... if not pasteurized then cannot eat ah?

haiya vann, by now we all shd be used to dr loh oredy. must take his comments with a pinch of salt.
my last visit he told me my bb in breech position, then i asked him how? he said just do caesarean loh. i commented my mum gave birth all natural, he said then ask ur mum to give birth loh... o_O
hubby n i decided to continue wif him coz we're confident in his skills and, despite his often yaya papaya talk, we know he dun take his responsibility lightly.
sometimes seeing the long queue, we really consider changing gynae, but for this first bb at least, we will tahan these few weeks.
if u dun wanna see dr marriane, i think u can just inform the nurse beforehand yar? we were upset once too, but i think actually we had the rite to reject.
whether u still want to change gynae or not, it's up to u coz the queue will never get shorter... just dun get too upset n cheer up yah! :) happy mummy = happy bb!

@straw1: i didn't check if pasteurised or not. Are you feeling better after seeing the doctor?

@vann: hi!! Our edd shld be close. Rant lah, you know he's a sacrastic joker. But for me although I bpf this round under him, i didnt choose him as my gynae. He's just too busy at the O&G and I want some TLC since it's a precious pregnancy. I don't think you will change but if you are seriously thinking of doing so, you can still probably do so if you find a gynae who can slot you in his/her delivery book since only 24weeks. Many other good gynaes outside too :) most of us who didnt deliver via dr Loh the 1st time round hv nice healed c-sec recovery. He's a good doctor and really cares for his patients but i cannot tahan the long wait in that hot& stuffy, and kinda disorganised chaos

Haiz get what u mean now... He is like that. Sometimes his jokes really quite off... If it really makes u upset then switch doctor...

Ida, Roland dun care whether we fat or skinny. He cares more on bb growth...lol I missed his nagging.

Haha! Thts true. He's focused on babies. But my last visit he was concerned about my weight possibly because it was a drastic loss & with twins he probably feels later not enough nutrients for them to grow.

every 2 wks sounds v fast.. quite anxious.
we sort of decided to give birth at TMC, but rooms we saw during hospital tour dun look v appealing... :confused: now just try to see n look look at other hospitals first.
u leh? which hospital?
I more or less NUH already...pte cannot afford..though NUH almost same as pte rate as im pte patient..but then got nicu so bbs are well covered..

Thanks gals...feels good to let some steam off...ya, by now i should be used to his annoying comments...but sometimes it really annoys the hella out of me...pls someone send him to some communication skills lesson!

Ya my gal is big...but my first one was also big...both me and my hubby are tall...esp hubby... he is 180 but the shortest in his family. Better to do the OGTT to rule out gestational diabetes.

I'll probably stick to him la...when it comes to the delivery...the actual crunch of it all....I know he is a very skilled surgeon...jus have to be deaf to all his comments for another 3 1/2 months!

do we still need to continue with folic acid if reach T2? forget to ask Dr yestherday....
the mulitV that i am taking already has 0.2mg FA

Hi mummies, im having a bad headache... can i take panadol? Currently 10.5 weeks preggy... thanks!

hi i took once when i was having a terrible headache... was advised by my dr that it's okay to take if the pain is unbearable.... however don't take panadol extra... frd of mine got hospitalised after taking those... too strong for preg bodies..

hi mummies... can i ask if another here signed up for insurance policies (other than the one from great eastern)? understood from them that the coverages as below:
Level 2 ward - $150/day/baby
Level 3 ward (ICU) - $300/day/baby

heard of mummies bills that can cost up to $2k/day for her baby in ICU due to pre matured birth... $300 coverage seems too little....

@straw1: i didn't check if pasteurised or not. Are you feeling better after seeing the doctor?

@vann: hi!! Our edd shld be close. Rant lah, you know he's a sacrastic joker. But for me although I bpf this round under him, i didnt choose him as my gynae. He's just too busy at the O&G and I want some TLC since it's a precious pregnancy. I don't think you will change but if you are seriously thinking of doing so, you can still probably do so if you find a gynae who can slot you in his/her delivery book since only 24weeks. Many other good gynaes outside too :) most of us who didnt deliver via dr Loh the 1st time round hv nice healed c-sec recovery. He's a good doctor and really cares for his patients but i cannot tahan the long wait in that hot& stuffy, and kinda disorganised chaos
Ron, not any better. I think medicine is not stromg enough

I was Dr.Loh's patient too, few month ago changed to KKH as subsidized patient, nothing wrong with him, I just wanted to save some money.

He was busy always and each appointment's talking time very very short. I think because of he is getting busier with more patients ba, so sometimes use the inappropriate words, so don't be feel offended.

We r pregnant and hormones imbalance, more sensitive. It's ok, relax.... Take a deep breath and forget it.

OGTT must do, I got GD which I didn't know, after OGTT then KKH doc admitted me to ward to control my blood sugar. High blood sugar must under control, otherwise baby may get Diabetics type I or other complications, we all don't want our lovely baby to suffer right? So pls go for the test and control your diet (puasa abit ;p).

Dr. Loh is very professional, no need to change Gynae if u can afford. I was paying $100+ for every routine check up with Dr.Loh. Now with KKH as subsidized patient, only $30+. Some more, I am having a high risk pregnancy, besides my own complications, baby may needs to stay in NICU, I can't afford private hospital/doctor bill. Therefore I changed to KKH.

Vann, cheer up! Everyday is a beautiful day~~ :)

Dear ladies, has anyone started taking fish oil and calcium supplements? I was searching online and found GNC Salmon oil and not sure if it is good?

Drink more milk to have enough calcium to protect mummy. During my preg I drink at least 3-4 cups of milk regardless of goat or cow milk per day. As I was diagnose to have GD I was told to drink low fat milk, my breakfast, tea break, lunch n before bed time I drink milk. Calcium is very important to mummy, coz ur bb is taking ur calcium. So to protect mummy muz drink lots of milk

I was Dr.Loh's patient too, few month ago changed to KKH as subsidized patient, nothing wrong with him, I just wanted to save some money.

He was busy always and each appointment's talking time very very short. I think because of he is getting busier with more patients ba, so sometimes use the inappropriate words, so don't be feel offended.

We r pregnant and hormones imbalance, more sensitive. It's ok, relax.... Take a deep breath and forget it.

OGTT must do, I got GD which I didn't know, after OGTT then KKH doc admitted me to ward to control my blood sugar. High blood sugar must under control, otherwise baby may get Diabetics type I or other complications, we all don't want our lovely baby to suffer right? So pls go for the test and control your diet (puasa abit ;p).

Dr. Loh is very professional, no need to change Gynae if u can afford. I was paying $100+ for every routine check up with Dr.Loh. Now with KKH as subsidized patient, only $30+. Some more, I am having a high risk pregnancy, besides my own complications, baby may needs to stay in NICU, I can't afford private hospital/doctor bill. Therefore I changed to KKH.

Vann, cheer up! Everyday is a beautiful day~~ :)

With or without the pregnancy hormone, I believe Dr loh can communicate better with his patients.

How can you tell a pregnant woman to fast??..or pausa a bit??...what if she gets hypoglycemic...I think eat healthier and eliminate sugar is a better way to put it.

Hi... I've been under Dr Roland from the start of my ivf journey till now, at 3 months plus preggy.
Are u seeing him too?
Hi Idazahs,

Can you PM me about him?

I'm under prof Ng. But I'm not happy he always travelling. Then I have to plan according to his schedule. So I request to switch. Then the nurse recommend Dr Roland.
Thank you.

Mtbs...yesterday at check up my doc ask me go for this OGTT and he said gp does it? Hv anyone done it with gp before?

hi mummies... can i ask if another here signed up for insurance policies (other than the one from great eastern)? understood from them that the coverages as below:
Level 2 ward - $150/day/baby
Level 3 ward (ICU) - $300/day/baby

heard of mummies bills that can cost up to $2k/day for her baby in ICU due to pre matured birth... $300 coverage seems too little....

Yes the rate for nicu very high hor...nuh charges $2k a day (if mum is in ward a cos bb ties with mum ward)..i did not get any other insurance besides that...a lot of other companies dun cover ivf bbs..and well i didn really go check further...

TGIF Finally! To all mtbs, enjoy your weekends with your loved ones!
Yesterday after my appointment i went pre natal massage already...so relaxing for 1 hr until i almost snored lolololol..then went shop a bit got more bb stuffs..

Oooo btw, if anyone looking for muslin clothes can try mothercare now, i went the one at paragon, got offer..a pack of 4 aden + anais muslin clothes selling about $30+ even cheaper than online i saw $40+...im not a mothercare member so not sure if got extra discount not..

Yesterday after my appointment i went pre natal massage already...so relaxing for 1 hr until i almost snored lolololol..then went shop a bit got more bb stuffs..

Oooo btw, if anyone looking for muslin clothes can try mothercare now, i went the one at paragon, got offer..a pack of 4 aden + anais muslin clothes selling about $30+ even cheaper than online i saw $40+...im not a mothercare member so not sure if got extra discount not..
May I ask?
What's this "muslin" material I keep hearing/reading abt? What special function does this material have? Must all bb stuff preferably be this material? I thought bamboo fibre is the in-thing now?

I more or less NUH already...pte cannot afford..though NUH almost same as pte rate as im pte patient..but then got nicu so bbs are well covered..
true, for twins I think better stick to govt hospital, altho NUH is quite far from ur place...
if i got twins, i would surely switch to kkh.

May I ask?
What's this "muslin" material I keep hearing/reading abt? What special function does this material have? Must all bb stuff preferably be this material? I thought bamboo fibre is the in-thing now?
I personally think muslin is a lightly woven cotton cloth so therefore more 'airy' and breathable material to swaddle bb in without bb feeling too warm in our local weather --well not a must to hv but up to individual lah..yup bamboo seems to be the in thing but I still stick to this cos of cost factor for my case..you can of course choose what you want for ur bb:)

true, for twins I think better stick to govt hospital, altho NUH is quite far from ur place...
if i got twins, i would surely switch to kkh.
I did considered kk b4 but as all my records in nuh I tot follow up with them lor...and I also tot nuh more 'hotel' feel lol..dunno...its all in the mind:p

Had a fun time today at the baby fair!!!! But don't buy diapers there. Ntuc selling same px except w/o freebies
was thinking to go look look a while since so near but changed my mind cos my dad was admitted to icu yesterday ..u got any good buys? a lot of ppl ma?

was thinking to go look look a while since so near but changed my mind cos my dad was admitted to icu yesterday ..u got any good buys? a lot of ppl ma?

Oh, is ur dad ok? Yesterday crowd was manageable Cux I was there early. I got quite a bit of Mustela n baby safe stuff, some clothes. Got the organic cotton ones, California bb lotion etc..

Btw u mentioned abt Aden at MC. Is it the swaddles? How much is MC selling?

he is still there in icu..my mum/bro/sis there now..i cannot go cos hospital got lotsa germs..

yup got a pack of 4 @ $39.95 offer..usual price $79.90...I think pretty worth it now cos got 4 inside

Hellooooo
May I know if any of you gals had the progesterone jab at KKH before? I had mine 100ml on mon and till today the patch on my thigh still numb .. at the same time I'm having localised skin allergy reaction to the plaster they used ard my needle hole ...
Any exp on the numbness?

Hellooooo
May I know if any of you gals had the progesterone jab at KKH before? I had mine 100ml on mon and till today the patch on my thigh still numb .. at the same time I'm having localised skin allergy reaction to the plaster they used ard my needle hole ...
Any exp on the numbness?
kammy maybe they hit the nerve ..

Hellooooo
Any exp on the numbness?
I'm on dosage 500 twice a week. So far the numbness will disappear by the end of the day.
Nurse said to use hot towel to massage the jab site.
Plaster to remove after 2 hrs.

Back