Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

mist
ya he can finish. in fact not enuf leh.. cos it last him short while only, then hungry again.. cos its fruits only.. if we adults only eat fruits for a meal, also very fast hungry right? so i top up with rice cereal to make him full..
what u usually feed ur bb? come come share ur recipe..

esther, you mean you use avo as a meal for your boy? no right? meant to be fruits after or in between meals right?

teresa ville? chij? radin mas? hahhaa...all sounds alien to me le
happy.gif
in fact when you gals talk about staying where and where I absolutely have no idea where you are talking about! hhahhaha... i stay about 15mins walk from tiong bahru at jervois side... so from here, which direction are you huh?

clarissa
ya i use it as a meal for him. cos lazy la.. haha! But i add in rice cereal, so shld be ok ..
u know where bukit purmei is? im around there. what u usualy give ur bb, share with us too..
happy.gif

Clarissa: Oh i know where u stay, pte apartment/bungalow/terrace near to the ESSO Station? I stay further down abit of Fraser Suite, near to the main road infront of delta ave.

Esther: Ok sure...next time i on leave or MC i chio u go...hahahahha. Any msn? I only chat at night. Work place forbid, but can still chat in Gmail chat.

esther,
wah, not enough huh, your boy got good appetite hor? hehehe.... if i'm at home, i will give my boy 1 fruit meal and 2 porridge meal lah... but not a big portion lah... i suspect my boy can eat more now, cos he seems to wake up once in the middle of the night now.

i dun hv many receipe leh, basically i just double boil the pork (bau tau) w the rice, to make porridge loh, then add whatever vege etc later. Me not very innovative... hehehe

i bless u,
ay, on mc, still can go out huh?? hahaha.. you plan your mc huh??/ ;p

clarissa,
ay, your place is it near the Jia xiang restaurant huh?

mist: Hhahhaha....errr...not enough leave leh boh pian....working mums leave very precious. MC also need to eat =P

mist: Ok u be the first one i CHIO...kekeke
Btw, u work novea sq, good hor there got many shopping. hahaha

a good indoor playground for intro to u mummies!!!
Very fun, my boy play till 'crazy'..
www.gogobambini.com

wow food...interesting topic
happy.gif
me quite crazy over what food to give to son cos i abit paranoid over his wts. (my boy born small at 2.4kgs and now at 8mths, he still very thin lor - just 8.3kgs..8.3kgs for the longest time! sicne about 7mths..dunno why never increase one????..is it cos he keep walking about non stop??? sigh! how heavy are all your kids huh?)

my boy is 8mths plus abit. lunch will normally give brown rice/white rice/millet + toufu (always) + 2 vege + 1 meat or fish (meat is either chix/pork and fish is either cod/salmon/threadfinj. than before serving, will sprinkle anchovy powder..

dinner will be 1 type of cereal (barley or rice or oatmeal or mixed grain) + 2 vege. Sometimes i give main meal potatoes (+1 side vege - normally carrots/peas) for dinner.

in between meals, snacks he will have cheese/yoghurt+fruits or boiled pumpkin/carrots/potatoes/sweet potatoes/biscuits

will give 1 serving of fruits, if i am more hardworking, 2 servings (pear/apples/peaches/banana/prunes.. i wanna give fresh apricots but never seen before le )

my next mission is to give asparagus soon. when he reaches 9mths, i wanna give french beans, split peas, yolk, avocado and beef. than comes pasta! wow... I am looking forward to his exciting food journey!

i bless you - correct i stay next to esso. down fraser will be cosmopolitan liao right? not?

mist - eeerrr... wheres that rest?

i bless you - you been to this gogo thingie? fun not? suitable for 8mths? at damsey very happening le.. can go coffee or nice wine there!

clarissa,
aiyo, 8.3kg. very good weight what... my boy 7+ mths, 7.75kg only leh.. and his birth weight was 3.2kg hor!!! think dun need to worry too much lah, as long as he's eating normally, shd be fine. me come across as quite bo chap hor?? hehehe... actually sometimes weight is just a gauge loh, every baby is different.

hehehe... think becos you are SAHM, so you tend to plan what to give when he reach certain mth etc. i think so far i've given banana, apple, papaya, potato, sweet potato, carrot, green peas, heng chye, pork flavour porridge, chicken flavour porridge. i didn blend/puree the meat leh, should we huh??? hehehe see, my boy dun hv much variety hor?? ;p

Clarissa no lah, i not that rich i stay HDB flat hahaha.

gogobambini is good, errr...8mths+ old baby can only play at the pool of balls area. Not advisable to go at the big area of maze, tunnels n slidse. My son 20mth now i still climb up with him and guide him along, and slide down with him. Alot of rowdy kids there so to be safe go on a weekday lor not so crowded. V fun and shack going along play. But good ways to make them shack and excerise..hahhaa.

Mist: my boy now only 10kg, fussy eater. Up till now i still buy baby jar food for him add in bread or cornflakes eat. hahaha.

mist - i am working le...full time
happy.gif
you find it strange i can plan what my boy eats? cos like i say, i paranoid! somemore hor, i am very KS one... hahha, i hear what my friends give than i will go check out that food. if good, i give also..hahaha.. i read "super baby foods". good book to educate on what to give and when.. worth reading. In fact, i enjoy it very much! esp the part on grains and yoghurt
happy.gif

when my boy's a newborn, i see him sooo small, than i compare him and see other kids.. wow! so big.. i was so worried. i remembered after giving birth during hospital stay, i keep walking to the nursery to peer at my boy. Until the nurses there all knows me and keep telling me not to worry about his wts. he is 8+kgs now but hor, still look very thin and small compared to other kids his age lor.

i bless you - i kind of know where you stay. just accross the road from me. SUPER near
happy.gif
oh.. so meant for toddlers. cool location to have a gym
happy.gif

mist - if you dun blend/puree the meats, than how do you give meats? for me, its cooked in rice cooker everything dump in than when wanna eat, sieve. easier than blending
happy.gif
why don't you give fish? threadfin cod and salmon are all good. esp salmon cos of omega 3 fats which is supposed to aid brain devt. i think can give yoghurt and cheese too!

i bless you - no home cooked stuff for your boy? should try to give him some lor. personally i think the nutritional value is somewhat different. its very easy to prepare! hard vege just steam/boil and they will turn so soft to sieve. than can serve liao! give yoghurt and cheese too!

hah! i am an advocate for cheese and yoghurt. i think they are great foods for babies/toddlers
happy.gif

wah so many posts! My boy 10 mths wgt around 9kg. He doesnt eat jar food leh.. im scratching my head what to give him as im gg on a tour with him soon. Mummies any advice? what u all give when u bring them on tour?

i bless u
my msn [email protected]. add me pls, and any other mummies have msn, pls add me too. Anyone onz for tim sum this thurs? if u r keen, just cut n paste n put in ur name ok..

Day/Date: THUR 1 Nov
Time: 11.30am
Venue: River city restaurant @ Excelsior hotel (near city hall mrt)
Highlight: Tim Sum - 30 Items at only $11.90++ Per Pax
1) esther n randal
2)
3)
4)
5)

mist
ya now my boy eats more. When he is getting hungrier more quickly.. so i increased the feeds and he can actually finish it!

Gogobambini is more suitable for kids older. more for walking toddlers. 1 yr n below not so suitable for them. actually i know of an indoor playgym at FORUM, only costs $20 for 2 years... super cheap rite?

Tdy i went kidzloft n enjoyed 50% off items. Bought a bed rail, bibs, sing along VCD etc.. Really good discount, but only valid on baby's 1st year birthday month. U all heard of this place... Mediacorp mummies like zoe tay n others patronise this place too. Next week, they r having a storewide 50% discount! Anyone want to get anything??

esther,
aiyah, next time book me early... hehehe me how lian. hehehe cos that day i happen to be on PM leave, and got appt liao... ;p another day perhaps.

clarissa,
oh, you working huh?? i thot i saw SAHM, think i confused liao.... i currently put the pork etc, for flavour, didn blend it leh.... maybe i will try to blend and feed my ah boy then. hehehe...

wow, you very on leh, still walk over to see your boy in the nursery during hospital stay... me just stay in bed, anyway i had c section, so i hv to stay in bed loh. if i walk hor, i think will take at least half an hour to reach the nursery man!!!

Clarissa: Weekdays daytime is often ourside food for my son as i'm working and my MIL doesnt cook, eat outside for lunch. She only cook dinner. My son is always at GWC or TB Plaza or Bt Merah on weekdays...kai kai and lunch with my MIL & FIL. He is wellknown in 'That CD Shop' in both GWC n TB Plaza, often go in and dance when there's rock n pop music.

Once i went in with my son, the Sales staff told me she know my son often saw him hahhaha...cos my Parent in law often bring him in to listern to songs and dance. I stay with them. Weekend sometimes i cook porridge in the morning, or give bread. Ya i do give cheese and yoghurt, his fav and banana too. Oh Kiwi is good too for babies n toddlers. Vitamin C.

Esther: i'm working cant join u gals for tim sum. Enjoy eh
happy.gif

tim sum
seems like a lot cannot make it on weekday, maybe weekend perhaps? but usually weekend family day rite, so i guess another time lor.

mist
i also had c-sec. the first few steps were so painful i almost cried. Even walking from the hospital bed to the toilet was such a nightmare.. even now, sometimes i feel a tingling pain around the c-sec slit. Do u also feel it, or it has healed completely?
Why u had c-sec? medical reason or personal preference? mine was doc advice cos of low placenta

Why not make the dim sum on weekend???

Esther is it really painful for C section??? i had normal birth and 1st 2 week i was like OMG!!!!!!! i cannot sleep well or even sit well.... i don even dare to go to the wash room...

esther,
yeah, going to toilet takes me ages man, i think i need half an hour in the toilet, before i could "walk" out of the toilet!! oh, my gynae lah, she's very pro for natural birth, as she felt that the recovery is faster and less complicated lah. anyway, mine was emergency c section, cos after induced, and full dilated, still cannot see the head of my boy. My pelvic too small and narrow lah, so after pushing for a while, to try to see if can position him abit, still cannot loh, so kena "cut up" loh.... gynae already told me, for #2 baby, also need to go cut up lah.... hahaha

sometimes if i assert too much strength, yes, can feel abit tingling somewhere around there.

Esther: U said that u blend avocado with apple, do u mix in some milk to blend? or just avocado n apple? so dry can bend meh? What do u use to blend? Fruit juice blender?

i bless u
i add in some plain water to blend. Dont use milk, cos the avo is oredi ver creamy. and i also wanted to give bb to taste the full flavour of avo. I bought a blender which is very handy n useful for bb food. bought it at tangs for $69. last time i used to use the philips one, but it was so big, n bb portions are so small, thus hard to blend properly. this one from tangs is very useful, cos its compact, so it blends the small amounts of food well.

priscilla
c-sec was reall painful for me lor. but i guess natural birth also pain, but recover faster. But natural birth have to go thru the labour pains, whilst c-sec dont need. SO its PAIN either ways. Just that its BEFORE birth pain or AFTER birth pain.
Tim sum weekend is fine for me too.

mist
ur gyn told u 2nd one will have to go c-sec again? Why? i was told by my gyn that even though 1st one is by c-sec, i can still go for 2nd one natural birth.

clarrisa
im onz for bringing out kids to play this week. got any where to suggest?

i bless u
the small blender can also grind food into powder form. e.g ikan bilis powder, brown rice powder, green bean powder etc.. i like it a lot!

Esther: My MIL says must put HL milk not water to the avocado..aiya let them go n add watever...now my son is older, let him try creamier lor. Maybe they also want to eat..hahahha.

esther,
yeah, cos it's due to my small and narrow structure of pelvic bone lah.... so chances are my 2nd one also need c section, unless the baby is less than 2.6kg, then maybe got chance to deliver naturally.

wow, your blender sounds great!! show show pix... btw, wanna ask you how you cook pork porridge leh?? i steam and grind the pork, then put in the porridge, but my ah boy dun seems to like leh..

i bless u
ya let him try with milk, maybe he like it..

here is the pic. i place my hand against it so u could see the actual size of the blender. Go tangs, they always have promoter doing a demonstration of how to use it. Can cut chilli, garlic etc.. Can also make soya bean milk leh.. It comes in 4 plastic container. The one in the pic is the small platic container. It also has 2 cutters. 1 is for cutting wet foods(blend porrigde), the other is for grinding dry food (ikan bilis powder).
1046630.jpg

mist
do u only put pork in porrigde? cos it might b a bit blend thus ur bb dun like it. maybe try adding other stuff. usually i just boil the pork stock, then add in other stuff like corn n onion/carrot. it will have more taste to it.

Esther
have u tried grinding ikan bilis powder....how u do it....do u have to fry e ikan bilis first b4 grinding it to powder form???

ivena
first i remove the head n intestines of the ikan bilis. Then i rinse them. Then dry them a while in sun. Then i toast them in oven toaster to dry them completely n cook them a bit. Then throw it into the blender to blend.. I keep the powder in fridge. Everytime i cook porrigde, i throw in a bit of the powder. Very convenient. Grinding them into powder is good, cos the bones n all will be eaten up by baby.

Esther: This looks familiar...my FIL got buy b4 think, they mention can grind soya beans too. Must go home check. Thanks for the pic.

Ivena: No need to fry the ikan bilis. Just use the uncooked dried ones. My FIL grind b4 for me. No need to wash either if not wet wet spoil liao.

I'm on leave on this fri afternoon, shall we meet up? We can go GWC have lunch at 'Say Cheese' want?Esther? Clarissa?

i bless u
haha.. this method taught by my mum.. so i just follow lor. If u dont wash before u grind, then ur bb will be eating the unwashed one. cos u cannot wash the powder right? Remember that the ikan bilis is handled by many people and transported to many places before it finally reaches ur hand. Its up to ur choice
happy.gif

i bless u
Im ONZ for friday-2 Nov. ok we go GWC "Say cheese". always see it but havent tried before. meet 12noon at GWC?

Day/Date: FRIDAY ,2 November
Time: 12 noon (OK??)
Venue: Great world city
Highlight: Lunch at "Say cheese" restaurant
1)i bless u n baby
2)esther n randal
3)
4)
5)
6)

Day/Date: FRIDAY ,2 November
Time: 1:30pm(Not so crowded, if 12noon lunch crowd)
Venue: Great world city
Highlight: Lunch at "Say cheese" restaurant
1)i bless u n Jovan
2)esther n randal
3)
4)
5)
6)

Re: Ikan Bilis powder

My son is 'la sup chia, la sup tua' hahahhaha. Anyway we will be boiling the porridge n all germs will be killed mah.

restaurant
hey mummies anyone has nice restaurant to recommend?my hubby bday coming soon n thinking of bringing him somewhere new for dinner.

Back