Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

esther - ikan bilis powder i never take out the head le. i jus wash many many times oven toast than grind. never sun tann the ikan also
happy.gif

esther - try the cliff at beaufort sentosa. super nice food and embiance. call early to make reservations for good seat overseeing the sea
happy.gif
otherwise, if you like greeens view, try halia restaurant at botanical gdns. food is super. Nice wine too! but this is abit costly. for something mid range and nice embiance, try al dente at esplanade. ask for rooftop seat. nice embiance. Food ok only. wine is good. aiyo..i sound like an alcoholic..hahahah...as if everywhere wine also good.

GWC i can go too! cos need to head cold storage get salmon and whatsever too. 130 is ok. but i got 1 question. how to eat with the kid huh? normally if i eat out, someone gotta carry/take care of kid than the other person eat. cant eat and take care same time le. at how do you gals go GWC? take cab too near. walk too far. how?

esther,
i saw this blender before... but i already bought philip, need to always blend in bulk, else cannot blend properly. must remove head and intestine, but dry ikan billis, how to remove intestine?

regarding restaurant, can try menotti at raffles city... nice!!

i bless u,
aiyah, me working on friday... another day lah.. hehehe...

mist: By the time u take out the intestine of the ikan bilis, left nothing liao, no need to blend ;p
Take 'MC' lah join us =P

Clarissa: Take taxi walk too far, with ur baby worse, heavy! Do u hav maid, if so bring along. Lucky my boy can sit baby chair now, so i got no prob. I will take cab fr my workplace go GWC. Will ask my FIL drive my son there.

i bless u
u r still in office at this unearthly hour? N u work till 4AM?? gosh, what line are u in?

clarissa
ur baby 8 mths rite? can sit high chair? or u can put him in pram then u can eat? Usually i bring my helper out to take care of R. I taking bus 65 from my house straight to GWC, only a few bus stops.

Day/Date: FRIDAY ,2 November
Time: 1:30pm(Not so crowded, if 12noon lunch crowd)
Venue: Great world city
Highlight: Lunch at "Say cheese" restaurant
1)i bless u n Jovan
2)esther n randal
3)clarrisa n baby (ONZ rite?)
4)
5)
6)

Esther: Yes man...sharks so tired..so u better chat more with me here, keep me awake.

I work in a law firm, and my boss meeting just started at 10PM and they going to have signing of four agreements tonight!!! They will have conference call too with other party till mayb 3AM!!! I have to wait here for her to give instructions, print or amend documents. Sianz..

esther - bring maid along? sounds ok. but i tot thats abit strange. normally when i meet friends up, i just bring baby. than my friends eat and i just take a drink and take care of my little one and chat at the same time.

stroller - he don't like. always wanna climb out after awhile. high chair? just awhile. than he get bored and wanna get down to walk or mess ard. so the restaurant needs to have several high chairs ready for us? hahaha

my boy sounds difficult yes
happy.gif
hahhaha

i was a counsellor. Working with parents with young children. Then after kid, i left my job to become a stay at home mum.

esther - halia rest always changes they menu. i think quarterly. its mainly asian with a tinge of ang mo stlye. not totally fusion though. some foods with ginger. very nicely whipped up. i dunno how to describe. its just nice lor. but comparatively i will still think cliff is better. cliff serves french. and i tell you...each and every dish just melts in your food. and its sooo diff from what others serve. its like everytime i was there i will really wonder how on earth anyone can cook such good food!

i bless you - wow still working. i hope this is once in a blue mooon kinda thingie?
happy.gif
else sian!

Clarissa: Yeah it's once in a blue moon thingy.

Yeah i can go off now!!! My boss says signing not going to happen tonight.

Btw, I will try to book the resturant 'Say Cheese' on thur and book high chair for the kids.

i bless u
bye bye... hope u can take time off, for working so late..

clarissa
same here, when i put my boy on high chair, he will start banging the plastic table(if it has one) or fidgeting. I give him something to disract him, but it works for a while only. Then he start to throw things on the floor! Real headache!! I imagine if i bring him out alone, i can't do anything else except entertain him. So mostly will bring helper along lor. Then at least i can sit down properly to eat something
wa, u say until this halia restaurant so fantastic leh!! they shd start paying u to advertise for them! hee..

esther - thats why i was wondering how to eat with kids ard
happy.gif
i got 2 more questions. when you bring your kiddo out during his meal times, how huh? like initially when you suggested 12pm, your kiddo eats out too? you will pack his lunch? cos for me, i avoid gg out during his meal times. otherwise if really bo bian, than just give cereal + banana outside. no porr outside yet
happy.gif
by the way, my son hor, dun drink milk outside one. very headache! now is better cos he starts eating solids. last time hor, very headache. every 3 hrs must go home for his milk.

than the other queesion - what age you start giving yolks? i am thinking of giving yolks this friday. but he's not 9mths yet le. just 8.5. can give?

esther, i say till 'the cliff' like super. think you mis-read between teh 2 la
happy.gif
but of cos, halia not bad too.. another alternative which I like is michaelangelo at chip bee gdns. theres a whole host of rest. at chip bee gdns. most of the foods and wines there not bad lor
happy.gif

clarissa
i bring his meals out. Be it porridge or cereal. U got tiger jar? Its very good, keeps food HOT (i mean HOT, not just warm)for a long time. I put the porridge in it n bring out. My boy also dun like to drink FM, be it at home or outside. It happened ever since i started solids. Think he prefers solids as it is tastier! So now he only drinks 1 FM a day. When i give him banana rice cereal i will add in 1 scoop of FM too! Same for cheese rice cereal, will also add in 1 scoop of FM.
If u aviod going out during his mealtimes, isnt it very restrictive for u? Then each time can only go out 3-4 hours only. Then gotta rush home.. Try la, pack his food out, they are usually fine eating home cooked food outside.
Yolks i started around 9 mths. I think 9 shd be safe. Ur boy now 8.5, so hang on 2 weeks more. Then u will feel safe to feed him
happy.gif

Yes i can claim. Staying till 9+pm for tonight then ask another coll take over. My hubby outsation, need to go back look after my boy, he will woke up in between his sleep.

Ester
can e tiger jar really cook porridge cos i saw in other threads tt some mummies jus put rice n water in e jar...n in an hr or so...it will be cooked into porridge....very tempting to buy e jar but find tt its rather ex....

i bless u,
ay "MC" huh, dun want lah... need to keep it for really emergency de-stress time... hehehe... anyway, i happen to be on time off on thurs liao, so cannot afford to "MIA" for so many days lah, work will pile up one. hehehe... another time okay. Btw, you gals remember to post your gathering pix okay, then i can put a face to the name, then next time can say hi, if i happen to bump into you gal at tiong bahru!!! hehehe

btw, what happen to other mummies huh, like priscilla, berrysweet? hehehe

clarissa,
then your "outing" always short short loh, cos your boy dun like to drink outside? ay, why huh?? is it seldom bring him out?

ester,
wow, drinks only 1 FM?? can tahan huh?? me now thinking to intro FM, cos cannot keep up w my boy's demand liao.... now he has 5 feeds, plus porridge and fruits meal. i need to express 3 bottles for him in the office, now i can only manage 2 bottles.

esther - whats tiger jar huh? i bought air tight containers to put his food if gg out for meals. yah i think he is ok with eating solids outside. cos hor, my boy for dinner MUST eat by the pool! else he dun wan dinner! you say siao not? sigh... milk cannot take outside lor. your boy only take 1 time milk? enough meh? cos i heard other mummies saying each day at least 500ml after starting solids? how much milk he take that feed? its the feed before sleep? your boy can last whole nite no feeds? my boy cant le.. last nite he dinner at 630..sleep at 8+, 11pm wan milk..than this morning 4am wan milk also. me 1st time trying let him wake up on own for milk and i find it very tiring lor. cos normally what i do is, i will just give milk at 9+ and 1am before i sleep..than his next feed will be 6am.. so at least i no need wake up mid of nite to feed.. but i tot no good cos his sleep interupted...so let him own time own target but than my sleep interupted lor.. like that how? sigh... wana try give milk at 12am...than see if can last till morning...

i am looking forward to meeting you gals...than can exchange tips on parenting..me quite blur on being a good mother... hahah... me hor, anyhow whack one le.. by the way, i never shower my kid one le..my hubby does it.. than my hubby hor..damn funny. he use the sprinkle to shower not the baby tub..

me just back from office also. though on leave... cant claim...

mist - aiyo...not le.. every weekend also go out. he very 'hong sim' one.. once he see got alot of ppl or things to play with..dun wan milk liao lor. yah my oyutings always very short. else come back drink milk than out again lor

mist you still expressing milk? me stopped when boy was coming 8mths. less than a month back..than hor, the breast wow machaim shrink so fast.. now still shrinking. and its such a bliss no need to express milk lor.. wow can eat and whack anything i like...best part is can drink wine! hahhaah

My boy's feeds:

7+am Milk 210ml
9+am Milk 150-180ml
10+am Half or 1 piece of Bread or eat 2-3 Chwee Kueh
12+pm Half bowl of noodle or rice
3+pm Milk 180ml & some snacks eg biscuits bread or whipped potaote (depends on my MIL buy what for teabreak)
5:30pm Half bowl of rice (occasionally few mouth don't eat liao)
7pm Milk 150-180ml
8+pm Milk 20ml (this one is for 'song' only)
2+am or 4+am Milk 210 ml but i put in half sccop more of milk powder to make thicker so that he will be full and sleep longer and not wait up for 2nd night feeding.

During the course of the day will have yohgurt n fruits as well.

R feeding schedule is like this
7am: BM
11am: Porridge
2pm: rice cereal(fruits)
5pm: Porrigde
8pm: FM
10pm: BM

i bless you - wow your boy eats well man! no not working part time. working full time. but i asked to work 1 day out from hm. so normally either monday or friday worked from hm lor.. and work from hm is really working one lor. i always ask my maid to pretend i am not at hm. mon-thur my son daytime i bring to MIL house. MIL and maid takes care of him. so my MIL gets 3 rest days in a week. This week MIL holidaying in china. Actually this is my busy week. but bo bian what. cant tell MIL sya cannot go holidays right?

Clarissa: But he is still v skinny, perhaps he is very hyperactive or like his daddy young time v skinny. Ok time for lunch catch u gals later.

oh so esther your kid feeds once Fm and the rest BM. i tot only one milk feed
happy.gif

i work at city hall side. in the MICE industry. been in this industry for a decade long! so you all can imagine how old i am now
happy.gif
this is a bitchy industry lo. dunno how a nice person like me can survive so long in this industry le.. maybe cos i bo chap one.

priscilla
ya join us join us!

clarrisa
tiger jug can be bought at places like tangs, taka, etc. the price a bit exp lor, but i feel its a good investment cos it is really useful when u want to go out for long hours. Yes i heard tiger jug can be used to cook porridge, but so far i never tried before. Maybe shal find 1 day to try, if it really works i tell u ok..
ur boy still works up many times in the night for feeds.. so tiring for u. My boy sleeps thru from 10pm-8am. Actually its a mater of training. Cos ur boy knows there is milk in the middle of the night, thus he wakes up. Some mothers use the water method.Feed them water when they wake. After a while, they stop waking up, cos they know its only water n there is no incentive to wake up. So mothers use the ignoring method. Just let them cry n cry n after a week or so, they wil stop waking up. It sounds a bit cruel hor?? Deprive ur baby of milk..

clarrisa
ur boy very high class leh, MUST eat by poolside.. Then every evening u must be home to feed him. Cannot be out, otherwise no pool for him. u staying in condo? Every evening feed him beside the pool.
Do u bring him swimming or waterplay? I bring R for waterplay once a week.

esther - wow R looks chubby le... sooo cute
happy.gif

yah my boy everyday also either poolside dinner or gdn dinner
happy.gif
when i work, my maid will bring him walk ard and eat at my in laws. if i am hm than will bring him down to feed lor...jiaklat hor, all these bad habits. but better than not eating le. i dare not dun give milk when he wants le. cos like i say, he arlady so small. some more dun give milk, jiaklat right? that day brought him to office. my colleagues all say he 'soy soy liap'. meaning small small. than when he was 6mths plus, i met an uncle in the lift. he hor, guess my son was 3mths old that time. i was like...HUH?

yah come lets bring the babies out for waterplay session! i wanna try julia gabs le. i heard the one at evans road got waterplay. u keen? lets go tog since the boys about the same age?

Clarissa: My parents in law also go china once a year for holiday, i and hubby take turn to be on leave take care of our son.

Re: Waterplay

I went to the zoo 2 weeks back, my son love the water play at the children playground. Run and scream like mad.

i bless you - your are lucky that your hubby can share the load with you! if i leave my hubby and son at home, my poor son sure kenna whacked by my hubby! my hubby hor... everytime scold him and spank his bottoms one.. than he will cry so loud. hear already so sim tia..

you can bring your son to the vivo city waterplay also? think he sure enjoy...i see some of the kids there so funni, bear bottoms.. than the bird bird hanging dangling.. so funni i keep laughing at them
happy.gif

wow today helloween hor? missed those days where i sure in China during helloween and will hang out
happy.gif

Clarissa: but we not 50-50 share the take leave, i take abit more than him or i will take half day bit by bit. My hubby leave him on the bed sleep then let him cry till sleep himself, half close the door. hahaha. Cos my son still have to be cradle pat backside then can sleep! My MIL always does that to him so used to it liao. And my son dont like my hubby pat backsice sleep so my hubby throw him on the bed cry n sleep himself. I dunno to laugh or feel pity for my son.

Clarissa: Y ur hubby always whack ur son? Is he very notti? My hubby and i also got use cane whack our son, but hubby says dont do often cos if not the cane is not effective on him when he make big mistakes in future. Small mistakes use hand lor.

clarissa,
yeah, me still the "COW" loh, my colleagues gave me this nickname, always make the moo moo sound, when they saw me bring my "barang barang"..... i intend to breastfeed till 1 yr if i can lah, so meanwhile need to supplement w FM loh, cos finding difficult to match his needs liao....Wondering if he will "auto reduce" 1 feed, and eat more solids... hehehe

clarrisa
ur hub whack ur son n spank his bottoms? But he is only 8.5 mths leh. still too young to discipline by whacking right?
JG got water class meh? I thought only marsden and aquaducks has. Where is evans road huh? near our place ? If they got trial lesson i dun mind trying out 1 lesson, yes we can go together.
Come to my place for waterplay la, let our boys splash water at each other!

i bless u
ur hub very stylo leh, leave ur boy cry till he sleep by himself. I think if it were u, u definately wont do that right? Mothers are so much different from fathers, more caring n nurthuring. Even my hubby also sometimes just leave the baby there wailing. If me, i wil immediately go over carry him

Back