Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

Ester,

Nianru is 13mths now....I m very busy at work recently till seldom come to forum to chat liao.
sad.gif

Jessica, Ester> Only train the child when he/she is ready... Thankfully, Luis is toilet-trained during the day really early (@ around 18 months). Recently, when he turned 3 (ie 36 months), seems that he is also to be toilet trained at night too... However, we do meet with a few "accidents" at night....Now, he is really good, wake either myself or his papa up to go to toilet to pee during the night.

Jessica, like you, I am also a big fan of Pampers Active and never really waivered or change, and it never ever leaked when I use it on Luis.... However, I also do try other brands occasionally....

Just nice, while I save on diapers for the elder one, I will have to start spending on diapers on this NB soon....

ppp> Long time no see and no hear.... Wow, it seems just yesterday when we met at Ester's place for last year's Lantern Festival gathering and your younger gal - Nianru is 13 months old already.... Do come in to chat chat when you have some time.....

i'm trying to toilet train my gal too but as a FTWM, it's v hard perhaps on wkends. :p

luvbabe11, how do u toilet train your boy? any tips for me? thanks in adv.

MLB
many mummies simply take off the diapers. he will pee in his pants for a week or so, but gently tell him that he needs to inform u when he wants to pee. an incentive is to let him flush the toilet whever he pees successfully in the toilet. its interesting that many kids enjoy "flushing" the toilet! so its a motivation for them.

anothet way i know is tat some mummies buy potty training stickers. they will stick the sticker on the bottom of the potty, and when the child urinates on the potty, the sticker will change colour or magically appears! quite interesting, and many mummies claim that it works. The stickers i had seen it selling on the BP at SMH

thanks esther. i will give that a try. i think my gal is interested in the adult sized "potty" i.e. toilet seat. will get her those special add ons to modify the adult toilet seat for her usage. the sticker sounds good too.
happy.gif

MLB
my elder boy also uses the baby toilet seat for poo-poo. Its the kind that we put on top of the adult toilet seat.
at one point in time ,i wanted to buy the potty sticker, but the BP out of stock, and by the time the new stock arrived, my boy already knew how to go to the toilet already.

luvbabe
up till now, i still let my boy wear diapers to sleep during the nite time , even though he is toilet trained! cos scared he wet his bed accidently . but in the morning, the diaper is still totally dry. He also doesnt wake up in the night to pee. Guess he can hold his bladder quite well.. hehehe

hahha talk abt toilet train,i m currently training my gal in the nite. today is day2.yday went well except i gotta wake up thrice to bring her pee...

during the day she is okie but it takes me abt 1mth or so too...Wish me luck...

btw ester,the sticker thingy sound interesting leh..pee alrdy can see magic..i bet the kids will LOVE it man...

MLB> Ester's suggestion sounds good but for FTWM like us, it's better to coordinate and arrange with your caregiver to practise the same routine everyday....not just weekends... Be patient and have fun!

Ester> Like you, because of the few accidents, my hubby also felt that it would be better to let him wear diapers when he is soundly asleep. Surprisingly, he does not allow us to wear his diapers when he is awake. So, either hubby or I must remember to help him wear diapers when he is soundly asleep and for more than 10 days liao, his diapers are also dry, either he wakes us up or control his bladder till the next morning then pee....

Furthermore, we bought the add-on to the adult toilet seat but Luis didn't like that. Since about 2 yrs old, he managed to seat himself on the adult toilet seat and balance himself on it... which is a very cute sight! Now that he knows that his poo is sometimes really smelly, he would ask us to go out and wait for him to finish his business, then help to clean him up...haha!

SheRhino> Good luck! Am sure, you gal will be fine after a while....

luvbabe
wah luis can balance himself on the adult toilet seat, so smart! randal is afraid to sit on the adult seat, always need to sit on the baby toilet seat.

mlb
yes , agree with luvbabe. u need to ask ur caregiver to help u toilet train ur girl. when i started toilet training randal , the teachers in school also did it when R attended school Otherwise, if u only train on weekedns, ur girl will be very confused, and not know which is the right thing to do. Jia you !! i belief very soon, ur girl can do it!

thanks ladies. will try speak to the teachers to see how they r training then use the same method at home and with nanny. ensure consistency mah.
happy.gif

luvbabe,

my lil sasha also the same..when doing big biz,will ask me go out cos she said its smelly...our kids are so considerate :)

SheRhino> *hi5*....yeah, they are so young and so sensible.... really feel good, hor?

Ester> Yeah, he can balance himself and told me he would rather balance himself than sit on the baby toilet seat. This is good too, especially if he need to do big business outside of home....

miorei> jia you! am sure your girl can do it!

thks luvbabe.
happy.gif

managed to get the combi training seat ytday. my gal loves it! hope she will enjoy potty training.

miorei,

Hope your gal can be potty trained in the shortest time..so mummy can be more "xin nang" :)

Luvbabe,
of cos man...

So far my night training went well. Woke up once arnd 1am and last till the nxt morning..Cross my fingers!

So far my gal also sort of getting used to drinking milk fm cup b4 she slp.but the morning feed still trying hard..

Regaring toilet-training, dunnoe why when I ask my boy "Wan to go Toilet She She", he quickly shake his head vigourously...he also refuse to try the potty...think he's too comfy in diapers.
sad.gif

Hey Luvbabe, when are you due? You got plans to go Fidgets before no. 2 arrive?
happy.gif

Hi Springdance,

same same here
sad.gif
. How old is yr son now? I have bought potty & toilet seat too. She can sit potty but just sitting lor
sad.gif
. For toilet seat...seat few secs and wail!! Hainz...m really tired to train her this & that as m alone taking care of her. This drives me crazy! My best X'mas present is : she can pee & poo on potty/toilet seat auto!! But fat hope. SOS!

Jessica
My boy if I recalled correctly is older than your gal...he's 30months already...so triple signzzz for me...but I guess for the time being, I'll just have to leave this part aside until he's more comfortable with it ba. Anyway, I got more problematic issues with him lar...

Hmmm...Are you planning for No. 2 already?

Springdance,

I kinda worry as kid get older, difficult to train leh and I'm not sending her to nursery soon + she don't drink much water...so timing her on pee so difficult. She's weird..like to follow adult action like wants to drink from cup (no plastic or paper cup), wants to eat using chopsticks, using fork, spoon, wear her on own shoes but not TOILET TRAINED! PENG SAN! She can tell me "pang san, you!" i faintzzzz...

Er?? no. 2...no way. Stop at no. 1 & only. M the oldest in this thread (should be). Turn 40 liao. I dont mind to disclose my age lah. Young at heart can liao. I envy those marry young and gave birth young. Y? U see..when my girl turn 20, i'm 60...so scary. Can't see her when she's 40 or so. My HB lucky worse...7 yrs my senior. How to have no. 2? No $$$....hee! hee!
So young mummies...have more babies! ha! ha!

Hey Jessica
Actually I think your gal quite clever ..can imitate so many things already. Dun get so stressed out about toilet training ya, she's still so young. Actually there are many other toddlers with more "real" problems..my boy is one example that has super slow development in many areas.

By the way, may I know why you have no intention to send your gal to playgroup classes? Perhaps she may start to imitate other kids in school going toilet when she sees them doing so.
happy.gif

Hi Springdance,

My HB said she's still young to go Nursery. We will think abt it when she turn 3. Moreover, she's so sticky to me...will cry if away few secs! Guess she will take long long time to adapt to school. How abt u?

To all SAHM & Mothers on ML:

Since Springdance mentioned Fidgets,shall we arrange to go there next week??

Let's say 25th Nov(Wednesday),11am

Confirmed:
-sherhino,sam & sha

Hi Jessica,

IMO-if your gal is a #1,i would suggest you try convince your HB to send her to Pre-Nursery. Though they are just 2yr+,dun understimate these kids..you will be totally amazed by what they can do ,be it good or bad habits..that's part and parcel of growing up.

btw i like what you say "young at heart"!! i totally agree with you. Hi 5!

Jessica,

u shld send ur gal to pre-nursery. my gal learns v fast once i send her to school. :p

like u, my gal is my #1 & only so must make sure she is not spoilt. as it is now, she knows like to fake cry and yang-or liao. faintz...

"young at heart" v impt. ;)

Hi SheRhino & MLB,

ha! tks for yr encouragement on "young at heart". Aiyo..when i turn 4 few mths back...sob sob..no more 3 liao. So mummies whom are still 2 or 3 nos...do treasure ah! we have some preserved on pre-nursery on few factors...find she can learn better at home and find out CCC whom are on 1/2 day do not get to learn chinese as mostly conduct in the late pm...so loose out on learning chinese if i sent her on 1/2 day CC. If full-day...not worth as i'm not working unless I wanted to start work but still dont feel like going to work leh...but sooner or later I need to go back workforce as need $$$. So we will see how when she's abt 3 yrs old.

SheRhino & Sprindance,

Fidgets...how do u go there? Is quite far.

Jessica,

i choose next wednesday bcos i got car from my hubby..i can fetch another 2 more mummies if they wana "topang"

let me know!

Jessica, I can understand why you don't want to send your gal to CC or pre-nursery....Is she still attending LNT?

Spring> I will be due on Boxing Day - 26 Dec but will start my maternity leave from 14 Dec onwards. Actually, next week, I will be on leave for the whole week too, to train my new domestic helper whom I just picked up from the agent yesterday.

Re: Fidgets
Yeah, would like to bring Luis to Fidgets before my no. 2 arrives actually....

SheRhino> Next Wed for Fidgets sounds good... I tentatively say ok first, can....Any other mummies? Spring, now that your big event is over liao, able to take leave on Wed to bring your boy along to Fidgets?

What's fidgets?
Sorry, suaku here...

Ester
paisei paisei, will post out the diapers today. Cos was really busy last week and I didn't have any envelopes. Anyway, do look out for a turquiose blue envelope (I recycled the robinson's envelope in the end!)Hee hee

Dear all,
Got this from a friend and thought it would be great to share:

CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS IN SINGAPORE
One Christmas One Hope
Various venues in Orchard Road area & in front of Plaza Singapura
Nightly performances featuring mimes, plays, musicals & a Floats Parade, starting from 7pm to 11pm
Click here for more details.

ENJOY THE SNOW SESSION IN TANGLIN MALL!
Daily:
Avalanche*: 7.30pm - 7.45pm & 8.30pm - 8.45pm
Snow*: 7.45pm - 8.00pm & 8.45pm - 9.00pm
*subject to weather conditions

Sesame Street LIVE Show
1pm, 4pm & 7pm
Yew Tee Point, 20 - 22 Nov (Meet & Greet only)
Compass Point, 24 - 29 Nov
Causeway Point, 1 - 6 Dec
Northpoint, 8 - 13 Dec
Centrepoint, 15 - 20 Dec
Meet-n-Greet for first 40, no purchase required.

The Green Sheep play
Forum the Shopping Mall
21 Nov-6 Dec (except Tue), 1pm & 5pm

Looney Tunes Musical Live!
Downtown East, Event Square
22 Nov - 25 Dec (Weekends & Public Holidays ONLY)
6pm - 6.30pm (extra show on 21 Nov at 12.30pm)
*Meet & Greet for first 50; no min. spending required.

Looney Tunes Nite Parade
Downtown East, Event Square, The Alley & E!hub
21 Nov - 27 Dec (Weekends ONLY)
8pm - 8.30pm

Care Bears Live!
Tue-Thurs: 1pm & 7pm
Fri-Sun: 1pm, 5pm & 7pm
Plaza Singapura, 1 - 6 Dec
Sembawang Shopping Centre, 8 - 13 Dec
IMM, 15 - 20 Dec
*Spend $30 to redeem a pass for Meet & Greet OR Tea Party session.

Barney’s World of Imagination
United Square
2 - 14 Dec (except Tues)
Mon-Fri: 2pm & 7pm
Sat & Sat: 2pm, 5pm & 7pm
*Meet & Greet; min. $30 single receipt required.

Hi-5 Musical
Takashimaya Square, B2
3-13 Dec*, 1pm, 4pm & 7pm
*No shows on 6 Dec, 1pm & 7 Dec

Mickey & Friends Meet & Greet
Vivo City
4 - 14 Dec (except 10 Dec)
2pm & 3.30pm at Central Court, Level 1
6pm & 7.30pm at Amphitheatre, Level 3
*Spend $100 to redeem a pass for Meet & Greet session..

Bob the Builder Live! Show
Jurong Point, JP1 Centrestage
5 - 13 Dec
Tue–Fri: 1pm & 7pm
Sat & Sun: 1pm, 4pm & 7pm

Narnia the Musical
Forum the Shopping Mall
12 - 20 Dec (except Tue), 1pm & 5pm

Santa on Sleigh Meet & Greet
Jurong Point, JP1 Centrestage
15 - 25 Dec (except Mon)
5pm & 7pm

CHRISTMAS AT CHANGI
Changi Airport
11 Nov - 4 Jan

- Big Musical Ball
Over 6 metres high, this revolving creation of wonder will play your favourite Christmas carols; Sweets and Gifts will be dispensed at the end of the musical performances from 7pm to 10pm on weekdays and from 12noon to 10pm on weekends.

*Terminal 3, Public Area, Departure Check-in Hall Level 2 (in front of Departure Immigration)
*Musical performance will be at half-hourly interval from 6am to 10pm every day – 6am, 6:30am, 7am, 7:30am, 8am, 8:30am, 9am, 9:30am, 10am, 10:30am, 11am, 11:30am, 12noon, 12:30pm, 1pm, 1:30pm, 2pm, 2:30pm, 3pm, 3:30pm, 4pm, 4:30pm, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm, 8:30pm, 9pm, 9:30pm and 10pm.

- Big Snow Fantasy
Kids will love spending hours bouncing and sliding at this delightful wonderland and experience the magic of snowfall.
*Terminal 3, Public Area, Departure Check-in Hall Level 2 (Check-in Row 11)
*12pm - 10pm

ENJOY!

Hi SheRhino,

Think can't go this wed to fidgets as m not feeling well.

Hi Luvbabe,

Yes, still sending my girl to LNT. It's a once a week thing so ok. Let her feel what is school like. Tks for the long list of what shows are going on. My girl fav. is Mickey Mouse
happy.gif

Luvbabe,

thanks for the long list. wow, so many things to see in Dec. I hope I have time. :p

My gal's fav is Barney and Bob the Builder.
happy.gif

Jessica, MLB> No worries...good things must share mah..

Jessica> Get well soon! lots of ppl are down with flu due to weather changes.

hi luvbabe,

no prob,you let me know on tuesday if you can make it..

and thanks for the info...its definitely useful!!

Jessica,
no worries,we can always meet again next time...

Thx luvbabe! Ur list is certainly useful! ;)

am gg to the airport this sat, will look out for the show

jessica
take care! Get well soon! =)

Jessica
Actually I think your gal is really lucky to have you stay at home "Quan Xin Quan Yi" take care of her..
happy.gif

Too bad I can't afford.
sad.gif

Due to my boy's delayed developments problems, I've started sending him to school since he was 2yrs old..hoped that the interaction with other kids can help to "motivate" him to imitate and learn.

Luvbabe
Me was out busy with an event yesterday! Dun think I can take leave tomolo...still got alot of billing issues to settle for the mega event although the top guns have returned back to their country.

Hi Luvbabe & isabelle,

Tks for yr concern. HB took 2 days leave to take care of Shannon. Much better now. Ya, weather these days unpredictable.

SheRhino,
Hope to meet up with u & yr kids since we r SAHM. Me staying near Ikea, if u come by, give me a note, ok? Can pm yr contact no.?

Hi Springdance,

Decided being a SAHM based on few factors ...i've no one to look after my girl (both parents are not here..MIL passed away), maid --- no way, infant care --- too x plus also my wish to care my girl though initially HB don't like the idea but he finally see the pic. as I am the best caregiver. Not sure if married late, give birth late is blessing for me as that time, I have to take care of my dad whom is on dialysis, having diabetes...lots of $$$ to pay monthly hence delay giving birth as afraid will be mentally & financially burden. When he's gone.....tried to have 1 but only came late. House paid off...no car...hence burden relief a bit. We just need to trim a bit..so long didn't go restaurant n have a good meal liao. But luckily HB still ok to go for holiday near by la...no more europe trip ...too x
sad.gif
(. sorry, didn't follow the thread till recently...what happen to yr boy? Did he improve after u send him to school? It's ok if not convenient to discuss here.

jessica
wow, i think u're really great to make that sacrifice to stay at home to take care of Shannon. I think u're really filial and responsible. So jia you! =)

isabelle,

been so long didn't meet up with u liao since last time saw u at Ikea by chance. U still teaching, right? Cool leh...teacher...can teach yr 2 girls to be "guai guai". BTW, mind if u tell me which subject u teach? pri or sec. school. aiyo...this chinese subject not easy to teach..esp. strokes! me poor in writing in chinese though speaking is ok. Gone are the days chinese is boring as now schools try to make this subject more fun. Happen to chance a chinese video on roadshow how this "yue" - moon character form and "san" - mountain. If they teach us in my generation...i wld be interested too. Luckily s'pore teach simplified chinese n not trad. chinese...too many strokes liao. U going holiday this weekend?

hello gals

long long time didnt post here...
i think i owe u all an updated list of contacts as well...cos after the last one i sent out, think some of u emailed me abt additional info/amendments... give me some time while i sort thru my mail hor... heehee..

pai seh...i super lost here...cos been months! (gasp) since i came in...
newcomers feel free to PM me ur details so i can add u to our contact list

nick
real name
hp no
where u stay
no. of kids & name & dob
ftwm or sahm

esther, jessica and other sahms,
do let me know of any gathering!! wanna join if possible..
happy.gif

jessica> it is always great to have the child's own mother to care for the child....Totally agree with isabelle's comments! Jia you!

Spring> It's ok lah...at least your boy is cared for my your ILs....

SheRhino> Apologies, don't think I can make it to Fidgets today....Got stuff to do at home.

SAHMs> I will start maternity leave soon! Counting down...8 more working days only. So, if you have any gathering from 12 Dec onwards, please include me too.... Would love to meet up with all of you since we haven't met up for so long liao....

nana> Long time no see! Been busy?

Jessica
Sorry to know about your MIL..I can see that it must have been a difficult decision for you about deciding on care-giving responsibility for your gal. Actually, I must let you know that I really admire SAHM managing without any helper... Coz this "job" demands alot of hard work 24 x 7 and it doesn't come with any annual leave. You are one great mommy!
happy.gif

About my boy, well, it's a long story...basically he has always been rather delayed in development in terms of motor skills since he was young and now his oral skills. He's going through therapy sessions last few months but we may not keep up with the sessions next year coz it's a large demand on us financially and his improvement is slow.

Luvbabe
Yup am definitely grateful for my MIL being there to take care of my boy although most of the time, she will let him watch TV while she go about doing laundry or cooking.
happy.gif

Wow!! Going to start your ML soon huh? You intend to take a break until THE day arrive?

Springdance,

Admire SAHM w/o helper? ha! on the contrary, I admire those mummies got helper, MIL/mum to help out. Initial stage is really tough, near depression stage. Hate when HB goes to work...feels lonely, that's y decide to join this thread. I truly admire those whom got 2 kids w/o helper! crazy, madness!

jessica,

me too same like you..admire those who have help from MIL,own mum or helper especaily when you need to do something urgent and cant bring kids along,our personal time and doing simple things with hubby and so many more.

BUT other than that,i still prefer to look after then myslf. Quit job like your case(no1 to look after).

i don't really like to stay home with kids cos if face them too long at home i can go crazy at times(with their arguments,fightings,silly nonsense from my #2 etc).so every 1-2days,we will go out,to window shop,lunch,dinner,zoo,ikea etc

though it's a short outdoor trip,i tell you its GOOD but can be tiring for us cos come back lioa when they nap or sleep,we have to continue with the housework...

Spring> Yes, am starting my ML soon....to spend some quality time with Luis before I pop... I felt very guilty towards him coz had been working long hours.

Actually, I will offer again... Since we are "neighbours", feel free to bring your boy over to my place to play together with Luis if you want... Just give me a ring!

isabelle
thanks so much for the fitti premium, eally soft material. I am gg to order a carton to stock!

luvbabe
oh that long awaited BIG day is arriving! so exciting! when is ur EDD? aiyoh, i didnt have time to read thru all posts, so didn't get to know whether ur new baby is a boy/girl?

Ester, my no. 2 is also another boy, just like yours! I will go for c-sect on 18 Dec.

Yeah, fitti premium is really quite good enough for day use... Am also still thinking of stocking up but scared hubby will scold me...

arts kidz' mummies, shall we have a separate thread for our kiddos & the school? i am thinking of creating a google grp. tat way we will not spam the TB thread too much. let me know ur views.
happy.gif

ester
No pblm! Good stuff is meant to be shared ;)

jessica
no lah, I'm sec school tr but I definitely don't teach chinese. My chinese is so lousy! hee hee =p
oh yes, just came back from short holiday =)

Miorei,
is the googles group like a private group? Sorry me a bit the suaku...

luvbabe
ooh, ur due date is nearing real soon! U must be getting excited. I rem I was very excited, even more so than for #1!

spring
oh dear, sorry to hear abt ur boy. Do take heart though, my colleague was telling me she has a fren whose daughter was diagnosed as developmentally slow. Among other things, she cldn't stack up blocks like other kids her age. But her fren refused to give up and today this girl went to uni and is training to be a teacher! So jia you! =)

just sharing: for older kids holiday prog at CC
happy.gif

Calling for 12 kids to start class... ages 7-10yrs & 5-12yrs

if you keen to join, do proceed to the website for details or call 6778 5163 B.Vista
<font color="0000ff">1) Thinking Loft Critical Thinkers (7 - 10 years)
Description: For children aged 7 - 10 years, they will be introduced to the 7 steps of critical thinking to strengthen their problem solving skills. We hope to st .....

Organising CC: BUONA VISTA Community Club is at Holland Drive
Venue: MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM
Date: 15-Dec-09
Time: 11:15 AM - 12:45 PM
Fee: $20.00 (passion card members) $30.00 (non passion card members)</font>

if you keen to join, do proceed to the website for details or call 6473 0521(LengKee)
<font color="119911">2) HIP HOP DANCE - CHILDREN (5 - 12yrs)
Description: This dance originated from the United States and comprises Funky, Break and Hip Hop. All these street dances are choreographed to upbeat music and s .....

Organising CC: LENG KEE Community Club is nearby RedHill MRT
Venue: DANCE STUDIO
Date: 16-Dec-09
Time: 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM
Fee: $12.00 - $12.00 </font>

Search details on website: http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal

click: activity, search for location and go thru' pages...

happy.gif
blessings

Back