Support group - Miscarriages

dear Joyful, u're likely to be ovulating soon or have ovulated, if the test line is pretty clear. my 2nd pregnancy was successful the first time i tried using an Ovulation test kit. mine was on the 15th day when the LH surge, i usually have 28 day cycle.

my tests results are all out! and we're both healthy! although it still puzzles me why i lost 2 of my previous pregnancies. sigh.

the $1.5k was well spent i suppose, knowing that we're both physically healthy.

baby dust to all!

Hi Twinangels

It's good that both of you are proven healthy. Money can be earned back..

The test line is still not as dark as the control line so I have not ovulated yet. But today seems to grow a bit darker. Hope the ovulation is these one two days..

Btw, my staining had become brownish... Does it mean it is going to end le???

hi girls, im still having spotting at cd8.. in the past, by CD6, my spotting should have cleared.. im so upset that that this AF came in at 3 weeks+ and spotting still ard now... i guess i did not ovulate at all for the previous cycle. i do not know why everytime when i see tv show and when a girl got preggy, i will get offended..
sad.gif
every now and then i will tell myself to get over it soon, but i still couldn't

joyful....test line need to be as dark or darker than control line to be deem as positive..continue testing...u shd b Oing tis few days...

congratz twinangels....can have peace of mind dat both are healthy & concentrate on BDing...lots of babydust to you...=)

gillian...it's only natural dat u still feel sore abt others getting preggy...dun stress urself out too much in giving ur timeframe on when u shd get over it....naturally u will feel nothing when mentally u are back to normal....relax ger...=)

Hi Jappooh

Do bear with the MS. Cos it means baby is very healthy inside. After 1st trimester, you should feel much better le. Meanwhile, have lots of rest and enjoy your an tai process, imagining bb is inside you growing healthily. Hee..

Hi Grace

Yeah i love the word "Grace" and it can only come from God. You're right. He knows best. He will bless you with a healthy baby the next round.

Hi Gillian

How have you been? I think if you just had miscarriage, the AF cycle will go haywire. So, maybe this is the cycle. After this, you should be ok le.. I know how you feel.. like people have how come i cannot have... We need to overcome the feeling. You have suceeded in getting pregnant and if you use the same method to conceive, you will get good news very soon. Like myself, I know how I suceeded. So I am going to use this method again. Don't feel affected. You can always share your thoughts here. I think if your AF goes back to normal, you will feel better. Cos no more repercussion from that incident. Can start afresh.

Piyo

Yeah So i think i have not ovulated. But will continue testing.

Gals,
Would like to update you all further. I tested this morning with Clearblue digital n it shows a BFN. I feel sad. So, now I think my menses has gone haywired as it is overdue for 15 days n I am counting. Wondering if I should see a GP or gynae to regulate back my menses. Anyway, I am trying to be more positive. Hope my AF will report soon, so that I can try on the next cycle.
happy.gif
Lots of bb dust to all and may all of us be grant a healthy bb soon.

Gals, just to sidetrack a bit...Btw, I have been cutting down on coffee totally after since I was pregnant with the 2nd bb to my MC to now. Today, I gave myself a treat. drank coffee to perk myself up.

jappooh, dont worry. dr woody say bb grow very fast one. if now 2mm. mayb next scan will be abt 1cm+ liao. is true loh. but i got no chance to see my bb grow till so big loh..

aileen, my AF also strange leh. stop at 5th day. then i thot completed liao. suddenly came back on the 6th day...give me a shock loh ! but yesterday finally no more liao. i check the ovulation predictor online, i can try next week liao. hehe

hi gillian , i also feel offended when my SIL keep showing off her DS to me...but theres nothing we can do. just try to get over it and have a bb soon. so we will feel much better

hi sheryl, since ur AF late for 15days and tested BFN..u may want to check with ur gynae for blood test..else lets wait and see. take care

Thanks, porky! I thought blood test is meant for early pregnancy? Mi just vomitted my breakfast again, wondering if its due to stress. Now, I am scared to eat, since I am puking at least once a day. Furthermore, stomach feeling a bit crampy on n off since yesterday night.

Hi Piyo

i think i am not ovulating after all. Cos I have a much lighter test line than ytd. Maybe i will not ovulate this round bah...Will be waiting for next round.

hi ladies,
not sure if u gals still remember me?I suffered fr. mc on Dec25 n did dnc on Dec27.Just wish to share a good news...I just found out i am preggie this morn.AF supposed to report on May13.I used ClearBlue preggie test this morn.

Funny thing is i do not experience any preggie symptoms except super sore breast.

Sheryl,
I can understand how u feel. I was TTC since Mar.I've experienced some preggie symptoms such as tiredness,cramping,thought i was preggie but AF reported.It was very disappointing coz if i conceive,the baby will be due on Xmas day,just nice,coz i lost my 2nd baby on Xmas last yr.

Then i took my frds' advice:relax & just enjoy the intimacy. I tink it is reali impt to get relaxed.

Actuali,i didn't reali wanna preggie in Apr bcoz the due-date is going to be ard Chinese New Yr n it is difficult to get confinement lady. But we didn't reali "try", but end up preggie.I am surprised oso.

BabyDust to all!

Hi Avocado

Congrats!It's great to know that you only took two months to conceive. I so envious. I hope i can conceive this round. Heee.. but tdy LH surge is almost not there.. So either I have ovulated or i am not going to ovulate at all.

Hi,
just wish to share wf u gals tat if u r TTC,monitoring ur cervial mucus is reali a very good indicator.

If u observe well, somehow,u'll be able to notice the "timing" whereby the cervial mucus is abundant.For my case,when i know my ovulation is ard the corner,i'll pay attn to the timing of my cervial mucus.I notice mine comes ard 10am or 11pm,so we'll TTC during that "timing".Though i admit sometx, it might be difficult bcoz we nid to tak care my boy.

I conceived my boy used the same method too.i didn't use any ovulation kit.just use the ovulation calender fr. website + monitoring my cervial mucus.

On top of that,i oso eat lots of fruits,vege.Both me n my hb oso tak multivit, B-complex,folic acid n Vit C+Zinc.

sheryl, some gynae do blood test for early pregnancy wor. moreover, u have all the preggy symthoms leh..seems like ms getting more obvious right ?

avocado, yes we remember u ! wow thats great ! u are the 3rd one striked already. how many weeks are u now ? more and more good news here. hehe

Avocado, congra, i also pray not to get pregnancy in April, then my AF really reported, somehow, i still get disappoinment. can teach me how to monitor CM?? i din use OPK too, but i do not know how to track O day by looking at CM only.. then when should i BD, n how long apart?

Kind to share which brand of multivit n zinc are ur hubby taking? he still continue taking after you know you are pregnant?

Hi Joyful,thanks
happy.gif
hv u tried using OPK?

porky,
i am in 4wk only.Still long way to go.Quite worry..Can't wait to pass 1st trimester.Try not to tink too much abt mc.just remind myself not to overexect myself.

prawnmee,
R u menses regular? I've a regular menses.So i use the ovulation calender fr. website to monitor.Try these websites:
http://www.babyhopes.com/ovulation-calendar/
http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ovulation-calculator.html
http://www.freeovulationcalendar.net/
http://ibabydust.com/tools/ovulation_calendar/

Normally,when ur CM comes,u'll feel "wet".U'll notice by observing mucus found after wiping wf toilet paper.It looks like a string of jelly tangle out.
Here are informative websites abt CM:
http://www.naturaltransition.com/cervical-mucus-ovulation.htm
http://www.femininehygiene.com/cervical_mucus_method.htm

U can start to BD once u see CM. Try to BD with 1 to 2days apart.If u BD too often,the sperm will depreciate oso,hehe...We only BD twice this time round.

I oso suggest u BD once straight after AF,to eliminate the "bad sperm" b4 ur O-day.

I am taking Bayer multivit thrice per wk.I don't wanna tak everyday bcoz it makes me hungry,i've to keep hunting for food n i hate it bcoz i'm quite busy taking care my son + doing hsework.During the days i am not taking multivit,i tak B-complex,VitC+Zinc fr. Kordel.

I used to fall sick very often after DnC.I took TCM but it was too heaty for me till i always hv throat infection.Then i stopped everything & switch to "natural remedies", lots of vege,fresh fruits,multivit...I can tak 3apples,2plums,an orange & pear per day.

I oso went swimming twice per wk,aerobics once per wk.

Ya,I am super kiasu...bcoz i can't afford another MC as i am getting older..34 this yr liao.And I can tell u...it reali helps to boost my energy bcoz i dont feel tired even i am preggie..or too early to tell...keeping my fingers cross...

wah.. avocado, u very discipline ler, i been taking TCM for 2 months, now thinking to stop cos quite troublesome to go down almost every wk.. but it did really improve my health.. my menses used to be range from 28 days to 32 days, but after D&C, it semm abit haywire liao.. 1st cycle is 28days, 2nd is 30days n now this one is 26days.. so wat do u susgest?? start BD which day?? i should BD on very fertile day or ovalation day??

may i know wat is B-complex for??

have you go to gynea oredi?? my gynea advise me to go straight to her after tested +ve, she will prescribe me the duphaston, think i will guai guai listen to her..

Avocado
Congrats. Another good news to this thread. Spread the baby dust to all
happy.gif

Do take care of yourself during this period. Eat well & rest well.

hi avocado, ya 1st trimester is a long journey..before preg like time pass so fast. hehe. i also worried that once i am preg again, i keep counting the days again...haiz..so contradicting. is June a good month to be preggy ? cos must do confinement during CNY and hard to find CL wor...am i too early to think abt all this ?? haha

Porky,
June? If u conceive in June,u shld be giving birth ard Mar.Next yr,CNY is 26-Jan-2009.So June is ok.

U shldnt tink abt this...which mth to conceive,which mth give birth..etc...Though i wasn't specially planned for my 2nd preggie,the EDD is the same as my son.But unfortunately,ended up M/C.

I ever thought of if I conceive last mth,then baby due date is Xmas day,how good it is.And if I conceive next mth,May,then baby due-date is Valentine day.But now end up baby due date just days b4 CNY,hehe...

Aiya,forget it....it is fated.This is life.Tink abt the disasters in Myanmar n China.Then we'll feel how bless we r.

Now I don't even know if i could carry the baby full term...I am worried but hv to keep telling myself to relax.

i used to "count down" for my 2nd preggie.I didn't reali count down for my 1st preggie bcoz i was busy wf work.but don't know I dont reali bother to count down for this preggie..

prawnmee,
I hvn't seen my gynae.He is fully booked till end of this mth.Ya,he oso asked me to go for hormone test once preggie.

what is duphaston?

to be frank,i can't advise when shld u BD.I suggest u shld observe n understand ur body.I myself oso find it hard to "capture" my body signal.As we know,despite our cycles might b regular,but factors such as stress,hormone changes,environment, affect ur fertility.Don't forget ur hb sperms play a part too.

Hi All!

Avocado - congrats on the piece of good news! just wat we need to encourage each other
happy.gif
duphaston is a hormone pill taken to stabilise pregnancies esp in first tri. U might wana head to gynae sonner cos its quite norm for them to prescribe duphaston if we have such MC experience before.. all the best and do update us on ur bb!
happy.gif

Porky - i tink hor, we need some time to really regulate to like before.. today CD8 stil spot abit tho ytd was all clear... sigh... im gona start eating my bai feng wan liao cos next cycle wana try...

joyful - just hum tam la! if strike and get pregnant, will be pleasant surprise wor.. all the best to ur TTC!

Avocado, me so desperate now, hearing one good news follow by another around me make me very anxious..

Duphaston is the Ang Moh version of "an tai yao", i believe it helps to increase our hormone level..

I think if you tell ur gynea u are pregnant now, he sure got slot for u one, if not, just walk in..

Ya, porky, u are safe from CNY if you concieve anytime from now..

BB dust to all of us.. never know that the journy of TTC is so difficult..

Dear gals

is it possible not to o right after miscarriage?
is it possible to have some LH in the body after miscarriage?
is it possible to o when having miscarriage?

I tested LH surge now... the line is so much more invisible.. So i wondered if i did o during my miscarriage or i have some LH during miscarriage.

Avocado, i think too much liao loh. so if preg in june, will give birth in March huh..i dunno how to count lah..hehe.

prawnmee, is true loh. like u say, i also never know the journey to TTC is so difficult. and we learnt it the hard way..the ppl around me like pregnant and give birth so easily..so have u strike ? good luck ya !

Porky, no, me not strike yet, i thot i will strike last month cos i have almost covered the critical period in very relax mood (cos i wanted to siam CNY), but who knows, i did not strike oso, now i m in CD4..

can check wif you all, should i remain lying on bed after the BD?? cos this time round i din stay on bed n go straight to clean up rite after BD, so i think that is teh reason y i din strike althougt i cover all the possible period..

baby dust to all of us, lets jia you on out TTC

Aileen,
thanks
happy.gif
Do we nid to do hormone test 1st b4 gynae prescribe duphaston?

Porky,
Try to build up both u n ur hb bodies.Healthy egg+sperms=baby...Eat a lot of vege+fruits.It reali helps.I oso eat a lot of home-cooked food.Even simple meal is much more beta outside food which hv MSG.

if u wanna know ur due-date,just try this webste:
http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/ttc-tools/ovulation-calculator.htm

prawnmee,
I didn't lie on the bed after BD, coz scare kena my favourite bedsheet:p But no harm trying...

wat abt ur hb?was he very stressed up during TTC?

avocado - no need to do hormone test,gynae will prescribe for u if he knows u hav MC bebfore... its more of like a precaution measure.

prawnmee - best is to lie down for 10 mins and best of best is to have ur butt facing up so as to reduce wastage hee... btw, tis method doesnt stain the bedsheets also as compared to lying down...

Joyful - u trying for this cycle liao ar? me half hearted on trying cos got take western med 2 weeks ago... tink i better be disciplined and tell HB to put on hold first haha.. good luck to ur TTC!

Hi Grace

I am not young anymore... getting more anxious. People who tried as long as me got pregnant faster than me. Visited my friend's wife who gave birth ytd in the Mount Alvernia.. I tell you... I really very envious. And I felt sad at that moment. Tdy, I am going wedding dinner... my cousin-in-law who is close to me is 4 months pregnant. Sometimes, I think bad about myself..

Anyway sorry to pour some sorrows here... Good news is... my staining finally cleared... I tried to read up on the date of ovulation after miscarriage... It mentioned 2-4 weeks after that. I am 17 days after miscarriage. I still did not have aspike in BBT. Only 36.36 degree tdy so i cfm haven't ovulated.

sheryl...my last cycle was late for 19 days...a whopping near 3 weeks too....i was hoping dat I will get a BFP but no....monitor urself & dun get too stress which make things worst...=)

joyful....u could try to BD lor...no harm ma....if not than beta luck for ur next cycle...=D

congrats avocado....the 3 of u are realli our models to look toward to....

Aileen,
Yes u r right.I tok to my gynae n he asked me to go for Beta HCG test to measure the progestrone.Then he's going to give me dygesterone.Is dygesterone same as duphaston?is there any side of taking this pill?

actuali i am quite worried coz i don't hv much preggie symptoms.I do nt hv morn sickness.I only hv sore breast,tiredness n slight occasional vaginal disharge.the symptoms r same as my 2nd preggie which ended up MC.

Piyobaby,
what is BFP?

Joyful,
i can understand how u feel.At one stage,i feel so jealous when i saw preggie women on the street.But i told myself I've to be strong.

I was as anxious as u, to TTC after MC.But i followed my gynae advice-wait fr at least 1 cycle.Coz our cycle will turn haywire after DnC.though a lot of ppl told me tat dnc will not affect ur health,but in TCM perspective,ur body is still weak.

I fell sick very easily after dnc.Then i ttc despite i was sick but nvr strike.I tink my body told me it is not ready yet.

after tat,i took another approach.I exercise,eat more fruits,vege,rest when possible.And I tink it is reali impt bcoz once u get preggie,u nid a strong body to support ur pregnancy.

Pls tak my advice,rest n build up ur body 1st b4 TTC
happy.gif

Hi Ladies, haven't been here in a long while cos I was busy getting back to work life. Congrats to all the new preggie mums out there!

Just had a scare earlier. My D&C was 19 March. First AF 5 weeks after the D&C was pretty normal and today was exactly 2 months after D&C. Was walking at shopping center feeling ok one moment and then the next moment felt something trickling down my legs.

Walked to the toilet to check and found that it was fresh red blood. Panty is soaked through. Lucky, I had my pads with me and also a set of clothing. As I was changing, the cramps started and I was feeling panicky. Called TMC and they got my gynae to call me back. Apparently, this is not uncommon so I'm told to go home and monitor the flow. If it's still bad tomorrow, I will go down to TMC to see gynae.

Just wanna check if anyone out there had similar experience? What to do now then?

hi rei chan,

I had my 2nd af on last wed... 20 days after my first af, my usual cycle shd be 30+ days. It started off very light stain.. then after i came back from my isetan shopping, the flow started, but still ok. yesterday and today, the flow started to get heavier, especially today, quite heavy.. while sitted, i can feel the flow a few times which never really occur to me before my mc.

I realised both af after my mc are heavier compare to the past, but the only thing, i didn't have bad cramps, which i used to have before my mc.

Hey Stephy,

The last time I had any bad cramps was 3 years ago before I got pregnant with my girl! So I was in for a shock when the cramps became quite severe. I know I read somewhere here that you can get whacky periods after D&C but I wasn't expecting this as my 1st AF was quite ok.

Anyway, now I'm trying to stay horizontal whenever possible so that my cramps are not so bad. I could hardly walk earlier this evening and my MIL was so worried. Now instead of all fresh red blood, I'm getting some 'chunkier' stuff. Yee... but it is starting to look more like menses now to me. Thank goodness I don't have to work tomorrow!

I hope both our cycles can straighten out soon!

avocado...BFP = big fat positive....=) dun worry abt the symptoms as diff preggy ladies have diff symptoms....

rei chan....my 2nd cycle of AF (excl post D&C) scare mi wif veri heavy flow & intense cramp too....was told by my gynae dat it is rather common as we have not given birth b4 thus the womb could still be contracting back to normal....

Hi gals,
Just an update for u gals. I had my AF last Friday, after a long wait of 17 days. Anyway, I was quite relieved coz I was hoping for a BFP. Nevermind, i can always try again after my this cycle.
happy.gif

Avocado - never heard of that before lei , is it same as duphaston? side effect i tink not much tho some said they will feel more nausea... but i was ok when taking it...

Sheryl - aft 17 days then come ar, but its good also cos it means another new cycle of hope!

Sheryl,
yes, u r right.Don't give up.Keep on trying.Be relax too.

Aileen,
Ya,tink same as duphaston.Did u go for beta HCG blood test b4 ur gynae prescribed duphaston for u?

Avocado - nope, din have the test lei... and i tink most times gynae prescribe without the test. i guess mayb ur gynae just wana be on the safer side to gauge exactly how much hormone supp u nid? i also wont know how its gona b like the next time but cos my gynae same as Jappooh, i tink he wont do any test and will prescribe right away...

Aileen,can i chk wf u which gynae r u seeing?There r some side effects on duphaston.I was oso once suffered fr. thyroid so i highlighted to my gynae.He did prescribed duphaston straight away knowing my preggie but i am the one who wanna to be safe.

sheryl...good luck on ur cycle & dun get too stressed up missing out the fun...jiayou...=)

avocado....sum ladies feel nauseous wif duphaston but i took it w/o much side effects....and nope my gynae din call for any test b4 prescribing...=D

Hi avocado,
congrats!! I was prescribe with duphaston straight away. At 1st i was ok taking it now my nauseous is getting very very bad. I dunno is due to the duphaston or due to my own hormo changes..

Dun worry that u dun have MS now cos it still early. My MS kick in when i am 5wks plus close to 6wks. And it really hit me very badly.

Gals,
i dunno who to talk to so like to share with u all my feeling. This time my MS really hit so badly that i almost cry everyday. i feel hungry but cant eat. Once i eat i vomit, dun eat i feel nauseous. Feel giddy and have bad headache as well. Cant sleep also. Now i am at a lose dunno wat to do. Today came back office. The train ride is so terrible and i just vomit my breakfast. Dunno how to tahan for teh rest of the day. I ahve been taking small meals but it dun seem to help as all. What should i do now?
sad.gif
When writing i just cant control my tears.
sad.gif

hi jappooh,

i've never experienced any MS before so i really cant say much. but i told myelf that no matter how tough the MS will get, i will endure it for the sake of the little one, if it means that he or she will be safe and healthy.

think of your little one and let him/her be the strength for you to carry on.

hi jappooh, same here. i also did not experience any ms before last time. so i dunno how is the feeling like. but i know u are feeling miserable now...hang on there ok. like twinangels said, i also will endure as much as i could for the little ones inside as long as it is growing well. hehe. ur 1st trimester will pass very soon ya. take care.

Hi Jappooh,Piyobaby,
I've taken Duphaston fr. my gynae but still hesitating to tak it after reading this article.Some gynae out there just wanna earn extra cash thru medication.

Hormones

When we talk about a hormone problem, you have likely miscarried in less than 10 weeks. After that, the placenta has taken over hormone production and any normal deficiency you have is not a factor. Low progesterone, the most common problem, is not as easy to treat as you might hope. Progesterone suppositories, while frequently prescribed, are not proven to be helpful and often actually cause a nonviable pregnancy to last longer than it should.

Hi Jappooh,
Hv u tried drinking ginger tea? wat abt eating smaller portion but more frequent?

When i was preggie wf my son,my MS was horrible until I've phobia on food.

Avocado & Piyo.. Thanks a lot, I am much better now. Hubby and I are looking forward to TTC soon. I think hubby more gan chiong than mi, cant wait lo. Haha! Not sure if I wana monitor my temp and use the O strips. Where do I get the O strips? Since my cycle is not regular now, I cant rely on the online ovulation calculator right? When will I O after my AF end date? I read somewhere that it will be a week after my AF ends.

Jappooh,

Hang in there ya. I know u can do it for your little one.
happy.gif
I understand how it feel to have MS. When I was having my boy, I vomit straight after my meals. But, I dun feel hungri after that. Try taking small bites, sweets or "suan mei". It may help. Whn is your next visit to yr gynae? Perhaps you can ask him for his advice. Take gd care ya.

avocado....there could be incidents whereby gynaes are being commercialised and thus profiteering from hormone pills....it's hard to offer any advise as to consume or not....but the extract on hormone sound horrifying...i have read b4 dat it is not proven scientifically dat oral hormone pills help to sustain a pregnancy....dun worry....all will be fine de lor....=)

jappooh....hang in there & jiayou....always remember dat MS means good news thou u feel terrible...I have read dat if MS is pretty xtreme meaning u totally cant keep food down then might have to alert ur gynae for medication if possible...u are feeling veri emotional bcos of ur hormones in the body too....**hugz** jiayou...mummy....=D

sheryl...would think dat testing wif OPK will be good as ur cycle is irregular....from wat I have gathered....online calculator work for regular cycle ladies so far....as to when u will O after AF, it's veri subjective and depends on individual.....sum O on CD14 while sum O CD16-18.....monitoring BBT is a hassle unless u do it meticulously daily....have to measure wif the least movement possible thus u can only move to retrieve ur thermometer for more accurate results....sorrie for being so long winded....=p

avocado,
i have try to take small meals but it doesnt help at all. My MS was very when i have my boy. But that time i still can eat abit.

Now i cat eat but feel hungry, the giddy and headache just cant go away. Today i nearly fainted in office.

Gals,
saw gynae today. he also cant help much. He just ask me to rest. I intend to take MC and leave till my 1st trim over. Today baby is 8wks and measure 1.68cm. Today i did a v scan cos tummy scan cant find my baby. Gynae say my bladder too empty cant see my baby. Scare me..

Thanks ladies for your listening ears.

Back