Support group - Miscarriages

hi everyone, hope all of u's feeling well. After the MC last month, hubby and I decided to investigate (as I have mentioned earlier in my post here). So far, we have tested negative for most of the test (lupus, antibodies etc) except for the chromosome test, of which the result is not out yet. 2 weeks after the test, the clinic told us tt the lab was not able to do the blood culture!~ and we had to redo the test..
sad.gif
so now still doin the waiting game.

was just thinking of wat my parents told me, they asked if i have considered changing a gynae ..they say maybe the gynae and our 8 character not compatible and 'jinx' us? anyone heard of it?

Summer, it's almost 6.5wks since my 2nd M/C n my AF still on holiday. i'm getting impatient liao. my gynea said AF shd report 4-6wks aft M/C.. am considering to take medication tis sun to make it come. mi see tcm doc also.. but haven start monitoring bbt yet. i had 2 cases of ECWM, last tue n yesterday nite, yesterday ECWM was a super big blob n real stretchy.. but OPK tested -ve.. sian lor, give me false alarm!!!

Hi,Ladies
I'm back to the thread after MIA for a while
happy.gif

Porky - I remembered you. Have read abt yr story in another thread re the DIY Chicken essence
happy.gif
. Congratulations to your successful pregnancy. Hope you are coping well with the pregnancy. Do you know the bb gender yet? Feel happy for you
happy.gif

Sashamama, Blueberi & the rest > Good Luck to your TCC. Jia You! Be patient, stay positive and never give up.
happy.gif

Hi, Kiwifruit
Our story is almost the same. I have 3 MCs within a span of 13mths btw Oct 07 to Oct 08, 1st one due to abnormal waterbag, 2nd one > BB heartbeat stopped and the recent is oblighted Ovum. Unbelieveable that I hv gone thru 3 D&C!!! Didn't tell my parents and friends abt my 3rd MCs.

Am still very devastated till todate whenever I think of them! Maybe I'm fated to have only 1 child??!! Am in dilemma whether I shld try to TTC for the 4th time. Very afraid that it will ended in 4th MC!!!

However after reading yr 4th successful pregnancy just now, it somehow gave me hope again. 3MCs is not the end of the chapter perhaps, I probably be as brave like you pickup the courage & try again!
Congratulations to your new born princess
happy.gif

You TTC after 4 mths fm yr Sept 07 MC right?
May I know what recurrent infection you have.

I finally went for my gynae checkup after 1mth, supposed to see him in 2wks fm my 3rd MC. The scan showed that I have some blood clot in my womb. Gynae told me not to worry as it will be flash out when my period come. But it's almost 8 weeks fm my D&C and my period is not here yet. Is this normal? Sigh!

Hi, Bluberi - Is that a medication to take for period to come? Xian hor, waited & waited for the period to come.....
Are you seeing any TCM after yr 2nd MC.

Hi, Ladies - do you think D&C will weaken our womb and perhaps lead to critical illinesses like cancer due to scrapping?

I had a conversation w my colleague today and it makes me v depressing. She thinks that I'm putting my life at stake if I keep TTC and ended up MCs and I shld spare a thought for my son (what if my health is deteroriating after few D&Cs). She advised me to stop trying or at least wait for 1 yr or more before TTC. She thinks I shld be contented with 1 child. Sigh!

Dear Niclim,

I do monitor temp daily but it's rather mafan if you want it to be very accurate, like sleeping almost the same number of hours, don't toss and turn too much, 1st thing u do is to reach for thermometer and place it under ur tongue the moment u open your eyes, if aircon then everynite aircon, etc. You can go to www.fertilityfriend.com to chart your temperature.

Dear Kiwifruit and Jlow,
CONGRATS!!! And thank you for coming here to motivate us
happy.gif

Hi Schnauzie,
I've not heard abt the 8 characters clash thingy le. But do whatever that makes u comfy ya? Update us on ur test results!

Dear Bluberi,
Sporty's gynae said 6-8 weeks after D&C le. Mine came 40days later, which is 5.5 weeks. Hang in there!!!

Dear Winnie,
I do not think that ur colleague should decide on such life-altering issues for you. She has no right to decide if you should be contented with 1 or 2 or 3 children. Do not let her get you down. Note that she says 'what if' your health deteriorates. Your health has not shown signs of deterioration right?

Maybe one of us can consult our gynae with regards to too many D&C causing permanant illness like cancer or health deterioration etc. She does not know that MC 2 or 3 or even 4 times can still conceive successfully. She is not in this forum nor in a circle of people who are aware of this, which is why 3 times MC to her is unacceptable. Look at the success stories we have here. There is always hope for successful TTC, I believe!

So jiayou and take a back seat for now if you wish, discuss with ur hubby and update us ya? Don't be depressed over what she said!!!

Dear all,

I wrote on this forum on 8th Dec. Just want to update all that I am not pregnant anymore. My hcg level dropped and it was an early pregnancy loss. It was 18 ton the last check and I still have to continue going for blood test to make sure it goes to almost 0.

Thanks for providing support and comfort during this 2 weeks.

I am feeling better now and will keep my faith and spirit high.

Merry X'mas to all and hope all of us who are TTC will be sucessful with healthy and smooth pregnancy soon!

Love, Xtrogal

Hi Winnie Poo

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. Hope that your body is recovering well. I can truly relate to how you're feeling as our stories are very similar! It'll be advisable to check with your gynae with regards to the late arrival of your period. There are also cases where some ladies managed to conceive again before their period is due.

I had recurrent yeast infection while TTC after my 3rd MC. My gynae told me that the infection makes it more difficult for the sperm to 'swim up' because of the yeast, thus making conception even harder. My family GP even advised me to put off TTC until my yeast clears up.

I had my MC in Sep 07 and started trying again in Dec 07, succeeded in Jan 08. May be attributed to the Chinese medicine which I dutifully brewed and drank every alternate day.

3 MCs is defintely not the end of the chapter. You're certainly not fated to have only one child. Don't let your colleague's remarks discourage you. We're all here to give each other moral support!

Sincerely hope that you'll succeed in the next TTC...All the best!

Hi all
Am very sorry to hear about all these losses
Something to share, yesterday I was packing my cupboard when I saw this book that my sis bought for me when I just had my mc. It's called "Jesse" by Chris Pringle. In it, she speaks abt her miscarriage 26yrs ago and a pastor shared with her about how he saw children and babies in heaven. She then saw a vision of a very handsome man abt 20years plus and she realised its her son, grown up in Heaven. All along, I have always know that all babies, be it early termination of pregnancy, abortion, MC etc goes to Heaven but I didnt know that they actually grow up there too, under the best guidance and nurture they can get from angels and God. They cannot come to us but they are waiting for us in Heaven. We are all mothers already, just that some of our children are in Heaven and they are in good hands

Sorry if this post sounds religious, but I really hope this sharing can make you all feel better to know that your little ones are growing up under the best guidance in Heaven and waiting for us patiently

Hi ladies

Happen to chance upon this thread.

I had a MC in 1997. Foetus was found outside of the womb(sorry, not sure what the term is) when he/she was eight weeks old. Was too distraught to even try for another one. Thought we were destined to be childless. But, got pregnant in 2006 by accident. Now, mother to one healthy cheerful 19th months old princess.

JIA YOU!!!!!

Winnie, there is medication to make period come.. my gynea said if my period dun come 6wks aft M/C, den i can take medication. mi been seeing tcm doc since 1st M/C.

Sashamama, nw 7wks liao.. still no sign of period.. but funny to keep seeing EWCM tis few days but OPK -ve. sian sian sian!! tonite seeing tcm doc.

<font color="aa00aa">Dear Xtrogal,</font>
You sound ok and strong, that's good! Do drop by now and then and update us ya?
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Dear Roxy,</font>
Thanks for sharing, it's a nice thought
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Wendy,</font>
Thanks for coming in to motivate us and CONGRATS to having a lovely princess
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Dear Bluberi,</font>
How's ur visit to the TCM doc? U confirm it's EWCM? Did you try stretching it? Gross, but I guess that's how many gals confirm if it's really EWCM!

<font color="aa00aa">Hey gals,</font>
How's everything? Any updates?
happy.gif

hi sashamama,

sorry to intrude. but i sometimes see this thread becos it reminds me of my miscarriage as well. like to share something which is helpful for TTCing. hope u dun find me too kpo.

i saw u r using the method of measuring your body temp everyday. frankly speaking, i used to do that while TTcing too. i had stubborn PCOS n no menses, can be as long as half a year. i can understand its a tiring job.

later i found that its much more efficient, time saving and easier to use the monitoring cervical mucus (or discharge) method. have u heard before? u may like to use this method together with using ovulation kits as it helped me predict my ovulation very clearly. now i'm second time pregnant.

link on this info: http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1483/cm.html

Merry X'mas to all and baby dusts to all of you trying. Good luck!

Hi, Gals, Just a little bit update on my first visit to Dr TC Chang at TMC. Frankly speaking, he is quite professional and explains details of scanning.

Today is Day 23 of my cycle. Dr Chang did a ultrasound scanning and asked the nurse to do a blood test on progesterone. Dr said my womb is quiet OK but he suspects there is no ovulation for my current cycle. Strange, i can see the temperature increasing from my BTT chart. anyway, he asked me to do another blood test on Day 2 of next cycle. Will determine what to do next once the results are available. He didn't give me any medication but has given my hubby some sort of multi-vitamin which costs 80+.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year! Hope our mummy-to-be can become true in the new year!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

happen to chance upon this thread.

I lost my baby when I was 8 wks preggie when i went for my checkup last sat.. gynae said baby not growing well and no heartbeat.. I was devastated and I went for a D&amp;C on mon..

Now trying to "tiao" my body well so that I can try for anor one..

The most impt thing is hv to stay positive and nvr, nvr give up!!

Hi summer
Are you with Dr TC Chang on fertility issues? He's my gynae, very caring, detailed and very professional. He is the head of foetal assessment at TMC

If it's regarding fertility issues, you might want to try Dr LC Cheng. He's my first gynae, also from TMC and head of fertility. 6 cycles after MC, I was very distraught and so we decided to see Dr Cheng to determine if there's anything wrong with us. My hubby did an SA test and Dr Cheng monitored my egg size, hormonal levels, progesterone levels, womb lining etc to see whether everything ok with me or not and he let me know approximate timing that Im ovulating, best time to BD etc. And after ovulation, he test me again to see my progesterone level, whether its a good O etc. And praise God, I managed to strike the first cycle I was with him. Unfortunately when I was 5wks preggie, I had heavy bleeding and I thought that was it. I called Dr Cheng's line and another gynae told me, Im already miscarriaging, dun bother to come in. Luckily I managed to contact Dr Cheng, was hospitalised and under his care, baby was saved. He is now a healthy and very cheeky 7mth boy.

When I was 5 mths preggy, Dr Cheng never do any more ultrasound scan for me anymore. So I switched to Dr Chang and he is really very professional and caring. At 34weeks, baby was diagnosed with unnatural growth and Dr Chang monitored him weekly and let me know best time to deliver him. And his stitches are really good. I was able to walk out of bed by 2nd day after csect

You are in very good hands

Hi chuckybabe
My case is the same as you. I saw heartbeat then it stopped at wk8. Im now a mother, so dun give up!! Must tio your womb and I strongly recommend going to see TCM to strengthen your womb

Sashamama,yup.. can stretch one.. and i got it for a few days.. TCM doc said most prob by the time i discovered i haf already O-ed and over liao.. dats y opk -ve. *bleah* she said can TTC liao. mi nw taking provera to make AF report. counting the days.. it's almost the EDD of my 1st M/C bb.

Chuckybabe.. my 1st M/C bb heartbeat also stopped at wk8. u muz tiao ur body well.. dun be dispair!!

summer,
sorry quote you a bit:
But my menses has problems. The cycle is still ard 30 days, but it is not as heavy as the time before the surgery. Especially recently, it becomes quite less.

FYI. i usually have 6 days of bleeding for each period and my cycles are anywhere from 37-44 days. after my 4th miscarriage, i noticed that my period pattern changed. it went from 5 days of bleeding till after the 5th miscarriage, it went down to only 3 days of bleeding. thought something is not right and i imagine that this is not going to get any better maybe i'm destined not a have any child at all. until i got pregnant again for the 6th time on that 3-day bleeding period cycle and guess what, it sticked. it resulted in the birth of my 1st child on 2006. just went i thought it's getting worse, it took a twisted turn to my story. so as you can see, anything is possible if it's meant to be. if it could happen to me, it could happen to anybody.

to date, i still have a pedunculated fibroid that grows and shrinked at each pregnancy and never removed. that doesn't see to be the main culprit of my failed pregnancies. weird isn't it.

Hi All,

I have menses for abt 3 wks after my m/c. It rested for 1 wk and my first cycle after m/c is 1 wk later. Any ladies here experience the same thing? have checked with my gynae and he said that is bec hormones is all haywired. He told me to go back to him after 1 wk, if i still have menses. Will have to take hormone pill to regulate the mense. Does anyone know whether this hormones pill have any side effects or can tcc when taking? Thanks.

Hi Roxy,
Really happy to know you had a cheeky boy now. Your experience did encourage all of us here
happy.gif
Actually my MC case is very similar to yours. I also saw bb heart beat around 7weeks but had some pinky spots. The sad story is bb heartbeat stopped on 9th week. It happened in April this year. I went to see TCM after that and already under TCM for 9 months upto now. We didn't TTC during this period of time as I'd like my womb fully recovered. My menses is light compared to before, and we plan to TTC after CNY, so went to see Dr Chang for some advice, scanning and hormonal test. Ultransound shows my womb lining is fine, and endometrium is 7.3mm on Day23 which i thought is not that good, but Dr said it is still ok. The progesterone on Day23 shows I did ovulate that cycle. I had hormonal test on Day 2 of my new cycle yesterday, think the result will be ready next week. My hb did SA test in Oct but it shows not good. So he is under TCM too.. sigh... the busiest thing at my home is the TCM brewing pot, almost work everyday. Anyway, Dr asked hb to do another SA test in Jan to see there is any improvement. Dr chang think generally we should not have problem in conceiving and asked us to TTC naturally for 3mths, if cannot conceive, then see him again. Still, i have no idea why bb heartbeat stopped last time.
sad.gif

Hi Melissa,
Happy for you. After suffering so many times of disappointment and sadness, it finally ends up with good story.
happy.gif
Is there any reason that Dr said to you regarding your re-current miscarriage? Yah, your menses situation is simiar to mine. After my last MC, my period only lasts upto 3 days. In the recent months, it can last 5-6 days, but flow is definitely light.

Hi, gals, just got my hormonal test results. My prolactin exceeds the upper limit, normal range is 3.4-24 and mine is 30.9. Dr asked me to take medicine "Parlodel" for one month. Wondering whether it has side effect or not. Any lady has the similar problem as me?? Seeking advices. Thanks!!!!

summer,
wow what kind of tests did you take and how much does it cost you? i never took that hormonal test but a chance routine NKF test showed an elevated amount of clotting (i forgot the actual term). but that basically means my blood is too thick and probably did not reach the fetus as it should be. therefore i was put on a daily dose of aspirin, which turns out to be my magical drug that finally sustains my pregnancy.

i read a bit about elevated prolactin. do you have PCOS? b'cos if you do, elevated prolactin might be the effect of it. i don't think you have a problem conceiving, you just can't sustain it. if it's your 1st miscarriage, trust me the doctors are right when they say it's bad luck. i also find it's easier to treat infertility than the inability to sustain pregnancies. they're both different. for the latter, you definitely need more luck than anything else in the world.

Hi summer
Im very sorry to hear about your case, but dun give up k? Mine happened in March last year, I also couldnt understand why bb heartbeat stopped...Everyone says its cause baby is not healthy but as we all know, this reason is not enough to comfort us. Worst case was my AF got screwed up after the MC.. So I went to see TCM and he managed to strengthen my womb. So you and hubby are doing right thing, TCM is indeed very vital. No worries abt light AF, all this while, mine also super light, finish in 2-3 days. My BBT also always very low.
Not very sure abt the drug, but I trust Dr Chang and his professional advice

Melissa, you are right... sustaining pregnancy seems to be more difficult than getting pregnant.. lotsa luck and prayers are needed

Melissa and roxy,
Very happy to have your encouragement here. sure, i agree with both of you. Conceiving is not really a problem for me, i believe. Instead, sustaining is such a big and difficult task. Yah, I would say I am really not lucky through the whole 2008. It seems that things turn much better just entering 2009 for my hubby, he got quite a number of good news for his work etc... Let's hope our Baby plan will be the next good news in 2009.
happy.gif
Jia You!

hi ladies..

my period is still playing the MIA games despite me taking medication to make it come!! been almost a week since i completed the 7days dosage of Provera and nt even a teeny weeny drop of blood nw. last time it normally comes within a week aft the medication one. i wan my period to report for CNY.. counting the days.. 2mths+ since my 2 M/C.. n 2 wks to the EDD of my 1st M/C. sianz...

ladies, just to want to rant about..
i tested positive last wk of dec and started to have spotting yesterday.
went to see my gynae this morning, she was telling me that i have either early pregnancy or chemical pregnancy.
need to go down again on monday to do blood test.
i just feel so disappointed..

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Elmo,</font>
Thanks for coming in to share your tips! Of course you are not too kpo la!!! Come in more and share tips with us!!!

<font color="aa00aa">Dear Elmo and Successful Mummies,</font>
Please fill in your info with us to motivate us ya?
<font color="ff0000">Please Add On To The List!!!
Nick:
Number of M/Cs:
Pregnant after How Many Menstrual Cycles:
Month of Delivery: </font>

<font color="aa00aa">Dear Summer,</font>
Hope your doc's method will work for you and may you BFP very soon!!!

<font color="aa00aa">Dear Chuckybabe,</font>
Sorry to hear about ur loss. Jiayou and visit us here when you need support ya? Alternatively, you can join the TTC for 2009 babies thread here: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2052338/1296508.html?1231676188

<font color="aa00aa">Dear Bluberi,</font>
Take care ya? Maybe you wanna ask ur doc if there're other ways or visit TCM and see how? Keep us updated
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Dear Funne,</font>
All the best to the BT tmr. Be strong, dear!

piggym, nope i nv see doc.

Sashamama, i actually called my gynea last fri. she asked to me test if i was preggie, if not den take one more round of Provera if AF still dun report by Friday. i confirm nt preggie.. tested twice with HPT and for BFN.. super bold red control line lor!!

aft lunch tum tum feeling abit funni.. abit like cramps (too long nv haf bad cramps, so almost forgotten how it is like), went toilet to check.. aha! my AF finally decided to end her super LONG holiday and report for work liao. but i nt sure if i wan to TTC anot liao... maybe juz let it be natural ba..

Jia you summer!! Hope Dr Chang can help you and bring good news to you
happy.gif
How do you find him as a fertility doctor? My friend is looking for a doctor and she tried LC Cheng with no results. Can I ask her to PM you regarding Dr Chang on fertility?

hi funne
Hang in there gal!! Now is the time for lotsa prayers and faith. Did you ask your gynae whether can you be hospitalised? Or at least take a HCG level test? Because even if you are spotting, but your HCG levels are rising, your baby will be alright. During my 4 - 5th week, I bled so heavily it was like first day of AF. Gynae also told me im miscarriaging, dun bother coming to hospital. Luckily my regular gynae persisted, hospitalised me, gave medicine and jab. If he didnt do this, I think my baby will be gone already. Throughout my entire first trimester, I bled most of the way. So dun give up k? If need be, see a second opinion or insist to be hospitalised. Ask your gynae to give you "prolution" jab, helps to stabilise pregnancy. And try to be on bed rest these few days, will stop spotting/bleeding. And prayers really help too. Hope all will be fine for you

check with ur ar... first AF aft M/C.. do u haf small blood-clot like discharge? the first AF for my 1st M/C, i nv see any blood-clot like discharge. maybe coz womb beri clean aft DnC. but nw my first AF aft 2nd M/C haf alot of blood-clot like discharge. hope nothing is wrong with mi.

went for 2nd blood test on mon. the level dropped from 2000+ to 400+. confirmed m/c liao.
but my discharge seems stop and i didn't see any blood clot pass few days.
got the feeling need to do d/c to clean in when i visit my gynae next wed.
maybe i didn't see heartbeat this time round. very very xian.
anyone have the similar experiences?

hi everyone... need advise?
was trying baby for the last 6 months but to no avail.. went through the roller coaster rides and feeling so demoralised. all these while my mense was not regular, sometimes montly, sometimes once every 2 or 3 or even 6. My last mense was on 20th of last month. just last week on the 10th , i thot i was spotting but later on it went on n confirmed it was menses...
sad.gif
realli feeling very lousy n plus all the pressures from surrounding... anyone can advise me what i should do next?i realli wish to have a BB. Have been on TCM for a while to tiao my body but seems not much help except more regular menses?

hi sashamama,
thanks. my info:

Nick:elmo
Number of M/Cs: 1
Pregnant after How Many Menstrual Cycles: couldnt count, coz have PCOS, haywired menses cycles. but took 1+yr to become pregnant again.
Month of Delivery: dec

hi sharon,

AF=auntie flow, mense.
MC=miscarriage
D&amp;C=surgery to remove foetus aft miscarriage.

i also had irregular menses, as long as 6 months. meaning two menses a year! but its becoz i have ovulation problem (PCOS) condition. i found a gynae specialising in infertility to treat me. was on clomid for 6 cycles, maximum liao, still failed. then i also demoralised, went to TCM. tiao already maybe another more than half a year, also no success, then went back to gynae to ask for medicine for my menses flow, coz menses still irregular. that's when i get pregnant naturally. so i guess TCM helps in a way together with gynae's monitoring.

don't be disheartened, n dun give yourself too much stress. i only get a baby after 3 years of trying.

the fact that your menses are more regular means that TCM works...n u have more chances to ovulate and try for baby. so dun give up hope.

most importantly, u should find a good gynae and he/she is working together with you to help u in family planning. coz if really have a medical condition not diagnosed, chances might be slim without u knowing. My PCOS condition reduces my chances to conceive, but whatever small the percentage of success maybe, its still possible for me to get pregnant. now a real-life example.

Good luck!

hi roxyz

trully inspired by your story. I just had miscarriage and story almost like you but too sad i lost it during heavy bleeding
currently looking for good TCM and gynae for high risk pregnancy. I feel that it's because of my weak womb

can i know where is your TCM?
i am considering between dr.W.K.Tan, dr.L.C.Cheng or dr.T.C.Chang? which one is specialize to high risk pregnancy?

thanks in adv and all the best

hi mildstrawberry
Im very sorry to hear about your MC. I can understand your feelings. When the first bleeding started, I just cried my heart out, cause I thought its gone case le, and MC again so soon after my first MC. I bled 3 times, and twice hospitalised during 1st trimester. I had 2 sacs but only one was viable and the other was a blighted ovum. I can't help thinking whether the blighted ovum was due to the bleeding but Im very thankful one survived

My Tcm is at Bt Batok, after mc, my AF went haywire and he helped to stabilise it for me.
Im not sure abt WK Tan but I know a few female TCS artisties go to her, she is quite old but caring... for LC Cheng and TC Chang, both were my gynaes and equally professional..LC Cheng was the one who saved my bb by insisting I be hospitalised and giving me 1 mth of hospitalisation leave. He stopped scanning baby after 5th mth, so I switched to TC Chang. Dr Chang is extremely detailed, I find more than Dr Chang, every visit he scans bb in very detailed manner. He was head of foetal medicine in KK and now head of foetal assessment in TMC. In my 8th mth,bb was diagnosed with adnormal growth (by the time I delivered, there was a 7 weeks growth gap between his head and body) but he monitored me closely and determined when was best time to take bb out. Im very grateful to both of them

<font color="ff0000">Sashamama's Spree - Closes on 21Jan Wed</font>

Please post a message in "TTC for 2009 Babies" http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2052338/1296508.html?1232267699 if you'd like to order the OPK/HPT strips. I'm getting from the UK site, per strip is about 40cents only. I'd compile the orders, ask Jandew for help to order, collect from Jandew and deliver to u gals, I drive
happy.gif

<u>Do indicate the following info when you order</u>
Nick:
15miu OPK (Most Sensitive) Quantity:
30miu OPK Quantity:
HPT Quantity:

For more info on the strips, visit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&amp;item=150313937597

p/s: I'm not earning any commission hor! haha...

<font color="ff0000"><u>Orders so far</u></font>
Sashamama - 50 OPK (15miu) + 10 HPT

Hi all,
It seems that many of us lost our precious ones at wk 8 too.

I too dun understand how could things turn out this way. I tried my best and even avoided all my fav food &amp; cold drink but i still lost my precious one after seeing the heartbeat once at wk 8 but only 6mm.

I went for a second opinion one day later and it was said 13mm but no heartbeat! I totally freaked out! On Friday, i went back to my original gynae and she confirmed can't be saved anymore. It's shrinking....it's oni 4.5mm at 9 wks.... with no heartbeat.We tried for almost 2 years before we finally have our little one but it left us so suddenly just right after we saw the heartbeat.....It's really cruel for us...I guess we could only pray for our little one in the heaven.

dear einnoc,

do not be sad. I understand how u feel.Me had M/c at 5 mths plus too . was v sad and took a while for me to get over.
meanwhile now, u must take care of ur health and do a mini confinment.

do not give up, and take care. : )

piggym, i had blood clots for abt 3days.. nt sure izit my 2nd M/C nv go dnc, so still got some clots still inside. dat time AF aft 1st M/C was beri clean, no blood clot one.

my AF since 1st time M/C beri short cycle and oni 1 day each for light, medium and heavy flow.. by CD4 and CD5 would be 50cent coin size n spotting liao. last time before preggie almost 3-4days of heavy flow and AF last 8-10days

Hi ladies..

I had a miscarriage 2 years ago..then a successful pregnancy..my boy is almost 2 years old..But now I'm going thru another miscarriage at 5 weeks.

Dear Winnie n other ladies who have gone thru more than 1 D&amp;C..
It is possible NOT to have a D&amp;C..I had a natural m/c at home..its more painful, more blood..but many studies have shown many D&amp;Cs are not necessary bcos the womb is capable of dispelling the tissue/blood by itself..D&amp;Cs carry a certain risk..n having more than 2-3 can cause future infertility.

I'm going thru this m/c now at home..my previous m/c at 10 weeks was also natural..I suffered painful cramps n a lot of bleeding..but I didnt need a D&amp;C..n my gynae also didnt insist I had one..I went for follow-up n the womb is clear.

I will be reporting to the gynae next week..jus to confirm that I actually went thru a m/c, check HCG levels and hopefully no more bleeding by then.
The cramping n bleeding has subsided and I should be well enough to go back to housework etc by tomorrow.

Do check out the net..many women esp in the Western countries..go thru natural m/c..and recover well.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of u here..and I hope u all will give a thought to what I shared..and be more informed in your decision.

Hi Charis,

Sorry that I ask.. From ur previous m/c, u mentioned it was at 10weeks, but didnt that time the bb was already in form and inshape? It was just discharge as blood??

Charis

I've had plenty of miscarriages. Then 2 successful pregnancies and another recent miscarriage. I've been through 2 natural miscarriages. I'm not pro or against natural miscarriages. In fact natural tends to be good (tends, not necessarily so). It hurts, to the extend, almost like labor pain, depending on how far along you were pregnant before a miscarriage process begins. There's also the risk of infection. Maybe I should tell the others you still have the option of going through painless D&amp;C or natural, but it's a lot more painful.

My first miscarriage was painful similar to my labour pain and i was 14 weeks along. Not forgetting the passing out of the fetus or product of conception, as the medical professionals called it. I don't know what to do with it. Flush down the toilet or dump it somewhere? anyway just to relate my experience to you. As for blood clots, there could still be some left in the womb so I usually go for Malay traditional massage to help reshape my womb and expel the blood away after a miscarriage. Just like what I did after a delivery.

It's amazing that after several miscarriages I still feel sad losing every single one. Whether it's expected or not, they're still a part of me and a part of my hubby and I always wonder how they would look like if they're born.

TreeIce..The Baby had some form I guess..but when was passed out u just can't make out anything..everything just looks bloody tissue and clots.

Mrs Puff..I'm sorry for yr loss..I know every miscarriage is tough.

Yes its true everyone is entitled to choice..I'm just informing that natural m/c is a choice too..cos in S'pore most gynaes will just tell u must go D&amp;C..but it is not a must..
Natural m/c is of cos more painful..But in terms of infection, the risk is smaller than performing repeated D&amp;Cs.

einnoc,
I learn something new from reading your post. Is it possible that the baby grows and then shrinks when the heartbeat is no longer there? I thought they just simply stop growing and whatever length they have achieved, it stays that way? i didn't know it will shrink. Can anyone verify with that?

anyone knows how much will a chromosome test cost and is it medisave-claimable?

Back