Support group - Miscarriages

hi ariago,
May i know can we drink dom when we hv menses? Thk u 4 ur patience and advise..
Hi sandy,
How r u?u already did ur d&c rite? Resting at hm now? Did u do ur mini confinement? Btw, understand that menses will only be abit only after d&c, is it true? Take care..
Hi i am urs,
Oh, u oreadi do d&c. Is it painful? May i know how much it cost to do d&c at kk? How r u now? Try stay relax and tiao ur body now. Dont think too much.. I am still waiting 4 my menses to come.. Sian.. Not sure got to wait 4 how long.. Sigh.. Am going do my bt tomoro to see my hcg level.. To see roughly when menses come.. If level goes up, i may need do d&c.. Hope menses will come itself soon..

joanne,
when i did my bld test todae, it only decrease to 11 000++... last test last sat was at 14000++ quite a small drop...
my procedure is called the evacuation of the womb... juz suction only, according to the gynae...
wasnt too painful, juz didnt like the jabs... was put on ga, the effort was fast, i knock off within minutes i went into the operating theatre...
est total bill abt $1.4k... paid $300 in cash, can claim abt $1.1k in medisave... exact bill will come in abt 1 mth time...
sandy, joanne,
we all hv to rest well...
happy.gif
jia you and we will b preggy in no time... hugs...

hi i am urs,
That was cheap compare to private.. That day my doc say it cost $2k for d&c. Scare me. Btw,who is ur gynea who scan u today? If i need to do d&c,will go kk too. Cheaper.. Very strange is i hv no spotting at all, not sure why doc say no bb.. May go see ur gynea 4 2nd opinion if hcg level go up 2moro. Btw, after d&c, did u experience cramp now? Alot of menses? As they say do d&c will reduce alot of menses, is it true? Do rest well.. Take care.. Take some ginger food if possible..

hi sandy and I m urs,

do take care and do a mini confinement to "pu " ur health.
I know how you ladies feel cos I have been thru myself. the pain and the sadness.

Be strong! do come in to chat. We will be here for you.

joanne,
i was with kkh, so scan by sonographer, bld test by another department... i was with senior consultant benjamin tham, then senior consultant cc khong... my hubby prefer cc khong...
v thankful for cc khong also... coz he prepared me, at least i no need to go back another day for the op...
while i was preggy, i didnt really had spotting... juz come and go... dont really hv cramps too...
after my op, i felt cramps for a few hrs, then this morning ok le... my bleeding ok, almost stopped le...
gynae n nurses say bleeding can last abt 4 to 5 days, after that, will hv to wait for menses to come as ur body regulate itself...
cant really remember menses will reduce alot anot... but got certain things might happen... late menses, no menses... duno wat other things... when he explain i was still quite blur and stoned...
now only can let the body recover and regulate itself...
happy.gif

hugs to all mummy who hv gone thru it...

Hi joanne.. was already passed... I didn't really do any confinement.. just eat as usual... cos my gynae said no point since now whatever we eat will come out cos our menses is coming.. and he doesn't advice essence cos will circulate the blood and menses will not stop..

Hb support very impt.. my hb has been with him thru out these few days I am on MC... I am grateful for him to be ard with me... cos I am not thinking so much since he bring him jalang jalang... till tire come back and rest hehe..

'Zhen Xi Yan Qian Ren'

Take care..

Hi,

Do u cremate & or 'chao1 du4' ur baby, so that he/she can leave in peace & go for reincarnation?

If so, how to go abt doing it, at temple?

Any difference if the baby is only 8-9 wks old when u lost it?

Hi Sandy,
Yes...u r right... dh support very important.. my AF has report last Saturday and DH very supportive and caring to me... he take care our DS himself and had also go "FU HUA" to buy the ingredient to make "Hong zhao tea" Red dates drink for me to drink... as I got alot of wind in my stomach... so didn't drink plain water... just drink the drink he makes for me... feel so sweet... ;-) yet at the same time, deep in my heart, I feel so bad... as didn't give him a 2nd kid and make him so busy to take care of me and our son... sigh...

Hi I am urs,
How are you? Still bleeding? My menses is heavy only first 2 days...today quite ok but my doctor say it may come and go again so asks me see how for next few days... sian... now take MC for today.. not sure shd I take for tomorrow since i am quite ok today.. just abit of migrane...think menses will come again... for past 2 days... really got bad cramp.. until drop tears.. didn't want to take panadol..can't even stand straight.. today feel so much better... sigh... hope all this will be over soon.. how many days MC did your doctor give you? So did u tell ur company about your miscarriage? I don't want my collegues to know so lie to them that I got diarrahoe today...may still need to take mc this week... see how then..not sure what excuse to use liao... keke...

Hi ariajo,
May I know how you make the "Shi quan da bu tang"? I buy it at EYS but they say is for 3 to 4 person... but only me drink... how?? can teach me how you make it for urself only?? U boil everything in the package too?? did u add in any meat inside?? please teach me on how you cook... look forward to hear from you soon... thank you.

joanne,
i only told those reliable ones abt my miscarriage, dont want the whole co to know... did my op on fri, gynae gave me hosp leave till this fri... but i m thinkin of going back to work tml... my colleagues struggling hard without me... feeling so guilty...

i didnt really bleed, may b only 1st 2 days... but i got cramps on n off... sometimes could b quite bad...
sad.gif

Hi I am urs,
So if you got cramp... how you going to work? got any painkiller to use??
Wah... doctor only give mc till this Friday?? Usually people got 2-3wks HL for D&C. I am on MC today.. . just go see my doctor downstair, he gave me 2 days mc after telling him the truth.. as I got migraine...think menses will still come more... sianz...he gave me some painkiller...

joanne,
gynae gave me tonnes of antibiotics... got give painkiller, but i didnt want to take...

i dont think i went thru d&c... mine, was under the section of evcaution of the uters... i think only use suction... i also duno lar... gyane was saying, ppl recover abt 3-4 days after the op...

u got msn??

hi mummies,
Got to know my baby is not growing.I am into 6week,gynae only saw sac,no heartbeat.If still no grow next week,gone case.This will be my 3rd m/c.
After my 2nd m/c,i rested for 6mth then ttc.I strike the 1st time we tried,yet,ended up another m/c

Feeling very lousy,we've been taking TCM n vitamins for few mths b4 TTC,yet,end up another trauma
sad.gif

Hi I am Urs,
May i know which gynae r u seeing?I am seeing Dr Peter Chew.Might seek a 2nd opinion fr. Dr TC Chang coz i would prefer to do DnC at TMC than Gleneagles.
I am looking for another gynae who could perform DnE other than Dr Peter Chew.
Can I hv ur msn?

hi avocado

sorry to hear your case. I also just had miscarriage last dec.
it's good to hear 2nd opinion, hope there is improvement in another week. Cos in 6th week, sometimes still couldn't hear the heartbeat. But as long as pregnancy stable, meaning no bleeding and scan showed quite well, then better to wait. Hope all the best and the miracle happens

For my case, i could not hear the heartbeat even at 8 wks, and from the last scanning, there were space that could cause bleeding. It was true, the day aft it, i experienced spotting and bleeding then miscarriage naturally after few days.

heard dr Peter Chew is specialized in high pregnancy, maybe can ask him the reason of it?
i also heard that Dr T.C.chang is a very detail gynae if you would like to know more, no harm of trying him.

I just went to my gynae yesterday. Should be 7 wks now but scan only shows 6 wks 3 days. And gynae said my baby's heartbeat is very slow, likely to have a miscarriage.
sad.gif
And i notice my morning sickness has disappeared.

This will be my 2nd miscarriage. Had a miscarriage last June. Very upset coz similar to avocado, i've done all i could to prepare myself for this pregnancy. Really scared that i will never have a child of my own.
sad.gif

hi mildstrawberry,
my gynae oredi suspect something wrong during my 1st visit to him when i was 5th week.I tink this will be another unhealthy preggie.

which gynae r u visiting?

I am wf Dr Chew.I guess most gynae couldn't explain the reason of miscarriage...mostly due to poor eggs or sperms.

did u experience any cramp?has ur gynae confirmed that everything has been expelled out?

Dear Sandy & i m urs,
Sorry to hear abt abt your loss. I am too coping with mine. Let's brace ourselves and may tomorrow always be a better day.

Btw Joanne,
Please go and extend yr mc if you dun feel well....I remembered my hb told me that my gynae said can go back to ask for extension if i'm still unwell after 2 weeks.... But i return to work after 1 wk lar....coz scare the workload pile up too high....

Dear Avocado & Freesia,
Dun lose hope yet! I came across somewhere that different babies grow at different phase. Dun worry too much and must be happy as it can affect its growth too.

For mine, i only saw heartbeat at Week 8. But i lost it at Wk 9 probably due to the fact that i was upset and quarreling with my hb.

Hi Horlicks,
I lost mine at 9 weeks. As i kept dreaming abt the baby & having dreams, i was told to "chao du" for my unborn baby. PM me if you would like more details.

Hi Ladies,
Anyone who has the experience of natural mc??
My AF report last Sat and got server cramp until can' stand straight... Got clots also but strange is it only bleeds alot on Sunday... then since yesterday... no much of bleeding. just on and off... and no more cramp... i was worry whether this is normal.. so I call my doctor, he says maybe will come back again.. alamak, whycan't it just come all at one time... sigh... now I am feeling so much better... so I am now worry what if it doesn't come anymore??? is it I am suppose to do D&C to clear up?? Anyone got such experience that it comes aot, then stop then come again?? sigh...I am quite worry lor...
Hi Avocado,
Oh no... what happen?? 3rd mc, how can you take it?? think u must do a detail scan to find out why and what happen before you try conceive again.. only find out the root cause then u can resolve it and get pregnant till full term again... jia you jia you... we will support each other...
Hi I am urs,
U really go back to work today?? Hope you are feeling fine now... I am still on MC...

hi joanne, i had natural m/c too.. i had scanned sac before so i saw the sac being expelled out only a week later.. my bleeded lasted quite long.. spotted that weekend, bleeding 2 days later and the following weekend the sac was expelled out.. in btn, alot of blood clot.. and the spotting again until it totally stop 2 weeks later.

i had bad cramp and very very bad backache too, but only on the first day of bleeding. my gynae was dr cheng from tmc, he will ask me go back for hcg blood test every week until my hcg level went down to 1-2.. maybe you would like to check with your gynae if you need to go for HCG test? my gynae did that to ensure everything is clear so that there will be no infection

Oops... i think i made a mistake. The below msg is for i m urs instead of Joanne.

Please go and extend yr mc if you dun feel well....I remembered my hb told me that my gynae said can go back to ask for extension if i'm still unwell after 2 weeks.... But i return to work after 1 wk lar....coz scare the workload pile up too high....

Hi Joanne,
Some ppl have remaining tissues after their natural mc. Therefore, need to be cleaned up by gynae. You must check with yr gynae wor especially if you have severe pain.

Hi Guillian,
I don't have a sac so not sure that's why my bleeding only last for 2 days?? hmm... so you do bt every week? ya, i went for blood test last weekend, level is 1700 for HCG and that night bleed so I am quite confused why it start bleed so much when my level is still so high??? and that time when I hasn't bleed, my doctor predict I will start bleed by end of this week... if not then got to do BT again...but end up last weekend already start to bleed.. so I am thinking am I going to continue bleed heavy agian on coming end of the week? Is it same as you? Bleed heavy, stop then bleed heavy again?? Wah... didn't know ur menses last for 2 wks... so did you try natural on that same month??

hi joanne, yes, i took blood test every week..abt 4-5 x before it went down to below 5. hmm, my first week was continuous bleeding, then following week slowly turn to spotting and stop.

my level was 2700+ and suay suay i bled the next day. mine did not stop completely, so i cant really advise you.. i wanted to try the next cycle, but who knows, my cycle was short and af came again before i detect the ovulation. beforehand, my gynae did scan another follicle while i was bleeding, to see if i have infection and said my body was ready for next cycle.. but it failed to ovulate

Hi Avocado,

the morning before i miscarriage naturally, i suffered severe cramp for few hours, then after it, passed out the clots with bleeding.
I did a D&C the same day in the afternoon, because actually had already planned to do so, but it happened before. I was bleeding for one week aft D&C then stop, but no cramp at all.

Don't be dishearten, let's pray for the miracle and hope all the best

Hi Gillian

are you with dr.L.C.Cheng? sounds he is very detail. My gynae never advised me to take blood test aft miscarriage, hence i weren't aware about it
sorry for my ignorance, what is the blood test for? did you do D&C aft natural m/s?

may i know what else Dr.Cheng advise? i really keen to try Dr.Cheng for my next pregnancy, but heard he is more specialize in fertility instead of high risk pregnancy

freesia,
i know how u feel...very dishearted,right?Why keep happened to us?
I've done all the tests n results r fine.Furthermore,i've a son,thus,balanced translocation is out.I wonder wat happened too.

so far,wat tests hv u done?do msn me....

einnoc,
emotional stress won't cause m/c....pls don't blame ur hb.

mildstrawberry,
hv u gone bk to ur gynae to scan n make sure everything has been expelled out??

hmm...i am oredi mentally prepared tat the baby will b gone coz i am in 7wk...even there might b heartbeat developed later,it'll diminish oso..coz the baby growth is not normal.

My frd who is in her mid 20s,has her 1st baby by accident,lost the baby after 5mths.The baby oredi shown very slow growth in the beginning.At the end,the heartbeat stopped at 5th mth.

my hb sperms count is ok,but his morphology is a bit out of range.Sometimes,i wonder if it is due to his weak sperm that cause the fertilization delayed.my hb is quite weak.I made tonic for him but doesn't seem to help.

We've tried our best,took tcm,multivitamin,but end up 3m/c.The tests oso showed we r ok.Mayb we shld go for full spectrum of health screening after this.And do more exercises.Other than that,i can't tink of anything else i could do.

mildstrawberry,
i tried to pm u but can't.could u pm me?i would like to give u more details abt gynae who manage high risk preggie

hi avocado and gillian,
be strong gals.
I know how hard is it to go thru.
I had a m/c too few mths back at mid trimester too.
take care.

avocado,

I think 6 weeks may still be a tad early in determining whether a pregnancy is viable or otherwise. In my case, there was no heartbeat during my 1st visit with my obgyn at late week 5/ early week 6 but we saw our lil one's heartbeat during the 2nd visit 2 weeks later. (He's currently 7 months already!)

Most importantly, my obgyn did not appear the least bit alarmed at the lack of a heartbeat in my initial visit despite the fact that this was my 2nd pregnancy (my 1st one was naturally miscarried due to no heartbeat at week 8). Hence, please do not be disheartened. Continue to rest and eat well so that the little one in you can grow and thrive. All the best!

Hi to all..

I have gone back to work since Monday...

Hi freesia.. yes.. don't give up hope yet since still got heartbeat ya... rest more.. and don't walk too much..

Mummies... who is TTC... my experience is to take folic way before you conceive... my last one cos I took it later...so I suspect that is the reason why..

hi, all. Thanks for the encouragement. I am supposed to go back on next Mon to check baby's progress. But not optimistic coz my pregnancy symptoms are dropping. I don't feel nauseous and breasts don't feel sore anymore. So i am prepared for the worst...sigh...

Avocado, sorry, i don't have msn as my company blocks it. I did a blood test after my first D&C. I think it is the m/c profile test? I know i don't have problems with thyroid, diabetes, antibodies against baby, etc. But i haven't done the chromosome test and the balanced translocation thingy. Think i will ask the gynae to do everything this time round. Are there any other tests beside chromosome and balanced translocation? And if we fail the chromosome and balanced tranlocation test, what does it mean?

Hi Avocado,

Happened to pop by and saw ur posting. Do not lose heart yet, all is not known as yet. what do u mean by ur gynae isn't too hopeful during ur first visit at 5weeks? as in, cant see the yolk sac? there is a possibility of late ovulation thus the late development. for my ger, i only saw the heartbeat at 6wk plus too so it might still be early for you... will keep u n baby in my prayers... keep us updated ok.

Aileen,
thks for remember me
happy.gif

the embryo appears to be smaller than usual.I am at week6,can only see yolk sac..not even fetal pole.The sac is not growing much compared to the scan he did during our visit.
i still feel preggie,hv a bit nausea,white discharge.But it doesn't matter,coz i feel the baby is oredi unhealthy,even he/she is growing but is not at right track..eventually,will stop growing as wat i experienced in my previous m/c.

freesia,
chromosome test is very costly.u might wanna find out more fr. ur gynae if it is necessary.For my case,i've a son so unlikely we've balanced translocation.My 2nd m/c is due to the baby has chromosome defects-triploidy,whereby the baby has 3pairs of chromosome.It is difficult to explain in detail,i suggest u can look up more info fr.nets.

Hi, bLuBeRi_2009MTB

Has your period come after your last D&C? Did you take any medication fm yr gynae for the period to come.
It has been almost 4th mth after my D&C in end Oct and my period hasn't come. Have very very unbearable cramps for last Dec & Jan but still no menes. Gynae said it could due to my womb lining not probaby form yet and stress. M on medication now to build up the womb lining. Hope that period will come this mth. This is very abnormal right? Normally period will come after 6-8 of D&C fm my 2 experiences.

snow,
thks for ur encouragement.I guess it doesn't matter anymore whether if we could c the heartbeat or not.The prob is the sac isn't growing compared to the 1st scan we did a week ago.There isn't any fetal pole.

i try to stay +ve n prepare for the worst at the same time.

hi avocado. When are u going to visit your gynae again?

I can't wait for Monday to come... at least i can have a closure and move on. It's a torture to wait. Sigh...

hi freesia,
same, i oso can't wait MONDAY to come.I don't know who am I going to spend my wkend...waiting,uncertain,fear,hopeful....i couldn't sleep n eat well.

Ya,I oso can't wait i've a closure n move on.

freesia,
i even hv bad dreams almost every nite.I am oso worried i see blood for every toilet visits.

It is reali "emotional torture".

which gynae r u seeing?

my first m/c in jul last yr. did d&c and menses came back 1 mth after.
i had another m/c in jan again, but it's chemical pregnancy and only heavy flow for 3 days.
it has been a mth and menses not back yet.
anyone exp the same?

avocado, i am seeing dr. joycelyn wong.

I'm a bit numb now... see bloodflow also never mind liao. I just hope to finish everything soon and start all over again. I even joked with my hubby that i will not wait so long this time round before i TTC again. I waited for 4 months after my first m/c and did all the preparation (multi-vits, TCM, stop drinking tea & coffee, etc). But still ended up in failure. So this time round, i will do the chromosome test. If i pass the test, i will start TTC immediately liao. Sianz.

Funne, maybe you wait for 1 - 2 more weeks first. If AF still don't report, then check with your doc?

freesia,
i know wat u mean..i am running out of patience.I am in a dilemma...i hope there is a miracle...bb got heartbeat n growth improves.On the other hand,i know this is not possible coz only saw a sac in wk7.

My hb n me will do a chromosome test after ending this episode.3m/cs...something is not right.I read abt other contributing factors of "silent" chromosomal abnormality in parents, that can cause recurrent miscarriages in some couples.

If the test is ok(hope so),then we'll carry on wf TCM,multivits,exercises(which we lack of it).I've been off coffee for 3yrs,only drink a cup of tea in the morning.

Winnie Poo, ur period still have come 4mths after m/c? when mine didn't come 6wks after m/c.. i took medication to make it come.. normally aft medication period will come abt 7days later, but tis time mine came oni 10days liao.. tink my system siao siao liao.

my current cycle also dunno got ovulate anot.. CD31 today.. even if got ovulate also no hope me coz my bbt is getting really low after "ovulation". it's oni 35.7deg. sian sian sian!!
sad.gif

hi nike..
no, this is gonna be my 2nd child.. hope to hear good news frm u soon..

sorry to hear that this thread is active these days...

avocado
for u... copy n paste..i'm now 14th weeks preggie after a chemical pregnacy..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
actually like the chemical pregancny i had earlier onz, i sorta know i am preggie by 3rd week, with lots of burping, gases and bloatiness. i started testing on HPTs and it's only until CD39 tat shows a very faint positive. (my last cycle was 39 days).

somehow differnt from the previous chemical pregnancy, i am very calm and positive this time round... i dunno what got into me then and i was getting all worried reading the miscarriages threads and finding more infor.. but this time round, i know it's going to be a healthy pregnancy..

some of the funny things that happened.. 2 days after i did it, i woke up and recalled seeing a girl in the dream...in another dreams a few days later, i recalled seeing lots of kids..about 7 days after the deeed, my dream includes a boy... so i guess all these r good signs..and true indeed .

ohhh for those who have already started trying... i drank EYS gingseng wine daily to boost my health and energy (stopped during the 2ww). the first 2 mths i took 2 bottles of EYS BFW with the hope to regulate and shorten my menses but without success.. so by the 3rd mth, i took 4 bottles of EYS BFW (tat's when i striked).. and i oso did the most pantang thing... i carried my colleague's newborn when she came to the office for visit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
my menses went frm 35 regular days to 39 to 45 days after the chemical pregnancy.. the initial stage of this preggie i had spotting and is put on duphaston for a week.. things had since stablized.. the 12th weeks oscar results are good and is hoping that things will go well in the detailed scan in 1.5mths time..

please do not give up.. it's painful.. it hurts... but end of the day, a child/bb smile will make everything worth it.. i really got no advise on how to substain a pregnancy or to get preggie (coz mine is quite easy to guess based on the lots of discharge during ovulation)

Back