Support group for wives with unfaithful husbands

Can anyone tell me how do I control the rage in me? I am so so angry at the bastard. Recently I found out abt his affairs as he did not return home 1 night. I drill him further and finally he confessed.
He had been having gf even after we got married. I know him for 13 yrs and this is our 6th yr in marriage in dec. He mentioned there were no sexual between all the gfs except for the latest 1 which he felt he really luv. I drill further and he finally confessed tt he had been visiting prostitute for the past 7 or 8 yrs almost every mth. Tt is so so disgusting. He is visiting prostitute, having gf and a wife at the same time. I am very sad as my gal is only 3yo and currently juz 1mth pregnant. Till now he is still undecided wat to do next. But I oredi decided to divorce him. But I cant seem to control the rage in me. Wat shd I do?

Btw I heard tt divorce will be granted immediately if one side has committed adultery. I am only 1mth old pregnant. Will I still be eligible for the 16weeks maternity leave and the baby bonus and all the benefits? My hospitalisation for pregnancy I can claim from my co benefits. Now if I am single mother not sure if it is still applicable to me.
If on delivery if he is agreeable to using his medishield can he still do so even though we are divorced?

Btw I heard tt divorce will be granted immediately if one side has committed adultery. I am only 1mth old pregnant. Will I still be eligible for the 16weeks maternity leave and the baby bonus and all the benefits? My hospitalisation for pregnancy I can claim from my co benefits. Now if I am single mother not sure if it is still applicable to me.
If on delivery if he is agreeable to using his medishield can he still do so even though we are divorced?
Hi Blinded29, I hope you have calmed down a bit? Hope that the decision you have made has gone thru rational process thinking? Unfaithful hbs are no longer uncommon. Plus you two have been married for quite a no. of years, + the fact that you are now 1 month preg! You could be a very strong lady which I am sure, but going thru the entire pregnancy on your own is no joke in my opinion.
Maybe can hear from him what he has to say, and see if he is serious in rebuilding the marriage. I have personally been thru 2 painful betrayal. One fr my ex hub, whom I've ended up divorce with. Luckily we have no kids. And 2nd one, whom is my current man in life. It is a lot of rage, anger, and hurtful feelings... and honestly it takes a long long while to heal, or perhaps, the scar will always be there. Be it for your kids good or not, I hope you can give a serious thot before proceeding with divorce.

If you really choose to go on divorce, it will not happen over night. The soonest possible is also 3 months for Final Judgement to be out. Conservatively, you are looking at about 6 months for the whole episode to end. Mine took about one yr cos the other party was not based in Singapore.

U are also very brave. After this episode I believe I can no longer luv anyone. I am also quite confirmed abt my decision to get a divorce just by looking at his current actions. Though he apologies and says remorseful but he told me he still needs time to think through the whole thing. Whether he still want to salvage the marriage. Such an insincere move is the last straw. If he still wants this marriage after I discover his affairs shdnt he beg for forgiveness and ask to be given another chance?

I also need some advices on the arrangement for my gal. Currently she is taking care by my mil. I do not like to change her routine because of the divorce. U think is a gd idea tt I continue to let my mil take care of her during the day? And I bring her home at night?

Well well...sometimes guys need time to sort out their tots too. He could be feeling frustrated and angry that his lobang pizar... he knew he is in the wrong yet you have managed to dig it out - so he is upset and helpless too. But this doesn't mean they deserve our sympathy.

Same thing, my man also din noe what to do.... he doesn't know whether we should end n he advance further with tat TOW, or to work towards saving our r/s. He even said that he was prepared to lose everything. Meaning me and TOW. So I can feel how hurt you must be feeling now cos I've been thru too.

Wat I did.... keep pressing on my prayers. Pray that God will touch his heart and bring him back on track. Pray that God convicts him and repent... I told him that i'm gonna let him sort out his thoughts, and giving him a month to think abt it. Praise God... he came back shortly after a week! It was difficult at the beginning to trust him completely again. Even till today, I cannot trust him 100% still... but I do make a conscious effort not to bring up the past again.

Suggest that you give yourself and him a few week to sort things out. As for your gal, if you eventually want to end with a divorce, your MIL will sure know about it. Talk to her and see if she is still willing to help to take care of ur gal - which i'm quite sure she will... I think it may be good as after all, wat happened are between u and him. Shouldn't deprive ur gal fr having grandparents' love and care ya.

I am very impressed. How do u have the courage to ever trust him again? But I guess mine is more problematic than ur. Other than affair, he had gfs and patronise whores. I dont think I can ever trust him again. I dont think I will be able to have a normal sexual relationship with him ever.
But it juz pained me whenever my gal keeps asking for the father. He has always been a doting daddy and husband.
Till now when he says he want to move out and cool down I still feel tt it is just an excuse to shack up w tt bitch.
And aren't u afraid there will be a 2nd time? I do not have any religion and probably tts y I am not too forgiving I guess. But you have really done ver well. This is the first time I hear a success story of salvaging a relationship after the husband had cheated.

Oh dear... Blinded... Guess wat, this morning I dreamed that he let me down again :( I must admit, this jus show that we can possibly forgive, but not forget about the hurt done to us. BTW, my incident was rather fresh still in my mind...cos it jus happened last yr this time. But ever since the saga, our r/s grew stronger, oso partly becos of us, being more rooted in God's words. Anw if you ask me if i'm afraid of a 2nd time, YES I am... but I just have to have faith... cos this is the fundamental to carry on a r/s. Besides, now we are preparing for the next phase in life. We jus moved in to our new plc, and i'm currently 2 mths preg.

Actually i'm kinda worried about how you gonna copy with ur current pregnancy...having to go thru it all on ur own.

Ashley is very right that apart from divine help, there is also professional counselling that you can seek. Probably now, what you need most is to talk to somebody...

yep.. i have been arranging to get appointment for marriage counselling as well.
I am so sorry that because of me, you are reminded of those horrible incidents and i am happy that both of you is going through another phase of your life.

I seriously do not have the faith. Just today a guy fren told me that the 1 mth away is actually to shack up with the vixen to stablise the relationship so that he wont end up having none. If not he will want to try living with her and see if she is the one for him. I did have hopes when you told me ur hb is back within 1 week. But then now I think 70% of wat my guy fren say is true. I hope that he is not lying to me again this time and there should be no reason to lie to me since all the other things he had been so frank about.

yep.. i have been arranging to get appointment for marriage counselling as well.
I am so sorry that because of me, you are reminded of those horrible incidents and i am happy that both of you is going through another phase of your life.

I seriously do not have the faith. Just today a guy fren told me that the 1 mth away is actually to shack up with the vixen to stablise the relationship so that he wont end up having none. If not he will want to try living with her and see if she is the one for him. I did have hopes when you told me ur hb is back within 1 week. But then now I think 70% of wat my guy fren say is true. I hope that he is not lying to me again this time and there should be no reason to lie to me since all the other things he had been so frank about.
R you very certain that he doesn't love u anymore? For me I cannot believe that he jus stopped loving me. All men are the same. The want the best of both worlds...and if they really have to choose, they will choose one that they are most comfortable with. You two have been together for so long, have a cutie gal, and one more coming... It is hard for them to break up with TOW immediately cos he just tasted the forbidden fruit and just wanted more of it. I guess time is all you need. Jus take this 1 mth away from him. Don't care what he is gonna do...be it shagging up with TOW or some other flings. Take this time to thing for yourself. If he comes back, it is ur call to accept him again. If he doesn't, then this 1 mth will serve as a good trial period of what u gonna go thru on ur own - without him as hb, father of ur child.

The day I found out that he was seeing his colleague, I went berserk as well. And there he is, knowing I was so heartbroken, went ahead on his rendezvous date with tat SYT. It was really really a torment...Pain just bite into your bones. I refused to think how I have managed to get by those days. Totally unthinkable. SO you must stay strong ok!!

I am very impressed. How do u have the courage to ever trust him again? But I guess mine is more problematic than ur. Other than affair, he had gfs and patronise whores. I dont think I can ever trust him again. I dont think I will be able to have a normal sexual relationship with him ever.
But it juz pained me whenever my gal keeps asking for the father. He has always been a doting daddy and husband.
Till now when he says he want to move out and cool down I still feel tt it is just an excuse to shack up w tt bitch.
And aren't u afraid there will be a 2nd time? I do not have any religion and probably tts y I am not too forgiving I guess. But you have really done ver well. This is the first time I hear a success story of salvaging a relationship after the husband had cheated.

hi blinded 29,

it believed it might not his 1st affair, and every time u discover he had a affair, it hurt you. Even if he really come back to you this time after 1 mth, u will never know when the next one will come. And if u started to trust him, he betray u again, then u will be hurt again.

From what i see, he can still be a good father if u divorce him, cos if he is really a doting and responsible father, he will come and see the kid often and also give u maintenance.

i feel this is the best time to get the evidence against him, since he move out and likely to be with the women. It;s not easy to file a divorce but i feel u need to look forward, as life with this man is uncertain.

My hb hv start his affair in May 2005 when we abt to ROM. Then end in May 2006 coz I confront and he admitted juz before our photoshoot. I meet up the gal, and hv to be there to see him grieve over the lost of the gal but i choose to go ahead with the customary as I dun not want my parents to worry and explain to people. In my thots, I rather filed for D later then to cancel. I went thru the emotional roller coaster. It does nt help when after a while he get tired of my 'nonesense'. Then when I was pregnant with my our 1st kid in 2007, I realised he download her pic from friendster. I pick up a big fight. After our 1st kid is born in 2008, I found out that he have another msn acct and is chatting up gal sexually. I call my family over and his family. I wanted him out of my life. But he do not want. Another time of emotional roller coaster.

Now we are ok and I managed to get over it. I have doubts in his words tat he nv bed the gal or those gals he chat over msn. But I also hv no hardcore proof tat he did so it is a benefit of doubts. We hv our 2nd kid in 2010.

I will nt say tat I trust him totally yet, but so far, I did nt find anything. If I do, then I think I know what to do.

As for you, blinded 29, it is really ur decision on what u wan to do. Choosing to stay in the marriage is nt easy coz all these things he did before will haunt u nw and then. But no matter wat, u will only be a better person and tougher.

jia you.

Now I do not know whether he is speaking the truth or lying to me when he says he is moving out to cool down. But I have kinda make up my mind to get a D and move on. I have a few queries here. If my mil take care of my bb, a few yrs down the road, he can fight for custody for the bb right? And chances are high tt I may lose the case as my mil is the caregiver and he is also staying in the same house.

If that's the case, then it is likely I will get my mother to look after my bb for me and my gal attends the childcare at my mom place. I thought if my mil contd to take care of her, at least there wont be such a drastic change in her lifestyle.

Now I do not know whether he is speaking the truth or lying to me when he says he is moving out to cool down. But I have kinda make up my mind to get a D and move on. I have a few queries here. If my mil take care of my bb, a few yrs down the road, he can fight for custody for the bb right? And chances are high tt I may lose the case as my mil is the caregiver and he is also staying in the same house.

If that's the case, then it is likely I will get my mother to look after my bb for me and my gal attends the childcare at my mom place. I thought if my mil contd to take care of her, at least there wont be such a drastic change in her lifestyle.

He doesn't need to move out to cool down, he is just giving a excuse. If he really wan the family, he would have stay with the family during this period of difficulties.

It better to get your child to be place under your mom care if u wan the care and control of your child. Kid when they are young, they will be able to adapt to changes faster. The longer u wait the worse it become.

Actually, u should get a PI to check for u, see who is he meeting or staying when he move out. At least u can get a closure and evidence.

I must admit, this jus show that we can possibly forgive, but not forget about the hurt done to us. BTW, my incident was rather fresh still in my mind...cos it jus happened last yr this time. But ever since the saga, our r/s grew stronger, oso partly becos of us, being more rooted in God's words. Anw if you ask me if i'm afraid of a 2nd time, YES I am... but I just have to have faith... cos this is the fundamental to carry on a r/s. Besides, now we are preparing for the next phase in life. We jus moved in to our new plc, and i'm currently 2 mths preg. =quote]
My heart aches when i was reading what u were writting here. It spells out exactly what i was thinking of and wat i am going through right now. Exactly the same.

Blinded 29, i hope by now everything has settle down for u..ur mood n everything. Stay positive. Love urself and ur kids more. They need ur time and energy. U can survive urself even without your husband. Just stay strong.

I found out my spouse was cheating on me two days before cny. He has all his messages and apps locked with password however that day he forgot to close it. I listened to their wechat conv with GROs from china. From their conv they seems like friends but one of them mentioned the one he wanted the other day wasn't available for him but the next time she will be available. So this is cheating, isn't it? My whole world shattered! I don't know hat to do and I went for bazi reading. He confirmed he is unfaithful however due to our relationship is in a clashing life path, I am not to confront him or our marriage will head to road of no return! I am so confused and helpless. Why are we the victim and we need to put up with his infidelity?? I don't understand. I am so devastated and anger is all around me. I think he could sense I knew something but he still acts innocent as if nothing happend. Last yr we argued one time cos he keep going kuching every week and doesn't like me to ask is whereabouts. He confessed he did go clubbing but nothing happened. I was so stupid I believed in him. He said 男人逢场作戏是很no big deal! He said I should know he doesn't like to go to those places. True he doesn't like those places before and look down on those hookers. But now, hookers from china are so f****** hiao...no man can resist! In fact i google a lot and even counsellors said don't believe in men even when they confessed and say they nvr repeat. Why are women so less fortunate? Because we aged and we don't hold pretty faces and tight young skin anymore like those 20++ hookers? I am in my 40s and I don know what I am supposed to do now. Divorce? What happen to my kids? They are so innocent. Any advice? Thanks.

From their conv they seems like friends but one of them mentioned the one he wanted the other day wasn't available for him but the next time she will be available. So this is cheating, isn't it? My whole world shattered! I don't know hat to do and I went for bazi reading.
知道了,更加痛苦。
这就是为什么老师不太想要给人算命/看命理。老师不敛财,也不想给人利用免费算命。

老师讲得再准根本没有用。Something headache.

He confirmed he is unfaithful however due to our relationship is in a clashing life path, I am not to confront him or our marriage will head to road of no return! I am so confused and helpless. Why are we the victim and we need to put up with his infidelity?? I don't understand. I am so devastated and anger is all around me. I think he could sense I knew something but he still acts innocent as if nothing happend. Last yr we argued one time cos he keep going kuching every week and doesn't like me to ask is whereabouts. He confessed he did go clubbing but nothing happened.
前世的业,夫妇今世要了结的。

I was so stupid I believed in him. He said 男人逢场作戏是很no big deal! He said I should know he doesn't like to go to those places. True he doesn't like those places before and look down on those hookers.
True in some cases.

But now, hookers from china are so f****** hiao...no man can resist! In fact i google a lot and even counsellors said don't believe in men even when they confessed and say they nvr repeat.
Now you then know.
Too many PRC in Singapore.
You will be surprised, Government still giving PR to aliens despite white paper protest.

Because we aged and we don't hold pretty faces and tight young skin anymore like those 20++ hookers? I am in my 40s and I don know what I am supposed to do now. Divorce? What happen to my kids? They are so innocent.
人老珠黄。老公嫌弃了。

quote="Betrayed.mother, post: 6846964, member: 159908"]Why are women so less fortunate? Because we aged and we don't hold pretty faces and tight young skin anymore like those 20++ hookers? I am in my 40s and I don know what I am supposed to do now. Divorce? What happen to my kids? They are so innocent. Any advice? Thanks.[/quote]

I can understand what u r going through now. Dun make any divorce decision right now. Give urself sometime to let everything settle down in your mind. U must be having repetitve questions like "Why this kind of things can happen to me?", " Why are there such CHEAP woman around?", " What did i do wrong?",

Use this time to go do something u like. make urself happy. Give urself sometime to cool down first because decisions made in such settings are usually based on emotions not rational reasonings.

N it is not aboout age or looks. A sensible man (although i know most men are not sensible) will look far beyond what is underneath the surface. Looks wither. He should be sensible and mature enough to know who will be the one who will be with him when he is old - his kids and wife. Not those "feng chang zuo xi" women oustide. Give him sometime to think rationally. He should be temporily blinded by those stupid mei she outisde.

Love your self and ur kids. I know it is not ez but u have to be strong. What dun kill u must make u stronger. I have been through the same stage as u 2 years back (and tt was like 1 yr into my new marriage only). I talk to a lot of ppl for support..see a counsellor..talk to my mum/ trusted frens and colleagues..I was angry like u. Kept asking myself why did this happen to me. It is not ez but u have to pick urself up (not just for urself but ur kids too). From it, i have learnt a lot of important life lessons..and one of them is depend on no one but urself. Be financially independent (i have tots of becoming a stay at home mum b4 it happens).

jia you!! u r not alone.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear what Betrayed Mother has gone thru. My husband admitted to liking someone else when we were barely a year married. We have dated for almost a decade before we got married. It was totally crashing and i lose all my respect for him. I let him chose what he wanted. Usually sensible men would make the obvious choice and i learnt to forgive him. It only goes on to show i am magnanimous and have a big capacity to love. Initially there will b suspicions and mistrust but he must understand that its e repercussions from the trouble he created but slowly, it will get better. Now, I cannot guarantee that these things will not happen again but like FFT i learnt that i hv to b independent in all aspects and strengthen my faith in my religion.

actually, I will say divorce is the easy way out to get ourselves out of agony. But to stay in the marriage and make it work is tough and I survive it, so I believe u all can too if u all want. Having say tat, the straying party hv to put in effort to rebuild the trust and marriage too.

In this current world, temptation is everywhere and it is like so common to hear people telling their share of stories tat their spouses stray....but to be able to stand up again and keep ur sane is more impt. Remember, u r nt alone, and u r nt the only one who encounter such things.

stay strong and positive ladies.

Thanks FFT and fluffycloudy for your sharing. I know I have anger and this is normal. But as I have found out but he could pretend nothing happen and continue doing so really makes me want to throw up! Isn't this a hypocrite act? I know I am old now and I don't stand anymore chance to start over my life.. So it's so devastating. I have been a housewife for 18 yrs and its not easy to get a job now.
I don't know what will happen to me when he start going out station again. I might go crazy! I can't tell him I knew about it. Sounds so ridiculous ho? I really wanted to confront him. I am not expecting an apology or he admit he will not repeat. I just want him to be sensible and think what he really wants. If he prefers them, then it's better for me to leave, isn't it? I can lead a peaceful life. But since 3 bazi consultant told me not to confront....I really don't know what to do. Sometimes I think it's better off for me to die and no eye to see.
@toblerone, I download your two versions of PDF file and I wanted to ask you is it the verses at the last page of 消灾解恶 - 解怨咒 isthe经文 to hv to 回向? Can anyone help to to do pinyin? The are a lot I don know how to read. Thanks.

@september I know what you mean and I know that myself. But it's so easy to say than done. I really hope I can manage to walk thru this mess. But the problem is I can tell him. Could you tell me what I should do? I appreciate all your help. Thanks ladies.

Men r cheap. They tot we can do without them.

Keep ur chin high. Doll urself pretty and love urself and ur kids. Show it to him u dun have to depend on him. U r not a weakling. As long as ur children is close to u and loves u, that is all that matters.

Erm..i am not sure if confrontation works because it depends on the character of your hubby. When i found out what happen, i kick a big big fuss over it. I went to tell my mum and my in laws. He became v angry (dunno is it because of the fact that i found out wat happen and exposed him or because he thinks i am making a big hoo haa over it). This act makes things worse and he started to "re-invent" history, making up stories to his parents, "explaining" his act. He even told them that having "flings" r common (similar to ur situation). Confrontation does not work on him as it makes him even more "defensive" of his action and draws him closer to that woman (because at that point, no one, not even his family, is siding with his actions..except of course, that woman whom he feels, at that point of time, "supports" him the most). Totally "blinded".

Of course, everyone's story is different but like at sept says, u r not alone. Stay focus on urself and ur chilren. And it has nothing to do with age nor looks. I am only in my early 30s and the same thing happen to me. It has to do with the man u r sticking with. Not ur fault but his. Doll urself up. Love urself (because it does not matter even if he doesn't).

Dun think about leaving or wat first. Take sometime to cool down and focus on urself. Once u r strong internally, u wil be able to see a lot of things with a clearer mind. By then, then make a decision on how to move on from there. Find someone to talk to (counseller or ur parents or trusted frens). I find talking to a marriage counseller helps for me during those dark period. Or join a support group. It helps u to tide over. Get out of ur comfort zone and make new frens. Then u will realise the world is actually much bigger than u tot. U can do a lot even without ur husband as long as ur children are healthy, fillal and with u. They are the ones that r more impt than anything.

Men r cheap. They tot we can do without them.

Keep ur chin high. Doll urself pretty and love urself and ur kids. Show it to him u dun have to depend on him. U r not a weakling. As long as ur children is close to u and loves u, that is all that matters.

Erm..i am not sure if confrontation works because it depends on the character of your hubby. When i found out what happen, i kick a big big fuss over it. I went to tell my mum and my in laws. He became v angry (dunno is it because of the fact that i found out wat happen and exposed him or because he thinks i am making a big hoo haa over it). This act makes things worse and he started to "re-invent" history, making up stories to his parents, "explaining" his act. He even told them that having "flings" r common (similar to ur situation). Confrontation does not work on him as it makes him even more "defensive" of his action and draws him closer to that woman (because at that point, no one, not even his family, is siding with his actions..except of course, that woman whom he feels, at that point of time, "supports" him the most). Totally "blinded".

Of course, everyone's story is different but like at sept says, u r not alone. Stay focus on urself and ur chilren. And it has nothing to do with age nor looks. I am only in my early 30s and the same thing happen to me. It has to do with the man u r sticking with. Not ur fault but his. Doll urself up. Love urself (because it does not matter even if he doesn't).

Dun think about leaving or wat first. Take sometime to cool down and focus on urself. Once u r strong internally, u wil be able to see a lot of things with a clearer mind. By then, then make a decision on how to move on from there. Find someone to talk to (counseller or ur parents or trusted frens). I find talking to a marriage counseller helps for me during those dark period. Or join a support group. It helps u to tide over. Get out of ur comfort zone and make new frens. Then u will realise the world is actually much bigger than u tot. U can do a lot even without ur husband as long as ur children are healthy, fillal and with u. They are the ones that r more impt than anything.

Yes FFT. What you said is so true. I don't think confront him is good way for his character is somehow like yr spouse I guess. I think that's why the bazi reader told me not to. Now I recalled. Thanks FFT! You saved me! I was blinded by anger. Phew, they (consultant) told me to b more patient n understanding towards him. Maybe you are right. I shouldn't make any emotional decision. I told my eldest son 16yo) that we could end up divorce because we can't get together along well. (Mention nothing about his father' infidelity). I hope he can understand me. But his reply was that he hoped we could still stay together as a family. That's one of the reason I did not confront him. I tried my best to swallow up his infidelity. But the more I think of him I got angrier thus made me blind. In fact I am not a dominant one and I don't like to fight or argue. I guess he took advantage of me at this point. I am glad that you made it thru! God bless you. Hopefully I can made it just like you. :).

Another thing, reading @toblerone 's attachment, I felt a lot comfortable too. I spent this afternoon reading them. But I really wish that she has english version for the 消灾解恶。

Last edited:
Betrayed mother, keep your cool, calm and grace. I can share that i feel being agitated only makes the other party feels tat u cannot do without him. Its reverse psychology to win him back. Men r more attracted to a confident women then a women with low self esteem. My husband made up lots of excuse on why he tried to stray when we were on marriage counseling. He said i wasnt maintaining myself well when i feel that i hv not changed in my own upkeep at all. I jogged a few times a week without fail for many many yrs. Exercise is always part of my life. I hold a respectable job with gd pay. I was always slim due to good genes. He was simply sprouting nonsense. Even the counselor was shocked to hear that fr him. After the whole incident settled, i continued to exercise, continued to look presentable. I know the importance of self confidence. There were even friends n colleagues who expressed interest in me, some even younger than me, even they knew i am married i was flattered but i did not stray. Cos i was so hurt by a strayer n i know how it feels. He subsequently knew abt my admirers and he knew i proved him very very wrong. He realised that he just wanted to get himself out of a situation by being defensive. Now, i hv a more mature view on marriage. I used to think of prince charming n happily ever afters. But now i know marriage n men is not everything in life and nothing in this world is resistant to change. If the happiness could last, it will b a blessing. If not, we hv to let go n move on after putting up a gd fight. Its always healthier to live for urself n not just live for others.

Last edited:
Betrayed mother, keep your cool, calm and grace. I can share that i feel being agitated only makes the other party feels tat u cannot do without him. Its reverse psychology to win him back. Men r more attracted to a confident women then a women with low self esteem. My husband made up lots of excuse on why he tried to stray when we were on marriage counseling. He said i wasnt maintaining myself well when i feel that i hv not changed in my own upkeep at all. I jogged a few times a week without fail for many many yrs. Exercise is always part of my life. I hold a respectable job with gd pay. I was always slim due to good genes. He was simply sprouting nonsense. Even the counselor was shocked to hear that fr him. After the whole incident settled, i continued to exercise, continued to look presentable. I know the importance of self confidence. There were even friends n colleagues who expressed interest in me, some even younger than me, even they knew i am married i was flattered but i did not stray. Cos i was so hurt by a strayer n i know how it feels. He subsequently knew abt my admirers and he knew i proved him very very wrong. He realised that he just wanted to get himself out of a situation by being defensive. Now, i hv a more mature view on marriage. I used to think of prince charming n happily ever afters. But now i know marriage n men is not everything in life and nothing in this world is resistant to change. If the happiness could last, it will b a blessing. If not, we hv to let go n move on after putting up a gd fight. Its always healthier to live for urself n not just live for others.

Fluffycloudy,
You are so blessed to have good genes to win back you hubby. Though luck, I don't have :( and I know I lack of confident and no sense of humor. Guess when he found another colorful world, our little kingdom gradually fall out from his heart. In fact, he strays together with his business partner that's why it's even more difficult to stop them. I have no choice but to be patient till one day if I can't carry it, I'll hv to let go. I don't hope for that day, but it's likely will happen sooner or later. You know what, ever since I found out he betrayed me, I can't get myself to find something to talk to him. So sad huh?

But talking with all of you really makes me feel a lot better, knowing I am not alone and somebody out there still cares to give me little encouragement. I really appreciate all of you. It means a lot especially I have no one to turn to. :). Hopefully I could gather myself fast and move on with my life.

Betrayed mother, no one has e good genes to not grow old. I think u understand that confidence is what u exudes and not entirely all about looking good n pretty. Its how u feel abt urself fr within. I will grow old n wrinkled too and i tell myself if he betray again, at least i m prepared, i.wun b caught off guarded like last time. I will let him choose n let go if need be. I always tell myself mayb i betrayed him in my past life so i need to return what i owed him. But if he choose to betray, he will definitely get his karma. Turn the situation around and use the chance to improve yourself. Chase your dreams that u always wanted. Focus on other things or people, like your children. Let the past make u better and not bitter.

Last edited:
I will let him choose n let go if need be. I always tell myself mayb i betrayed him in my past life so i need to return. But if he choose to betray, he will definitely get his karma.

That's what I was thinking. In fact if I confront him, I just want him to choose not to apologize to me. I will let go if he chooses not me. After reading toblerone's attachment, I knew somehow I betrayed him in past life. Feels a lot better huh? So pathetic to be a woman. I never ever thought this could happen to me. He was such a nice husband then. I trusted him so much. I never thought each trip he took he looks for hooker. Maybe that's why he is nice to me, out of guilt. Maybe I should go stray too!

Actually after knowing how it feels to b hurt by someone u most trusted. U wun want to stray already cos u think abt the person's other half.

I used to think of prince charming n happily ever afters. But now i know marriage n men is not everything in life and nothing in this world is resistant to change. If the happiness could last, it will b a blessing. If not, we hv to let go n move on after putting up a gd fight. Its always healthier to live for urself n not just live for others.

This sums up one of the important life lessons i have learnt too. Sometimes it feels a little sad to end up in a marriage like this because my idea of a marriage life should be one tt contains selfless love. Selfless love in this instance will only bring in more pain.

Betrayed mother, having said all these, i dun mean u must condone what your husband has done outside. After the "initial" feelings have died offf, i feel u should voice out your concerns and work with him to resolve all the problems that led him to his infidety. If u keep quiet, he will think u "accept" this behaviour of his and will continue to enjoy outside having the tots tt "my family will still be there for me at the end of the day". That will also depend on how much u can accept. Men always want the best of both worlds.

In the mean time, protect urself. Because we wont know what sort of diseases they can contract outside (erm sorry i know this sounds a bit crude but please protect urself). Protect urself then u can protect ur child. They should be your focus.

FFT, in fact I was thinking of talking this subject to him, but since I went for 3 bazi reader, all 3 advised me not to. I struggle myself all the while asking why can't I confront him? I cant live with this for the rest of my life. I don't mean to be rude when confronting, but just letting him know I already knew what's he up to and it's time to make a decision. If he has no plans to cut off the relationship with them, then it means our marriage has come to an end. I don't need apologies from him. I just want him to know I will not live with that, that's all. I will not put up with his newfound lifestyle. This is ot right. If I don't let him know, that means I am accepting his infidelity and he will keep on doing it. I guess the bazi readers could see his character is not easy to handle and will just make me stuck in the rut making me hanging half way. I don't know. But since you mention character the other day, I only recall this. Else I will stil be wondering why I can't confront him. This is so unfair. I am still, in fact, hanging there, not knowing what will happen next or when he's going out station again.
I know it's stupid to ask this but how can I protect myself from those diseases? I did went for a blood test already tho.

FFT, in fact I was thinking of talking this subject to him, but since I went for 3 bazi reader, all 3 advised me not to. I struggle myself all the while asking why can't I confront him? I cant live with this for the rest of my life. I don't mean to be rude when confronting, but just letting him know I already knew what's he up to and it's time to make a decision. If he has no plans to cut off the relationship with them, then it means our marriage has come to an end. I don't need apologies from him. I just want him to know I will not live with that, that's all. I will not put up with his newfound lifestyle. This is ot right. If I don't let him know, that means I am accepting his infidelity and he will keep on doing it. I guess the bazi readers could see his character is not easy to handle and will just make me stuck in the rut making me hanging half way. I don't know. But since you mention character the other day, I only recall this. Else I will stil be wondering why I can't confront him. This is so unfair. I am still, in fact, hanging there, not knowing what will happen next or when he's going out station again.

Give him sometime to bypass the "honey moon" period with that woman outside. Maybe concentrate on urself first. Focus on urself and make urself strong internally before speaking to him on this subject (unless u wan to close one eye on what he is doing outside for the rest of ur life). Let the whole matter die down emotionally first before coming to a decision urself. When u r strong on the inside, whatever happens and decisions u make will not bring u down.

I know it's stupid to ask this but how can I protect myself from those diseases? I did went for a blood test already tho.

erm..I am not sure if i am in the right position to advise u on this but if i were u, i will refrain from having unprotected sex with him for the time being..get wat i mean?

Men will never be satisfied . Men will nevr change

Erm..Not really true. I have seen couples from my support group who came out stronger than they actually were previously after the affair hit their marriage. Some of them came to see a lot of "blind spots" in their marriage and work on them to improve relationship to make it even stronger...although i know it takes a lot of effort (from the party who betrays) and a lot of relentless mental strength (from the party who is being hurt).

Both have to put in a lot of efforts to make things work (although it is not ez as trust is a very big issue). But i believe, some men really do so in a moment of folly and able to see what is good for them and what they really wan after they have learnt their lessons.

Yes, i agree with FFT, there r men who really learn their lesson. I hv heard a wife called in a radio program to say that she is very glad that she gave her husband a second chance. He is now a family orientated perfect husband.

I happen to find out that my husband was cheating on me last year,and i still can't seem to put this matter behind us. We are only in the 2nd year of our marriage with a 20 months old baby (shotgun marriage).
This girl (not a Singaporean) is a colleague of his (up till now, she still is), and during confrontation he lied not only once or twice but THRICE! He said he will cut all contacts with her,straight after the confrontation, the next morning i saw her waiting for him downstairs our block (we are just living opposite one another)!!! And 2nd time he told me he had stopped contacting him, but he just had to use our house phone to contact her (when i wasn't around) and i manage to find out. Lastly, her BF actually contacted me and told me everything!!! At that point of time, i really felt lost, i can't believe that he actually cheated on me. I went to a lawyer,requested for a separation but he refused, told me he will make things better and all. But now 1 year later, i don't see any improvements in him. He is still deleting msges in his phone (but i can't be certain if he is still contacting her?).

This whole saga has been affecting our marriage, we have not been having any sexual intercourse since the day i found out i was pregnant, which is 2 years ago? Putting sexual intercourse aside, we have not been spending time alone ever since 1 year ago? we don't even hold hands,hug or kiss anymore. Technically we are sleeping on the same bed, but i will always place a bolster in between so that i will not get to near him.

I'm really sick and tired of this marriage, which i feel is leading to nowhere. Can someone pls advise me! My daughter is still young, our flat will be coming in 2016/17?
Everyday when i return him, i feel so miserable apart from seeing my kid.

Dear ALTQQ,

from your story, please allow me to a few points of observation.

your marriage, by virtue of it being a shotgun, seems lacking in true love and deep understanding of each other.
i may suspect that its sexual attraction which brought both of you together and now, if you dont take offense, i would suggest that if you come to love him, please try sexual means to retain your husband.

i mean, come on, in the absence of true love, sex is the next best alternative.

Dear ALTQQ,

from your story, please allow me to a few points of observation.

your marriage, by virtue of it being a shotgun, seems lacking in true love and deep understanding of each other.
i may suspect that its sexual attraction which brought both of you together and now, if you dont take offense, i would suggest that if you come to love him, please try sexual means to retain your husband.

i mean, come on, in the absence of true love, sex is the next best alternative.

Dear Wreck it Ralph,
i would like love to make things better between my husband and i but given the fact that he has cheated on me, and lied THRICE during confrontation just makes me want to give up the entire marriage. Even though he cheated, i tried to make things better asking him out for movies,dinners etc. but all the time he will be giving excuses like he's too tired.
For me to be able to please him in sexual needs is almost impossible, i would not want him to touch me after what he had done. Up till today, i would say that he is still hiding the truth from me.

For a rs to work out, it takes 2 hands to clap isn't it? I am the one putting in all the effort to make our marriage work out, but he on the other hand does not appreciate it.
I'm tired of trying.

Is my case consider cheating? My husband not a professional photographer hired a freelance model for shooting in hotel. They had 3 different shots.... Two on sexy lingerie one was naked only cover with towel. I found out from his fb (which he had two account one with another name - not his real name). He told me he was just purely taking photo as he really wants to experience it before I delivered. My bb is only few months old.
I'm really very sad. I wants to believe him but I can't. I keeping thinking what they r doing in that room. How can a normal man resist temptation?
The model is so pretty while I have become a fat old woman. I feel like breaking down but I dun want my family to worry. How????????????

Hi

I'm in my early 30s. Jus give birth to my 2nd bb gal 3 mth ago.

Jus very recently I discovered that my other half has cheated on me.

Recently we have issue with money but I choose to forgive him n move on for the sake of my 2 kids, 1 boy at 3 and 1 gal only 3mth old.

But he doesn't wan me to forgive his wrong for losting his money (gambling).

He work frm 6-6 everyday. Jus recently I realised his changes. He doesn't show care nor concern to me anymore. He say he has no feeling for me.

Tdy he didn't come home when the time suppose to be home. I called him many many times n eventually he pick up n say he can only be back at 1pm. He suppose to be bk at 8. But he choose to stay over at the woman hse.

When he came bk, he confesses everything n force me for divorce.

Hi all
Would like to update all with regards to my current situation, hopefully able to encourage some of u and give support to u. As per my previous posts, the day i found out i am pregnant with the 2nd child is also the day i found out abt his affairs. Not only does he have affairs but also has the habit of patronising prostitutes. It was a big blow as he was such a family man in the eyes of all. He made the decision to divorce w me saying is for the best of my interests as he cannot be committed and not let the same thing happen again. So in dec i signed the separation deed (due to housing issue) instead of divorce. And i had just delivered my 2nd bb. It was a arduous journey during my pregnancy having to cope with my first child and the discomforts of pregnancy.
But i had managed to pull through with the support of my family and frens. And no signs of post natal blues. I had stopped stalking his facebook and gradually letting go of the relationship. Even though i have no choice but to remain in contact with him becoz of my first child but i am no longer in tears whenever after my contact with him.
So ladies, pls do hang on there and believe me, time will heal the wound. It had been 9mths and even though not completely healed but i believe i am doing fine till now. This ordeal had truly made me see what gd frens and family i have and will cherish them even more.

hi all

hb allow the prc to call me and that exposed the affair. He say he has break off with her. We are thinking of continuing our marriage. who has continue the marriage after discovering the affair? How do you tell yourself to accept?

Reading everyone's stories fills me with anger and pain and I wished all sluts out there will get a taste of the pain many time more!

I found out my HB has been cheating me less than a year ago for more than 20 years even before we married. One nite stands, commercial sex, affairs. You name it he does it all!! Icing on the cake is he is a sex and love addict which he wasn't aware of. I was the one who recognize the compulsive behavior!

Ladies if your spouse cheat, make sure it is not just a 'simple' case of infidelity. You have to dig and dig cos you will be surprise with what u can find. Addicts will never recover but would need help to manage their disease and if you choose to stick with your spouse, I suggest you get help for both of you.

Anyone with support group? I would like to share my story and hopefully support each other.

I don't mind starting one. PM me if interested.

The following is from Anne and Brian Bercht, founders of Beyond Affairs Network (BAN). Anne is the author of “My Husband’s Affair Became the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me” (PLEASE DON’T MISJUDGE THAT BOOK’S TITLE! WHEN YOU READ THE BOOK YOU’LL SEE THAT THE TITLE IS SOMEWHAT OF A “TEASER” AND THAT ANNE BERCHT IS A VERY RECOGNIZED AND QUALIFIED COUNSELOR AND FORMER BETRAYED SPOUSE.) Her article (below) concerns the MISINFORMATION in the entire world (INCLUDING therapists) pertaining to Betrayed Spouses and Wayward Spouses. I’m sharing this with everyone I “know.” Rescuing My Marriage (a former mental health therapist) works regularly with Anne and Brian Bercht and highly recommends their programs.” from 1981

Reposted fromhuperecho.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/regrets-the-fine-line-between-contributing-to-marital-problems-and-causing-a-spouses-infidelity ” I thought this was a good read and it comes from a woman who has successfully healed from infidelity and is still with her husband today. You can read other articles at beyondaffairs.com ” from Marie (huperecho)
Regrets – The Fine Line Between Contributing to Marital Problems and Causing a Spouse’s Infidelity (by Anne Bercht):
A Reader’s Question to Anne Bercht: Dear Anne – I am noticing that I am entering a new stage of grief. I am struggling with finding the line between
contributing to some of our marital problems, and causing his infidelity. My heart and brain say 2 different things.

Can you explain this?

Anne Bercht’s Answer: The more I learn about extramarital affairs, the more amazed I am that society generally fails to see the elephant in the room when it comes to the cause of affairs.
When you discover that your spouse has been unfaithful, most people ask themselves “What did I do wrong?” (The answer is nothing, but we can’t grasp that yet, neither can our friends, neither can our spouse, AND OFTENTIMES NEITHER CAN OUR THERAPIST.). The people in our lives help us blame ourselves. I don’t know how many times I was faced with a well-meaning friend asking, “Anne, I wonder what you did to cause Brian’s affair?” Then we ask our unfaithful spouse, “Why did you do this to me?” They are usually ready with a list of grievances of how unhappy they were and can readily tell us what we did to cause their affair.

When you go as a couple to see a counselor or therapist (devastated and desperate for support, love, and empathy), you will usually be faced with this statement: “Let’s not talk about the affair. Let’s talk about what was wrong in the marriage to cause the affair?” The very premise of the question may lead you astray from finding the answer you need. OFTEN NOTHING WAS WRONG IN THE MARRIAGE TO CAUSE THE AFFAIR.

Why do we not get it that even in happy marriages, especially long-term relationships, it can feel enticing when a 3rd party starts paying attention to us? Most unfaithful spouses are unaware of what’s happening at first. The beginnings are often very subtle.
Of course since there are no perfect marriages and no perfect people, when we go looking for the “problem in the marriage,” or the problem with the faithful spouse, we can always find something to blame the affair on.

One woman came to my BAN group after 30 years of marriage. She was a mess. Her husband had an affair every 5 years in their marriage, and every time he had an affair, they went for therapy and discovered what SHE did wrong to cause the infidelity. The first time it turned out it was because she didn’t keep the house clean enough and this really bothered her husband. So she became a better house cleaner, and they moved on believing they were healed. Ten years into the marriage it turned out she was a poor listener. So she became a really good listener, and that therapist affirmed them both that all was well. 15 years into the marriage it turned out she wasn’t having enough recreational companionship with her husband. So she began to play golf with him and they were supposedly healed. 20 years into the marriage it turned out that she was not adventurous enough in the bedroom, so she became a sex goddess, acquired an extensive lingerie collection, and got experimental. WHY ARE WE MISSING THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM HERE? HE is the problem! HE is the one who is engaging in the unacceptable behavior! HE is the one who keeps breaking his promises!

By the time the last affair was discovered 30 years into the marriage, the wife was losing her mind (testament to her high level of sanity that she made it this far). She admitted herself to the psych ward at the hospital. When she finally realized that SHE WAS NOT THE PROBLEM, she was able to heal. Had the real core issues been addressed from the beginning BY THEIR THERAPISTS, this marriage may have been saved.

The “I DON’T LOVE YOU – I LOVE YOU BUT I’M NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU – I’VE NEVER LOVED YOU” lies that many Wayward Spouses say:

One woman’s husband told her that in all the 35 years they had been married, he had never once loved her, not even when he asked her to marry her. Really? If this were true one could only conclude he was a total idiot. Why would you choose to marry someone, and choose to stay married to him or her for 35 years when you never once loved him or her? After all, it was not as if she’d taken a gun to his head, right down the aisle to the altar and said: Say “I do” or I’ll shoot. He CHOSE to marry her and he is responsible for his decision. I hear this line from most unfaithful spouses we work with: “I never loved my spouse.” ***IT SIMPLY ISN’T TRUE!*** Unfaithful spouses convince themselves of this to give them permission to have affair/s, because otherwise, they would think of themselves as a ‘bad’ person. “If I love my spouse and I have an affair anyway, then I must be a bad person,” they reason. In addition, their thinking gets distorted. THEY REWRITE THEIR MARITAL HISTORY IN THEIR MINDS. BAD MEMORIES BECOME BIGGER, AND THE GOOD MEMORIES AND THE LOVING FEELINGS THEY ONCE HAD ARE FORGOTTEN.

The elephant in the room, which society is missing completely, is that just because you have a good marriage, does not mean you cannot be tempted by an affair.

To every betrayed spouse: YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AFFAIR

To every unfaithful spouse: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR AFFAIR

I am often asked when I appear on television talk shows, “Do you accept responsibility for your part in Brian’s affair?” I answer, “I didn’t have a part in Brian’s affair, and if I would’ve been given a part I would’ve voted ‘no, let’s not do it.’”

When I stand before God to give an account for my life, one question God will not be asking me is “Anne, why did you make Brian have an affair?”

I will, however, give an account for ways that I may have failed Brian in the marriage, but these things did not cause the affair. For every marriage where we discover problems where there has been an affair, I can point to other marriages with worse problems where there has not been an affair. PROBLEMS IN MARRIAGE DOES NOT LEAD TO AFFAIRS. I’m appalled that I must state the obvious, but there are actually healthy ways to deal with problems in marriage!

There are many marriages today with problems, and it is true that these marriages are more vulnerable to affairs than marriages that are happy. There are also many other factors that lead to affairs. These are the gaps. These are the things we bring forth by working in person with couples through our Healing From Affairs weekends. You can also have access to the cognitive part of this teaching and our assessment tool, which will help you determine the root causes of the affair in your marriage by listening to our Healing From Affairs DVD program.

There is no time like the present (working through the devastation of an affair) to look at what could’ve been better in the marriage, but if we label these as the causes, we’re going to be missing significant factors that led to the affair. This thinking is the reason why there are so many repeat offenders. If you don’t find the real root, it’s going to happen again. If you over simplify the answer, you’re going to make some improvements, but be missing the big picture.

Usually when the betrayed spouse asks the unfaithful spouse, “Why did you do this?” And the unfaithful spouse answers, “I don’t know.” THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH. THEY DON’T KNOW YET. YOU ARE GOING TO DISCOVER THIS TOGETHER.

When we worked through our Healing from Affairs journey, of course I discovered things I did wrong in the marriage. Brian discovered things he did wrong in the marriag. We uncovered many behaviors of mine that had damaged and wounded my husband. We also uncovered many behaviors of my husband that had damaged and wounded me. We both made changes and it’s been wonderful to make and experience those changes. However…

A defining moment for me came when Brian said, “Anne, I appreciate all the changes you’ve made since we’ve worked through the affair. Our marriage is so much better today, and I really value that. I’VE LEARNED, HOWEVER, THAT EVEN IF YOU’D BEEN THE PERFECT SPOUSE BEFORE MY AFFAIR, I STILL WOULD’VE HAD THE AFFAIR, BECAUSE MY AFFAIR HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, AND HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY SHORTCOMINGS AS A MAN.”

This is the elephant in the room.

If you are the betrayed spouse, and you are less than 6 months from the day of your discovery of the affair (d-day), please don’t push yourself to look at your contribution to problems in the marriage. It’s too painful. Do it when you’re ready. It’s so important that we separate marital issues from affair issues. They must remain 2 separate issues if the marriage is to be healed. If they are not kept separate, the betrayed spouse struggles for ongoing years with unhealthy obsessiveness, that goes something like this:

Am I pretty enough? Are we having enough recreational companionship? Are we having enough sex? Enough sexual 10’s? Am I being a good enough mother? (or Am I being a good enough father – if the BS is a man)? Is the house clean enough? The list is endless, and living with this list, believing it’s directly connected to the possibility of your spouse having another affair, is like living with a ball and a chain around your leg. You may as well be in prison. No one can live this way. I’m all for spouses working towards meeting each others’ needs and being conscious and intentional about their marriages. I highly recommend it, but not when we attach, “And if you get it wrong on any given day, I might have an affair.” No one gets it perfect all the time. I need permission to fail sometimes and know that my spouse will seek a healthy way of dealing with his dissatisfaction, not that my failure to get it right is going to lead to the pain of betrayal.
I hope this serves to clarify the fine line between taking responsibility for ways we may have failed our spouse VS. taking responsibility for the affair.

Again, I emphasize:

To every betrayed spouse: YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AFFAIR

To every unfaithful spouse: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR AFFAIR

Sincerely,
Anne Bercht
©Copyright 2011 Anne and Brian Bercht. All rights reserved.

Back